Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband (756 Views)

Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / How Do U Handle This Prophetic Message As A Xtian? / Who Is A Xtian Woman - Intro (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
Sarah called Abraham Lord.
Sarah gave suggestion on child birth to sleep with bondwoman, Abraham took it.
Sarah told Abraham cast out the bondwoman and her son, Abraham would not, God commanded Abraham 'listen to your wife'
Whats your own view? Does submission of a xtian woman have limits?
Share your thoughts for 'iron sharpeneth iron'
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by zionmade(m): 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
I have no view as long as it is clearly written in the new testament the word of God is the final auhority.
God is not a democrat and he hates democracy in Christian's relationship with him
Wen God says a thing, take it dat way without reasoning dat is called total trust and submission to God
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
zionmade:
I have no view as long as it is clearly written in the new testament the word of God is the final auhority.
God is not a democrat and he hates democracy in Christian's relationship with him
Wen God says a thing, take it dat way without reasoning dat is called total trust and submission to God
Thank you and I love your firmness to stand with Jesus and His word...Thats where I stand also, nothing moves me.
So do we conclude that submission to the husband is sacrosanct? What can wives do to correct a believing husband who isnt in Gods perfect on a particular issue?
Rem Abigail...
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by zionmade(m): 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
enshy:

Thank you and I love your firmness to stand with Jesus and His word...Thats where I stand also, nothing moves me.
So do we conclude that submission to the husband is sacrosanct? What can wives do to correct a believing husband who isnt in Gods perfect on a particular issue?
Rem Abigail...
Abraham was submissive to God yet in a polite way he pleaded with God to spare gomorrah even wen God made it clear dat he wants to destroy.
First dats why women shud be extremely careful on their choice of partners
Second u must have studied ur husband so well as to know exactly how to present ur argument not in a manner dat looks like two of u are dragging d authority but in a manner dat he will still feel dat he has d authority.
Watever d final resolution is, ur husband must authorize it.
Dem most importantly d wife must always call upon God who has d final authority over d husband in cases where she thinks d husband is wrong but while calling upon God she must still submit to the authority
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
zionmade:

Abraham was submissive to God yet in a polite way he pleaded with God to spare gomorrah even wen God made it clear dat he wants to destroy.
First dats why women shud be extremely careful on their choice of partners
Second u must have studied ur husband so well as to know exactly how to present ur argument not in a manner dat looks like two of u are dragging d authority but in a manner dat he will still feel dat he has d authority.
Watever d final resolution is, ur husband must authorize it.
Dem most importantly d wife must always call upon God who has d final authority over d husband in cases where she thinks d husband is wrong but while calling upon God she must still submit to the authority
You see some got born again in marriage. However,
I love your conclusion in the last paragragh, to pray...Let all Women turn to the alter of prayer to bring down God's Will in their homes! Amen!!
More opinions?
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by elantraceey(f): 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
What is so difficult in typing 'Christ ian'? undecided undecided
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
elantraceey:
What is so difficult in typing 'Christ ian'? undecided undecided
My dear, pls dont take offence at the way I choose to write the word...whats important is the purity of the gospel preserved in the doctrines taught.
However, X in Xtian is not an English alphabet but greek which is Christos translated as Christ in english so the meaning of the word is same and gospel message purity is preserved!
Xtian = Christian : followers of Christ!
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by xtianwoman: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
Total Submission but only in Gods Will...Submission to all constituted authority is total but only in Gods Will as 'we ought to obey God rather than men'.
Prayer also will be key to upturn decisions that could ruin the home as 'the kings heart is in the hands of God and he turneth where he wills'
God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
xtianwoman:
Total Submission but only in Gods Will...Submission to all constituted authority is total but only in Gods Will as 'we ought to obey God rather than men'.
Prayer also will be key to upturn decisions that could ruin the home as 'the kings heart is in the hands of God and he turneth where he wills'
God help us all.
Thanks for your input.
God reward you.
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 4:22am On Feb 26, 2017
Can we get diverse opinions pls? Marriages are breaking up as more husbands accuse their wives of rebellion?
Submission is therefore a focal point!
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
enshy:
Can we get diverse opinions pls? Marriages are breaking up as more husbands accuse their wives of rebellion?
Submission is therefore a focal point!
What other measures can a woman take in correcting an erring spouse while still in submission?
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by luvmijeje(f): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
As Christian women we must pray for the spirit of wisdom and patience to handle and manage the men in our lives. But as you said what if one get married to a man who wants you to go contrary to God's words hmmmmm, that's where the story of Abigail come in 1st Sam 25

Abigail got married to a rich, stingy, drunkard and wicked man then there was a day his stingyness and wickedness nearly bought death upon all his household. Thank God for Abigail who applied wisdom and the sweet mouth God has given to her to advert the death.

So be submissive but if it's contrary to God's word pray for wisdom.
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
luvmijeje:
As Christian women we must pray for the spirit of wisdom and patience when the men in our lives. But as you said what if one get married wants you to go contrary to God's words hmmmmm, that's where the story of Abigail come in in 1st Sam 25

Abigail got married a rich, stingy, drunkard and wicked man then there was a day his stingyness and wickedness nearly bought death upon all his household. Thank God for Abigail who applied wisdom and the sweet mouth God has given to him to advert the death.

So be submissive but if it's contrary to God's word pray for wisdom

Thanks. This is the second thoughtful contribution.
1. Prayer 2. Wisdom.
And 'wisdom is profitable to direct' nd 'he that lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth liberally'
May the Spirit of Prayer and Wisdom fall on all our women now!!! No more divorce!!! We say no to it henceforth! I pray down the Spirit of Understanding upon our couples now. Amen.
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
Must a woman's submission to her husband be total? If no, under what circumstances must she bend submission?
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
To what extent would a woman submit to her husband?
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
enshy:
To what extent would a woman submit to her husband?

My brother,
I think the sister above answered it, but I'll say this: the woman is a helpmeet to the husband. He is to lead the home as Christ is leading him. Now this means that the man must be "sold-out" to Christ. The man must be a prayer warrior..with a relationship to Christ.
A woman should submit to her husband's authority, but the husband is not to abuse that authority.

Here's something interesting: even if a man is not a follower of Christ, but is married to a Christian woman, she still should give him respect as the head of household. (For example..maybe both were not Christians when they married, but then one spouse did become a Christian later). She would need to be a prayer warrior in order to have WISDOM on how to handle some matters in that case though. By her behavior, she may be able to win her husband to Christ.
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
The Bible knows what its saying to have directed.

Wives respect your husbands
Husbands love your wives
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
MZLady39:

My brother,
I think the sister above answered it, but I'll say this: the woman is a helpmeet to the husband. He is to lead the home as Christ is leading him. Now this means that the man must be "sold-out" to Christ. The man must be a prayer warrior..with a relationship to Christ.
A woman should submit to her husband's authority, but the husband is not to abuse that authority.

Here's something interesting: even if a man is not a follower of Christ, but is married to a Christian woman, she still should give him respect as the head of household. (For example..maybe both were not Christians when they married, but then one spouse did become a Christian later). She would need to be a prayer warrior in order to have WISDOM on how to handle some matters in that case though. By her behavior, she may be able to win her husband to Christ.
I concur: Prayer and Wisdom are ingredients in a lasting marriage!
Re: Your View: A Xtian Woman Submission To Her Husband by enshy: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
davtosh:
The Bible knows what its saying to have directed.

Wives respect your husbands

Husbands love your wives

Love and Respect in marriage works like miracle!

(1) (Reply)

Watch Here "The Profitability Of Walking With God- Dr Paul Enenche / The Unbalanced Equation Of The Cruxification Story / Breaking News: Jehovah's Witnesses Ban In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.