Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879510 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:

Yomalicious. Pls can u help me with booking details.
ASAP

Sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2017
While I await approval, I want to ask this question. The clothes to wear in Canada, would it be better to buy the clothes here in Nigeria or over there in Canada? Cost-wise and Convenience-Wise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2017
DereI:
Lol @ the categorization.

Ghanastu

Calastu

Caagstu

They will soon create a thread : GHANSTU TRV APPLICANTS.

Lol

Good morning all

@derel the earlier we realise that GHANSTU is fast the better for us. Ok if people would cooperate let's take statistics on those that passed the processing times. You would c it's mostly CALASTU.

And let those with GHANSTU that have gotten response tell us their processing time. It's usually less than the proposed processing times.

Oya let's take statistics then we can now predict when application would be attended to.

Just a researcher oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

Sure

I would also need the booking details, for when my visa will be approved. I am going to Dalhousie too!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:26am On Jul 26, 2017
McOsheBaba:
While I await approval, I want to ask this question. The clothes to wear in Canada, would it be better to buy the clothes here in Nigeria or over there in Canada? Cost-wise and Convenience-Wise?

If you are travelling this summer no need to buy from here. In Canada you can get really cheap jackets and warmers at outlet malls. Most times what they regard as thick here is a serious learner when you experience winter in canny.

My opinion doe

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

@derel the earlier we realise that GHANSTU is fast the better for us. Ok if people would cooperate let's take statistics on those that passed the processing times. You would c it's mostly CALASTU.

And let those with GHANSTU that have gotten response tell us their processing time. It's usually less than the proposed processing times.

Oya let's take statistics then we can now predict when application would be attended to.

Just a researcher oh

Lol. This is like paper route vs online route right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

If you are travelling this summer no need to buy from here. In Canada you can get really cheap jackets and warmers at outlet malls. Most times what they regard as thick here is a serious learner when you experience winter in canny.

My opinion doe

Oh! Thank you plenty much, my dear! I don't want to carry plenty load on that day but I want to spend less. So, clothes are relatively cheaper in Canada then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

My opinion doe
Actually you still need a jacket. Not necessarily the very thick ones sha. This is needed especially if you have never been to a country with a colder temperatures. Weather is still around 15-25 degrees which is cold for a typical Nigerian. So a light jacket will do for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Congrats! Dalhousie is a mighty fine place and the best among the ones you applied and refused to take you. What did the conditional letter of acceptance say? what were the condition(s) and what did you do to clear it? Interesting that CIC wrote you to request an unconditional acceptance.
I was given admission on providing English test score.well. I just draft a letter containing letter headed of my undergraduate uni. Saying i was thought in english and all.
Den I wrote back to Dalhousie University for English test waiver.
Normally. Nigeria is an english speaking country. Official language. Thats all i did bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2017
likeababygirl:

Actually you still need a jacket. Not necessarily the very thick ones sha. This is needed especially if you have never been to a country with a colder temperatures. Weather is still around 15-25 degrees which is cold for a typical Nigerian. So a light jacket will do for now.

Great. Thank you for your apt contribution. So, I'd definitely have to get at least a jacket before going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2017
Who is going to Halifax, NS in August? I won't mind a travel partner as it is a long flight. Please let me know. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2017
McOsheBaba:

Great. Thank you for your apt contribution. So, I'd definitely have to get at least a jacket before going?
To be on the safe side, Yes. So you won't come out of the airport and start shivering. You will be prepared for whatever you meet. While at it, get a pair of socks too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2017
McOsheBaba:

Oh! Thank you plenty much, my dear! I don't want to carry plenty load on that day but I want to spend less. So, clothes are relatively cheaper in Canada then?

If you have a sweater and jeans jacket it's ok for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Beyy: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2017
Hmmmm. Cic please attend to June applicants...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bronze25(f): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=ibbravura post=58837770]Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.
Firstly. We give adorations. Supplications to Almighty.
Hw perfect is He who perfects the unperfect.
Its not about how you're great with pen.
But its just the Grace that overshadows all.
Yhur skills with pen is just a plus. Not the determinant of success.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Request for unconditional offer letter by cic on 4th May
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Congratulations! It will end in praise for us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2017
likeababygirl:
Who is going to Halifax, NS in August? I won't mind a travel partner as it is a long flight. Please let me know. Thanks.

When my visa is approved, I would be going to Halifax, NS, towards the end of August.
I hope we ca fly together. grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Voltie: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys. Please add me to list of trv hopefuls. Online application submitted 31/05/17 . Received medical mail this morning 26/7/17. MUN MBA fall session.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by isetoluwase: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2017
Good morning everyone,

please do i need to submit study permit questionnaire (IMM 5832E) and sign IMM 1294 if applying online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2017
Darrelah:
Guys.. Almost 16weeks in four days.. This is what I see.. Pls Is it possible for them to Deny after all this delay
Online or paper?
when did you apply? Seems like we in same shoes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2017
I guess online calastu applicants entered one chance with CIC

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:40am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:

Course based.
Not on scholarship
I havent paid tuition yet
They didnt contact my work place.

Congratulations boss. Have you received a mail from them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2017
Voltie:
Hi guys. Please add me to list of trv hopefuls. Online application submitted 31/05/17 . Received medical mail this morning 26/7/17. MUN MBA fall session.

Wow!!... is yours CALASTU??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

I'm also going for the same school. PM me let's talk
done bro..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dtush(f): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2017
Please guys, dont skip this. Help me torch light this matter

dtush:

Good morning house,

My younger brother recently applied for admission for Computer Science. I am the sole sponser for his programme as well as his legal guardian since our parents are late. He is 17 years old

In preparation for his student visa application,

I just wanted to be sure on the documents i will need to make available.

My yearly package from work is about 10m, i want to know if i should include that as well as reference from my HR at work

I dont believe in leaving cash fallow in a savings account so my funds are tied up in different near cash instruments such as tbill and Money market funds with an investment company. So my bank account is just for day to day transactions and receiving my salary. So in this case will proof of my tbills as well as statement of account from the investment firm suffice. The investment firms are well known in Nigeria

Also, how much will i need to have? his school fees and feeding e.t.c, will be max of say 6m per annum based on the schools we chose.

Also, our parents had a building. which is worth about 12 to 15m. I was thinking me and my siblings can all swear an affidavit, saying worst case scenario, the asset can be disposed to fund his education

Also, i have a side business, not a registered company or anything. Just that i get contracts to supply various things and get paid, which i make an average of say 200k from monthly

Kindly advice on how i can package all this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Congratulations in advance!!
Voltie:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2017
CALASTU applicants...
what have we done ooo.. this is getting frustrating chai... 18weeks no be beans ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2017
I'm telling you. No be small matter
LightandDarkness:
I guess online calastu applicants entered one chance with CIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

Just a researcher oh

Am GHANSTU ...I have been praying and hoping for that approval mail since Oct 2016. Trv neva show
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2017
This is not fair, we all have same intentions. They would have just flagged that online applications isn't treated for applicants from this part of the world. How can someone apply since March/April 28 with upfront medical yet no details of medical status updated. We were billed higher and online is suppose to be faster. One thing is clear here, their actions are deliberate!

Sweeping some applications under the carpet is corruption. Lol! Joke apart, some applications have stayed beyond waiting period yet they are not attended.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2017
CPA01:

Congratulations boss. Have you received a mail from them?

Nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2017
maralina:
CALASTU applicants...
what have we done ooo.. this is getting frustrating chai... 18weeks no be beans ooo

Hmmm. Guess you guys (CALASTU applicants) should send an email to the relevant parties about this development. You can use an unknown email if you don't want to be the sacrificial lamb. Treat as urgent and get it fixed as soon as possible

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2017
Abiodunne:

Am GHANSTU ...I have been praying and hoping for that approval mail since Oct 2016. Trv neva show
Jesu!!!... Since October?? Almost 10months..
haba nah, this is too much abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.