Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,426 members, 7,826,659 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (882385 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 10:00am On Jul 20, 2017
CPA01:

Thanks for your response. When exactly did you apply? Was it paper or online route?
I applied March 3rd paper route...got medical mail last week Tuesday medical has been done and showed passed in 3 days later still hoping for the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:04am On Jul 20, 2017
amnotapervert:
I applied March 3rd paper route...got medical mail last week Tuesday medical has been done and showed passed in 3 days later still hoping for the best

Thanks bro. I dey follow you for back

All the best.

MCID
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2017
CPA01:

Applied April 25. My second application.

When did you get the result for the first application?

Your application might not need to be screened for Security check if you've passed it before (Depends on when you got a verdict on your last app).

Another explanation could be that you have passed the eligibility review and they are waiting for the result of the background check before they would update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abiriba: 10:34am On Jul 20, 2017
Hello house,please I need help with linking paper application to online account.kindly state the process and stages involved.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2017
Abdon01:

I stated The 19000CAD there

I saw it.
You stated 19000...

The Vo might have thought you only got funding for first year and that you might have to work to fund the second here.

If your program is 2 years, in the place for available funding, (if you are funded for 2 years) put the total amount for 2 years+ any amount you might have received from sponsors.

That way, the issue of funding is covered.

Just my opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 10:41am On Jul 20, 2017
Osemigho:

Tell us what you wrote in available funds on a major CIC form. I believe you that is where your mistake is.

At submission, I had just 600k in my account (including 300k transferred by bank-to-bank from my dad) and my dad(who wrote a letter of support for me, not letter of sponsorship) had 1.2m.

Tell me how you tackled finance. I dey vex for you. lol

Boss,

You get eagle eye oh abi na mind sef.

As you dey vex so, make i just queue for your back follow vex for the boss sef.

I second you sha, the way he tackled the finance aspect might have been the issue.

Thank God his funding is still intact even if he defers. Na that one give me joy pass.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=Ikpaarmstrong post=58631907]

Is it a diploma programme?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jacksonyito: 11:07am On Jul 20, 2017
Ekesbaba1:

Still waiting for sincere comments please,,,,

with the little i read about you, i would suggest you get your gre done first especially if ur course is requiring a high gre score. so u don't end up using money to send and not meeting gre requirement. I am not being pessimistic, just saying, because i had to write gmat 3 times in 6 months before i could get the score i wanted.

or better still contact your department,,from my experience, they re always ready to help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2017
Damolux01:
Will i need to show any proof of fund in my account or that of my sponsor too? Again...From your research...The cheap schools here have their tuitions in what range...? Thanks.
ur sponsor's statement of account will be needed but if u are working it means u will also include urs (to be on a safer side). memorial university, university of Saskatchewan is also cheap but u will have to research urself to see if they have ur intended program. Do more research to know more ( Google is ur friend bro)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2017
jacksonyito:

with the little i read about you, i would suggest you get your gre done first especially if ur course is requiring a high gre score. so u don't end up using money to send and not meeting gre requirement. I am not being pessimistic, just saying, because i had to write gmat 3 times in 6 months before i could get the score i wanted.

or better still contact your department,,from my experience, they re always ready to help.
Please is it possible to get GRE material from you? As i am preparing to write one. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jacksonyito: 11:24am On Jul 20, 2017
Adesire1:

Please is it possible to get GRE material from you? As i am preparing to write one. Thank you

its gmat materials i ve bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by petlaz: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2017
maziude:

I saw it.
You stated 19000...

The Vo might have thought you only got funding for first year and that you might have to work to fund the second here.

If your program is 2 years, in the place for available funding, (if you are funded for 2 years) put the total amount for 2 years+ any amount you might have received from sponsors.

That way, the issue of funding is covered.

Just my opinion though.
Thank you maziude, with this information above make me feel happy. I am very clear with this information about tickling funding section.
It will surely end in praise. One love everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 11:43am On Jul 20, 2017
Wait o.. Please o.. Are we supposed to indicate a rejected admission too? I wasn't denied visa tho... Pls reply.. I get goosebumps allover right now.. Sad##

brave1773:
Good morning everyone. I am really worried about what i got yesterday. It wasn't denial nor delay. is all about Misinterpretation

On the current application form, you indicate that you were refused a visa to Canada. However, you do not declare that you have ever been refused a visa, admission, or been ordered to leave any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the US in 2009, 2010, 2011.
i clearly stated that i was refused visa even with the reasons. i didn't not pay for my SEVIS fee. I was surprised that i got the mail yesterday. @Austineep, MichV, Osemigho, Cannynurse. You people should save a brother here.
Thanks so much as i wait to hear from you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abdon01(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2017
maziude:

Boss,

You get eagle eye oh abi na mind sef.

As you dey vex so, make i just queue for your back follow vex for the boss sef.

I second you sha, the way he tackled the finance aspect might have been the issue.

Thank God his funding is still intact even if he defers. Na that one give me joy pass.

Actually, concerning the financial availability I wrote there($19k) a friend in University of Alberta ask me to fill it like that. He said that was how he filled his own and his visa was approved.

All observations duly noted, thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Good day House, am so happy for this thread... I have a lot of questions to ask.
1.As a graduate of mass communication, is there a possibility of me getting admitted into a Canadian university to study Human resources Management as a Masters program?
2. Without being employed can i still bé granted admission? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
Darrelah:
Wait o.. Please o.. Are we supposed to indicate a rejected admission too? I wasn't denied visa tho... Pls reply.. I get goosebumps allover right now.. Sad##

Not admission but visa rejections only. He was denied US visa and the vo said he didn't mention it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good morning gud ppl in the house, My application is almost 8 weeks now n information about biometrics still shows we do not need your biometrics...... I applied via paper route. Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sigh of relief.... I Don fear.. I saw Admission ni.. Thanks.. God bless you bro

mcobex:
Not
admission but visa rejections only. He was denied US visa and the vo said he didn't mention it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good morning gud ppl in the house, My application is almost 8 weeks now n information about biometrics still shows we do not need your biometrics...... I applied via paper route. Is this normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
deolutolu:
Good morning gud ppl in the house, My application is almost 8 weeks now n information about biometrics still shows we do not need your biometrics...... I applied via paper route. Is this normal?
very normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rubbies22: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
Kenvalid:
I just collected my passport from VSF today after 10 weeks of application and the purpose of my denial was travel history and purpose of traveling which I have already addressed before now because that's was the same reasons they gave the first time I applied . Now a friend is advising me to review my application or appeal by writing to CIC . Please Gurus hear should help on what to do because I feel the whole world is falling on me now as I type this now. Thanks
Hi sometime the refusal reasons were wat they just ticked, I suggest to request for the detailed reason, where you can see the main reason before you re-apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Darrelah:

Admission in this context is when your are turned back at point of entry I.e inadmissible (INAD). This can be for multiple reasons.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
cnonwnuwsp17:

When did you get the result for the first application?

Your application might not need to be screened for Security check if you've passed it before (Depends on when you got a verdict on your last app).

Another explanation could be that you have passed the eligibility review and they are waiting for the result of the background check before they would update.

Applied Oct 13 2016 and got refused Jan 10 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thanks.. Happy!

Yomalicious:

Admission in this context is when your are turned back at point of entry I.e inadmissible (INAD). This can be for multiple reasons.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
Adesire1:

Hello Adesire1, PM me, I can help u with some links where u can download free materials.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Abdon01:

Actually, concerning the financial availability I wrote there($19k) a friend in University of Alberta ask me to fill it like that. He said that was how he filled his own and his visa was approved.

All observations duly noted, thanks guys
bros just order gcms and see through the VO's eyes/mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by karoonaoc: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello fellow nairalanders
Please who knows the next stages after medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
Adunni22:
Hi guys for some reasons been having issues posting. I had to create a new moniker.

First Application (online route)-> 31st may 2017
I applied from the USA and only submitted relevant documents no SOP. Just the following
1. Family information form
2. Study permit application form
3. Passport bio data page (just this page no visa pages or stamped pages)

Refused on June 16th based on
1. Immigration status in country of residence
2. Purpose of visit

I read up about the immigration status issue but I believed I knew the reason why I was denied.I made a very silly mistake especially with my length of stay in my country of residence on my study permit application form.
I was in the USA as an undergraduate student at that time. I therefore put USA as my current country of residence.
So I was asked how long I would be in the USA and I put from August 2013 to may 31st 2017 and I submitted my application on may 31st.
I also chose the USA as the country I am applying from.
So I believe the VISA officer probably thought I was over staying in the USA.
Also I was switching from biomedical engineering to electrical engineering and I didn't state reason for the switch and how both programs are related. Hence, the purpose of visit concern from visa officer. I decided to address this in my SOP.
What the VISA officer didn't know about me is I got an extension of my student immigration status even after graduation because I had an incomplete class I needed to finish.
However, I decided to wait and finish the class and just go apply from Ghana since that's where I am from anyways.
I finished the class on 26th June and left the USA on 27th June.

Second Application (online route)-> July 4th 2017
1.I added an SOP stating that I was previously denied based on purpose of visit and immigration status in country of residence.
In the SOP I address both concerns in great details and provided supporting documents.
2. Letter from my professor justifying that I did have an incomplete grade and was finishing
it up.
3. Letter from international student stating I have maintained my student status since I started school.
4. My form DS 2019 (USA student immigration document)
5. My transcript
6. Letter of completion of all degree requirements. It also stated when my degree would be conferred.
7. Passport with all visa pages and stamps
8. Proof of finances
9. Conditional letter of acceptance from McGill University
10. Proof that I met the conditions of acceptance
11. Upfront medical form
12. CAQ certificate

On July 17th(13days after application), my application was updated and I didn't get any email. The review of eligibility changed to we are reviewing your eligibility
On July 18th(2 weeks after my application) I got a medical request.
I sent a case inquiry form stating I did an upfront medical.
On July 19th (15 days after application) medical changed to passed and I got a passport request at the same time.
What I think helped was the detailed SOP addresing the VISA officers concerns I provided. I also added documents to support what I had written on my SOP.
I prayed fervently.
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread.
To those who reached out to me, Be aware that I got your emails and I would reply soonest.
Please if you any more questions feel free to ask.
Thank you

Congrats @Adunni22 @Adunni222. Kindly explain more on ur proof of finances. did you pay tuition for a whole year? are u self sponsored? if no, what's d relationship between u and ur sponsor? what were the conditions on the letter of acceptance from McGill?

Rgds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
Freshestc:
Good day House, am so happy for this thread... I have a lot of questions to ask.
1.As a graduate of mass communication, is there a possibility of me getting admitted into a Canadian university to study Human resources Management as a Masters program?
2. Without being employed can i still bé granted admission? Thanks
It depends on the school's requirement, ask them. However i'll say if you don't have at least (3)years work experience in HRM, don't go for it cos possibility that your visa will be denied is very high. To be on the safe side go for a communication related course.
Admission solely depends on the school, some do not require work experience just academics. If your gap isn't too wide, i think you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
For those that submitted applications for study permit beyond June 17th , please know on time that you might defer your admission

For those refused, kindly repackage

For those waiting, kindly exercise more patience

For those granted, kindly book your flight

It's ending in Praises

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
Patience has been my name since April 28th, I am still waiting
bluegirl080115:
For those that submitted applications for study permit beyond June 17th , please know on time that you might defer your admission

For those refused, kindly repackage

For those waiting, kindly exercise more patience

For those granted, kindly book your flight

It's ending in Praises

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.