Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,779 members, 7,855,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (893693 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2017
Mysine:
One quick stupid question:

Do I fill the questionnaire form in biro or using my computer?

Boss,

"Biro"... e don tey wey i hear that word last... grin grin

Yes you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gracee101: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2017
@Austin and others please I want to ask what other services on the vsf list do you think is ok when doing the biometrics am just considering the money though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mich4Canny: 7:40am On Jul 07, 2017
Genius000:
Who needs GCMS notes?

I can help you apply from my end and you pay only $5. Just quote me if interested don't PM.

My own way of giving back to the house. cheesy

Canada is sweet ooo grin just that you need to develop yourself before coming here.

A goat in Nigeria will not become a lion here.

Seems Spouse Open Work Permit is the deal here any single lady? cool( let me come to Nigeria and marry you.

The research here is not easy oo I need to review over 200 papers. My supervisor weak me cry God dey sha.

I don't do PMs for now just post your question and quote me il take it up when I am chanced.

Cheers.

Hello I need help with ordering gcms note. Is your kind offer still available?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:42am On Jul 07, 2017
debris:
Morning fam those that submitted in abuja vsf office how much did u pay and after the biometrics what am I to do again can i do Medicals as well today.

Hope am not late all documents ready and sealed with God's favour.
if u intend doing upfront medical then do it a day b4 u go to vfs to apply cos u will have to also submit the documents the hospital will give to u. as for the application cost just go with atleast 56k. u will do biometric the same day u go to apply(it's part of the process for paper route), so after u must have applied wait for a day or two to link ur application online then wait and pray for updates from cic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2017
mcobex:
check out Lufthansa
I did check... Thats what I normally use so it was the first I checked sef... Around 650k....airfrance too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nwakire29(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=DereI post=58197379]

To pay your fees, go to your bank and apply for a Form A transaction with your admission letter and they will guide you from there. You would have to bid on US Dollars and the equivalent will be converted to Canadian Dollars after CBN has approved your bid.

Note: Do NOT transfer money to anyone to pay your fees for you EXCEPT you know the person. Use a bank and give them 3-7days to complete the transaction and issue you a Telex copy. After that, you can forward the Telex copy to your bank via email.
Thank you very much God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mysine: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2017
mcobex:
Use black pen

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mysine: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2017
maziude:

Boss,

"Biro"... e don tey wey i hear that word last... grin grin

Yes you can.

Loool... thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2017
Good morning everyone in the house.
Please, I urgently need our honest advise on what to do concerning the REQUEST i got from cic last night.

For better understanding, below is a bit of my profile:
I applied for msc in geology for fall term at Uwo, Paper route, may 12, medical passed, currently reviewing my eligibility.

I have Bsc in geology.

4 yrs work experience at a mining company, still working there.

2016 NDDC award worth 30k USD (about 39k CAD) but payment has not been made yet. Tuition is worth 17300 CAD/yr plus 10k living expenses (= 27300 CAD).

Company support of 1 million when i start studies.

Uncle's support of 30k USD (in words not in action, for visa approval)

NB:
I am not on funding from school as my program is one year course based msc.
I also cannot afford to pay for one term not to talk of the whole year tuition.

PLEASE, WHAT DO YOU ADVISE I DO

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 8:03am On Jul 07, 2017
yemdogg:
My people how una dey....Longest time. I'm indeed very sorry for being MIA.

I have been superbusy at work lately and a lot of have happened in the past few weeks, my visa application delay being one of them. I give thanks to God. I didn't learn my lesson from my previous refusal apparently grin. I took a calculated risk in using a program that is not directly related or consistent with my previous study to apply for trv. Despite the patent inconsistency. Before I applied for visa, i was given an offer of admission for a program that is directly related to my previous study but because of fees and no hope of funding from the program, I opted for another program that is cheaper but not directly related to my previous study. I knew the risk, yet I took it. It was plain stupidity but I learnt my lesson. Although I managed to convince myself that the two programs are connected, however, it appears the VO does not share my view as enshrined and contained in my sop hence purpose of visit. This does not in any way undermine the importance of an sop. After I submitted my application, It became dawn on me that I messed up, I should have applied with the LLM program notwithstanding the fee. More importantly since a colleague of mine was earlier refused because of the same program. So it is fair to say that I kinda saw it coming grin

Now I have learnt my lesson.....never take risk whether calculated or not, the VO may not understand the formula you used in arriving at the conclusion when it comes to Canadian Study permit application. grin

I have moved on sha cheesy......EE is the new deal for me.

To all those whose applications have been approved, I congratulate and celebrate you. Particularly my brother from another womb osemigho, God bless you abundantly my dear friend. This is the beginning of new achievements and success to come. I'm really proud of you baba. .

CanadianNurse! I'm not unmindful of your success. Your trv approval is well deserved. Go and do us proud. Austinpee4...how far? Where's MichV? Eraytee and rest, I salute you all.

And to those expecting decision from cic.....keep calm, God is already working in your favour. Whatever the outcome of the application is, it will favour you all in Jesus name.

For those that fall in the 3rd category, keep calm also, for greater things are coming. grin. That I can assure you,
His working for you yemmdogg. dont worry it is INTENTIONAL because all thing will work for your good. Haggai 2:9..Respect Mentor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2017
yemdogg:
My people how una dey....Longest time. I'm indeed very sorry for being MIA.

I have been superbusy at work lately and a lot of have happened in the past few weeks, my visa application delay being one of them. I give thanks to God. I didn't learn my lesson from my previous refusal apparently grin. I took a calculated risk in using a program that is not directly related or consistent with my previous study to apply for trv. Despite the patent inconsistency. Before I applied for visa, i was given an offer of admission for a program that is directly related to my previous study but because of fees and no hope of funding from the program, I opted for another program that is cheaper but not directly related to my previous study. I knew the risk, yet I took it. It was plain stupidity but I learnt my lesson. Although I managed to convince myself that the two programs are connected, however, it appears the VO does not share my view as enshrined and contained in my sop hence purpose of visit. This does not in any way undermine the importance of an sop. After I submitted my application, It became dawn on me that I messed up, I should have applied with the LLM program notwithstanding the fee. More importantly since a colleague of mine was earlier refused because of the same program. So it is fair to say that I kinda saw it coming grin

Now I have learnt my lesson.....never take risk whether calculated or not, the VO may not understand the formula you used in arriving at the conclusion when it comes to Canadian Study permit application. grin

I have moved on sha cheesy......EE is the new deal for me.

To all those whose applications have been approved, I congratulate and celebrate you. Particularly my brother from another womb osemigho, God bless you abundantly my dear friend. This is the beginning of new achievements and success to come. I'm really proud of you baba. .

CanadianNurse! I'm not unmindful of your success. Your trv approval is well deserved. Go and do us proud. Austinpee4...how far? Where's MichV? Eraytee and rest, I salute you all.

And to those expecting decision from cic.....keep calm, God is already working in your favour. Whatever the outcome of the application is, it will favour you all in Jesus name.

For those that fall in the 3rd category, keep calm also, for greater things are coming. grin. That I can assure you,

Hey Bro, All the best bro..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2017
CanadianNurse:
One thing I assure you @yemdogg is that before this year runs out... YOU WILL BE CELEBRATED mark my words like an English teacher

Sealed in heaven and on earth.

By the way, CanadianNurse, I believe you need to book a flight this week. Enough of checking online, Visit any of their office around you. Shalom!

What of this folaroyal person? Previous customers of his should pls comment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2017
mesh2003:

A friend of mine used Egypt air to Toronto, he said ok flight. I used Turkish airline; excellent service. I heard Ethiopia is the best amongst the cheap airlines. Turkish airline is not cheap though but less than klm and the rest of them.

Thank you for the review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrsDot(f): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2017
Folaroyal:

Absolutely fantastic!!... One of those wonders from God!!... Submitted February and got approval same month!!!. *thumbs up*

So happy for you.... Well i caught a hint of complete honesty in your package, which is what a VO wants... Presenting it the way they want it... Showing you can fund your trip without recourse to public funds and that you have enough reasons to return to home country after studies.
Share your travel plan to Toronto with me... could be able to offer beneficial links
Congrats.
Gm folaroyal, Pls I will like to ask you some questions. 1) I want to go through the Ontario college diploma route with hubby and we have a 5 year old child. What do U think the chances are for us? Note:- hubby is in his late 20's while am going to mid 20's... And we don't have any undergraduate experience in Nigeria... We have been into business and totally self employed.... If we can raise our tuition and accomodation for 2years and upkeep for ourselves and our child. What is our chance like? With landed property and
farmland as tie back home. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DelzyB: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2017
Greetings 2 all the senior and advanced gurus in the house. I'm new to the thread and I can tell you I joined cos of d luv I saw flowing in the house, more so everyone here seems like a family. God bless you all. Pls I need one of the gurus in d house to help me critique my SOP as I've been rejected Australia visa this June. 10x house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, most especially the elders of our land in Calgary, I need help to be able to secure accommodation in Calgary. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=Nwakire29 post=58205936][/quote]

You welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 8:45am On Jul 07, 2017
Osemigho:
Ladies and gentlemen, most especially the elders of our land in Calgary, I need help to be able to secure accommodation in Calgary. Thank you.
PM me for contact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2017
Osemigho:

Start checking kijiji and Rentfaster.ca.

Remember, do not pay money until you see an like the house.

Goodluck.

PS: try looking for a landlord that will offer the airport pickup service. It might come in handy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2017
Osemigho:

Sealed in heaven and on earth.

By the way, CanadianNurse, I believe you need to book a flight this week. Enough of checking online, Visit any of their office around you. Shalom!

What of this folaroyal person? Previous customers of his should pls comment.
I'm currently in talks with olamide(Folaroyal person)

No problem advice heeded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 9:11am On Jul 07, 2017
PureRuby:
Good morning everyone in the house.
Please, I urgently need our honest advise on what to do concerning the REQUEST i got from cic last night.

For better understanding, below is a bit of my profile:
I applied for msc in geology for fall term at Uwo, Paper route, may 12, medical passed, currently reviewing my eligibility.

I have Bsc in geology.

4 yrs work experience at a mining company, still working there.

2016 NDDC award worth 30k USD (about 39k CAD) but payment has not been made yet. Tuition is worth 17300 CAD/yr plus 10k living expenses (= 27300 CAD).

Company support of 1 million when i start studies.

Uncle's support of 30k USD (in words not in action, for visa approval)

NB:
I am not on funding from school as my program is one year course based msc.
I also cannot afford to pay for one term not to talk of the whole year tuition.

PLEASE, WHAT DO YOU ADVISE I DO

Ur approval is almost imminent but u really need to pay the first academic year fees nd pick any ov d three (one out ov d 3)

Canny nurse ...where art thou?
Come nd throw more lyt

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sharles: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2017
Roboma:

Hi Sharles, please did you do an online or paper application? Also did you get a mail from CIC this morning ?

Paper route, and yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sharles: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2017
Roboma:

Hi Sharles, please did you do an online or paper application? Also did you get a mail from CIC this morning ?
Paper route, and yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrsDot(f): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2017
yemdogg:

Lol bros. You don vex pata pata !

Okay now ! It's all good ! grin

My brother my brother....oya go and sleep !
eficial links
Congrats.[/quote]Gm yemdogg, Pls I will like to ask you some questions. 1) I want to go through the Ontario college diploma route with hubby and we have a 5 year old child. What do U think the chances are for us? Note:- hubby is in his late 20's while am going to mid 20's... And we don't have any undergraduate experience in Nigeria... We have been into business and totally self employed.... If we can raise our tuition and accomodation for 2years and upkeep for ourselves and our child. What is our chance like? With landed property and
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by debris: 9:19am On Jul 07, 2017
mcobex:
if u intend doing upfront medical then do it a day b4 u go to vfs to apply cos u will have to also submit the documents the hospital will give to u. as for the application cost just go with atleast 56k. u will do biometric the same day u go to apply(it's part of the process for paper route), so after u must have applied wait for a day or two to link ur application online then wait and pray for updates from cic

Feeling sad sad didn't know about it, As am applying today what do you think should i leave it and go for medicals today while I go to vsf Monday? Am considering based on time frame days are going.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrsDot(f): 9:19am On Jul 07, 2017
justwise:
@All

My apologies for hiding a lot of posts arguing about Whether the embassy has the right to verify bank statement.

This sort of discussion will not happen here.

Be honest with your application and stop looking for a way to cheat the system
Gm justwise, Pls I will like to ask you some questions. 1) I want to go through the Ontario college diploma route with hubby and we have a 5 year old child. What do U think the chances are for us? Note:- hubby is in his late 20's while am going to mid 20's... And we don't have any undergraduate experience in Nigeria... We have been into business and totally self employed.... If we can raise our tuition and accomodation for 2years and upkeep for ourselves and our child. What is our chance like? With landed property and
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2017
glam4444:

Ur approval is almost imminent but u really need to pay the first academic year fees nd pick any ov d three (one out ov d 3)

Come nd throw more lyt

My dream of studying in Canada manifested by the scholarship i got not that I am from a buoyant family.
I added the award letter to my application bit nddc is yet to pay as their new rule is that they won't pay you until you travel.
Now how do i travel if i don't get my trv?
Do you think a reassurance letter from nddc will doyje trick
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2017
glam4444:

Come nd throw more lyt
Pureruby if you can gather your school fees, pay and go to sterling bank at saka tinubu Street Victoria Island, give them the letter from CIC or ask for their head of operations... You will get what you need.. Do these as fast as possible

If you don't have funding and you can't pay 1st semester then what's your plan? I hope you are not expecting to pay tuition from working as a student in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 9:41am On Jul 07, 2017
PureRuby:

My dream of studying in Canada manifested by the scholarship i got not that I am from a buoyant family.
I added the award letter to my application bit nddc is yet to pay as their new rule is that they won't pay you until you travel.
Now how do i travel if i don't get my trv?
Do you think a reassurance letter from nddc will doyje trick

A reassurance letter still won't satisfy or pacify the case . u showed all the sponsor's SOA
They need to be assured that the money in ur uncle's account is exportable nd useable.(one ov the main reasons you were asked to pay for first year tuition fee, they don't want any immigrant to be a burden to the Canadian government)
Nd they gave u deadline for the feedback :
My own opinion tho ..run around for the first yr fee ...contact the nddc ,inform dem the conditions dey gave u.u ve gotten the admission already .I still don't see any reason why they should wait till u travel b4 dey pay .
OK ,wat if by God's grace u eventually travel nd dey refuse to pay bringing about unnecessary attention from the immigration officers leading to your deportation.
Jst try nd hustle for first year academic fees
Contact d nddc inform dem...my opinion tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I'm currently in talks with olamide(Folaroyal person)

No problem advice heeded

His contact pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2017
please who can direct me to GMAT prep thread? I need to do GMAT/GRE for my MBA Application so as not to miss Umanitoba January admission deadline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2017
glam4444:

A reassurance letter still won't satisfy or pacify the case . u showed all the sponsor's SOA
They need to be assured that the money in ur uncle's account is exportable nd useable.(one ov the main reasons you were asked to pay for first year tuition fee, they don't want any immigrant to be a burden to the Canadian government)
Nd they gave u deadline for the feedback :
My own opinion tho ..run around for the first yr fee ...contact the nddc ,inform dem the conditions dey gave u.u ve gotten the admission already .I still don't see any reason why they should wait till u travel b4 dey pay .
OK ,wat if by God's grace u eventually travel nd dey refuse to pay bringing about unnecessary attention from the immigration officers leading to your deportation.
Jst try nd hustle for first year academic fees
Contact d nddc inform dem...my opinion tho

They have already payed scholars who have travelled my brother.

They system in this country tire me ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (505)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.