Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887548 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by moufpeas(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

Exercise more patience.The letter will certainly come. Some folks here have also been experiencing similar issue. Nothing is wrong any where.

Okay thanks bro....just what I needed to hear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
@Anfieldboss i sent a pm yesterday but u did nt reply. Pls i need the draft you used to secure supervisor. Pls and pls. My number is 07065369332 email is topeseun294@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
akdam:

@Austinpee Thanks bro for the response, I have gone through the thread from the beginning to end that was why I was shocked and disappointed that my application was rejected. Going through all ur comments from first to the last I finds out that u are more experience. Your critical analysis is super. That is why I felt if I can be opportune to have a private talk with you, you can pick out one or two flaws in my application. Concerning gcms, the processing time is too long and my application might not meet up with Sept resumption bcoz it was stated on my admission letter that it valid till 8th of September. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks
I understand my bro. While i'll like to help you in your re-application, i'll most likely want others to benefit too. One or two persons may be in your exact situation and may not know how to go about it. With a collective contribution of everybody here, you can get your issue tackled better than just an opinion of myself alone.

So bro, i appreciate and feel priviledged that you'd like me to help u, i also think we should help others too while at yours. I hope you get what i mean.
So let's start by you sharing your profile(proposed program, undergraduate course, work experience, etc)

By the way, i'll really recommend that you still order for your GCMS file. This is the only way you can acurately tackle the concern of the visa officer. If your program is still opened for another term, do well to defer it if you feel you can't meet up with september. It will be for your greater good. You may feel you can sufficiently tackle the reasons on the refusal letter but the GCMS file will be the first point for another officer reviewing your re-application and your new application will be reviewed from that inference. So please order for you note.

Regards bro.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Congrat boss!

Smartlawyer:

No. I did not submit police report.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fembas316(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
Please is there anyone presently studying within Ontario -- Hamilton to be precise or anywhere close. I do need an assistance from any of such please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sirleo004(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sharles:

Did you submit police report

Please I also want to ask if it's compulsory one must link a paper application to an online account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dudubery: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
OpeLovely:

Got admission with MSVU as well for September. Same with Samo16.

Hi, going for same course as well. I think we submitted our applications same day too. Mine was Submitted at the Abj VAC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sirleo004(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sirleo004:

Please I also want to ask if it's compulsory one must link a paper application to an online account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dudubery: 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Roboma:
Hi, I also got admission to MSVU MA public Relations , I applied for my study permit on the 2nd of May. I pray I get an approval also. Do you mind if we exchange numbers ?

Hi, got admitted to same course. Submitted my application last week. Praying i get an approval too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Congrats to all approved applicants. I pray I share the positive news too and soon.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dudubery: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
[quote author=likeababygirl post=57478225]To God be the Glory
I picked up my passport with my Visa today 13th June
MA Communication at MSVU
Submitted on 12th April Paper route linked it online

Hi, Congrats, got admitted to same dept, Master of Public Relations. Submitted My app last week, Praying for an approval.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Anfieldboss: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
taiwo92, see my draft below

Dear Sir,

My name is Anfieldboss. I am an international student and a graduate of Electrical Engineering from the University of AnfieldRoad, Nigeria. I graduated with a Second Class Upper and a CGPA of 4.32/5.0 (86.4%). I currently work as a Service Engineer with an Electric utility in Nigeria and I have 3+ years work experience.

While an undergraduate at the University of AnfieldRoad, I did a 6-month internship with a Thermal Power Generating plant. I also took courses on Electrical Circuit Theory, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Energy Generation, Transmission and Distribution and Power Electronics.

As an Engineer, my area of research interests are in Energy Systems, Renewable Energy Sources, Power Systems Design, Power System Control, Electrical Machines, Smart/Micro grids, Embedded Generation, Power Electronics and Control. I am open to undertaking research in any of the listed areas above and I am also open to new research areas in Electrical Power Engineering as you may advise.

I am interested in studying for an MEng Electrical Engineering degree at Memorial University of NewfoundLand starting Winter 2018 (January, 2018).

I am writing you this email humbly requesting that you be my supervisor for my proposed research at MUN. After looking at the profiles of the lecturers in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department of MUN, I noticed your research interests matches mine which is why I have decided to contact you.

My research skills are well developed as I carried out an independent research project as part of the requirements to complete my Bachelor's degree.

I hope you will find me worthy of supervision and I look forward to hearing from you on the next steps to take regarding securing admission into the MEng Electrical Engineering program at MUN.

Attached to this email are copies of my resume, academic transcripts, degree certificate and passport for your perusal.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Regards,
Anfieldboss.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jay2prosper: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

Congratulation my brother! This your profile and funding though fit give person eye problem!..Lol

Nice nice!

Bro no bi small thing, congrats Smartlawyer..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
Mikky4canny:
Bro please what did u take along for the medicals.
How much is it and what's the mode of payment. Thanks
u need ur international passport, 1 passport photograph, the fee is #28050 and u pay in gtbank (cash). but u will have to go there first then they will have u a teller to enable u pay in gtbank (close to the clinic)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
mcobex:
u need ur international passport, 1 passport photograph, the fee is #28050 and u pay in gtbank (cash). but u will have to go there first then they will have u a teller to enable u pay in gtbank (close to the clinic)
which hospital pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamosamede55: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hi, pls i really need to knw weda its normal to have submitted an online application and for over 24 hrs i haven't received letter for biometrics. Pls who else jas experienced this??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mesh2003(f): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
khasm:

Thanks for the clarification. However, did you do PGD back to back? Biko, clear me on how you arrived at the 3yrs work permit. The info is very much valuable to me.

Depending on the VO handling your file, he/she can give you 2 or 3 years work permit when you study a 2 year program. I did 2 years PGD. I made sure I did it for 2 years and only went to school during winter and fall session(September-April) of each year and worked full time during spring and summer. Most of my friends that finished in 16-18 months by going to school in spring/summer got 2 years. It all depends.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
mcobex:
go to passport office in alausa and u will get the 64 pages same day, u can go 2moro mrn

for real I applied for passport at Festac for close to a month now, still not out. kindly give me the details of how it's done in Alausa. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cnwag: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
Yea you can so that it will just remain the reference letter..
lanrayx:

is it possible to still send the rest of my docs like resume, personal copy of transcript, certificate LOI to u of ottawa, as my referees are have not finished filling the automated recomenation letters, thanks im advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Osemigho:
Congrats to all approved applicants. I pray I share the positive news too and soon.
uncle your 3weeks holiday never finish? We miss you already embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
BRANDYAK:
Please I want to ask a question on gcms note, please can some one tell me what to write on the concern form where we have ;you must write your designated individual contact information. What is the designated contact information ? Is it the information of the person in canada?

I guess you are applying for the $5 Gcms note, in this case, the contact information details they need is that of the individual (a legal Canadian resident or citizen) that you are giving the consent to get the info on ur behalf. I hope this answers ur question.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mikky4canny(m): 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thanks for the info bro. Are u doing online or paper?
mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by rayplace50: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
hello everybody,

i need you guys help, i just discovered this trend. i got denied of canada visa twice last year reason was insufficient funds in the account, my sponsor had 13 million in the account. i wasted 1 year tho because they held my passport for 4 months on each application. i have a bsc in microbiology and i applied into aerospace mechanic engineering, it was a college program. mind you i paid full tuition then.

please i need an advice what can i do now? i need an advice i would like to start a new application, the school already refunded my money, i would like to start a new application and i would like to do it my self, i need advice please!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Spatialcol: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
Igbouwanile:

u see! ur sch recommended that, since the school was so clear on that, u shud have made a full payment at least for 1yr. & i feel u need few more docs.
my thought doh

Bros! Pls is tuition payment now mandatory before applying for TRV Just got acceptance letter, I plan to apply hopefully before next week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deejay102: 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
likeababygirl:

I applied via paper route.
Yes you can use the documents as home ties. Since the building plan shows that it isn't a bare land. I think that's fine.

Congratulations.. I went through the documents you submitted. I see you included NYSC Call up, POP and ID card. This insinuates you are currently serving. Is this correct.? I have been thinking very much about this as I am currently serving and want to apply for a Canadian TRV but kinda scared to declare my NYSC status. You know the " you are not allowed to travel out of the country except on approval of the DG" nonsense... Was scared CIC know about this. Please clarify your nysc status at the moment of application.. I think I will use it as home ties for a visitors visa. Also, how did you avoid getting a letter from your POP or LGI.. I'm just wowed.please respond asap please. This is very important to me. Advise is welcome and appreciated.. Thanks and Congratulations again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nolongthang: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys
Please I need some informations.
I'm about to apply for visa for my program to study. Now statement of account is being an issue. Most of the folks I asked for help said Canada do not just take statement of account that the person have to relate to me in some ways.
Abeg is it compulsory that the statement of account have to relate to me.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
@Anfieldboss, i thought Meng @ mun does nt require contacting a supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by StCruz247: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Mcowubaba where you dey. Please contact me via my mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
CanadianNurse:
uncle your 3weeks holiday never finish? We miss you already embarassed

Lol. Ended few weeks ago. Have been around and watching the room. I comment when I see that it will make a difference, while I wait for a positive response from "our ogas at the top".
I didn't envisage waiting this long but I keep praying and believing for the best.

I saw your update too. Congrats.

It will end with praises. Amen. cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ayoola03:
Congrat boss!

Hi Ayoola03, congratulations on your trv approval. I am also going to UWO for Msc Geology, fall term. Still awaiting my visa. Could you please send me a private message at ruby4nairaland@gmail.com?
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

Bro, sorry about your application. Actually, all the advise you can get from me and even better ones are here already.I may not be able to give sufficient information or advice more differently from what have been shared here.

If you patiently go through this thread you will find usefull information that will help your re-application.

Meanwhile, you may want to order for your gcms file through http://gcmsnow.com as well as share your profile here so you can get further help.

Regards.
hmmmmmm matured reply. That's y you are a senior man.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Folumade1: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
[quote author=mafa4na post=57467821][/quote]
@mafa4na can you please assist with linking mine

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.