Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878117 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:02am On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=oluwaCanny post=54662432]

Please need answers for this question @trv doc, Osemigho, nelly, aliacca, wealth360, Folaroyal, Eraytee etc[/quote

dere is a section in d application study form where u ve, have u ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? tip d yes box and for d space top were dey said please provide details. attach ur refuser letters to your application, so in dat space, jst write "Yes please see enclosed "

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by teehey: 12:12am On Mar 17, 2017
Good morning great people in the house. is it possible for one to start visa app for fall 2017 when admission has not been granted(still showing, ready for review).. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 17, 2017
teehey:
Good morning great people in the house. is it possible for one to start visa app for fall 2017 when admission has not been granted(still showing, ready for review).. thank you
Letter of acceptance is required, what will you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:01am On Mar 17, 2017
teehey:

If you're confident of your application for admission, you may very well start to gather your supporting documents to accompany your visa application. However, you cannot submit your visa application without a valid acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada. It is the acceptance letter that makes you eligible to apply for a study permit in the first instance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 4:42am On Mar 17, 2017
Adekunmi92:

N28,050

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 5:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Pls House, will my my passport validity determines the duration of TRV that will be approved? I have less than 1 yr on my passport and I have two yr diploma course.

Immigration said they don't renew passport above six months validity.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:55am On Mar 17, 2017
oluwaCanny:

Please need answers for this question @trv doc, Osemigho, nelly, aliacca, wealth360, Folaroyal, Eraytee etc

Someone answered you. I don't know much about Visa for now and believe the answer you have is OK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Betty19: 6:43am On Mar 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

please I will appreciate any useful information. My brother applied for his visa on the 1st of feburary for his masters at memorial university through paper route. He did an upfront medical immediately his application was sent in. We just got an pdate few days ago that his passport has been dispatched.. We are kind of scared it may go both ways due to the speed in which a decision was made. Anyone been in the same situation should please give an advise. I know we should be patient until the passport arrives but I just wanted to ask this honorable forum members all the same. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 7:02am On Mar 17, 2017
oluwaCanny:

Please need answers for this question @trv doc, Osemigho, nelly, aliacca, wealth360, Folaroyal, Eraytee etc

You should tick yes and provide in d space below it the refusal reason being insufficient funds. Then do attach the refusal letter to ur application materials. About ur US refusal, that I don't know, others with an idea should point out something. Since u didn't declare that in ur previous application makes it confusing for me to give u an answer to that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 7:15am On Mar 17, 2017
Betty19:
Hello everyone,

please I will appreciate any useful information. My brother applied for his visa on the 1st of feburary for his masters at memorial university through paper route. He did an upfront medical immediately his application was sent in. We just got an pdate few days ago that his passport has been dispatched.. We are kind of scared it may go both ways due to the speed in which a decision was made. Anyone been in the same situation should please give an advise. I know we should be patient until the passport arrives but I just wanted to ask this honorable forum members all the same. smiley

Just as u have rightly said, u can only be hopeful. Assuming the applicant linked the app online u would probably know how far by now. Recently we just noticed the speed at which applications are being processed by CIC wch is a good one though they still have the 17wks processing time on their website. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 17, 2017
oluwaCanny:

You ONLY require a YES tick on the box that asked "if you have been refused visas/permit... of Canada or any other country.

The explanation box will not take more than 2 lines of a sentence... So you have to input a very brief (summarized) reason; which in most cases for US applicants you may not really know, ..... even the refusal paper will usually not carry a reason!........
you may still however attach the paper and note in box as 'proof attached'.

The third box should be a NO unless you have applied to CIC anytime in the past.... either granted or refused.

Pls be careful about this!!!!..... The notice is now boldly pasted in the VAC offices since our desperations have shot the frequency of misrepresentation to unimaginable levels! And you must have noticed CIC has not been granting pardon on these cases in the recent times.
Good luck all!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2017
@yemdogg, austinpee4, osemigho, folaroyal, cannyzionist, trv nurse....pls check your mail, i just PM you. Please help me review my sop. My mail address damiefa***gmail.com. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 17, 2017
obaxlove:
Pls House, will my my passport validity determines the duration of TRV that will be approved? I have less than 1 yr on my passport and I have two yr diploma course.

Immigration said they don't renew passport above six months validity.
You should always be specific to get required answers... You did not tell how many months you have left!
With this info ...you actually are left with few options....
1. You wait until its 6 months to expiry before you renew and apply.
2. You apply as is and hope your visa is approved... All you need is a TRV to enter Canada.. The duration does not matter at this stage!
* note the processing times though as your passport may expire while still with the embassy!
3. Which is mostly advised... Apply online and hope the 6 months to reach before a passport request/decision is made.
* note also that you will need to include a LoE with your passport submission (if requested) since you will be dropping with the new one inclusive!
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 17, 2017
Dunna:
Pls house. I am applying for study visa and wish to travel with my wife and 3 kids of below 6yrs. Do my kids need to do medicals. I intend to submit my online application together with medical ?
2. Contemplating between paper and online application?
Please I am a first timer. Going with the family or inving them few month later have been a hard decision to make . Pls advice. I have the financial requirements
Hnnmm... wife and 3 kids... well, it's not an impossible task as we have seen such approval (one to be precise) .... as i read from part 1...

But really, what will your family and economic ties be!?.. Jus wondering ooo.
Let's hope that meeting the financial criteria may override some other key determining factors .... Like the ties.

On medicals; pls expect that your kids will be asked to do one.... The only differences are some particular test exceptions (blood, xray nd co)... I hope this helps.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 8:48am On Mar 17, 2017
Folaroyal:

You ONLY require a YES tick on the box that asked "if you have been refused visas/permit... of Canada or any other country.

The explanation box will not take more than 2 lines of a sentence... So you have to input a very brief (summarized) reason; which in most cases for US applicants you may not really know, ..... even the refusal paper will usually not carry a reason!........
you may still however attach the paper and note in box as 'proof attached'.

The third box should be a NO unless you have applied to CIC anytime in the past.... either granted or refused.

Pls be careful about this!!!!..... The notice is now boldly pasted in the VAC offices since our desperations have shot the frequency of misrepresentation to unimaginable levels! And you must have noticed CIC has not been granting pardon on these cases in the recent times.
Good luck all!!

Thank yu very much for the swift reponse guys (including nelly,Osemigho, Eraytee)

For the third box i applied to CIC and was refused based on insufficient funds in november.

I cannot find my US refusal letter, so in this what do i write there please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2017
yemdogg:

I think Eraytee has given you the best advice there is.

Apply first, and when you get your trv approved, you'd apply for the rest of your family.

Use your family in nigeria as hometie.
Thank you Sir. Please, what type of visa will I be applying 4 my children? Visiting or study? I know hubby's own will b a visiting visa since he will not b staying back in Canada... Tnxalot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2017
penitential:
With all this, I will say that YOU CAN'T APPLY TO GO WITH THEM ALL. Your risk your App been refused on family ties.
Note that your husband has a good job, and writing to the embassy that he's coming back does not always fly with the V.Os.
My advice to you is that you should apply for your TRV alone first while you use you husband as home ties.
Applying with your kids may delay your app for a longer time.
Sir, please, what category of visa will I b applying for my children after I get my TRV? Visiting or study?.. tnxalot Chairman
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2017
CannyZionist:

While I agree with what others have said, I got the below for you, though it was the applicant's husband who applied for Spouser Open Work Permit (SOWP) while his wife was studying in Canada.

Read carefully and I hope it guides you

My God that breaks palm kernel like an egg.
I give God all the glory… Thank God for His faithfulness and Love.
I got our Visa approvals some hours ago.

I submitted my SOWP application with my 2 kids (ages 5 and 3) through Paper route
On 20th of June 2016
Medical call: 2nd July 2016
Medicals done: 8th of July
Medicals passed: I didn’t know when we passed the medicals bcuz I tried linking my account for weeks to no avail.
Approval mail: 9th September 2016
Documents submitted:
• Serious Prayers!
• All CIC forms
• Letter of Introduction/Consent from my wife
• Study permit she got at POE
• Wifes Data page
• Wifeys Canadian Visa Page
• Letter of support from the university , Stating my wife is a student there, fully funded and she needs her family (optional and it depends on your spouse HOD or skol, some don’t give)
• Unconditional letter of admission from the university.
• Photocopy of student id card
• Wifeys employment letter within the university
• Wifeys bank statement both Nigerian and Canadian

My Documents
• SOP (thanks Huzzie)
• Kids NPC birth Certificates
• My CV with my certificates
• Police Character Certificate (Expired 4 days before I submitted)
• Car particulars
• Marriage Certificate
• Appointment letter
• Reference letter from my office
• Letter of explanation
• Bank Statements
• Siblings Birth certificates

God is truly good..
Just believe, Pray, Fast most importantly have faith bigger than a mustard seed.

Thanks to JessicaJessa who told me about SOWP.
Thanks to Rex.. I have forgotten his NL name but we chat thru BBM.
Thanks to Huzzie.. I could have submitted my application without an SOP.. bcuz I submiited my wifes application without an SOP.

Glory be to God
my on the way !!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by o2(f): 10:16am On Mar 17, 2017
Osemigho:

When you combine all our opinions, you may become very confused.

Stick with very few for initial review and ask for others opinion on the reviewed version.

That way, you have a direction to focus on, and not multiple directions.

Thank you @ Osemigbo. I really appreciate, but i just feel since its a review i will bring it all together and work on it, its not like everyones opinion will be put to use at ones, I will weigh it all and take proper dressing . But to avoid confusion. will start with few.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 10:37am On Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys, I am looking to submit my student visa app by the end of this month, but i have few questions.

1)my major sponsor's Intl passport is expired and she is not looking to get it renewed anytime soon. Is it OK to include it in my application like that?

2) do I have to book for upfront medicals or do I just visit the designated medical practitioner at working hours?

3) which route is most adviceable, paper/online?

4) Can I get an experienced person to help review my app before submission?

This forum as saved me money....Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the rich Info's we have here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Uchethonia(f): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2017
Hello!!

I just recently started considering getting my masters degree in Canada. I have been going through this thread and other websites but I must admit that it has been quite confusing with a lot of terms I don't understand.

I want to get a grip on this thing. My profile is this:

Second class upper degree in Engineering and I am considering oil and gas engineering or environmental sciences.

Please help me understand the processes involved. Thank you o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2017
These are a few accronyms and definition that I know. Pls quote me if I am wrong(m learning too). Additions r welcomed

Trv: temporary resident visa
Sop: statement of purpose
Soa: statement of account
Sowp: spousal open work permit
LOE: letter of explanation
POE: ?
CIC: Canadian immigration council
V.O: visa officer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 11:32am On Mar 17, 2017
Austinpee4:

If both of you bear same surname, you can add your birth certificates, his/hers..If non exist, don't forget to add an affidavit of sponsorship and a letter stating why he/she is sponsoring you.

Bro Austin would like to contact you please...you can pm me for your number or email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2017
tobyharwe:
These are a few accronyms and definition that I know. Pls quote me if I am wrong(m learning too). Additions r welcomed

POE: Point of Entry
CIC: Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
If your children are minor (under 19 in some provinces and under 18 in other provinces as well) and they're in visiting visa in Canada, they're free to study without study permit in nursery primary or secondary.
But if they're still in nigeria, you can apply for study permit for them also to study in Canada.
uso84:
Sir, please, what category of visa will I b applying for my children after I get my TRV? Visiting or study?.. tnxalot Chairman

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2017
thanks. the medical condition is not a serious one oh. He just had seizure once and he is on medication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
tobyharwe:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC) now rebranded as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Spiritualgal: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good day All,

Did anyone apply to Thompson Rivers University, and have you heard anything from them? I have been expecting their response since but nothing is forthcoming.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
Spiritualgal:
Good day All,

Did anyone apply to Thompson Rivers University, and have you heard anything from them? I have been expecting their response since but nothing is forthcoming.
yes...nothing from them yetooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
penitential:
If your children are minor (under 19 in some provinces and under 18 in other provinces as well) and they're in visiting visa in Canada, they're free to study without study permit in nursery primary or secondary.
But if they're still in nigeria, you can apply for study permit for them also to study in Canada.
very well appreciated Sir...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ensolo: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hi. I need to make an enquiry as i am pretty confused. I was refused spousal open work permit twice (my wife studies in canada). Refusal reason are family ties, work experience and not sure to return back to home country. I got an admission and i am considering reapplying for study permit. Any advice or suggestion is welcome please.
yemdogg:
Now that part 12 is here.....

No more refusals or delays,

No more admission rejections,

Most importantly, in this new part, God will take away the spirit and the temptation of submitting forged documents and misrepresentation. Whether mistake or deliberate !

We shall receive plenty of good news in this part.

For those who are about to apply, please do not rush to submit. Take your time, gather and arrange your documents meticulously, seek a 2nd and 3rd opinion about every decision you take regarding your study permit application. When people tell you their opinion, listen and reflect on them. Don't be clouded by your sentiments. It takes you nowhere.

For those who have succeeded in securing their study permit, please and please don't run away, stay and pick up your brothers and sisters. We need you now more than ever.

Justwise, thesoj, MichV, Folaroyal, penitential, osemigho, Austinpee4 and others that I didn't mention, God bless you yafunyafun for your persistency and consistency and your unquenchable drive to always assist and provide support for new members. I am proud of you all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.