Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884314 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chybaz: 9:36am On Jul 17, 2017
debris:

What do you think about pgc pharmaceutical regulatory affairs or Pgc health informatics I actually want a relevant health program of 1 year that can offer me something good.(Am all about graduate dip/certs)

yea, its nice. Pgc health informatics holds better opportunities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 9:42am On Jul 17, 2017
wealth360:
Good day house.

This is my first post here, I have tried to read through earlier pages of this thread, you'll have been doing a great job here.

I need clarification to ascertain if I can apply for EE. Below is my profile:

I am 29 years old and single

I recently got study permit for a two years master's program (Control Systems) at University of Alberta in Canada to commence 5th of September 2017.

I am currently working in a multinational manufacturing company here in Nigeria and recently got an outstanding appraisal report that sees my pay upto NGN 550K monthly.

I have four years experience in the field of Control Systems (Automation Engineer and Instrumentation Engineer in two household name multinational firms).

If I go for the masters I would sponsor myself, and the cost is quite high. But with a PR the cost would drastically reduce.

Now the questions:

Is it possible to start the application for EE entry while I am already in Canada? (As I plan to get my transcript sent to WES before leaving for the masters program)

would you advise based on the experience of those already in Canada, I quit my job for the masters with the hope of securing a PR and good job over there?........CC @Mazuide,Austinpee4,Osemigho, Just wise and the full house. Please my friend needs advice on this.actually he posted it on EE thread. I brought it here for advice

Hello Wealth,

I am no way close to being a guru... But this is from a friend who's now a permanent resident in Canny from the PR route.

He completed his 2yrs Masters programme, got a 3-year work permit, and on the 2nd or 3rd year of working, he applied for PR, which he eventually got.

I know these things - a completed study programme (M.Sc or Ph.D) especially in Canada and work experience in Canada plus a valid Job offer in Canada shoots up the PR points of an applicant.

Just my suggestion, I feel if you follow this sequence, you will get your PR with ease.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2017
Emmane:

Hello Wealth,

I am no way close to being a guru... But this is from a friend who's not a resident in Canny from PR.

He completed his 2yrs Masters programme, got a 3-year work permit, and on the 2nd or 3rd year of working, he applied for PR, which he eventually got.

I know these things - a complete study programme (M.Sc or Ph.D) especially in Canada and work experience in Canada plus a valid Job offer in Canada shoots up the PR points of an applicant.

Just my suggestion, I feel if you follow this sequence, you will get your PR with ease.

My thoughts exactly..
I would still go ahead and study if I were him
Yes, it costs more but the long term benefits far out weigh

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ogheneese07: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2017
hello house,
I am so happy to be here. You guys have been really helpful. Unfortunately for me I stumbled on this thread late, after my visa refusal in may 2017. I have taken my time to read through it and it has indeed been very helpful. I applied for a pdg in information technology and network security at conestoga college. I have a bsc in computer science and i graduated in 2015. I currently work with the IT dept in my office. i was refused based on purpose of visit and travel history. After going through nairaland i realized that my supporting docs was really weak. I got the job immediately after my service. As of the time i applied i had only worked there for 3 months. list of docs i submitted are;

leave letter from my office
payslips
acceptance letter
virgin passport
proof of payment of tuition and accomodation

my mom was my sponsor
SOA with over 3mill
employment letter
proof of property worth over 10 mill
letter of sponsorship
I.D card
tax clearance
I intend on re applying in august for the January 2018 intake. please what do guys think i can do differently ? i plan on including an SOP, employment letter from my office. I will appreciate your input and analysis on my my situation. God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MagnaB: 10:31am On Jul 17, 2017
ogheneese07:
hello house,
I am so happy to be here. You guys have been really helpful. Unfortunately for me I stumbled on this thread late, after my visa refusal in may 2017. I have taken my time to read through it and it has indeed been very helpful. I applied for a pdg in information technology and network security at conestoga college. I have a bsc in computer science and i graduated in 2015. I currently work with the IT dept in my office. i was refused based on purpose of visit and travel history. After going through nairaland i realized that my supporting docs was really weak. I got the job immediately after my service. As of the time i applied i had only worked there for 3 months. list of docs i submitted are;

payslips
acceptance letter
virgin passport

my mom was my sponsor
SOA with over 3mill
employment letter
letter of sponsorship
I.D card
tax clearance
I intend on re applying in august for the January 2018 intake. please what do guys think i can do differently ? i plan on including an SOP, employment letter from my office. I will appreciate your input and analysis on my my situation. God bless!

Were you invited for medicals before your refusal and which route did you take? Online or paper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2017
boninho:

Of course bro, I wanted to make the request too after getting your latest reply

Alright, I have done that now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Anyone headed to vfs lekki today?

I Just received confirmation email from VAC that my document arrived some days ago. Guess I will go tomorrow. Enjoy your trip there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ogheneese07: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
[que author=MagnaB post=58539840]
No, I wasn't invited for medicals. I applied online

Were you invited for medicals before your refusal and which route did you take? Online or paper[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
jasondavidz1:
Please has anyone here who applied using the online route seen a change in their upfront medical status on the cic dashboard?

Nope!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Osemigho:

I Just received confirmation email from VAC that my document arrived some days ago. Guess I will go tomorrow. Enjoy your trip there.
collected passport already... Rain chase me comot there thanks house once again

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by osagiepetre2b(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
Good day to this great house. I am new to this platform and iam really interested in furthering my education in Canada. At present iam a graduate of the university of Benin (bsc business admin 2.2) and currently doing a masters program in Human resource management in d same institution. Most of the schools I found do not accept 2.2 and as such iam stock. Really need to get going, any ideas please and what steps do I need to take please. Your honest response is greatly needed. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by khasm(m): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
mamacajah:
@prisscindy, I think you need to step down a notch. If you are a miss know it all, then why are you here asking for help. your responses have been too unfriendly for one asking advise. @austin4pee misunderstood the angle you were coming from and your response was unfair. someone talked about UK PCC, you gave a similar response. Don't forget, most of the people here have gone through the process, been here long, gotten their study permit and even still volunteer here to answer newbies like you as they once were. Its not right that you then treat them poorly. Just my 2 cents.

I await your backlash... angry

This your response is uncalled for and not necessary.
Lets be tolerant, atleast to a very large extent.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
Anfieldboss:
Hello guys,

I'm applying for MEng at the University of Victoria for 2018 Winter. I've gotten to the submission stage and I'm required to pay $147 application fee.

Please I'll like to know the equivalent in Naira. Also can I pay with my Naira Debit MasterCard?

Where you required to secure a supervisor before submitting your M.Eng application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
CanadianNurse:
collected passport already... Rain chase me comot there thanks house once again
e pain me say I didn't see your post earlier. I dey office since dey play sebi I for come meet u. Officially resigned from work.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Anfieldboss: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
NairaSand:

Where you required to secure a supervisor before submitting your M.Eng application?

No, you don't need a supervisor for course based programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
wealth360:
e pain me say I didn't see your post earlier. I dey office since dey play sebi I for come meet u. Officially resigned from work.

It's good to know that u are taking bold steps to resign and face studies. I know some people cannot leave such jobs with such remuneration especially in this our current Nigerian economy, but something greater is always there ahead. Some of us are often times too myopic to see it.... With regards your 1st official post/query, I'm of the opinion you think towards completing your programme, get a good job and then apply for PR. You'll get it sharpenly with good PR high point. Just like that grin

Safe journey to Canny town... We dey come behind you ASAP.

#Godspeed.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ogheneese07: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
ogheneese07:
hello house,

payslips
acceptance letter
virgin passport

my mom was my sponsor
SOA with over 3mill
employment letter
letter of sponsorship
I.D card
tax clearance
I intend on re applying in august for the January 2018 intake. please what do guys think i can do differently ? i plan on including an SOP, employment letter from my office. I will appreciate your input and analysis on my my situation. How long after my refusal can I re-apply again?In my old passport i have a travel history to Dubai but i didn't include it becos i felt Dubai visas are not really considered. I plan on including it in my next application. I have a 3rd class in computer science, i feel including my statement of result will ruin my chances. What do u guys think ? Btw i am 25 years old and will be 26 next year. Is that a good age to apply for pdg... PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS GUYS !! KINDLY ASSIST !! GOD BLESS

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Chebe01: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hey

I did exactly what you are hoping to do and my PR came out a couple of months ago. I am currently here as a PhD candidate and applied for my PR before arriving. if you calculate your score using the CRS tool and your points are high enough, you should apply asap. considering that you're a self-sponsored student, a PR would do you good (no restrictions on working and studying, lower tuition, ability to take up student loan if needed, provincial medical coverage, etc).

wealth360:
Good day house.

This is my first post here, I have tried to read through earlier pages of this thread, you'll have been doing a great job here.

I recently got study permit for a two years master's program (Control Systems) at University of Alberta in Canada to commence 5th of September 2017.

I am currently working in a multinational manufacturing company here in Nigeria and recently got an outstanding appraisal report that sees my pay upto NGN 550K monthly.

I have four years experience in the field of Control Systems (Automation Engineer and Instrumentation Engineer in two household name multinational firms).

If I go for the masters I would sponsor myself, and the cost is quite high. But with a PR the cost would drastically reduce.

Now the questions:

Is it possible to start the application for EE entry while I am already in Canada? (As I plan to get my transcript sent to WES before leaving for the masters program)

would you advise based on the experience of those already in Canada, I quit my job for the masters with the hope of securing a PR and good job over there?........CC @Mazuide,Austinpee4,Osemigho, Just wise and the full house. Please my friend needs advice on this.actually he posted it on EE thread. I brought it here for advice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cecechi: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
hello everyone, please who here has applied to university of alberta and was offered admission in public health or if you know anyone please tell me. thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Emmane:

It's good to know that u are taking bold steps to resign and face studies. I know some people cannot leave such jobs with such remuneration especially in this our current Nigerian economy, but something greater is always there ahead. Some of us are often times too myopic to see it.... With regards your 1st official post/query, I'm of the opinion you think towards completing your programme, get a good job and then apply for PR. You'll get it sharpenly with good PR high point. Just like that grin

Safe journey to Canny town... We dey come behind you ASAP.

#Godspeed.....
Thanks @emmane. Actually the post was asked on behalf of a friend. Am not the one earning 550k ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cecechi: 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
wealth360:
Good day house.

Now the questions:

hey, please i would like to ask you questions about university of alberta, please can you send me your email address so that i can talk to you from there. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sirjp: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sirjp:
I submitted my study permit application for fall 2017 on the 5th of this month. What are my chances??.

Please oo, undergraduate, psychology, STMU Calgary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cecechi: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
wealth360:
Thanks @emmane. Actually the post was asked on behalf of a friend. Am not the one earning 550k ooooo.
oh ok, can i have your friends email, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
wealth360:

Thought as much. I saw the same post in "the other room" with a completely different moniker.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
Emmane:

Hello Wealth,

I am no way close to being a guru... But this is from a friend who's now a permanent resident in Canny from the PR route.

I know these things - a completed study programme (M.Sc or Ph.D) especially in Canada and work experience in Canada plus a valid Job offer in Canada shoots up the PR points of an applicant.

Just my suggestion, I feel if you follow this sequence, you will get your PR with ease

Please gurus here please help me out.
What are my options for PR if all I have is a one year LLM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
Please any guru in the house who can help review my SOP for M.Eng application. Thank you in anticipation.

Please kindly P.M me so I can send it you via mail ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Osemigho:

Thought as much. I saw the same post in "the other room" with a completely different moniker.
Ehen Ehen una don dey understand me now. Not for me but my guy that need advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by masciano77: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi guys,

My application has been approved
Applied 29th of April Online
Msc Economucs and finance University of Guelph
Medical mail: 23/06/2017
Medical passed: 12/07/2017
Application approved/ passport request: today the 17th of July 2017.

Please guys where do I address my passport to? To all the TRV hopefully, just keep on praying and be hopeful because yours is just close by.

41 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
khasm:

This your response is uncalled for and not necessary.
Lets be tolerant, atleast to a very large extent.

Thanks for your observation.
However this has been overtaken by other events, when next you want to respond, ensure you do due deligence and not try to restart what has been settled.

Also, you could have responded to her requests but instead, you decided to respond to my comment. If I start this one nah, I will be just like you..so I will waka pass.

And incase you want to continue this discourse, I bid you farewell oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.