Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878813 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cheapphones: 1:30pm On May 14, 2017
CanadianNurse:
that's why you don't just get ee... You must someone with a reasonable working experience, in most cases married and also have some cash is very unlikely to run away..... These people know their jobs more than us..... Thats the main reason why they don't run visa lottery
I don't wish to drag this further but lemme say:
I know all that but it's still no guarantee that he'll do legit stuff wen he gets there, cos anyone with all those qualifications can still do illegitimate stuff if there's no good job, after all the money you go with will finish one day, except it's that easy easy (or almost automatic) to get a good job when you enter with express entry as ppl make it appear.
We can't query their decisions but I was just saying someone that finished msc shouldn't be seen as such a burden if they take ppl with few years experience with open arms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 1:51pm On May 14, 2017
taiwo92:
good morning guys I just finish applying for PGD at university of Saskatchewan for winter 2018 but have not pay. pls is not stated where I will send my transcript to. kindly assist me brother and sis

Relax, after you've paid your application fee.
Wait for 2-5 working days, you'll receive a mail where
You'll be assigned an NSID number and password, which you may change if you want.

You will use that to login to PAWS, then from there you'll upload your all your supporting documents, which includes your unofficial transcript.

If you're admitted and given a conditional/provisional admission , you'll be required to send an official transcript directly to the admissions unit or graduate office to get your Admission letter. The address is on your application.

Make sure the are all in the appropriate format (jpg, pdf.... as specified by the admission unit)

Don't send me a Pm. Ask any other questions here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jummolami: 2:01pm On May 14, 2017
Good day everyone. I just got an offer from Wilfred Laurie university. I want to start my online application for study permit.
I just want to clarify what" medical upfront" means.
I got offer for master Business Economics. I have first class in Economics(2011).

Thank you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 2:37pm On May 14, 2017
@Mcowubaba thank you very much. but what I want to know is after paying I want to know the required document that they will ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by HarveySpecter1: 2:54pm On May 14, 2017
SamReinvented:

Sighs....thank God that you exist! Apparently, people here believe, everyone on a visa thread automatically wants to "escape Nigeria". I've seen someone here accuse another person of lying, just because the user said, he is only interested in the Canadian education.

I know Nigerians generally have bandwagon mentality, but there's really a lot more you can achieve with a good Canadian MSC/PhD, than just living permanently in Canada. There are multinational companies in Nigeria, Canada and across the world that can give you the expatriate living, especially if you are armed with essential skills, along with your international education. Also, if you have the essential skills, you can easily own a conglomerate in Nigeria. The competition doesn't even exist, as we have very few large local companies. Opportunities abound for success in Nigeria. All you need do is, create a business to fix one of the numerous problems that we have. Only that, the professional skills have to be there for you to achieve anything. It's not a coincidence that Nigeria is currently experiencing influx of highly qualified returnees in virtually every sector. Kene Mparu of Film house cinemas resigned as executive director of Odeon cinemas (the largest cinema chain in uk and probably europe) to start out his own cinema chain in Nigeria. Mo Abudu graduated from top schools abroad, but now she's raking in box office figures of her films, and owns one of the biggest TV stations in Africa. SKILL. Nollywood, oil, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, etc are all being bombarded by foreign educated people, and all people on nairaland want is a Canadian PR? People even cancelling their admissions after PR, because they are more attracted to "hustling".... Nawa.

When in the Next ten years, Forbes list is dominated by returnees and IJGBs, Nigerians will come and be complaining about some inexistent imperialism and partiality.

After my visit to Canada this year and I get a good feel of the country, it is possible that I will get my MBA there. But it is majorly because I want the qualification, the education, and most importantly, to boost my competitiveness in the company I work at the moment. Yea, living in Canada is cool and all, but I'm more interested in eventually heading the worldwide operations of the company I work now. My next promotion will have me transferred out of the country anyway.

Canadian PR is very good too, and i'm not even against trying to get one (if you're genuinely qualified), if you really fancy living in Canada or even just for the sake of it. It is also an important decision, if you want to get jobs in Canadian companies operating in areas of your interest, so you can build your professional skills. Canadian PR is not bad at all, but I just want to clarify that, living in canada all the rest of your life is not the only vision to a "better life". And seriously, if you find it hard to compete against the overwhelmingly half baked people all over Nigeria, I doubt you'll find it easier living in Canada or any other developed country; largely filled with highly qualified people, and there's stiff competition everywhere. Well, except you want to go to Canada just for the spectacle. You know, to count the speed trains and assess the beautiful boulevards, and hitech buildings cheesy.

No one should get me wrong this time, cos I still won't give replies to expantiate or explain my points. A word is enough, they say.

Who told you that everyone that wants to go to Canada is doing so for the sake of "hustling"? Fallacy of hasty and ignorant generalisation. It's fine that you want to come back to develop your country. That is what you want to do, allow other forum members do what they want to do without making them feel like they are doing something wrong. Lots of people will rather live in a country like Canada with clean air, peaceful environment, constant power supply, sane political system to the reasons you pointed out for wanting to return to Nigeria. I know lots of people here who have gotten well paying jobs in Canada. Live and let live. Don't choke us with your own ideas.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 3:15pm On May 14, 2017
taiwo92:
@Mcowubaba thank you very much. but what I want to know is after paying I want to know the required document that they will ask.
Go to the required documents information..
It should be on the Department website.

Normally, it's just your credentials.
Degree Result, Transcript, Statement of Purpose, Undertaking, Curriculum Vitae.. Etc.

Listen carefully, once you have been assigned an NSID number and password, when you login to the PAWS portal...
You will see the fields for all the required Documentation.
With names......
CV........ Click to upload
Degree certificate..... Click to upload

The are lined up, slot by slot...
Or you go on the bottom right of Paws (you'll see a link upload documents now)

Baba Relax ooooo, go nd pay your application fee first.

Most times, any information/documents you failed to submit will still be Notified to you my the admission unit.
The may send you a mail, or if you login to your admission self service center, You'll see things like "incomplete status" "required documents needed" "incomplete application" etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 3:25pm On May 14, 2017
jummolami:
Good day everyone. I just got an offer from Wilfred Laurie university. I want to start my online application for study permit.
I just want to clarify what" medical upfront" means.
I got offer for master Business Economics. I have first class in Economics(2011).

Thank you all.
Congrats on your admission

Upfront Medicals simply means doing your Medicals before you are asked to submit it.

While the 2nd option is to wait for a mail from the Canadian Embassy, requesting you to submit a medical report.

Disadvantage of Upfront medicals is that, if you're denied Visa, your money is gone.

Most times, when Canada Embassy sends you a mail to submit your medicals, it's most likely that the are positively considering your Application.

Also note, there are APPROVED hospitals/clinics for this.
Below are a few, some are cheaper than the others

City: Abuja
Name: Bolanle Olusola Ariyo
Address: Abuja Clinics,
22 Amazon Street,
Maitama,
E-mail:appointment@abujaclinics.com
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436/7042842
Spoken Languages: English

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre Abuja
Address: 4 Buchannan Close,
off Buchannan Crescent, off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 11,
iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Telephone: +234 (0) 808 522 1427
+234 (0) 807 219 1122

Name: Adeniyi ADEGOKE
22 Amazon Street, Maitama,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436 /7042842

City: Abuja, Maitama
Name: Maduemezie Nwakaego
22 Amazon Street,

City: Lagos
Name: Alexandra Anga
Address: The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice,
25 Raymond Njoku Street,
Ikoyi,
e-mail: consultantspractice@yahoo.com
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845
+234-8093540899
Spoken Languages: English, French

Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
Address: No. 1 Isaac John Street,,
GRA Ikeja,
Telephone: + 234 (807) 2191112 +234 0909 999 1256;
+234 0802 226 4059; +234 0909 215 6079

City: Port-Harcourt
Name: Gabriel Ogbu Ominyi
Address: Prime Medical Consultants,
Eliada Estate (Also known as Cocaine Village),
Near 1st Artillery Junction,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
Telephone: (234) 0809 084 0688

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 3:56pm On May 14, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Who told you that everyone that wants to go to Canada is doing so for the sake of "hustling"? Fallacy of hasty and ignorant generalisation. It's fine that you want to come back to develop your country. That is what you want to do, allow other forum members do what they want to do without making them feel like they are doing something wrong. Lots of people will rather live in a country like Canada with clean air, peaceful environment, constant power supply, sane political system to the reasons you pointed out for wanting to return to Nigeria. I know lots of people here who have gotten well paying jobs in Canada. Live and let live. Don't choke us with your own ideas.

Your response is uncallled for, it is just a vain confrontation. To my way of thinking, the man only gave his candid opinion, which is not wrong. If you have something else to say, you can always post that differently...

And you said he generalised, if he did, then you probably did the same too by trying to speak for everyone, cuz I dont feel choked by his post the way you do...

Please, Please and Please. we are here to help one another and we are very dynamic beings, so we cant feel the same way abt stuffs. My dear brothers and sister, lets try to avoid vain confrontation like dis, expecially when the case is past and forgotten....

Thank You

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jummolami: 4:48pm On May 14, 2017
Thanks so much.

Really appreciate. I am in Lagos so will go for Lagos center.

Mcowubaba:

Congrats on your admission

Upfront Medicals simply means doing your Medicals before you are asked to submit it.

While the 2nd option is to wait for a mail from the Canadian Embassy, requesting you to submit a medical report.

Disadvantage of Upfront medicals is that, if you're denied Visa, your money is gone.

Most times, when Canada Embassy sends you a mail to submit your medicals, it's most likely that the are positively considering your Application.

Also note, there are APPROVED hospitals/clinics for this.
Below are a few, some are cheaper than the others

Name: Bolanle Olusola Ariyo
22 Amazon Street,
Maitama,
E-mail:appointment@abujaclinics.com

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre Abuja
Address: 4 Buchannan Close,
off Buchannan Crescent, off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 11,
iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Telephone: +234 (0) 808 522 1427
+234 (0) 807 219 1122

Name: Adeniyi ADEGOKE
22 Amazon Street, Maitama,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436 /7042842

City: Abuja, Maitama
Name: Maduemezie Nwakaego
22 Amazon Street,

Name: Alexandra Anga
Address: The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice,
25 Raymond Njoku Street,
Ikoyi,
e-mail: consultantspractice@yahoo.com
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845
+234-8093540899
Spoken Languages: English, French

Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
Address: No. 1 Isaac John Street,,
GRA Ikeja,
Telephone: + 234 (807) 2191112 +234 0909 999 1256;
+234 0802 226 4059; +234 0909 215 6079

City: Port-Harcourt
Name: Gabriel Ogbu Ominyi
Address: Prime Medical Consultants,
Eliada Estate (Also known as Cocaine Village),
Near 1st Artillery Junction,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
Telephone: (234) 0809 084 0688
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sokunji(m): 5:06pm On May 14, 2017
Hello house, you guys are doing a wonderful job. Please i need advice on the course to apply for; I studied Agriculture(Animal science),graduated in 2004. However i have been working in a bank since 2006 till date. Do i apply for a masters in Agriculture or banking/finance? If i apply for a finance/banking related course, how do i justify it on my SOP?

Kindly assist.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 5:13pm On May 14, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

[quote author=HarveySpecter1 post=56512488]

Baba nice one jare I dey feel you well. Everyone has his reasons for travelling to Canada. Why d guy come dey go Canada when the top ranked MBA schools are in US/UK.For his information, Canadian universities are not even among best 20 universities in the world. Me, my intent is to school and get PR.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 5:15pm On May 14, 2017
Happy Sunday pals, please when filling the visa application form ......
The cost of my studies will be :
Tuition:
Room and board:
Other :
Please am i to calculate for one year or the full program?
Pls i need your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 5:31pm On May 14, 2017
@Sokunji, if you apply for a Masters program in finance/banking, then you don't really need to justify much because it is believed that you have changed career path. 10 years is not a small time to spend in a field. I am sure you've forgotten everything about animal science. You will only need to explain why you want to go for this program at this time, how it will benefit you especially in Nigeria, why you changed career path etc.
Express entry will also be good for you. But if you choose to go for PGD for a finance/banking course or even Agriculture, you have A LOT of explaining to do. It can be very difficult to get reasonable explanation. You can check Saint Mary's University for Master of Finance program.

NOTE: Masters in Finance/Banking/ Management/ MBA in Canada are quiet on the high side (30k +).

Best Regards

sokunji:
Hello house, you guys are doing a wonderful job. Please i need advice on the course to apply for; I studied Agriculture(Animal science),graduated in 2004. However i have been working in a bank since 2006 till date. Do i apply for a masters in Agriculture or banking/finance? If i apply for a finance/banking related course, how do i justify it on my SOP?

Kindly assist.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by honeyscottage(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2017
CanadianNurse:
have you tried emailing them? Or going back to the hospital? I did medicals there on the 5th of May and up till now no update from either the hospital or CIC.. If I don't get any update this week them I will head to that hospital! What rubbish

I wonder oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ukaivbemiles: 5:34pm On May 14, 2017
Hello.. I have a BSc home economics graduated 2015.. Any suggestion on a cheap university for a master degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 5:34pm On May 14, 2017
sokunji:

Kindly assist.

Thank you

I would suggest you apply for masters in Banking/finance related course, all you have to do is to explain why you decided to switch from Bachelors in Animal science to work in a bank. I think the VO would fancy Masters in Banking/Finance as a route to career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kayeyes: 5:35pm On May 14, 2017
michV,
Please I need your assistance. I was denied after almost 6 months.
Reason was insufficient funds and purpose of visit.
I plan to request for my gcms file and reapply but I need your help. I have sent PMs but I noticed you said earlier you won't respond to PMs anymore.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 5:36pm On May 14, 2017
sokunji:

Kindly assist.

Thank you
My. Advice for u, considering your years of experience in the banking sector, if u can get MBA/M.sc in Finance, it would be better, then fine tune your application with a sound SOP letting the VO see why you chose that with respect to your experience in the banking sector. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smartlawyer: 5:51pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=AAOL post=56516522][/quote]

Brothers/Sisters,

Perhaps I should step in here. Massive apologies for being the source of the controversy. My response to the advise to apply for EE, was not intended to be critical of, or otherwise despise anyone, who chooses to stay back in Canada. Like others have said, we have different backgrounds, choices, circumstances and priorities. Mine is to come back [with or without PR] and get to the top of my profession - its been my longtime dream and the PR will come in handy where [God forbid] things do not go as planned when I come back to Nigeria.

For me, planning to study in Canada in the first place [apart from the fact that Queen's University is one of Canada's key peaks of research excellence] was because of the guaranteed funding, as schools that gave me admissions in the UK and US (last year) did not provide funding and I cant be changing Naira to pounds/dollars to pay for PhD. That's the motivation for going to Canada - getting the PhD almost at no cost.

Will I apply for PR when I travel? Yes. Will I come back immediately after the PhD? YES. Those are my choices and I certainly respect yours! Lets keep the hope alive for our days of rejoicing are almost near!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sokunji(m): 5:57pm On May 14, 2017
judebebo32:

I would suggest you apply for masters in Banking/finance related course, all you have to do is to explain why you decided to switch from Bachelors in Animal science to work in a bank. I think the VO would fancy Masters in Banking/Finance as a route to career progression.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sokunji(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2017
Eraytee:

My. Advice for u, considering your years of experience in the banking sector, if u can get MBA/M.sc in Finance, it would be better, then fine tune your application with a sound SOP letting the VO see why you chose that with respect to your experience in the banking sector. All the best.
e]

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sokunji(m): 6:02pm On May 14, 2017
Eraytee:

e]

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 6:11pm On May 14, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

As explained by @thesoj.... Worked well for me

Document Scanning Tip
To get very high quality scans at a low file size, scan your document directly into the .tif or .tiff format at 300dpi color (don't convert another format to .tif/tiff, scan directly to .tif/.tiff), then use Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert it to PDF, and then finally distill the document. To distill, first convert the PDF to postscript [.ps], and then open the .ps file using Adobe Distiller; Distiller will ask you for the distill quality, choose the “Standard” option. The final PDF file size will shrink considerably but the quality will be super high!

Pls i got stuck at the point of Adobe acrobat pro. How do I deal with that? I tried downloading it buh I couldn't
2)pls can I just zip the file and upload, Is it acceptable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 6:15pm On May 14, 2017
Sugaro:

Pls i got stuck at the point of Adobe acrobat pro. How do I deal with that? I tried downloading it buh I couldn't
2)pls can I just zip the file and upload, Is it acceptable?

No, you cant zip.

There is this site i used to reduce my documents. I will search for it and send to you tomorrow when i get to school. If you can wait till then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 6:18pm On May 14, 2017
Hello house.. Please is it bad one applying as self sponsored This is very important pals. I have saved adequately for my studies and at the moment, literally everyone is applying as being sponsored. Are my chances low if I apply as self sponsored with prove of that??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by HarveySpecter1: 6:23pm On May 14, 2017
angry
elimsme:

Your response is uncallled for, it is just a vain confrontation. To my way of thinking, the man only gave his candid opinion, which is not wrong. If you have something else to say, you can always post that differently...

And you said he generalised, if he did, then you probably did the same too by trying to speak for everyone, cuz I dont feel choked by his post the way you do...

Please, Please and Please. we are here to help one another and we are very dynamic beings, so we cant feel the same way abt stuffs. My dear brothers and sister, lets try to avoid vain confrontation like dis, expecially when the case is past and forgotten....

Thank You

Vain confrontation? Really? What is vain about me telling him not to choke us with how he sees things? Looks like you just woke up, saw the word " vain confrontation" and decided to use it illogically. angry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrSmith9513: 6:29pm On May 14, 2017
CanadianNurse:
have you tried emailing them? Or going back to the hospital? I did medicals there on the 5th of May and up till now no update from either the hospital or CIC.. If I don't get any update this week them I will head to that hospital! What rubbish
How much did you pay? Do you have an Idea of the charge from the other two centres in Lagos.
I also want to ask, how are you getting sorted with the letter from CIC on prove of living expenses. I have the same situation to handle. Can I get your email so we could communicate on this......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 6:32pm On May 14, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Vain confrontation? Really? What is vain about me telling him not to choke us with how he sees things? Looks like you just woke up, saw the word " vain confrontation" and decided to use it illogically.

Sir, If he is choking you speak for your sef, dere is ntn wrong in what he said sir/ma. I dont tink dere is any underage here, you should kno what you want, I dont belief anyone can impose his mind on you, so am wondering y u sound irritated by his post....

Pls lets discuss sometin dt will benefit the house...

Thank you..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by xavi50(m): 6:36pm On May 14, 2017
Please guys am curious Regarding getting a medical call. Does the Canada embassy send the medical request by email or do they return passport to the application center and sending it back along with the medical result? how?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 6:37pm On May 14, 2017
maziude:

No, you cant zip.

There is this site i used to reduce my documents. I will search for it and send to you tomorrow when i get to school. If you can wait till then.

Kk pls do. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 7:00pm On May 14, 2017
ohizzyy7:
Happy Sunday pals, please when filling the visa application form ......
The cost of my studies will be :
Tuition:
Room and board:
Other :
Please am i to calculate for one year or the full program?
Pls i need your responses

assist pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.