Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,149 members, 7,863,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (895969 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 8:58am On Jun 25, 2017
mcobex:
bro u should have deferred ur admission is certainly May (that doesn't affect ur visa application as cic will request for an updated admission letter when it's time for that), I don't think it will still be possible to defer now cos the start date has passed but there's no harm in contacting ur school to see if they can still make room for u to defer. just tell them u thought u will be able to get the visa b4 now but till this moment u haven't heard from cic

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abacino007(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2017
Good morning house, please is there anyone that just has been admitted to Carleton University (MA Economics) or pressently studying (MA Economics) there? Please, kindling signify when you see this post. I need your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tommee: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2017
valenti12:

@sarang which of the schools told you to pay 500?Centennial or Humber abi both

My own case;
After applying with no app fee requested, i got a message from one centennial africa representative stating i should pay CAD200.
Humber on the other hand (with CAD75 app fee) gave me a username and password which i use to enter myHumber page to check for progress on my application.

@tommee please advise

@sarang the 500 deposit will be a commitment from you to secure your sit for the program which will eventually be used as part of your tuition fee i guess maybe you should mail them to get more clarification

@valenti12
the 75cad app fee is compulsory for humber they would not process your document if you dont pay and for centenniel they have alot of nigerians working there you will likely get mails see yoruba names with centennial signature i spent a lot on calling the college before i got the offer because they dont have an online application portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 9:32am On Jun 25, 2017
tommee:

@sarang the 500 deposit will be a commitment from you to secure your sit for the program which will eventually be used as part of your tuition fee i guess maybe you should mail them to get more clarification

@valenti12
the 75cad app fee is compulsory for humber they would not process your document if you dont pay and for centenniel they have alot of nigerians working there you will likely get mails see yoruba names with centennial
signature i spent a lot on calling the college before i got the offer because they dont have an online application portal
Thanks

I have paid humber app fee, just waiting on their decision and offer letter.
Did you pay application fee for your centennial application?
How long did it take before you got offer letter for each school?
What n what did you upload to the schools(the requirements)

@tommee abeg help me here
Also email me the numbers you were calling, abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ruben456: 9:40am On Jun 25, 2017
Abacino007:
Good morning house, please is there anyone that just has been admitted to Carleton University (MA Economics) or pressently studying (MA Economics) there? Please, kindling signify when you see this post. I need your help

Hello I'm a prospective carleton university student for MA Economics Fall semester
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 9:41am On Jun 25, 2017
tommee:
Hello great people

I have scaled the first hurdle of my application process i just got admission into 2 colleges and am in a dilemma right now both colleges have offered me PGD global business management HUMBER COLLEGE and CENTENNIEL COLLEGE and both are 2 years duration
Please i need advice from people already studying in canada as both schools are located in toronto
My dilemma exactly is centenniel requires a payment deposit of 2300CAD before final offer with a deadline of july 10th for winter 2018 while Humber has offered a full admission but i have to pay 7900 for first semester after my visa is granted. Humber also has a co-op work placement option which is also an advantage. I would really appreciate an advise based on quality of education and college ranking. I am also planning on mailing HUMBER telling them i wanna pay part of the tuition and get a receipt to show and to apply for TRv
Shout out to @Folumade1 who has been helpful through the application gurus please your input is required
if I were u, I would go for Humber cos of the Co-op which increases ur chances of future employment , and besides u pay wen u get the visa, so nothing to loose. I don't know about the ranking which I don't think is a problem

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 25, 2017
cashhip:

Hello, Gurus in the house please kindly inform me on how to tackle this perfectly well.

1. A letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account OR
2. A bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you OR
3. A written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount.

If option 3 is picked, and the letter of assurance is written by the bank, does it mean that the money cannot be withdrawn from the account except for the purpose of the living expenses?
I am expecting your responses, thank you.

In my opinion, I think a bank draft shows more commitment as opposed to a letter from the bank.
Just my thoughts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abacino007(m): 10:25am On Jun 25, 2017
Ruben456:

Hello I'm a prospective carleton university student for MA Economics Fall semester

Ok, thank you. Can I have your e mail address. I need to discuss some issues with you.

Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abacino007(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2017
Ruben456:

Ok, thank you. Can I have your e mail address. I need to discuss some issues with you.

Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2017
tommee:
Hello great people

I have scaled the first hurdle of my application process i just got admission into 2 colleges and am in a dilemma right now both colleges have offered me PGD global business management HUMBER COLLEGE and CENTENNIEL COLLEGE and both are 2 years duration
Please i need advice from people already studying in canada as both schools are located in toronto
My dilemma exactly is centenniel requires a payment deposit of 2300CAD before final offer with a deadline of july 10th for winter 2018 while Humber has offered a full admission but i have to pay 7900 for first semester after my visa is granted. Humber also has a co-op work placement option which is also an advantage. I would really appreciate an advise based on quality of education and college ranking. I am also planning on mailing HUMBER telling them i wanna pay part of the tuition and get a receipt to show and to apply for TRv
Shout out to @Folumade1 who has been helpful through the application gurus please your input is required

See these links if you're still contemplating;

http://www.city-data.com/forum/toronto/1531884-humber-college-centennial-college-project-management.html

http://compare.easycounter.com/humber.ca-vs-centennialcollege.ca

My few findings;
Centennial is the oldest college in Ontario
Humber has more grocery stores in the community
Humber transfer option is more flexible
Centennial has less south asian
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2017
Hmy2015:
"Unlawfully present in a country after the issued visa has expired" does that apply only to Canada or if you overstayed in any other country?

Applies to all countries because if you overstayed any other country, Canada is going to make the presumption that you are going to overstay their visa as well. That said, they don't know which countries you overstayed except you tell them. Although I must mention Canada signed an agreement with the U.S. in 2013 that allows both countries to automatically query each other's system to extract immigration and criminal history of people in each other's country or system.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mikky4canny(m): 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
OK boss.. I have done that
Austinpee4:

Alright bro. Send me a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Somat4ril(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
happy Sunday house, please who can help me with application fee payment of 150CAD. will pay the Naira equivalent please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jenibabi: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
Good evening house !
I am a registered nurse got Direct entry to do my BSc in nursing, I finishe 2015 February got a job June 2015 and did other professional courses but my depth had issues in mobilizing Nurses for service I got mobilized this may 2017. I had to work my service to my job. I currently got admission to study Addictions and mental health nursing as a specialty in Humber college my question is please is it compulsory to add my nysc discharge to my application? I will be done with service April 2018 and my course starts January 2018.
Please advice me and my salary account payment has not been consistent I believe my offer letter and detailed letter from my office will do more advice please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello people.

Happy Sunday.

Please is there any April applicant in the house that has not gotten response from CIC?. Am just tired of checking my email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
CPA01:
Hello people.

Happy Sunday.

Please is there any April applicant in the house that has not gotten response from CIC?. Am just tired of checking my email.
even February and March applicants sef dey sad

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
You're not alone ooo!
CPA01:
Hello people.

Happy Sunday.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
tommee:

@valenti12
the 75cad app fee is compulsory for humber they would not process your document if you dont pay and for centenniel they have alot of nigerians working there you will likely get mails see yoruba names with centennial signature i spent a lot on calling the college before i got the offer because they dont have an online application portal

I don't want to commit this money since it is non-refundable. Can I still go ahead and use the acceptance letter for my visa?

And if I get visa, can I then commit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hi
Sorry it doesn't work like that. I'm sure this amount of money will be stated on your conditional acceptance letter from your school, it is used to hold your seat. it also usually has a dead line. If you dont meet this requirement, you loose your admission. Also if your school issues you a Conditional admission letter, the embassy expects you to satisfy this condition(s). Like in your case you may want to attach a receipt issued to you from the school showing you have paid your acceptance fee. Dont be scared to commit. Even your TRV app is a commitment as we are never sure of the outcome. Stay positive. Wish you the best!
Sarang:

I don't want to commit this money since it is non-refundable. Can I still go ahead and use the acceptance letter for my visa?

And if I get visa, can I then commit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ope100:
Hi
Sorry it doesn't work like that. I'm sure this amount of money will be stated on your conditional acceptance letter from your school, it is used to hold your seat. it also usually has a dead line. If you dont meet this requirement, you loose your admission. Also if your school issues you a Conditional admission letter, the embassy expects you to satisfy this condition(s). Like in your case you may want to attach a receipt issued to you from the school showing you have paid your acceptance fee. Dont be scared to commit. Even your TRV app is a commitment as we are never sure of the outcome. Stay positive. Wish you the best!

It's for my sister. She is coming to Saskatoon and not toronto. She will be studying here in Saskatoon. In SK there aint 2yr colleges aside siast
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello all! My CAQ from Quebec is taking so long to come out. I submitted since the 6th of May and they took delivery on the 9th of May. It is over 1 month now. Do you suggest I call them tomorrow? Without the CAQ, I can't apply for the TRV right?

Whoever has been in my shoes should please give me some.suggestions on how to go about this. I don't have too much time because my lectures start end of August. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nogen:
Hello all! My CAQ from Quebec is taking so long to come out. I submitted since the 6th of May and they took delivery on the 9th of May. It is over 1 month now. Do you suggest I call them tomorrow? Without the CAQ, I can't apply for the TRV right?

Whoever has been in my shoes should please give me some.suggestions on how to go about this. I don't have too much time because my lectures start end of August. Thanks.
Mine is on the 4th..no news yet..just calm down till the processing tym is ova nd hope on God for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nogen:

Just find something doing nd remove ur mind from it for now..Dan sleeping around on their website ,tracking ur app from morning to Nyt..it can lead to real tym depression nd frustration ..just believe DAT God is in control but find something doing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nogen:

God is still working on our cases nd will neva leave it halfway... Stay positive : wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I just saw it this morning and will get back to you after church today.
BabaJ Omo your church dey te oooooo. How service? I still dey wait you here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
glam4444:

Mine is on the 4th..no news yet..just calm down till the processing tym is ova nd hope on God for the best

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nogen:

Thanks.
Uwc my dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by famous17: 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hmmm that no 3 option is not as easy as it seems,

I was sent this letter twice,

The first time I choose that 3rd option and got a letter from bank that stated i the money available, the current balance and that I intend to use it for my studies. I also attached the CBN circular in it. I did this because if you read what CIC requested they did not ask the bank to include the clause that the money can be requested rather they want the letter from CBN. I did this and thought it was over but lo and behold, CIC wrote sent me another request letter and insisted that the bank should include the clause, they didn't ask for the CBN letter anymore.

I also thought this was not a problem and went to my bank to request for this letter that will include this clause but was shocked when none agreed to give me (GTB, Ecobank and Access bank)

I had no choice than to get a bank draft and pay my full year tuition. @ Ayoola you are lucky your bank gave you the letter.

I am actually happy that God was on my side and made CIC give the opportunity to get a second chance. I am sure that if it was not Him I would have been refused on grounds of insufficient fund.

That was why my timeline got up to 5 months but am grateful it ended in praise.

So at poster, if you have the money please get a draft
If you don't get the letter from the bank and insist they include the clause.
Ayoola03:
I think the option that is more easier to tackle is the 3rd option. You dont need to worry about anything, coz cic will not contact your bank to verify except the document u submitted isnt genuine or they smell somtyn fishy. all you need to do is to make sure some "keywords" are well stated in the written assurance from your bank. Those important statements is wht they want to here my dear bro, they just want your bank to assure them the money will be made available when needed. The following statement should be clearly stated on ur bank reference letter;
" living expenses for the upcoming academic year are on deposit and can be rexported abroad thru CBN forex control policy when the need arises" .you can as well back it up with a reference letter from your sponsor. My question is: I hope the amount you stated in your SOA for living expenses is still intact till now.
I also received same mail from cic wen my trv was still in dia custody lol, and that was how I tackled mine.
Other gurus in the house can also shed more light and I can still remember @canadian_nurse had same experience

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cashhip: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
famous17:
Hmmm that no 3 option is not as easy as it seems,

I was sent this letter twice,

The first time I choose that 3rd option and got a letter from bank that stated i the money available, the current balance and that I intend to use it for my studies. I also attached the CBN circular in it. I did this because if you read what CIC requested they did not ask the bank to include the clause that the money can be requested rather they want the letter from CBN. I did this and thought it was over but lo and behold, CIC wrote sent me another request letter and insisted that the bank should include the clause, they didn't ask for the CBN letter anymore.

I also thought this was not a problem and went to my bank to request for this letter that will include this clause but was shocked when none agreed to give me (GTB, Ecobank and Access bank)

I had no choice than to get a bank draft and pay my full year tuition. @ Ayoola you are lucky your bank gave you the letter.

I am actually happy that God was on my side and made CIC give the opportunity to get a second chance. I am sure that if it was not Him I would have been refused on grounds of insufficient fund.

That was why my timeline got up to 5 months but am grateful it ended in praise.

So at poster, if you have the money please get a draft
If you don't get the letter from the bank and insist they include the clause.
Hi, what clause exactly do they want to see?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cashhip: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Na my area be this shocked shocked first of all when did you receive this email and when is your deadline to submit?
ok, 2 days ago. to submit wthin 1 month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.