Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,166 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880479 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Franklin24: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
maziude:
Hello Bosses,

At the risk of derailing the thread( I am sorry about that, though this might compliment the thread.)

Just a little heads up about funding.

For Bachelors degree applicant/students, please ensure you ask your programme officer/department/award office, there is always this award you qualify for but you may not know unless you ask. Also, seek external funding; most of these scholarships are advertised on your school's "Tuition and funding" pages. Please make use of that information, you might also qualify for them too.

2) For Masters degree students. as in 1) above, please ask too. There is at least one funding you qualify for. It is possible you might not get in your first year, but with good grades, you qualify for some funding/scholarship (atleast tuition). Please be on the look and ask. For those going for research based or thesis based, most schools usually have funding, if you cannot find it on their website, ask your supervisor (who in most cases is your primary contact), the admission office, the graduate coordinator or anyone in charge of students. Your supervisor might not have funding at the moment, but the school might have a form of scholarship. Please ask!

3) For PhD students. More often than not PhD students are usually funded via their research units or labs. However, there are other forms of funding you might qualify for. Also ask. Too much funding wont kill (LOL). If you research unit is not funding, I am sure you qualify for some departmental funding in terms of TAs, but you never know unless you ask. I think there is this rule that PhDs are always funded no matter how small it is (I am not sure though). However, ask still.

4) Most schools have international admission scholarships. These are awarded to student who meet a certain score during admission. Please endeavour to ask what you admission score is, if your school offer such. They will tell you, atleast with that you will know if you meet the scholarship threshold or not. As an example, a friend had no idea, that uottawa offer such until I told her to ask. She did and was told her score but unfortunately her score didnt meet the threshold.

Finally, If you didnt get any kind funding from school, please ensure you atleast have funds that will keep you going for a year (I mean for fees, accommodation and upkeep). The first years are usually tough, but we will always scale through in the end.

For the bosses still awaiting the approval of their TRVS, I wish you Godspeed, God's grace and favours.

For those coming to ottawa @Austinepee, @tuzinde @cnwag, we will surely meet there this year.

@osemigho, @judebebo, @wealth360 and co going to other cities, make una ready to host us.

It shall end in praises for us all.

Peace...

Mazi

Thank you so much for the information. @Maziude, please I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
pl @Austinpee4 please can i kindly send you a PM? I'll be most grateful sire!! Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
pls how much is the application fee for graduate student at windsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
@maziude I sent you a pm abeg try and reply thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mizbaby(f): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
It's been so long I've been here. I remember all the funny arguments, lol. I dey hail ooo. Anybody coming to Alberta no carry too much jacket, no be small heat dey here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Franklin24: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ayoola03:
@yamen21 how far with the current situation on your application, any green light? @justwise please tender justice with mercy, kindly unbanned the newbies I bliv they have learnt their lessons already, they now understand the rules guiyoursing this forum.

I will like to pin-point my observations concerning trv application and also share my view based on personal experience. Please let us endeavour to keep our application simply & precise and avoid submitting too many irrelevant documents. Most times, It amaze me reading how much people complain about the delay in getting response from cic not knowing that in one way or the other,we also contribute to the delay. Have we all forgotten its their duty to verify every single documents you submitted? Have you ever thought of people who didnt present a quatre of what you have submitted yet they got their trv approved in no time. This people take their time to verify the authenticity of every documents submitted( they fear we Nigerians, there is notin we no fit do lol). Sometimes irrelevant documents end up complicating our applications, they tends to dwell more into some docs whc should have been kept encosed. There is no magic behind it, it is simply a logical reasoning.( only phD applicants get a preferential treatment lol coz the vo knows their intentions to study is always genuine and they are so certain that most of them (nt all) will return back home after study even without a convincing note this is why they hardly deny phD applicants). Permit me to take my boss @tuziude and i as an example. I was once anxious and always checking my cic portal for updates every min at the same time,when I remember how many documents I had submitted,I definitely knew my trv wasnt coming so soon, my application took (21weeks) almost 5months. I assume we all saw the documents my boss presented, just imagine how long it would have taken the vo to verify each document which seems like its taking forever. But we thank God it ended in praise. It is not easy my bro and sis cos the waiting period can be so frustrating but We should try as much as possible to screen our documents, make sure the necessary and the important ones are there, also call the attentions of the gurus in the house to help you verify before submitting. Let's watchout for irrelevant documents so as to hasten our trv approval. I wish all trv hopeful best of God, as he have successfully made it easy for us, may he make it easy for all trv hopefuls and intending trv applicants as well.
PS: am not discouraging submitting voluminous documents, Yes there are just few people who did and still got their trv approved within a short period of time. But 1/100 for msc/Meng applicants not even now that all eyes is on Nigerian applicants .it is all for our own good. The choice is yours!

My 2cent......cheers!

thank you! @Ayoola03, please I sent you a PM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MissOlawumi(f): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
Darrelah:
Thanks sis..I really appreciate
Anytime Ma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibeli0: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Our beloved VO thanks for this comment shocked shocked quote author=bluegirl080115 post=58482992]Hello House

This is to inform y'all that applications are being updated ... Get ready

Please kindly check for update ... starting next week

Mostly March , April , May & few June applications

Cheers !!!!![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by HarveySpecter1: 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hi guys,

What is the value of 1 Canadian dollar in naira? 240? 260? 270?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
@mzibaby can i pm u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wengerly(m): 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mizbaby:
It's been so long I've been here. I remember all the funny arguments, lol. I dey hail ooo. Anybody coming to Alberta no carry too much jacket, no be small heat dey here.

It's almost like Naija weather at the moment, na soccer things every saturday. Enjoy the heat while it last...it will soon be winter. ☺

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wengerly(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
HarveySpecter1:
Hi guys,

What is the value of 1 Canadian dollar in naira? 240? 260? 270?

Official rate is around 240+, unofficial fluctuates between 268-275.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Yea bro what's up... Been long I heard from you guys... Guess canny system of Education eats up time and leaves one with little time for himself.... No worry we DEY come September

Wondering if I could PM you for a few heads up

Thanks

No vex fellow house mates. I have been busy with my wedding plans coming up later this month. Pardon me please. You can send your pm ma and am still very much around till first week in Sept.
Big congrats to my brother osemigho and all my colleagues that got their trv approved.
To those that got delayed, perservance breeds success as said by my senior colleague. Please Do not give up on your canadian dreams.
To my ogas already in regina....aw dat Syd biko..... am coming in soon.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:
Hello House

Cheers !!!!!
Finally, she commented. Amennnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hey guys, let me quickly mention this. I seem to be getting lots of questions regarding career change and time frames.

It is not a bad thing to seek a career change. However, it must be logical and from reasonable situation. Before you apply for a program that reflect a diferent path from your undergraduate study(in a case of graduate study), you should have spent atleast 12 MONTHS of activity(work,research, etc) in the area you intend to switch to. DO NOT make the mistake of thinking you can wake up one day and change career or field and then apply for a study permit with that.

You will be giving officers an express ground to refuse your application for purpose of visit if you do not show significant time spent in the area you are now pursuing further study.

Not even a well detailed, structured, 'queens english' proved SOP will salvage that intention. Like i keep indicating here, each applicant will most likely be treated like a potential migrant whether you show all the ties in nigeria, your state, clan or kindred. It is just the provisions of the IRCC act that compel a visa officer to ensure you have a tie back home and a good reason to return back home. This is standard for everybody applying under the temporary visa category. The first review will always be why you are going to canada to study, is it in reasonable light from what you studied or currently engaging in.

Visa officers don't use their mind to approve or refuse applications. They are guided by an ACT.( you see this mentioned in most correspondence from them) which also guide their discretion. They can be dragged to a law court if their judgement is out of these provisions. While we trust God and pray for a positive outcome, we should endeavour to CHOOSE RIGHTLY to avoid giving them any reason to test the microphone with our application. They are humans too and also trained to scrutinize applications especially coming from nigeria where majority have intention to migrate under the guise of study.

So please, ensure you choose programs that you have an extensive work or study( if you just graduated) in. By so doing, it will be an easy sail for you when your case is being reviewed and you meet other requirements for a study permit.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Career change is a calculated risk, it can surely go either ways
I do not think "calculated risk" is anything to go with for canadian visa officers. An applicant MUST show and prove that he/she is a genuine student and that the primary intention is to study. The purpose of visit must reflect this singular intent. There is no two ways about it. The visa application stage is the 'nose-gate'

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Austinpee4:
Hey guys, let me quickly mention this. I seem to be getting lots of questions regarding career change and time frames.

Visa officers don't use their mind to approve or refuse applications. They are guided by an ACT.( you see this mentioned in most correspondence from them) which also guide their discretion. They can be dragged to a law court if their judgement is out of these provisions. While we trust God and pray for a positive outcome, we should endeavour to CHOOSE RIGHTLY to avoid giving them any reason to test the microphone with our application. They are humans to and also trained to scrutinize applications especially coming from Nigeria where majority have intention to migrate under the guise of study.

Thanks for the info @Austin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by skylar2020(f): 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
taiwo92:
pls how much is the application fee for graduate student at windsor

About 100$
Cad $$
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by debris: 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
brothers and sisters in canny already please what are the booming graduate health care programs excluding nursing one can choose with job opportunities and good pay over there would'nt want to take off the little we have and spend it on programs without relevance or job offers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Acknowledged!

Franklin24:

thank you! @Ayoola03, please I sent you a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please.. on a scale of 100, how possible is it for an undergraduate study permit to be refused based on Purpose of Visit..? This person finished secondary school on 2010 ..and is applying for undergraduate.. Pls help @Austinpee4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
Darrelah:
Please.. on a scale of 100, how possible is it for an undergraduate study permit to be refused based on Purpose of Visit..? This person finished secondary school on 2010 ..and is applying for undergraduate.. Pls help @Austinpee4
This will be largely dependent on the explanation of the gap from 2010 till time of application. If what applicant was engaged in is tangible enough and explain the situation, i don't think there will be a problem.

Main thing is that intent is necessary for advancement rather than situational or circumstantial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 5:07am On Jul 16, 2017
Austinpee4:

There is no need for further knowledge here, you've said everything concerning both medical type of examination.

@ebby29, you'll have to wait and be instructed by CIC before you proceed for a medical examination since you applied before the test. This doesn't mean the medical examination you did is invalid.

I'm assuming you applied online for you to even have your passport to go for the medical examination. All the same, once you are instructed to proceed for the exams, reach out to the hospital you did the test and they will use the IME code generated by CIC to forward your result to them. You won't have to do the actual test again.
em biko, can you share some of your 'Ako n'uche' with me. Always on point Pee!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hallasheyi92: 6:21am On Jul 16, 2017
Hallelujah eh... Hallelujah oh... Hallelujah eh
It's a song of TRV, God's favor will speak for us IJN.

Hello House

Cheers !!!!![/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2017
hallasheyi92:
Hallelujah eh... Hallelujah oh... Hallelujah eh
It's a song of TRV, God's favor will speak for us IJN.

Hello House

Cheers !!!!!
Amen !!!!!!!!!
Mine inclusive

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2017
valenti12:

em biko, can you share some of your 'Ako n'uche' with me. Always on point Pee!
check your email, did you receive my message?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2017
CanadianNurse:
check your email, did you receive my message?
Yea, thank you Nurse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebby29: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2017
Thank you all for throwing more light on the medical, I really appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2017
Anybody going to university of sask this fall for masters in engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2017
@Jejelaye01, thanks bro. Send us wedding IV o. Make we come Rep the house. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2017
Good morning house,have been a silent reader for some months now. I just got my Waec Certificate from my school but there is mistake on my year of birth, my question is if it's compulsory to submit the Waec certificate when applying for Student Visa ? Or can I just submit the printout? Or can I just use court affidavit to back up the Waec certificate? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.