Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879890 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
miella:

Hello,

You can check this site (www.usnews.com) to search for your desired schools and ranking and check these sites (http://graddecision.org/ and www.msinus.com) to learn more about choosing a graduate school and the application process.

You SHOULD consider writing GRE if you are interested in applying to schools in the US. This will also boost your chances of getting a scholarship or funding.

However, you can check this link for list of some schools that doesn't require GRE.

Best regards.

Oh saw this after my post.... Please disregard my earlier post...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mikky4canny(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the enlightenment boss
Austinpee4:

It is not. You do not have to apply seperately for a temporary visa to travel, once your study permit is approved, a visa foil will also be issued.

As you can see on your dashboard, it is an optional requirement. Nigerians do not need to provide it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
I can still remember u applied to uwo, if datz tru, u are allowed to differ ur admission since itz not up to a year u got admitted. And losing ur funding or nt solemnly depends on ur supervisor, all you need is prayers coz he is keeping the slot for you just pray he will be patient with you nd wont change his mind you no dos supervisors operate based on the grants givn to them and I think this is affecting the rate at whc we nigerians get funding coz dey bliv it takes too long b4 we are able to get our trv so dey got no patient to wait for nija applicants. before you can defer ur admission you will first contact ur supervisor to inform him. I had a similar experience, I got a supervisor last year nov with the intention of applying for fall 2017. He gave me a go ah3ad to apply to my surprise I was givn admission for winter 2017 whc require me to resume in jan 2017(and I applied for fall 2017) den, I dont even av an international passport not to talk of applying for TRV and d processing time was 13weeks I had to contact him telln him I wont be able to meet up considerin the short time frame nd current processing time he agreed to defer my admission till may den I weny ahead to contact the graduate coordinator to process my new offer letter(ur dept will inform the school abt ur deferment on ur bhave so they can prepare ur new acceptance letter) this is wht I used to process my trv in jan. To cuy the long story short along the line wen I didnt hear from cic I kept on updating ny supervisor attaching the current processing time wit my mail (never keep mute wen ur app is still "processing" keep updating ur supervisor this shows ur seriousness and willingness). The school was to resume on may 8, I mailed my dept and supervisor on may 3 (coz I no cic will disappoint nd I wanted to make sure a new letter is on ground by d time cic will ask me to provid dem) telling my intention to defer my admission since am yet to hear from cic telling him my app is still within processing time. You wont bliv non of them replied my mails (I got more scared coz I was thinking it was too late to defer and also my supervisor had lost interest in me) I got more worried so I had to contact the school of graduate studies (my dept) d lady refused to pick up then I felt all hope was lost. Cic replied me on may 5th telling me my acceptance letter has expired dat I shld provide new letter for nxt semester and also proof of having paid my tuition fees for the 1st year and living expenses as well and also bank reference letter story (common letter by cic). Despite the fact that I was on funding I was shocked nd dnno hw to go abt it (I just felt this people are looking for a way to deny me) nd the school isnt ready to pay my tuition until I fulfil the condition on my acceptance letter whc is provision of TRV and I must be persent in school b4 the start date this means if cic didnt approve my TRV dey wont pay my tuition hmmmm. I mailed my dept+supervisor attaching cic response concerning d progress in my application still, non of them replied nd non also picked my calls den I summoned courage to call the school the guy was really helpful he immediately connected me with the naughty lady dat has refused to pick up my calls, she finally picked. She told me my supervisor has discussed my deferment with her and she will get bck to me once shez done infact she didnt allow me to alter a word, she also made mention of cic new policy of payin one year tuition and asked me nt to worry that everything will be taken care of in the new offer letter,(God is great,the news eased d fear of losing my funding). The letters(acceptance and funding)was sent to me within 3dayz carryin fall term (at last I got wat I wanted, itz destiny). I forwarded it to cic 3weeks to the deadline given. All you need to do is to hold on, u neva can tell cic can approve ur trv b4 resumption bt wen itz 5dayz to resumption nd u r yet to hear from cic please dnt hesitate to mail the graduate coordinator tellin her u wnt to differ nd givin her reasons y u wnt to mean while mail ur supervisor like few weeks to resumption telln him the present processing time dnt tell him directly dat u wnt deferment just try to seek his opinion on wht to do nxt (ur supervisor has the final say not the school of graduate studies coz he was the one who recommended u for admission). Am sure cic will reply few dayz to resumption requesting for a new acceptance letter.so sorry to share this long story of mine coz I bliv with this u will still retain the confidence in u nd never lose hope. expecially wen u mail ur supervisor and he doesny reply, itz nt as if he ignored ur mail or hez nt taking actions but he just felt itz nt necessary he reply,my supervisor didnt reply my mail (weda he agree to differ my admisson or he still av interest in me ) he didnt reply until the day I told him my trv has been approved! He was excited wen he heard the good news. Datz all they wnt to hear. (This experience is application to UWO I dnno abt other schools). Tho itz not easy but Just keep ur hope alive. Anyone who says BP isnt real hasnt try CIC grin
It will end in praise
PS: ignore the typo errors in my txt coz I didnt proof-read

samjumbo:
Hello House,

Please are there specific ways to go about DEFERRING an admission? Am just curious please. Will one have to tell his supervisor first, then grad school? And will that be an issue if it is because of circumstance beyond once control - like CIC delays in issuing permit considering the recent processing time. Also, if one had an offer with funding, is it likely that one can lose his funding because he deferred?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nogen:

Thanks to you and everyone who responded to my question. I will have to pay the visa fees for them as well. I don't want stories that touch.

Does that mean , they will also do medicals? I'm going for an upfront medical examination.

Yes you will pay visa fee separately for them. ...If you look at imm form or so it is stated there that if you are filling for a minor child
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ayoola03:
I can still remember u applied to uwo, if datz tru, u are allowed to differ ur admission since itz not up to a year u got admitted. And losing ur funding or nt solemnly nt bliv non of them replied my mails (I got more scared coz I was thinking it was too late to defer and also my
It will end in praise

it's 9days since I submitted the additional documents and according to my status they are reviewing it... The wait is tiresome and the anxiety just keeps rising shocked

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ayoola03:
I can still remember u applied to uwo, if datz tru, u are allowed to differ ur admission since itz not up to a year u got admitted. And losing ur funding or nt solemnly depends on ur supervisor, all you need is prayers coz he is keeping the slot for you just pray he will be patient with you nd wont change his mind you no dos supervisors operate based on the grants givn to them and I think this is affecting the rate at whc we nigerians get funding coz dey bliv it takes too long b4 we are able to get our trv so dey got no patient to wait for nija applicants. before you can defer ur admission you will first contact ur supervisor to inform him. I had a similar experience, I got a supervisor last year nov with the intention of applying for fall 2017. He gave me a go ah3ad to apply to my surprise I was givn admission for winter 2017 whc require me to resume in jan 2017(and I applied for fall 2017) den, I dont even av an international passport not to talk of applying for TRV and d processing time was 13weeks I had to contact him telln him I wont be able to meet up considerin the short time frame nd current processing time he agreed to defer my admission till may den I weny ahead to contact the graduate coordinator to process my new offer letter(ur dept will inform the school abt ur deferment on ur bhave so they can prepare ur new acceptance letter) this is wht I used to process my trv in jan. To cuy the long story short along the line wen I didnt hear from cic I kept on updating ny supervisor attaching the current processing time wit my mail (never keep mute wen ur app is still "processing" keep updating ur supervisor this shows ur seriousness and willingness). The school was to resume on may 8, I mailed my dept and supervisor on may 3 (coz I no cic will disappoint nd I wanted to make sure a new letter is on ground by d time cic will ask me to provid dem) telling my intention to defer my admission since am yet to hear from cic telling him my app is still within processing time. You wont bliv non of them replied my mails (I got more scared coz I was thinking it was too late to defer and also my supervisor had lost interest in me) I got more worried so I had to contact the school of graduate studies (my dept) d lady refused to pick up then I felt all hope was lost. Cic replied me on may 5th telling me my acceptance letter has expired dat I shld provide new letter for nxt semester and also proof of having paid my tuition fees for the 1st year and living expenses as well and also bank reference letter story (common letter by cic). Despite the fact that I was on funding I was shocked nd dnno hw to go abt it (I just felt this people are looking for a way to deny me) nd the school isnt ready to pay my tuition until I fulfil the condition on my acceptance letter whc is provision of TRV and I must be persent in school b4 the start date this means if cic didnt approve my TRV dey wont pay my tuition hmmmm. I mailed my dept+supervisor attaching cic response concerning d progress in my application still, non of them replied nd non also picked my calls den I summoned courage to call the school the guy was really helpful he immediately connected me with the naughty lady dat has refused to pick up my calls, she finally picked. She told me my supervisor has discussed my deferment with her and she will get bck to me once shez done infact she didnt allow me to alter a word, she also made mention of cic new policy of payin one year tuition and asked me nt to worry that everything will be taken care of in the new offer letter,(God is great,the news eased d fear of losing my funding). The letters(acceptance and funding)was sent to me within 3dayz carryin fall term (at last I got wat I wanted, itz destiny). I forwarded it to cic 3weeks to the deadline given. All you need to do is to hold on, u neva can tell cic can approve ur trv b4 resumption bt wen itz 5dayz to resumption nd u r yet to hear from cic please dnt hesitate to mail the graduate coordinator tellin her u wnt to differ nd givin her reasons y u wnt to mean while mail ur supervisor like few weeks to resumption telln him the present processing time dnt tell him directly dat u wnt deferment just try to seek his opinion on wht to do nxt (ur supervisor has the final say not the school of graduate studies coz he was the one who recommended u for admission). Am sure cic will reply few dayz to resumption requesting for a new acceptance letter.so sorry to share this long story of mine coz I bliv with this u will still retain the confidence in u nd never lose hope. expecially wen u mail ur supervisor and he doesny reply, itz nt as if he ignored ur mail or hez nt taking actions but he just felt itz nt necessary he reply,my supervisor didnt reply my mail (weda he agree to differ my admisson or he still av interest in me ) he didnt reply until the day I told him my trv has been approved! He was excited wen he heard the good news. Datz all they wnt to hear. (This experience is application to UWO I dnno abt other schools). Tho itz not easy but Just keep ur hope alive. Anyone who says BP isnt real hasnt try CIC grin
It will end in praise

Thank you so so much Ayoola. I am going to UWO. Like you said, one can't predict the CIC pple, so I decided to arm myself with knowledge before it even gets to that. Your experience is a perfect replicate of what may expect. Though I applied with an upfront medical on the 6th of June towards 1st of September start date, I felt to be fore-warned is to be fore-armed.. Your write up has done justice to that. I am grateful Ayoola03. Will keep the house updated - so we all learn.

I wish we all actually dared to share our experiences detailed. Its important. I know my question will answer so many NL members future questions on the thread.

It will all end in praise. Thank once more Ayoola03!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Applying once in Canada for them to be approved to stay more than six months will require you to leave Canada and return. In essence, your children will need a visa. I say do it right now in Nigeria to prevent unnecessary complications. You have already told cic you are taking the children along with you, so why not proceed based on that premise and apply for visa for them right now.

Even if she applies for visa for them now a visa won't be stamped on their passport because they are Americans. Americans can apply to study at a Canadian border. Which means even if she decides not to include them in her application they can still get the paper's at the border. The only thing applying for them now would do is increase her finaincials. However if you had not already told Quebec you are travelling with your kids, would have advised you not to apply for them now until after you have recieved yours then change status. Because Quebec would send all your papers to the embassy. Going with babies is no issue but you need to have enuff funds. Also include that they would be put in daycare or day homes in quebec( nanny is very expensive). Day care/ homes per child is about 1000 cad a month per child. Do a little researh on day homes in Quebec and I also know students get subsided day care fees so explore that so by the time you are explaining to the VO how you would care for them, you would sound like someone that is prepared

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justkay22: 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

hello house.. im new here and i have a question , would be glad if anyone could enlighten me.. im a graduate and i want to apply for student visa for canada.. but the problem is, i finished with a pass..Firstly, what i wanna know is if there are schools in canada that doesnt require bsc for student visa and secondly if there are schools that accept just pass to apply... im open to any course.. Would really appreciate constructive responses . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
I still don't understand y canada trv is now very tough expecially for Nigerian applicants but no matter how hard it is, we will be favoured by his grace. We cant wait to celebrate ur victory boss grin

CanadianNurse:
it's 9days since I submitted the additional documents and according to my status they are reviewing it... The wait is tiresome and the anxiety just keeps rising shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
You are welcome .please just keep us updated nd keep ur finger crossed since ur app is still within processing time. If ur app is paper route pls ensure u link it online it will help alot

samjumbo:

Thank you so so much Ayoola. I am going to UWO. Like you said, one can't predict the CIC pple, so I decided to arm myself with knowledge before it even gets to that. Your experience is a perfect replicate of what may expect. Though I applied with an upfront medical on the 6th of June towards 1st of September start date, I felt to be fore-warned is to be fore-armed.. Your write up has done justice to that. I am grateful Ayoola03. Will keep the house updated - so we all learn.

I wish we all actually dared to share our experiences detailed. Its important. I know my question will answer so many NL members future questions on the thread.

It will all end in praise. Thank once more Ayoola03!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Bro, take a chill pill ooo and be steadfast in prayers. They will get back to you within 2-3weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justkay22: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

hello house.. im new here and i have a question , would be glad if anyone could enlighten me.. im a graduate and i want to apply for student visa for canada.. but the problem is, i finished with a pass..Firstly, what i wanna know is if there are schools in canada that doesnt require bsc for student visa and secondly if there are schools that accept just pass to apply... im open to any course.. Would really appreciate constructive responses . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Evening guys. Av bn terribly bz these days but been a silent observer nonetheless. Thnks 2 all tha have responded to my enquiries and pms as well. Appreciat the help so far. So av bn ablento submit the application for my certf of acceptance and now trying to gather my documentation together for visa application so when my ceertf of accptnc coms out i wont waste tym applying. Pls can someone advise on how upfront medicals works. How much, documents to take with you, what il be given afterwards etc. Also police clearance certificate as well. Then will anyone be kind enough to help review my SOP. A sample LOE will also be most useful.
Many thanks in anticipation of your soonest responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Bro, take a chill pill ooo and be steadfast in prayers. They will get back to you within 2-3weeks.
Thanks bro, so far all the people that got that request for proof of fund export were approved by God's special grace I will sing unto the Lord very soon

TThanks @ayoola03

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Last week I got an update from CIC saying Since you last checked your account, your application S.... has been updated. I thought it was nothing but I realised that next to biometrics it says completed which is different from the status I saw on another applicants screenshot. House does that mean my application is being worked on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
justkay22:

Hi,

Welcome on board. I wont scare you but you have a long way to go.

Before you can apply for Canada student visa you will need to be admitted into one of Canadian institution.

So I 'll advise you to start searching for sch and if you 'll need to write Ielts..now is the time..

I 'll advise you to plan towards fall 2018.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
That's my wifey grin
Ayoola03:
I can still remember u applied to uwo, if datz tru, u are allowed to differ ur admission since itz not up to a year u got admitted. And losing ur funding or nt solemnly depends on ur supervisor, all you need is prayers coz he is keeping the slot for you just pray he will be patient with you nd wont change his mind you no dos supervisors operate based on the grants givn to them and I think this is affecting the rate at whc we nigerians get funding coz dey bliv it takes too long b4 we are able to get our trv so dey got no patient to wait for nija applicants. before you can defer ur admission you will first contact ur supervisor to inform him. I had a similar experience, I got a supervisor last year nov with the intention of applying for fall 2017. He gave me a go ah3ad to apply to my surprise I was givn admission for winter 2017 whc require me to resume in jan 2017(and I applied for fall 2017) den, I dont even av an international passport not to talk of applying for TRV and d processing time was 13weeks I had to contact him telln him I wont be able to meet up considerin the short time frame nd current processing time he agreed to defer my admission till may den I weny ahead to contact the graduate coordinator to process my new offer letter(ur dept will inform the school abt ur deferment on ur bhave so they can prepare ur new acceptance letter) this is wht I used to process my trv in jan. To cuy the long story short along the line wen I didnt hear from cic I kept on updating ny supervisor attaching the current processing time wit my mail (never keep mute wen ur app is still "processing" keep updating ur supervisor this shows ur seriousness and willingness).

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Just hope for the best Nurse. I believe you will nail your trv before June ends wink
CanadianNurse:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justkay22: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply.. im actually a novice to how all these work, i have someone ready to sponsor me , i came here just to confirm if its possible and know the requirements rather than paying an agent for the whole processing.. so what i wanna know is, are there schools that take pass grade and if im to write the Ielts you said, does that qualify me to apply for any school, i heard some schools require job experience too, pls how true ..thanks
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Hi,

Welcome on board. I wont scare you but you have a long way to go.

Before you can apply for Canada student visa you will need to be admitted into one of Canadian institution.

So I 'll advise you to start searching for sch and if you 'll need to write Ielts..now is the time..

I 'll advise you to plan towards fall 2018.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rubbies22: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
Fredozki:

Alright, thanks. pls can I send you pm
am new to this dnt know how that works
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rubbies22: 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
2bpat:
Please I need sincere guidance.

I wish to apply for postgraduate admission in Canadian University. I really need clarifications on so many things;
I have B.sc in Accounting, CGPA of 2.5 i.e 2.2 lower division
I am 38 years old, I have worked as contract staff for 7 years.

My questions are;
1. Can I get MBA admission with that?
2. Is it possible to get a school that will not require GMAT?
3. Is it possible for me to work while studying so I can take care of myself and dependants at home?
4. How and where do I begin the admission process?
Kindly assist to clarify and make useful suggestions
Thank you
Question 1 - yes - introduces yourself as a worker not a student
Question 2 - no you need GMAT or Gre for MBA (real MBA)
Question 3 - yes but pay may not be much
Question 4 - start with preparing for your Gmat

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ericcartman1739: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ejaloni123:

how do you mean that they would get back to out between 2-3weeks, is that what happened to you, if so, when did you apply and was it paper or online, cause Im only curious about mine which has gone over your "estimated time" that's all, I'd appreciate a response thank you.

cc: Ejaloni123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Yomalicious:

Even if she applies for visa for them now a visa won't be stamped on their passport because they are Americans. Americans can apply to study at a Canadian border. Which means even if she decides not to include them in her application they can still get the paper's at the border. The only thing applying for them now would do is increase her finaincials. However if you had not already told Quebec you are travelling with your kids, would have advised you not to apply for them now until after you have recieved yours then change status. Because Quebec would send all your papers to the embassy. Going with babies is no issue but you need to have enuff funds. Also include that they would be put in daycare or day homes in quebec( nanny is very expensive). Day care/ homes per child is about 1000 cad a month per child. Do a little researh on day homes in Quebec and I also know students get subsided day care fees so explore that so by the time you are explaining to the VO how you would care for them, you would sound like someone that is prepared

Goodluck

Thanks a lot. I learnt something from the express entry thread where a couple was sent back at the Point of Entry because their American children were not included in their PR. They assumed because their children are Americans , they wouldn't need a PR visa. That's why informed them and we are making financial provision for the babies ' upkeep. I will check out the day cares in Quebec too. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smile4mee01: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello House.

Please i need advice. i really feel time is running out on January Admission for Masters in Canada. The University i applied to for over 2 months have not even reached my referees let alone give me admission. The nature of my Job leaves no time to prepare for GMT/GRE ,so i am looking at Masters In Finance , accounting or the like. Had a 2.1 in Undergrad. Mathematics. Working for 5 yrs now.

As time is running out. I m seeking Pre-masters programs maybe that would brighten my chances of admission, but what are the chances of been granted a study VISA for a prospective pre-masters student ? Hope the VO would not interpret it as an easy route to schooling/entering canada.

Please advice.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
Markab:
Just hope for the best Nurse. I believe you will nail your trv before June ends wink
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Yomalicious:

Goodluck

Wrong info that even if the children apply for visa now, a visa is not going to be stamped into their passports because they are Americans. Americans apply for a Canadian visa and have it stamped all the time and have to meet the regular requirements like everyone else. That said, I agree Americans going to Canada can also apply for a TRV at the point of entry. I would advice this woman to make her children's application for visa as dependents in Nigeria. Her children's application and status as Americans would greatly bolster her chances for been approved for a visa. This is better for her application in general, than one solitary Nigerian passport applying for Canadian visa. Not to talk of the unnecessary complications she might be faced with doing her children's paperwork were she to defer to doing it inside Canada after she arrives with her children.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello House.

Please i need advice. i really feel time is running out on January Admission for Masters in Canada. The University i applied to for over 2 months have not even reached my referees let alone give me admission. The nature of my Job leaves no time to prepare for GMT/GRE ,so i am looking at Masters In Finance , accounting or the like. Had a 2.1 in Undergrad. Mathematics. Working for 5 yrs now.

As time is running out. I m seeking Pre-masters programs maybe that would brighten my chances of admission, but what are the chances of been granted a study VISA for a prospective pre-masters student ? Hope the VO would not interpret it as an easy route to schooling/entering canada.

Please advice.

Thank you.

They vet Nigerians extremely, so I will advice doing your application well. What kind of job leaves you with no time to study for the GRE? That said, I feel you though. It's hard to pass that exam at an acceptable score. Look for schools that give a waiver, but it's going to be hard based on all research I have done. I was able to get a waiver for the GRE only because it is waived for those who studied in Canada or the United States. Good luck finding a waiver. My advise is for you stay off any preremedial studies of you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
justkay22:

Well I think university would be a no go area. I think Fanshawe college do accept third class. However go through their site, you can mail them to confirm this. For your course ensure it either tallies with your previous undergraduate study or with your present work (if you re employed).

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 11:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello House.

As time is running out. I m seeking Pre-masters programs maybe that would brighten my chances or admission, but what are the chances of been granted a study VISA for a prospective pre-masters student ? Hope the VO would not interpret it as an easy route to schooling/entering canada.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Hi

I would advise you still look for other universities that has the programme and that do not require Those exams. But incase you still wanna do pre masters or a PGD, you should choose a course that aligns with either your undergraduate study or work field. That way they complement each other, Admission for premasters or PGD do not usually require this exams and depending on the school the admission might be out within 2 months. if Your course is well aligned, a good SOP and every other relevant document and ties back to your home country and with God by your side. Your Application should be approved

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ayoola03:
It will end in praise

Supervisor does not recommend one for admission. The academic department committee does. The supervisor can help and is often a part of the committee that makes admission decision and funding allocation. Once they have done so, it's up to the school of graduate studies to approve. They make the final decision to approve the academic department's recommendation. If you need to defer, you need to petition the academic department which may or may not approve it. Of of they approve it, they send it to the school of graduate studies for final approval. That is why it seems you had trouble finding someone to reply to you. The process is not static, but is a moving target from one office to another. Congrats getting your TRV approved. Please update the house on your stats and documents submitted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.