Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887714 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2017
Kenechukwu231:

Please what's the best advice one can get for Canadian study permit. I have a degree already in Nigeria. But the I applied for a fresh degree course in Canada. Perhaps this might denia me visa. Please good friends advice.

you want to go for another Bachelor degree

Y not masters ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2017
abdullahi45:
Please help.,

I would like to pay an application fee of 100CAD for university of Western ontario but i can't pay with Nigeria card but with international or foreign card.

My request is do any know or have anyone that can do the payment for me outside naija, i will just send the money to maybe his/her family or anyone he/she wants me to send the money to in Naira. I await your prompt response.

Look for an Access Bank MasterCard ATM, I used it last month nd was charged 27,800. I used GT earlier in March and was charged 25,000. But as at last month GT Bank cards declined. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2017
My bro just checked his email and behold a message from CIC telling him to fill a 'Use of Representative Form'. He submitted June 1,does that imply that his application is being processed already and on the way to approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Holyfield1:
My bro just checked his email and behold a message from CIC telling him to fill a 'Use of Representative Form'. He submitted June 1,does that imply that his application is being processed already and on the way to approval?
No, it doesn't mean an approval is imminent. It only implies that he need to declare that a 3rd party(agent,friend,etc)handled or is helping with his application. Apparently, he did not state that earlier.

And Yes, his application is being processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2017
Kenechukwu231:

Good day Austinpee.
I guess my issue perhaps might be close to the above problem. Presently am a graduate of university of Nigeria nsukka ,business management. I have also managed a hotel and have a vast ict knowledge as i was network administrator and hardware engineer for over 3 years. But then I applied for an undergraduate course in Canada with admission offered to me already. But reading through this it feels my application for study permit will be denied since i have a degree in Nigeria already. Presently I have not applied for the study permit but my aim is to avoid any reasons for visa denials. Please advise on what's best to do regarding the application. Thanks.

I believe you have been sufficiently answered. You need to justify with adequate reason why you need another undergraduate degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2017
Austinpee4:

No, it doesn't mean an approval is imminent. It only implies that he need to declare that a 3rd party(agent,friend,etc)handled or is helping with his application. Apparently, he did not state that earlier.

And Yes, his application is being processed.
I don't know how to thank you, But I know you have always been helpful as immediately I saw my mentions, something in my just tell me it's a response from you and lo it is... May God reward you bro. Thank you very much,we appreciate you... But he just submitted 2weeks ago, How come it's so fast?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2017
Holyfield1:
I don't know how to thank you, But I know you have always been helpful as immediately I saw my mentions, something in my just tell me it's a response from you and lo it is... May God reward you bro. Thank you very much,we appreciate you... But he just submitted 2weeks ago, How come it's so fast?
Well, application processing are at different stages. It actually starts the moment IRCC recieves the application and it is entered into their system.(for paper route)

So it's normal. His information wasn't complete that's why he was asked to provide the form. It will then move to another stage if it hasn't already.

Hopefully, things turn out well in the end.

Regards bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
Pls who has noticed that CIC website is now slow to load?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by prettytolar(f): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2017
nelly28:

bro you can check on dis once:

http://umanitoba.ca/afs/plant_science/
MSc in Plant Science
University of Manitoba, Manitoba

https://www.mcgill.ca/plant/graduate
MSc in Plant Science
McGill University, Quebec

https://www.usask.ca/programs/colleges-schools/grad-studies/programs/plant-sciences.php

https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/graduate-degree-programs/master-of-science-plant-science.
MSc in Plant Science (Vancouver)

your can mail d schools for more details, after viewing dere websites. success bro.

Thanks Nelly... Really appreciate this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Kof99:
Pls who has noticed that CIC website is now slow to load?
Lol...slow ko via website abi slow in approving our trv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
thanks for the info really do appreciate it and you too @likeababygirl eshey o

wealth360:
Since nah. it will be already my dear. or better still chat dem up on their website. they will let you know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by akanbijm: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2017
I would like to know what are the necessary documents to be submitted for the Canadian student permit apart from student admission letter. Please kindly outline these out for me. The guru in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Folumade1: 11:43am On Jun 20, 2017
I am just able to link my application online after my passport has been dispatched already from Ghana*************** IRONY of life it is well it will end in Praise in Jesus name
Amen

#Hopeful#

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Folumade1:
I am just able to link my application online after my passport has been dispatched already from Ghana*************** IRONY of life it is well it will end in Praise in Jesus name
Amen

#Hopeful#
Praise God .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wakalikeking: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
If your passport show *dispatched* from Accra! Kindly check VFS for your passport and TRV!
Ayoola03:
Good day house, i tracked my passport on vfs now nd i discovered it has been dispatched frm accra since 14th of june. does it mean my passport is ready for collection or i shld wait for their mail. @maziude @austinpee4 @wealth360 and other gurus in the house
PS:paper route linked online

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jboyjoel: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Good day able and potential NL's . I was delayed a study permit in April 2017 for purpose of visit,"I admits the fault". i never put in consideration while CHOOSING a course program/working experience b4 applying,until when i read pages of INPUTS on NL. which resulted in the delay.
Immediately, i requested for GCMS notes and the outcome states that " PA,is ... years old Nigerian national seeking to attend CCA program at sask polytechnic. PA has a B.SC in Economics and has worked in ........... since year...... currently employed as a .......... with so so organization. After careful review of the application and supporting documents provided, program of study in Canada does not appear to be consistent with previous level of education and employment history.Based on the evidence provided, I am not satisfied applicant is a genuine student who intends to complete course of study and would depart at the end of authorized stay. Refused."

You are welcome to re-apply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .All new application must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I need your input/ suggestion on re-applying again in 2018 .. in Same school? ( PDG in Business Administration) as against previous course in CCA and what is the possibility of securing a Maters program in another school with a CGPA of 3.42? in my first degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
Question, how long does it take from the point that an academic department recommends admission and issues preliminary paperwork and funding, for the school of graduate studies to approve and issue official acceptance? Anybody with experience in this area, in University of Saskatchewan in particular? It's been two weeks now since I was recommended and still waiting official documentations. My supervisor said it takes one to two weeks. Graduate coordinator says it takes 2-4 weeks. I don't even know who to believe. Please anyone with experience in this area would be greatly appreciated. I need to apply for my TRV ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
jboyjoel:
Good day able and potential NL's . I was delayed a study permit in April 2017 for purpose of visit,"I admits the fault". i never put in consideration while CHOOSING a course program/working experience b4 applying,until when i read pages of INPUTS on NL. which resulted in the delay.
Immediately, i requested for GCMS notes and the outcome states that " PA,is ... years old Nigerian national seeking to attend CCA program at sask polytechnic. PA has a B.SC in Economics and has worked in ........... since year...... currently employed as a .......... with so so organization. After careful review of the application and supporting documents provided, program of study in Canada does not appear to be consistent with previous level of education and employment history.Based on the evidence provided, I am not satisfied applicant is a genuine student who intends to complete course of study and would depart at the end of authorized stay. Refused."

You are welcome to re-apply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .All new application must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I need your input/ suggestion on re-applying again in 2018 .. in Same school? ( PDG in Business Administration) as against previous course in CCA and what is the possibility of securing a Maters program in another school with a CGPA of 3.42? in my first degree.

A well crafted SOP on reapplication should solve this issue. Explain why you have chosen the area of studies. Perhaps a crises in life or a new found epiphany and mission in life caused you to switch career field? How are your studies gonna add to the future development of Nigeria, you should talk about. You should also sufficiently document home ties that will induce your return back to Nigeria. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by o2(f): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
oluwaCanny:
Updated on June 16, 2017. Please update the house as much as possible and to the silent readers and followers you are also included grin grin grin wink thanks

36) O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront medical passed

Please update.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Question, how long does it take from the point that an academic department recommends admission and issues preliminary paperwork and funding, for the school of graduate studies to approve and issue official acceptance? Anybody with experience in this area, in University of Saskatchewan in particular? It's been two weeks now since I was recommended and still waiting official documentations. My supervisor said it takes one to two weeks. Graduate coordinator says it takes 2-4 weeks. I don't even know who to believe. Please anyone with experience in this area would be greatly appreciated. I need to apply for my TRV ASAP.
I am very certain your Grad coordinator is right. mine took like 4weeks to get my LOA with much pressure on CGSR ooooo. because once you are recommended your application is not within your faculty again is now with CGRS. so it will take 4 weeks. just relax and start gathering your trv documents small small.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
wealth360:
I am very certain your Grad coordinator is right. mine took like 4weeks to get my LOA with much pressure on CGSR ooooo. because once you are recommended your application is not within your faculty again is now with CGRS. so it will take 4 weeks. just relax and start gathering your trv documents small small.

Thanks Chairman! Why does it take that long? I mean the bulk of the work has been done, they are only approving. What school is yours? How far with your TRV?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jboyjoel: 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
jnyuwa02:

A well crafted SOP on reapplication should solve this issue. Explain why you have chosen the area of studies. Perhaps a crises in life or a new found epiphany and mission in life caused you to switch career field? How are your studies gonna add to the future development of Nigeria, you should talk about. You should also sufficiently document home ties that will induce your return back to Nigeria. Good luck.

@.. Thank you Boss, SOP was drafted , reasons was stated as suggested and submitted alongside the application. ironically, av visited canny on several occasions and did a short program course during the period of visit.i Just felt the VO was in a different mood as at the time my app was reviewed. I intend picking related course for 2018 intake. could that suffice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Lankyannie(f): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Have managed to research on schools in Canada and I found out that Canada is way too expensive than America. I want to study there but the tuition fees and cost of living is too expensive, schools I researched are:
Douglas college

university of manitoba

university of Alberta

dalhousie university(this one is more than expensive ni and the employment opportunities is low)

Grant macEwan university

memorial university of Newfoundland(its too popular and the offer sharp courses but very expensive)

Brandon university

university of Toronto

Georgian college(mainly art courses)

Seneca College

please from this list of universities, I want to know the one that offers either nursing, public health, prosthesis and orthopedic for undergraduates and also the one with low tuition fee, low cost of living and high employment opportunity. help a sister out biko.
ps: I want to be able to work and school at the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thanks Chairman! Why does it take that long? I mean the bulk of the work has been done, they are only approving. What school is yours? How far with your TRV?
Same school. University of Saskatchewan. If you can disturb CGSR for them to printout and send your LOA then you are good to go. I have my TRV since March 8th. Just that @Herinco that usually update the house stopped updating and my timeline and update was taken out but i didnt bother to update the house about my profile again. am resuming Sask sept 1st.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smartlawyer: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ayoola03:
I submitted via paper route nt online but in most cases it doesnt exceed 1week while in some cases, it does exceed a wk. If the tracking result is true, it means mine isn't up to a week I.e 8th-14th. You can try to track ur passport to know the status.

Grateful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
wealth360:
Same school. University of Saskatchewan. If you can disturb CGSR for them to printout and send your LOA then you are good to go. I have my TRV since March 8th. Just that @Herinco that usually update the house stopped updating and my timeline and update was taken out but i didnt bother to update the house about my profile again. am resuming Sask sept 1st.

What program and do you get funding? Why did you refer to CGPS with a different name? Had me wondering you are at a different school. What is LOA? Why do the CGPS take so long?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lankyannie:
Have managed to research on schools in Canada and I found out that Canada is way too expensive than America. I want to study there but the tuition fees and cost of living is too expensive, schools I researched are:
Douglas college

university of manitoba

university of Alberta

dalhousie university(this one is more than expensive ni and the employment opportunities is low)

Grant macEwan university

memorial university of Newfoundland(its too popular and the offer sharp courses but very expensive)

Brandon university

university of Toronto

Georgian college(mainly art courses)

Seneca College

please from this list of universities, I want to know the one that offers either nursing, public health, prosthesis and orthopedic for undergraduates and also the one with low tuition fee, low cost of living and high employment opportunity. help a sister out biko.
ps: I want to be able to work and school at the same time.

First off, if you did your research well, you'd know that tuition in Canada is actually cheaper than the USA, story for another day, as regards like tuition schools,

Umanitoba

Usaskatchewan

Memorial uni

Uwinnipeg

Basically check the cold areas in Canada, their tuition is almost always cheaper compared. All study permitted above nine months usually allow work as a student 20hrs a week during school and 40/week in the summer, job after school is strictly on your own ability

For the programme you'd need to research these schools and pick out your choice, no one can do that for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
jboyjoel:

@.. Thank you Boss, SOP was drafted , reasons was stated as suggested and submitted alongside the application. ironically, av visited canny on several occasions and did a short program course during the period of visit.i Just felt the VO was in a different mood as at the time my app was reviewed. I intend picking related course for 2018 intake. could that suffice?

Picking a different course would appear like you trying to game the system. Stick to your guns is my advice and explain the seeming contradiction in area of academic endeavor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What program and do you get funding? Why did you refer to CGPS with a different name? Had me wondering you are at a different school. What is LOA? Why do the CGPS take so long?
Mechanical Engineering Msc. as at last year CGPS is known as CGRS. I didnt get funding but my supervisor said until I showed up before we can talk about any funding. relax please since you have been recommended for admission CGSR will take time to send you your Letter of Admission ....aka LOA. just chill
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
wealth360:
Mechanical Engineering Msc. as at last year CGPS is known as CGRS. I didnt get funding but my supervisor said until I showed up before we can talk about any funding. relax please since you have been recommended for admission CGSR will take time to send you your Letter of Admission ....aka LOA. just chill

Why do they take long? Should be summary disposition, why four weeks? One week is what is suppose to have been ideal. Now 13 weeks of processing time in Nigeria not funny. I have to go venue shopping now. Congrats! I heard too many Nigerians at Saskatchewan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Why do they take long? Should be summary disposition, why four weeks? One week is what is suppose to have been ideal. Now 13 weeks of processing time in Nigeria not funny. I have to go venue shopping now. Congrats! I heard too many Nigerians at Saskatchewan.
@Bolded I do not know the reason for sure and is that a problem? respectively

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.