Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,665 members, 7,840,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (889388 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 6:53pm On May 12, 2017
I suggest you consider emailing the school(s) directly. They will provide better responses than we can.
Moley22:
Hello Guys...Anyone knows about Brandon University or Concordia University for UNDERGRADUATE programme for JANUARY session?...I fear there might be a delay in the admission process of these schools which might disrupt the visa processing time here in Nigeria....I'm waaay to paranoid but i need answers...Do i go ahead and apply for any of these...I have high BP i mit faint after spending money in this economy cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 6:56pm On May 12, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
7.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
8. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May
9. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
10. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
11. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
12. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Medical and Evidence of fee payment request on 04/05/2017.
20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05
26. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
27. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
28. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
29. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
30. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
31. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route
32. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
33. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
33. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
34. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route
35. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 6:56pm On May 12, 2017
Was the info the agent gave you by word of mouth? Or did s/he show you the official notification from CIC?
Most of us on here are skeptical about agents, for various reasons. Many applicants have come to this forum to tell that they've been banned by CIC because they allowed their agent to omit (or fill in false) information on their behalf.

My suggestion: ask the agent for the letter from CIC. All the required info is on there.
AYOT12:
Good PM house
pls I need a clarification on something O
I am processing my Canada stuff via an agent.
I did biometrics on 24/01//2017
He informed me not too long that my application has been approved for medical but I v to get a bank draft of 10,000 Canadian dollar in my name and school's name for them to know that I have living expenses for my first year in Canada.
Pls can somebody explain wat dis clause/criteria means
And when do I need to fulfil dis criteria bfre or after medicals.
Pls I need urgent response ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 6:57pm On May 12, 2017
Good evening boss,
In terms of research, what you should expect is simple: You will need to work hard and smart.
Although I will resume in Canada this september, all thanks to God, but I will be sharing my experience based on my masters study in China.

It is a research masters and it is 3 years. One year for course work and two years for research.
My department requires a paper to be published in an SCI indexed journal before you even apply for thesis defence...
At first, we thought it will be easy but as the month went by, oh boy, matter come tie wrapper. Submitted my paper and they keep rejecting it. Thank God for wisdom, after every rejection I modify the research based on the reviewers' comments until finally God did it, I got published.

Your supervisor play a key role, he is your mentor while your lab mates are like your comrades. Everyone in your lab contribute one way or the other to your research.

Expect to work weekends. That is a given.

You will definitely get some time to have fun, dinners and dates but for every fun, you will have to work times two to make up for lost time.

I expect it to be more than this during the phd.

Will it be stressful? Yes.

Will you enjoy it? Yes

But you have got to stay focus and productive.

That is my experience so far...

Ayoola03:

@maziude please can you kindly tell us what to expect,how to cope considering the difference in teaching and learning methods in naija nd canny lastly what is the best way to start getting prepared for research masters in canada. Any current research master student's reply will be highly appreciated please advice!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smartlawyer: 7:00pm On May 12, 2017
Eraytee:

With your profile above, you nailed it. Just submit your prayers too, TRV is on the way....

Many thanks @Eraytee. With all the things I have read on this thread, I have no doubt prayer is key - So, I prayed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 7:05pm On May 12, 2017
Some of the major differences between teaching/research in Naija and Canada (well I schooled in the US but c'est la meme chose) are:

1. The emphasis will be on your ability to think independently & creatively, not on your ability to memorize and regurgitate
2. You will be expected to be able to clearly describe your nuanced & complex ideas verbally and in writing
3. You will be free (and even encouraged) to ask many questions from and even challenge your research supervisor and professors (unlike Naija)
4. Your research supervisor will expect you to eventually know more than him/her in your area of research
5. You will be expected to take initiative, not always waiting for the advisor to tell you what to do
6. You will be expected to be able to read and digest journal papers quickly (don't worry this is a learned skill, you'll get better at it over time)

The items above may sound intimidating, but don't worry you'll get better over time as long as you are focused and committed and are the curious unrelenting type. Be free to ask questions of your peers who are better at some things than you. Don't be intimidated by other international or Canadian students who may initially appear better than you. With strategic hard work, you can catch up fast and be competitive with (or even way better than) them. I say this from experience and observation.

Ayoola03:
@maziude please can you kindly tell us what to expect,how to cope considering the difference in teaching and learning methods in naija nd canny lastly what is the best way to start getting prepared for research masters in canada. Any current research master student's reply will be highly appreciated please advice!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 7:05pm On May 12, 2017
samjumbo:

Please can I get your agent number or company name. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
I'll not say you should not use an agent but just be very careful, don't be carried away by the medical request gotten by that moniker Bcox he/she used an agent. I believe you have read people's experience with this agents. A word they say is enough for the wise.
*justPassingby*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:15pm On May 12, 2017
I understand boss... I am not using agent. Just want to know if he fell to wrong hands! I rather get refused, repackage den reapply based on comments of refusal Dan use an agent that will package fire and brimstone that will hunt me 5years later. Thanks though!!
Eraytee:

I'll not say you should not use an agent but just be very careful, don't be carried away by the medical request gotten by that moniker Bcox he/she used an agent. I believe you have read people's experience with this agents. A word they say is enough for the wise.
*justPassingby*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 7:24pm On May 12, 2017
Sugaro:
Pls am a little confused.
My offer letter didn't come with the tuition fee clearly stated, but a breakdown of the tuition into 9 semesters the program duration (which is 546cad per semester) .

Pls do I calculate the tuition for the first year or the total of 9 semesters and fill d form in the part stating funds available/tuition?
N/B I have a sponsor
Pls treat as urgent
Thank you
Pls help! I need clarification

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 7:42pm On May 12, 2017
Sugaro:
Pls am a little confused.
My offer letter didn't come with the tuition fee clearly stated, but a breakdown of the tuition into 9 semesters the program duration (which is 546cad per semester) .

Pls do I calculate the tuition for the first year or the total of 9 semesters and fill d form in the part stating funds available/tuition?
N/B I have a sponsor
Pls treat as urgent
Thank you

what is the name of the school and what programme are you going for?? The fees looks incredibly cheap if what you are quoting is correct.

If so, then i will advice you to write the total fees for the 9 semesters which will be 4914 for tuition. The funds available should be at least the sum of the tuition, room and board and other.

Goodluck smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2017
Please help me out, I've got a couple of questions:
1. What should a minor include in his statement of purpose? Or what should the statement of purpose of a minor, who only recently graduated high school look like?
2. Are minors required to provide a police record?
3. Are Visa application processing time of minors accelerated?
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 7:57pm On May 12, 2017
VeecThorr:
Please help me out, I've got a couple of questions:
1. What should a minor include in his statement of purpose? Or what should the statement of purpose of a minor, who only recently graduated high school look like?
2. Are minors required to provide a police record?
3. Are Visa application processing time of minors accelerated?
Thanks!

1. There is nothing like a separate statement of purpose for a minor. You can get a sample of a SoP on google to be used as a guide. Also, note that SoP is not a must.
2. No if you are below 18 years old
3. No special treatment for minors regarding processing times grin grin (this one got me laughing shocked grin grin)

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2017
oluwaCanny:

1. There is nothing like a separate statement of purpose for a minor. You can get a sample of a SoP on google to be used as a guide. Also, note that SoP is not a must.
2. No if you are below 18 years old
3. No special treatment for minors regarding processing times grin grin (this one got me laughing shocked grin grin)

All the best
1. I will.
2. Okay.
3. Well, you can't blame me for asking. Who doesn't like special treatment? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 8:23pm On May 12, 2017
Hello Guys...

An agent told me I need a Self Introduction Letter as well as SOP on my list. Is it crucial to include a Self Introduction Letter? If YES, what is it all about.

2ndly, the paper route and the online route, which is better and faster?

3rdly, if there's no payment of school fees, but the SOA shows sufficient funds, would it reduce the possibility rate of getting a study permit?

A prompt response is anticipated.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by EJIZY: 8:45pm On May 12, 2017
Hi people, I just stumbled on this thread,please I would like to get some clarification. I got admited for an MBA at the university of New Brunswick....pls Hw can I begin my application because am already scared that am behind time. School resumes in September.
Your swift assistance will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 8:52pm On May 12, 2017
EJIZY:
Hi people, I just stumbled on this thread,please I would like to get some clarification. I got admited for an MBA at the university of New Brunswick....pls Hw can I begin my application because am already scared that am behind time. School resumes in September.
Your swift assistance will be highly appreciated.
just get your documents ready and.....apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 8:56pm On May 12, 2017
[b][/b]Please Guys, I still anticipate your response.

Thank you.

Emmane:
Hello Guys...

An agent told me I need a Self Introduction Letter as well as SOP on my list. Is it crucial to include a Self Introduction Letter? If YES, what is it all about.

2ndly, the paper route and the online route, which is better and faster?

3rdly, if there's no payment of school fees, but the SOA shows sufficient funds, would it reduce the possibility rate of getting a study permit?

A prompt response is anticipated.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 8:59pm On May 12, 2017
Just now.... 12/05/2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 9:01pm On May 12, 2017
Emmane:
Just now.... 12/05/2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by timoddy(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2017
Hello gurus in the house...I am a fresh graduate of economics with a cgpa 3.686/5.0 planning to apply for international business management at Algonquin college. Heard pgd in this course will not fly for a PRV..please I need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tommee: 9:10pm On May 12, 2017
Folumade1:

i am Folumade1

a silent follower of this thread, applied via the online route in January was delayed in March

reason: purpose of visits and family ties{ i personally think Paper route is the best as it gives the VO who i assume will be busy going through more than a 1000 application ample opportunity to view your applications on a first hand basis} this is more important as i learnt that even the docs submitted online will have to be printed out to be reviewed so shy not just take it to VFS and endure the shit those ones too will show you from the security who sells special numbers to the VFS officials wey go bone as if una they fight.

Moreoso, i applied for a PGC programme as i have a 2.2 B.sc and i was told MBA was impossible for a 2.2. so there was this arguments that PGC are usually delayed this might actually be true o guys. Coz i ensured i crossed all my T's and dot my I's so Family ties for where when my kids-wife-siblings birth certificates where scanned alongside.

Of course i personally have a friend who is in Canada now and has a PR that was granted 4 years ago on a PGC admission. but i guess the world keeps changing and the odds have changed.

oh, of course i am not discouraged neither are my desperate these are two factors or things i would like us all to be wary of i understand Nigeria is hard for some (my case is different though with all sense of humility) but let's just keep calm me i think VO's are humans and some of them have once in a while bias and skoin skoin, my prayer is ours meet someone with the right frame of mind.

of course earlier when i applied online i already passed Medicals as i did upfront so what i just did now was attach the so that they are BIASED as far as PGC is concerned i think so, yet i am not discouraged and neither do i want anyone to be .

Peeps i have re-applied and i am positive i will be given ( LIFE AND DEATH in the tongue) so to all TRV hopefuls be calm, ensure your SOP is well detailed and in sections with clear headings and above all say it in God's hearing Once and go back to your normal life believing that God's will for us is better than what we could imagine. Believe me i have been there i was always checking my online account every day concerned etc.

Oh i have a wonderful school Humber institute of Technology whom i explained to when my visa was still in process and i explained to them i will like to defer to September, 2017 and they assisted immediately with a new admission letter.

So having said that Guys keep hope alive and please avoid desperation

Best wishes as we both await our TRV which hopefully will be very speedy

@Folumade1,

Really like your spirit of re-applying immediately it will surely end in praise in IJN, i have applied to the same school and the same course you applied for and reading through your posts and other gurus in the house i can deduce that a very strong SOP will go all the way especially when applying for a PGD program. However i would really wanna beg for your assistance in reviewing my SOP when it is written or better still if you can assist with the sample or highlights of yours, i will also like to find out how long did it take you to secure your first admission and did they request for official transcript to be sent directly from your Uni? i tried sending you a personal message but i don't no if it eventually went through. i will be really grateful and glad if you can assist me the SOP issue olumtaiwo@ gmail.com your approval news is coming soonest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 9:16pm On May 12, 2017
Good evening house,

Please any Niagara college here either in Nigeria or already Canada.

How is the school? small info will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samakinfol: 9:27pm On May 12, 2017
hello guys, i just stumbled on this thread, i graduated with a third class(2.2/5) i know the issue must have been discussed here, im looking to apply for a PGD in Canada, any advice on schools and how things are done, i searched a couple of schools but to no avail..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:36pm On May 12, 2017
yemdogg:

The problem is largely due to the fact that the VO doesn't see him as a genuine student. Haba you just joined your friend in business and you even went as far as providing evidence of the existence of the business and all of all sudden, you drifted away from the business and decided to pursue a Master’s degree. I might be inclined to align my thoughts on this with that of the VO. Your business according to you is a growing concern, ordinarily, an average man would at this point when his business is gathering momentum be inclined to focus more on his business rather than pursuing an academic exercise. If you're doing otherwise, then something is fishy, and the VO might have been confused as to your agenda in Canada. What is even more is that you could have pursued the program in Nigeria where you could easily monitor your business growth. In short your agenda is unclear to the VO and from my little experience about Canadian Study permit, these VOS loves clarity and anything slightly unclear to them will most likely be resolved against the applicant.

Now below are what the VO must have thought about you:

He didn't believe that your business is a growing concern as you've painted it to be, otherwise, why would you want to pursue an academic exercise at this point when your business is gathering momentum? Am sure you must have stated in your application form that your current activity is business, flowing from this, anything you do should have been business inclined. Infact, in this regard or context, a pgc or diploma in business would have been more sellable than a M.eng. At least it's quite related to your current activity. The funny thing is that you must have overwhelmingly talked about your business in an attempt to use it as hometie not being conscious of the lack of relationship it has with your proposed program.

My advise, if you intend to scale through, omit the business in your next application. At best, you can just mention your position in the firm or company perhaps as an engineering consultant. But the moment you state that you're a partner in the business, then a VO may find it hard to comprehend the relevance of your M.eng degree to your career in Business. As far as the VO is concerned now, you're a confused person who doesn't know what he wants ultimately. When it comes to study permit, you must choose a career path and stick by it no matter what. You have the duty to be consistent throughout your application.

@Austipee4, I read your recommendation and that of @MichV, They're quite compelling, I sincerely hope @willyboss takes the hint.

Pls take this hint.

CC @willyboss
My fear/concern is; will the VO not review my previous application and notice I filled in business before and that I was a partner in the business?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:53pm On May 12, 2017
willyboss:
My fear/concern is; will the VO not review my previous application and notice I filled in business before and that I was a partner in the business?

Now, you are going to tailor your sop and profile towards your professional (Engineering) contribution to the firm. Make it look like, your partner handles the business why you handle the technical stuffs in the company. Ensure to paint the company as an organisation that deals in products particularly from the Oil and Gas sector and probably render some engineering services. Let the VO know that it is your proficiency as an engineer that you bring to the table, while your partner handles the business. Your sop should address this part.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:01pm On May 12, 2017
MrSmith9513:
How are you tackling this, can we reason together on this. Pls send me a mail at olumide9513@gmail.com

I can feel commotions of trv come June/July. I will be glad to know that this mail covers for delay based insufficient funds. I have noticed no one has been denied based on only insufficient fund of late. To me, its goodnews.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cheapphones: 11:44pm On May 12, 2017
CanadianNurse:
haven't you thought about people that go there and runaway... The Don't go to the school they applied for... They enter Street and start committing fraud and other crimes to survive in the name of hustle? That is what they are trying to curb! They want to make sure you are a genuine student
Seeing that going thru ee isn't a guarantee for job, I think someone going tru ee is even more likely to go and enter street and commit fraud, and all that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 12:03am On May 13, 2017
cheapphones:

Seeing that going thru ee isn't a guarantee for job, I think someone going tru ee is even more likely to go and enter street and commit fraud, and all that.
that's why you don't just get ee... You must someone with a reasonable working experience, in most cases married and also have some cash is very unlikely to run away..... These people know their jobs more than us..... Thats the main reason why they don't run visa lottery
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:08am On May 13, 2017
Smartlawyer:
.........Perhaps Osemigho can now add me to the list of TRV Hopefuls.

Bachelor of Laws - Ogun State University (2008)
Barrister at Law – Abuja Law School (2009-2010)
Served (NYSC) and worked with the law firm of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (2010 – 2012)
Master of Laws – University College London (2013).

1. Is immigration your ultimate goal?

2. If yes, do you know your current profile qualify very well for immigration and you don't have to wait till after PhD?

3. If yes, have you started the EE application?

If yes, congrats in advance.

If yes to question 1 but not 2, pls be aware that your profile qualify for something called Express Entry and you may have your PR ealier than you ever imagine. Join below thread and read from page 0. If you still have your passport, book IELTS GT and prepare hard for it.
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/440

The Express Entry is more direct and easy than study route. However, if you jump into it without learning the basics, be aware that they can reject it's application, and there is 5 years ban for fake documents too.

If anyone, I mean anyone, in this house have a master or law degree or HND, and at least one year experience in an organization that can give you reference letter, join the Express Entry route and nairaland group(please read from page 0). It is easier, legit, and faster for your PR dream.

To those that quote and reply long text without deleting part of it, please change. To delete part of a quoted message, go into the message and delete some of it without deleting the command part- something written in brackets that include the word "quote". Please, always edit and delete, especially the one you are not replying to

Goodbye house. I am going for three weeks break. I believe someone is handling the Visa list very well.

It shall end with praises. cool

Regards,

Osemigho

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.