Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (892698 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emelueobi(f): 1:52pm On May 10, 2017
Congrats on your TRV approval, please can you help me review my sop. I have sent you a mail, thanks

Submitted online Apri 28 , 2017 , PhD University of Saskatchewan
No medical
No interview
Biometrics May 04, 2017,
Passport request May 05, 2017
Passport received May 10, 2017
Approved May 10, 2017

Thanks to everyone
I applied from Poland.

I almost gave up about studying in Canada because I had stories about challenges applying outside Nigeria but someone in this forum encouraged me, even when I find it difficult to provide a good SOA. All I provided was my retired dad's statement with just 500k. Though the PhD is funded but just approximately 17CAD per year.
To those still awaiting approval never give up, I would also help with prayers am also available to help review SOP, this would reduce the burden placed on the gurus in the thread.
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:53pm On May 10, 2017
larrymoore1:
Good day peeps.

I'm new here. I have some little problem. I was given an offer in diploma(Environmental technology) at NBCC. I already hold a B.Sc degree. I was told that I can't get a study permit because of the program NBCC offered to me is lower than my already attained B.Sc. degree.

Please, What do I do in this circumstances
I am to resume september.

Gurus in the house should please help me out. Thank you
Who ever told you that did well for you. Go for a higher program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:00pm On May 10, 2017
sleekysoft:
Hello To everyone in this group and goodu Morning
Please I have never been as confused as this before and inneed your input. I have a bachelor of Agric degree finishing with overall cgpa of 3:0 and last 2 years 3.8. I appied for masters in MUN after securing a supervisor. Only school I applied to as the others I got no response. After waiting for 4-5months I got decision made and was told my application was refused. I spoke to my supervisor over the phone and he told me he is interested in my profile and he hasn't made a choice yet as the issues faced with getting visa from nigeria as he has a student from Nigeria who took 1year to get visa that is why he hasn't made a choice on me(2days before I got decision made he was asking me how long it takes to get visa and study permit via email). As of the time I got decision made and I spoke to my supervisor he said he hasn't made a final desicion.
Now the question is how come MUn gave admission refusal when my Supervisor told me over the phone he hasn't finalized on my profile, as he will keep in touch with me. What do I do now ?
Please this thing dey burst my kidney, cos searching for supervisor is like sourcing for Dollar when he scarce
Thank you as I await you inputs bosses
Most times the graduate admission office are responsible in issuing out admission or not after recommendation from the academic department in which the applicant applied. So get intouch again with your supervisor and inform him/her that a decision has been made on your application and ask how he/she can come it. If it's likely, your admission MAY be revised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:05pm On May 10, 2017
benatokwu:
Hello house...I got denied last year December.somebody in Canada is trying to help me request for gcms. please does he need my file number to apply? although that was my first attempt.If yes please how can I access my refusal letter? the person that assisted me in checking for my refusal letter then said he is no longer conversant with it cause its bn long nw please who can help me with a link or any means I can use to check for my refusal letter again so I can access my file number....tnx
You will need your application number to apply for the GCMS file. Your refusal letter would have been sent to you when your application was refused. Either on your MYCIC account dashboard or included alongside your returned passport if you applied through paper route. So check either of those.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:14pm On May 10, 2017
judebebo32:
Thanks to everyone in the house, this forum was really helpful.

No medical
No interview
Biometrics May 04, 2017,
Approved May 10, 2017

Thanks to everyone
I applied from Poland.

I almost gave up about studying in Canada because I had stories about challenges applying outside Nigeria but someone in this forum encouraged me, even when I find it difficult to provide a good SOA. All I provided was my retired dad's statement with just 500k. Though the PhD is funded but just approximately 17CAD per year.
To those still awaiting approval never give up, I would also help with prayers am also available to help review SOP, this would reduce the burden placed on the gurus in the thread.

Nice one baba. see you in Sask. PHd in what course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:19pm On May 10, 2017
Omobahassy:
I read your post @Austinepee4 about funds for Trv and I want to ask what if I open a dollar visa account and get a dollar card and put my funds in it at least that way I can make the VO realise that the funds in which I need for study there will get to Canada..Will that make sense
To a large extent, Yes! . With the recent development from the embassy, the issue is really not in the available funds(naira or dollar).Where the wahala lies is that these funds can be sent to canada without any regulation or restrictions especially with the new forex policy.

So in addition to the dollars available, your bank should be able to assure officers that
1.Your tuition can be paid and you can withdraw in cash the equivalent of 10,000CAD for your living expenses or that indeed, the dollars will be exported to you in canada without any issue or limiting regulations whatsoever.

Like one moniker pointed out, If there is way to transfer your tuition and living expense to your student account in canada, it will clear all doubts about availability of funds for your study for the first year. If you can't, you have to do the extra to convince them.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2017
judebebo32:

No medical
No interview
Biometrics May 04, 2017,
Approved May 10, 2017

Thanks to everyone
I applied from Poland.

Congrats Dr in waiting..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:38pm On May 10, 2017
Omobahassy:
Thanks a lot I think I will get the Visa gold card and maybe keep doing research to see if there is a way I could open a Canada account here..Thanks

you cant open a Canadian account here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:39pm On May 10, 2017
@emeify...I sight you. Hope to see you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 3:05pm On May 10, 2017
please which university is accepting 2.2 that I can help my brother to apply to. he want to study elect elect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by petlaz: 3:17pm On May 10, 2017
judebebo32:

No medical
No interview
Biometrics May 04, 2017,
Approved May 10, 2017

Thanks to everyone
I applied from Poland.

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kayvine4u: 3:38pm On May 10, 2017
Ok, thanks. I didnt see anywhere indicated on the website that it was a part time program. My 150 CAD application fee don waste be dat. cry embarassed embarassed
Austinpee4:

Apply for a full time program. You will not get a study visa as an international student applying for a part time program from outside canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2017
judebebo32:

Approved May 10, 2017
Thanks to everyone I applied from Poland.
Congratulations bro, have a good time in Canny.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 3:42pm On May 10, 2017
Pls, I need an answer on this? I actually didn't include my application history to USA in 2016.

I got this message from Canada today

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2016.

Pls, what can I do to it? I was asked to reply B4 15 days....

Urgent answer needed please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 10, 2017
Uncle sorry o, but what kind of urgent answer do you require here na?
The question is, why did you not admit that you were refused visa? Me I had to sit
down and crack my brain to check i I had been refused USA visa before even though I have
never applied for USA visa... its that serious grin

Anyway, write them a very solemn mail and tell them you forgot and give them the details.
When did you apply?

My humble advise.
horluwahseye:
Pls, I need an answer on this? I actually didn't include this?

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2016.

Pls, what can I do to it? I was asked to reply B4 15 days....

Urgent answer needed please

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Innogee: 4:07pm On May 10, 2017
Good day Gurus, Pls I need your assistance. I applied for student visa on 10th Feb, 2017 and I got a refusal today.
I studied Elect \ Elect in HND 2005 with good working experience in Telecoms for 12yrs now. I applied to conestoga college to study wireless network infrastructure which is closely related to my course of study and my experience. Although, I have travelled to Ghana in 2009 but I dint include it in my application. Please, I need urgent advise on what next to do as a friend is advising me to try PR.

Reason for refusal : I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada after your study so visa refused on the basis of
1. Travel History
2. Purpose of visit
3. Personal asset and financial status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Innogee: 4:09pm On May 10, 2017
Good day Gurus, Pls I need your assistance. I applied for student visa on 10th Feb, 2017 and I got a refusal today.
I studied Elect \ Elect in HND 2005 with good working experience in Telecoms for 12yrs now. I applied to conestoga college for my PGD to study wireless network infrastructure which is closely related to my course of study and my experience. Although, I have travelled to Ghana in 2009 but I dint include it in my application. Please, I need urgent advise on what next to do as a friend is advising me to try PR.

Reason for refusal : I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada after your study so visa refused on the basis of
1. Travel History
2. Purpose of visit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 4:20pm On May 10, 2017
CanadianNurse:
anyone is okay! The vo cannot refuse you based on address! At least I've not seen a gcms that state refused based on wrong address.... Make use of anyone but be sure to be consistent... If you have started using Anifowoshe use it till the end on all
Kk thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 4:21pm On May 10, 2017
Innogee:
I studied Elect \ Elect in HND 2005 with good working experience in Telecoms for 12yrs now. I applied to conestoga college for my PGD to study wireless network infrastructure which is closely related to my course of study and my experience. Although, I have travelled to Ghana in 2009 but I dint include it in my application. Please, I need urgent advise on what next to do as a friend is advising me to try PR.

1. Travel History
2. Purpose of visit

I am so sorry about that bro!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 4:23pm On May 10, 2017
emeify:
Uncle sorry o, but what kind of urgent answer do you require here na?
The question is, why did you not admit that you were refused visa? Me I had to sit
down and crack my brain to check i I had been refused USA visa before even though I have
never applied for USA visa... its that serious grin

Anyway, write them a very solemn mail and tell them you forgot and give them the details.
When did you apply?

My humble advise.

Hey bro, can yu pls give me a write up of how it gonna be, pls bro..... The application was done by a agent who was ignorant of my former application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 4:45pm On May 10, 2017
Innogee:

1. Travel History
2. Purpose of visit
Sorry for d delay, I'll solely advice u to give EE a shot, all u need is just to have a good score in ur IETLS, u gat all it takes bro. All d best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sharles: 5:03pm On May 10, 2017
Innogee:
I studied Elect \ Elect in HND 2005 with good working experience in Telecoms for 12yrs now. I applied to conestoga college to study wireless network infrastructure which is closely related to my course of study and my experience. Although, I have travelled to Ghana in 2009 but I dint include it in my application. Please, I need urgent advise on what next to do as a friend is advising me to try PR.

1. Travel History
2. Purpose of visit

How much was in your statement of Acc and how much was your sch fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 5:59pm On May 10, 2017
I don't mean to scare anyone off applying for a TRV if they fit the categories I described. My point is just that getting a TRV for these categories should not be considered a slam dunk. A thoughtful, coherent, convincing, and well-prepared SOP and an application that is complementary to your educational and employment trajectory can overcome these barriers. But then you have to be honest with yourself as to if you truly can paint a logical and convincing picture to the VO; this applies to every candidate although the barrier is higher for some than others.

For example:
1. Can you justify to the VO precisely how a PGD in global business management would improve your skill-set and career trajectory (given your previous educational history and work experience)?
2. Can you explain precisely what it is about the global business management PGD program that you wouldn't be able to learn in Nigeria? This is extraordinarily important. (but don't mock Nigeria in your SOP while making this point; it will backfire if you do)
3. Can you explain precisely what plans you have on using the new skills from the PGD program in Nigeria? etc. (using specific business-related examples... provide some evidence and possibly references to show that you've done some research into the opportunities)
4. Do you have a justification for why you are going for a PGD and not as masters in management or an MBA? (saying that your grades in undergrad were bad might not be the best way to win over the VO. Think of some of the differences between a PGD and a masters, and identify how those differences may benefit you.)

There are no hard and fast rules for TRVs; VOs view each application on its own merit. This January, someone I helped (family friend) was approved for a TRV for an advanced diploma course even though he already had a BSc. One of the reasons why this application was successful was because we went above and beyond to convince the VO about his purpose of visit (in light of his previous BSc and work experience), keeping in mind that the probability of refusal was high. You can read about it here, here, here, and here.

Also, you may be able to get an MBA admission, but you'll need to do the legwork of contacting the different schools and making a case for yourself (possibly before you even apply).

tommee:

@thesoj

The bolded in your post above scares me because you are talking from the professional side of view and i might fall in that category. i study banking and finance in my UG and i have worked in a bank as a marketer and currently working with a telecoms comp in their finance dept for my career progression all i can apply for is pgd global business management considering my 2:2 grade and i already applied and expecting admission from 2 colleges i really need gurus to shed more light to my chances of getting a TRV
@austinepee4 and gurus please assist and advice if theres any other course i can apply for and which goes in line with my UG and work experience

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chigrad: 6:03pm On May 10, 2017
Good day everyone. Is it advisable to apply immediately after one has been denied visa? Secondly, how long does it take to process and receive GCMS file. Thanks for your kind response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:05pm On May 10, 2017
wealth360:

you cant open a Canadian account here in Nigeria.
Actually it's possible to open an international student account with the royal bank of Canada.... Just got to know yesterday sef.... You fill forms online and submit your email they get back to you and ask you for documents to submit through email.

The account will be blocked and can only be debited until u get to Canada, go to the bank and present them your study permit, passport and letter of acceptance to unblock the account for full usage

I stand to be corrected though.. Just read it from their site

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:17pm On May 10, 2017
chigrad:
Good day everyone. Is it advisable to apply immediately after one has been denied visa? Secondly, how long does it take to process and receive GCMS file. Thanks for your kind response.
You can apply immediately and it takes just 30days after requesting for the file to get it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (505)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.