Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880411 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:30am On May 03, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean I'll have to print out the transaction of the said amount transfered to my account and add it to my application?

Please I just want to understand.

yes ur statement of account and that of ur sponsor will be needed . the reason why u and ur sponsor will have to explain the money sent to u is to clear the issue of lump sum (cos I want to believe u don't usually or have never received such amount at once in ur account before)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 12:32am On May 03, 2017
mcobex:
yes ur statement of account and that of ur sponsor will be needed . the reason why u and ur sponsor will have to explain the money sent to u is to clear the issue of lump sum (cos I want to believe u don't usually or have never received such amount at once in ur account before)

LOL. Don't believe that yet.
Thanks for your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 12:33am On May 03, 2017
Rocorleone:
Good evening everyone.

how can one handle this....
payment of tuition commences by June 8 for september program, but application for trv would be submitted this month..

Please advice ASAP

secondly. an soa that has inflow and outflow of over 5mil above for the past 6 months but has 1.8mil as aval. balance while the other sponsor has inflow and outflow of over 5mil above for the past 6 months. How well is the soa.

what is the vo interested in? is it the huge inflow and outflow of money or the aval balance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:34am On May 03, 2017
mcobex:
I know it will be hard for u to leave ur young son, but the thing is u might not really leave him. u can apply for urs early and if u get approved early u can apply for him immediately u arrive canada (cos I don't know if it's cool to apply for him while u are still here)
mcobex:
I know it will be hard for u to leave ur young son, but the thing is u might not really leave him. u can apply for urs early and if u get approved early u can apply for him immediately u arrive canada (cos I don't know if it's cool to apply for him while u are still here)
mcobex:
I think a lady had same case and she applied immediately she got her own trv and was still in nigeria. though I can't remember her name but it wasn't on this thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:37am On May 03, 2017
Rocorleone:

LOL. Don't believe that yet.
Thanks for your advice
Lol! I mean it in a nice way ooo. just that any unusual hug transaction has to be explained to the vo (the source of funds as well)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 12:47am On May 03, 2017
mcobex:
Lol! I mean it in a nice way ooo. just that any unusual hug transaction has to be explained to the vo (the source of funds as well)

Your responses have been soo helpful.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 12:49am On May 03, 2017
an soa that has inflow and outflow of over 5mil above for the past 6 months but has 1.8mil as aval. balance while the other sponsor has inflow and outflow of over 5mil above for the past 6 months. How well is the soa.

what is the vo interested in? is it the huge inflow and outflow of money or the aval balance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 1:00am On May 03, 2017
Rocorleone:
an soa that has inflow and outflow of over 5mil above for the past 6 months but has 1.8mil as aval. balance while the other sponsor has inflow and outflow of over 5mil above for the past 6 months. How well is the soa.

I think the vo will be more interested in the available funds for ur 1st year. ur tuition +cad10k. how much is ur tuition fee?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 1:06am On May 03, 2017
mcobex:
I think the vo will be more interested in the available funds for ur 1st year. ur tuition +cad10k. how much is ur tuition fee?

$8000 CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 1:17am On May 03, 2017
Rocorleone:

$8000 CAD
ok, so that means u need atleast $18,000 CAD before u can apply. that should around #4.3mil (using #240/1CAD), so ur sponsor(s) should be able to give u that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 1:20am On May 03, 2017
chimah3:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Tell her to try reducing the content of the body of the email. Had someone having the same issue and that was the cause #cheers!

Plentiiiful thanks!! U deserve a bottle of Dom Perignon White Gold!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by beverlyd: 4:47am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=Darrelah post=559037

Hi Darrelah,
I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 5:28am On May 03, 2017
Hello how I have a questions that has been giving me issues, and I want gurus in d house to pls help,
I submitted my visa application, paper route this time last year for an undergraduate program in bus admin, and I was delayed.
These re mine docs,
OND cert mass comm
HND cert in mass common
Employment letter as regional sales manager,
Project magt training cert
And NYSC cert,marriage cert and son birth cert
Result, was delayed in 23 sept 2016, for. Insufficient fund, purpose and home tie
Now I want to start d my admission all over again, I have interest in two school, now PGD program to tackle of my reason for delay, the school is NBCC, Business Analysis, and company is ready to promote me as the new business analyst, and also the SCH fees is affordable for me 9k for 1 ur program, the other sch is conastaga college, course strategic marketing, fee is 15k but I cannot afford that to be honest, but can be able to pay d 1500 CND for reservation of seat. Pls I need help, how do I go ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 7:26am On May 03, 2017
tayonani:
Hello how I have a questions that has been giving me issues, and I want gurus in d house to pls help,
I submitted my visa application, paper route this time last year for an undergraduate program in bus admin, and I was delayed.
These re mine docs,
OND cert mass comm
HND cert in mass common
Employment letter as regional sales manager,
Project magt training cert
And NYSC cert,marriage cert and son birth cert
Result, was delayed in 23 sept 2016, for. Insufficient fund, purpose and home tie
Now I want to start d my admission all over again, I have interest in two school, now PGD program to tackle of my reason for delay, the school is NBCC, Business Analysis, and company is ready to promote me as the new business analyst, and also the SCH fees is affordable for me 9k for 1 ur program, the other sch is conastaga college, course strategic marketing, fee is 15k but I cannot afford that to be honest, but can be able to pay d 1500 CND for reservation of seat. Pls I need help, how do I go ?

since POF is one of the toughest things to convince the VO about, I would say go with the school you can afford.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 8:32am On May 03, 2017
please i am about submit my Visa application and i want the gurus in the house to check these out.

I am 34yrs old this year and i am married and my wife is pregnant and she works with NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL COURT OF NIGERIA. MY Program in a PGD in business Sustainability. Why i applied for PGD is because my CGPA is bellow average for master, which i have stated in my SOP. i have some properties in the village (lands) but the lands have only agreement signed between the owner with his witnesses. I have a car, rented apartment in Abuja for N450k for a two bedroom flat. i have been working for 4years now, i have all the documents from my office apart from leave letter. I have my own registered company since last two years. Though the company has not started off. I have task clearance certificate for last year on it.
I have my immediate elder brother as my sponsor. he has paid for my school fees, he has given me two
different statement of account, with all his office documents. as a prove that he is working and can pay my bills. my wife gave me letter of consent also. there are no gap in my CV,as per what i have been doing since after graduation. What i read in my first degree is project management which is directly related to what i want to study now in my PGD. My sponsor works with an Oil company in Abu dhabi his office payslip has also been sent to me. Am I good to go?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 8:52am On May 03, 2017
please how necessary is attaching property docs of sponsors?
typically they are relunctant to release that bit, can i go ahead with statement of account and other docs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by flow2davis: 8:53am On May 03, 2017
Morning All,

Please I have a situation.
I was only able to pay the acceptance visa before i was issued visa.
Now I am already in Toronto to resume study in Advance Diploma this May, but unfortunately, my sponsor has delayed making payment for my first semester tuition fee. The school is insisting I make payment before registration or defer till Sept..

So what do I do?
I have the option to defer till Sept.
Will I be in trouble if not actively enrolled in school from now till Sept.?
If I defer, can I be working?
Is heading back to Naija an option?

Thanks all for responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2017
flow2davis:
Morning All,

Now I am already in Toronto to resume study in Advance Diploma this May, but unfortunately, my sponsor has delayed making payment for my first semester tuition fee. The school is insisting I make payment before registration or defer till Sept...

I am not a guru on these issues but I would say the best option is to find a means to pay, first exhaust pleading with relatives to loan you. I dont like the idea of you deferring while already in the country, it may be seen as an abuse of your Visa in the future(really dont know).. also returning to naija get as e be o..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 9:09am On May 03, 2017
flow2davis:
Morning All,

Now I am already in Toronto to resume study in Advance Diploma this May, but unfortunately, my sponsor has delayed making payment for my first semester tuition fee. The school is insisting I make payment before registration or defer till Sept..

So what do I do?

pls share ur experience with the immigration and border control
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 9:12am On May 03, 2017
einsteino:

since POF is one of the toughest things to convince the VO about, I would say go with the school you can afford.
thanks as I am open to more advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by flow2davis: 9:14am On May 03, 2017
I arrived very early in the morning, the kept me till about 9am, called the school to confirm my admission and payment of acceptance fee.. then wished me luck.

tayonani:
pls share ur experience with the immigration and border control

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:25am On May 03, 2017
adiukuonyebuchi:
please i am about submit my Visa application and i want the gurus in the house to check these out.

I am 34yrs old this year and i am married and my wife is pregnant and she works with NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL COURT OF NIGERIA. MY Program in a PGD in business Sustainability. Why i applied for PGD is because my CGPA is bellow average for master, which i have stated in my SOP. i have some properties in the village (lands) but the lands have only agreement signed between the owner with his witnesses. I have a car, rented apartment in Abuja for N450k for a two bedroom flat. i have been working for 4years now, i have all the documents from my office apart from leave letter. I have my own registered company since last two years. Though the company has not started off. I have task clearance certificate for last year on it.
I have my immediate elder brother as my sponsor. he has paid for my school fees, he has given me two
different statement of account, with all his office documents. as a prove that he is working and can pay my bills. my wife gave me letter of consent also. there are no gap in my CV,as per what i have been doing since after graduation. What i read in my first degree is project management which is directly related to what i want to study now in my PGD. My sponsor works with an Oil company in Abu dhabi his office payslip has also been sent to me. Am I good to go?

you are good to go, but it would make more sense if that leave letter can be included, it forms part of your hometie as regards returning to Nigeria and still back to your work, I dont know the content of your SOP but i think it should include the necessity of the proposed program as pertain to your career advancement and all, as regards the deeds of agreement of the land, try and get it Notarized for authenticity sake.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ManTiger(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2017
Applied almost 24hrs ago, app number updated and submission confirmation BUT no biometric letter!

Anyone in this boat?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emmsana: 9:33am On May 03, 2017
Hello Guys
good morning,
can someone pls tell me the efficiency of OCAS/Ontario college website?
since i have payed i got email from each schools that my application has been received
1. conestoga is advising me to reapply through their international website (extra $100)this is a quote from their email "As an International Student on a Student Visa, we recommend that you apply through the Conestoga College International Application Portal to ensure you receive the most efficient processing of your application"

2. fanshawe said " Unfortunately, you have applied through OCAS. Typically international students do not apply through OCAS as it doesn’t provide them an opportunity to upload supporting documents to support their applications."
"In order to change your status, please log in to Ontario Colleges website and modify your immigration status to” VISA”. now how do i do that?

now they said they might need to processes me for winter 2018 ( how do i convinced them for the 2017 fall as the course is still open and according to their website they will start rolling out letters for SOME applicant by May 1st for Sept 2017 intake

3. i had to mail Algonquin college that am an international applicant, when they are asking me to prove my status in Canada.

4. George Brown College is yet to respond to my email after they told me one of the course i choose is filled up. and i told them am ok with the second one.

I have attached all my document and send it to and send to fanshawe and Algonquin.

pls someone should help me out to make this process work out.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2017
Please medical students in the house...

I have a friend who studied anatomy and wants to to further but she doesn't want to study medicine and surgery (yet at least).

She is putting in for public health...Please is there any program consistency in this??

Or what other Masters program can one suggest for an anatomy graduate. Apart from human anatomy and cell biology of course. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 10:56am On May 03, 2017
flow2davis:
I arrived very early in the morning, the kept me till about 9am, called the school to confirm my admission and payment of acceptance fee.. then wished me luck. Wow, that is good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 11:15am On May 03, 2017
ManTiger:
Applied almost 24hrs ago, app number updated and submission confirmation BUT no biometric letter!

Anyone in this boat?

Made payment yesterday and I got the biometric letter. Check your messages on your CIC account it usually comes with confirmation.

Will be traveling to Lagos for biometrics next week.

Pls the biometrics affects the start of the processing right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebubedrums001(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2017
oluwaCanny:
Quote below is from the TRV doc and will be useful now as we are in the TRV peak season...!!

Thanks for d free consultation Doc grin shocked

Pls, can I use my sponsor's pension account statement as proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 11:25am On May 03, 2017
flow2davis:
Morning All,

So what do I do?

Was it today you arrived?
You can remain there since you have TRV but u can't work. The condition for work is that you must be enrolled in a DLI.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 11:26am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=tayonani post=56163414][/quote]
This morning?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Graceee: 11:28am On May 03, 2017
ManTiger:

Anyone in this boat?

Please My brother can one still pay for online visa application with diamond debit visa card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:58am On May 03, 2017
Hey guys! sorry I have not replied earlier to POE experience and all I have been busy. Trying to settle down.

1. In the POE, none of my bags were searched, no question was asked. I submitted my offer letter and passport and I got my study and work permit.

2. In Canada here, you need to have confidence to be successful, I had to challenge my landlord here for him to sit up. He wanted to be funny because I am new.

3.You can change your program route; I have successfully changed here to research wink those profs that don't respond to emails do that because you are still in Nigeria.

4. Confidence!! Confidence!!! don't be shy to air your opinions, talk to strangers, crack polite decent jokes with strangers etc. I was cracking jokes with my supervisor and he was laughing!!!

5. Research here is no joke my first meeting with my supervisor; I was loaded but I think he did that deliberately to test me.

6. This place is too cold like really cold and they say this is summer; I wonder how the Winter will look like.

7. Just believe in yourself, you will survive. Don't worry about the money on you. You can get a job and hussle hard. I will be registering just one course this summer so I can hussle grin

Cheers Everyone. If you have concerns just quote my moniker, I may take some time to respond but I'll try.

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.