Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Esan People Are Not Igbo! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Esan People Are Not Igbo! (16894 Views)

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof / History Of Esan People Of Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Okay.Why are you guys angry about a certain Esan person called Nkechi when you and many of your cohorts have Yoruba first names? Isn't that hypocritical?

I
say why is he? In all my interactions with Esans, I've never seen one that acts this way.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:
say why is he? In all my interactions with Esans, I've never seen one that acts this way.

Go and find my YouTube account. It's called talk2me9ja. Go and message me there. I am proudly esan on my father's side and bini on my mother's side. I proudly rep both and what I say is irrefutable facts!
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by RedboneSmith(m): 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:

Me neither. Although i'll have to admit that I don't know many Esan people one-on-one. A number of other Esan people were airing similar opinions on that Facebook Group, so maybe this guy isn't the only one. Ironically, they all have Yoruba first names.

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Me neither. Although i'll have to admit that I don't know many Esan people one-on-one. A number of other Esan people were airing similar opinions on that Facebook Group, so maybe this guy isn't the only one. Ironically, they all have Yoruba first names.

Having a Yoruba name does not make me less edo. Again I'm not an evil person. I'm just against people falsifying my history.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I didn't see many Esans airing similar opinions except Remi. But the Remi of a guy is more sensible than this guy here. It's possible he's the guy but being mild because it's on Facebook and decided to unleash his venom on a faceless group like nairaland
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:
I didn't see many Esans airing similar opinions except Remi. But the Remi of a guy is more sensible than this guy here. It's possible he's the guy but being mild because it's on Facebook and decided to unleash his venom on a faceless group like nairaland

Wait till I get accepted into the group you can come and confront me yourself na. You and I will debate it out personally. It's me that was even telling the kid what to say. Your neo biafran tactics will not work! Ayamiri
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

Having a Yoruba name does not make me less edo. Again I'm not an evil person. I'm just against people falsifying my history.
No Ika person has ever tried to tell Esan history. Why are you obsessed with Ika? Who are you to tell Ika Urhobo and other Delta groups who they are? Are we some Bini people that said you are not Edo? Are we some Benin people that said you are descendants of Benin slaves? Why not stand up and face those Binis that call you descendants of slaves instead of facing people that don't have any business with you? You called us Igbos, Urhobos and other Delta groups slaves but this people have never tried to write your history but here you are writing theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:
No Ika person has ever tried to tell Esan history. Why are you obsessed with Ika? Who are you to tell Ika Urhobo and other Delta groups who they are? Are we some Bini people that said you are not Edo? Are we some Benin people that said you are descendants of Benin slaves? Why not stand up and face those Binis that call you descendants of slaves instead of facing people that don't have any business with you? You called us Igbos, Urhobos and other Delta groups slaves but this people have never tried to write your history but here you are writing theirs.

Useless ayamiri Zionist. Like you people have claimed the great edo name adaobi, that is how you will claim my history.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by RedboneSmith(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

Of course you are not less Edo(id). I would never say you are less Edo(id).

But on your many lengthy posts here, you took issues with some Esan people like the Ekpon who speak Ika, you appear to not like the fact that there is a certain Nkechi who says she is Esan, and so on. You don't want them to be Esan.

My argument then is: Your very name bears witness to Yoruba acculturation, yet you remain Edo; what is your fuss then with OTHER Esan people whose names, etc show Igbo or Ika acculturation? Why can't you all be Esan people influenced by neighbouring cultures, hm? undecided

BTW, who falsified your history and when? Give examples of this falsification.

5 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Of course you are not less Edo(id). I would never say you are less Edo(id).

But on your many lengthy posts here, you took issues with some Esan people like the Ekpon who speak Ika, you appear to not like the fact that there is a certain Nkechi who says she is Esan, and so on. You don't want them to be Esan.

My argument then is: Your very name bears witness to Yoruba acculturation, yet you remain Edo; what is your fuss then with OTHER Esan people whose names, etc show Igbo or Ika acculturation? Why can't you all be Esan people influenced by neighbouring cultures, hm? undecided

BTW, who falsified your history and when? Give examples of this falsification.

Go and debate me in the group. The admins finally let me in, no more lurking.
I have about had it with you igbos! Respect your boundaries! Just like you people fear yoruba land
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:

Show me proof of Esans ever being slaves or sold as slaves or any true edoid person.

On the other hand your Igbo brethren are all over Jamaica! I don't need to delve into that further.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Probz(m): 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
And who said they were?
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
Probz:
And who said they were?

Your biafran brothers desperately falsifying my history to accomodate themselves. Ozuo

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by RedboneSmith(m): 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

Go and debate me in the group. The admins finally let me in, no more lurking.
I have about had it with you igbos! Respect your boundaries! Just like you people fear yoruba land

Hian! He won't even address what I said.

Okay, bye-bye.

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Okay, bye-bye.

I have replied you in the group once my post gets approved. You either debate me here or there!

I have answered your questions
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Okay, bye-bye.
Are you just finding out he's lunatic?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:

It's you that's a lunatic. I'm only holding my insults on you because you are a woman. Don't push me.

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by RedboneSmith(m): 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:

LOL!
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
?
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Probz(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

Your biafran brothers desperately falsifying my history to accomodate themselves. Ozuo
You're trying a little too hard, fam. No self-respecting Igbo would claim Esan nor have I ever seen that happening. Sure you're not trolling?
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by cheruv: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
pazienza:

So you are the Nosa Edo guy there? grin

You know, the unexplained total absence of the usual Bini monikers who besieged Western Igbo threads like Bokohalal, Ezotik, Lordbolton and the emergence of this your Cire80 moniker claiming Anioma is not lost on anyone here.
The witch cries in the night and the child dies in the morning, coincidence? I don't think so.

Anyway, Agbontae got murdered on that page, he started off speaking for Anioma, Osita cut him to size, he started claiming that he speaks for only Ika, Osita again cornered him and he started saying that he doesn't care about Ika, that he cared only about Owa, and again Osita cornered him and reminded him of Obi of Owa book where he re emphasized the Nri origin of his ancestors and Agbontae was left throwing shades up and down on Igbodo and Ute Okpu plus other Ika communities, tagging them Aniocha towns in bid to get at Osita who is a native of Igbodo.

You know someone had lost an argument when they leave issues of discuss and focus on ad hominem attacks.

for those who want to see, here is a link to that Facebook page:

https://m./142387942535037?view=permalink&id=1238111869629300
Seriously do you think he's nosa uwaila?? Kos I don't think he's... That Nosa guy even though a nuisance sounds intelligent while onye nkaa esoghi ma oli undecided
Moreover I've always believed this cire80 guy and his brother gerg aren't Anioma... And they keep proving me true

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by cheruv: 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Are you the Remi Omoruyi person on that Nigeria Nostalgia page?
This one you guys are sniffing out who is who...I hope we're all safe? grin
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by bigfrancis21: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

You sound like a smart guy. I still reckon the igbanke people migrated to edo land at some point in time. Either way after Nigeria is dissolved they should migrate back. Same with the ijaws who seem to be every where this days both in the south east and south west. Every body should be ready to go back. No more Nkechi and chinenye in my lands.

Igbanke has always been in their land as PabloAfricanus said. That of Ekpon, however, is different. Ancestrally, the people were Esan-speaking but switched to Ika (Igbo) about 100 to 150 years ago. This language shift was written by a missionary in one of his books which I read many years ago. However, the people of Ekpon practice mostly Esan culture and customs but differ only in language.

If you are willing to do away with Igbo-sounding names in Edo state, what would you do to Yoruba-sounding names that exist in Edo state also which are clearly not Edoid names?

3 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by PabloAfricanus(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Igbanke has always been in their land as PabloAfricanus said. That of Ekpon, however, is different. Ancestrally, the people were Esan-speaking but switched to Ika (Igbo) about 100 to 150 years ago. This language shift was written by a missionary in one of his books which I read many years ago. However, the people of Ekpon practice mostly Esan culture and customs but differ only in language.

If you are willing to do away with Igbo-sounding names in Edo state, what would you do to Yoruba-sounding names that exist in Edo state also which are clearly not Edoid names?

Now that's a deep question grin cheesy
Dude just wants some traffic on his channel or blog I guess.
I doubt if he's here for a meaningful discourse.

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
Cire80:

The word Esan is a Bini word meaning "they jumped away, or they have fled." The name became the accepted name of the group of people who escaped from the reign of Oba Ewuare of Benin in the middle of the 15th century. During the 15th century, the Oba Ewuare of Benin had two sons that both tragically died on the same day. Oba Ewuare then declared for mourning the death of his sons to the whole kingdom that there shall be no sexual intercourse in the kingdom; no washing, sweeping of the houses or compound, drumming or dancing; and making of fire in the land. Oba Ewuare insisted that these laws be strictly adhered to for a period of three years as a mark of respect for his dead sons.

Many natives fled the Bini Kingdom unable to abide by these rules to join previous groups that had already migrated out of the kingdom years before (notably, the groups that had earlier formed Irrua, Uromi, and Ekpoma). Soon after, the Oba summoned a meeting of his subjects from various quarters and to his amazement, noticed that they had greatly diminished in numbers. When the Oba asked where his subjects had went to, he was told, "Ele san-fia" ("They have fled"wink. This later turned into E-san-fia and then Esan. When Oba Ewuare saw that his kingdom was quickly becoming depopulated, he revoked his laws but the migrations continued. Oba Ewuare tried to wage war against the migrants but this failed.

The Oba conquered 201 towns and villages but he had to use diplomacy for many of the other scattered towns and villages in the forest in order to bring them under Benin rule. Thus, Oba Ewuare invited Esan leaders or their representatives to Benin for a truce. He enticed them with the idea of having an attachment to Benin City and of their having the honour of being called "Onojie", which means king. The future of Esan rested on the Esan who went to Benin and took the title of Onojie. It was not an easy decision for the Esan leaders to decide whether or not to go. Many feared Oba Ewuare but also did not want more military attacks against them. To reduce their fears, Benin promised military support for the Onojie to enforce authority over insubordinate subjects. Only three leaders actually went to Benin in person.

All three were apparently men who had nothing to fear from the Oba due to various reasons. The first was Ekpereijie, the son of Oba Ohen's daughter and a sister to Oba Ewuare. The sister had been given to the leader of Irrua. Ekperejie came without fear because relations must have been cordial between Irrua and Benin.

The second was Alan of Ewohimi, the son of Ikimi who had left Benin prior to the reign of Oba Ewuare and as such was not considered as one of those who fled the city by the Oba. The third was Ijiebomen who left Benin for Ekpoma after the Oba had granted him leave. In contrast to those mentioned above, chief Okhirare of Ohordua, , had especially offended the Oba and would not risk his neck, so he sent his heir Odua to Benin.

His brother and leader of Emu also sent his son rather than risk his life. Three other Esan leaders dispatched brothers as their representatives to the meeting in Benin. Ede felt he was only less than the Oba by degrees and as such refused to honor the call. He then sent his junior brother to listen to what the Oba had to say. The leader of Ubgoha also asked his junior brother to go on his behalf. The leader of Uromi sent his junior brother to find out what the Oba had to say. Ewuare concealed his anger at the impertinent leaders in Esan since he was a skilled diplomat.

During the meeting, he told the visitors how they had migrated from Benin. He enthroned the Benin court traditions in Esan. The Oba bestowed the title of Onojie on those that were present at the meeting. This historic moment happened in 1463. Instantly, the Oba made them rulers of their communities and subservient only to the Oba. Above all, this noble title was not transferable to father, brother, or master, and once an Onojie, always an Onojie until death.

Where Oba Ewuare had enthroned a proxy as Onojie except in Ewohimi, Irrua and Ekpoma, strife and hatred followed as the new leaders began to assert authority and control over the elders. Thus, the Oba wielded the numerous villages into large political entities that hitherto became known as chiefdoms, loosely knitted villages, ruled by the Enijie.

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
dairykidd:

The word Esan is a Bini word meaning "they jumped away, or they have fled." The name became the accepted name of the group of people who escaped from the reign of Oba Ewuare of Benin in the middle of the 15th century. During the 15th century, the Oba Ewuare of Benin had two sons that both tragically died on the same day. Oba Ewuare then declared for mourning the death of his sons to the whole kingdom that there shall be no sexual intercourse in the kingdom; no washing, sweeping of the houses or compound, drumming or dancing; and making of fire in the land. Oba Ewuare insisted that these laws be strictly adhered to for a period of three years as a mark of respect for his dead sons.

Many natives fled the Bini Kingdom unable to abide by these rules to join previous groups that had already migrated out of the kingdom years before (notably, the groups that had earlier formed Irrua, Uromi, and Ekpoma). Soon after, the Oba summoned a meeting of his subjects from various quarters and to his amazement, noticed that they had greatly diminished in numbers. When the Oba asked where his subjects had went to, he was told, "Ele san-fia" ("They have fled"wink. This later turned into E-san-fia and then Esan. When Oba Ewuare saw that his kingdom was quickly becoming depopulated, he revoked his laws but the migrations continued. Oba Ewuare tried to wage war against the migrants but this failed.

The Oba conquered 201 towns and villages but he had to use diplomacy for many of the other scattered towns and villages in the forest in order to bring them under Benin rule. Thus, Oba Ewuare invited Esan leaders or their representatives to Benin for a truce. He enticed them with the idea of having an attachment to Benin City and of their having the honour of being called "Onojie", which means king. The future of Esan rested on the Esan who went to Benin and took the title of Onojie. It was not an easy decision for the Esan leaders to decide whether or not to go. Many feared Oba Ewuare but also did not want more military attacks against them. To reduce their fears, Benin promised military support for the Onojie to enforce authority over insubordinate subjects. Only three leaders actually went to Benin in person.

All three were apparently men who had nothing to fear from the Oba due to various reasons. The first was Ekpereijie, the son of Oba Ohen's daughter and a sister to Oba Ewuare. The sister had been given to the leader of Irrua. Ekperejie came without fear because relations must have been cordial between Irrua and Benin.

The second was Alan of Ewohimi, the son of Ikimi who had left Benin prior to the reign of Oba Ewuare and as such was not considered as one of those who fled the city by the Oba. The third was Ijiebomen who left Benin for Ekpoma after the Oba had granted him leave. In contrast to those mentioned above, chief Okhirare of Ohordua, , had especially offended the Oba and would not risk his neck, so he sent his heir Odua to Benin.

His brother and leader of Emu also sent his son rather than risk his life. Three other Esan leaders dispatched brothers as their representatives to the meeting in Benin. Ede felt he was only less than the Oba by degrees and as such refused to honor the call. He then sent his junior brother to listen to what the Oba had to say. The leader of Ubgoha also asked his junior brother to go on his behalf. The leader of Uromi sent his junior brother to find out what the Oba had to say. Ewuare concealed his anger at the impertinent leaders in Esan since he was a skilled diplomat.

During the meeting, he told the visitors how they had migrated from Benin. He enthroned the Benin court traditions in Esan. The Oba bestowed the title of Onojie on those that were present at the meeting. This historic moment happened in 1463. Instantly, the Oba made them rulers of their communities and subservient only to the Oba. Above all, this noble title was not transferable to father, brother, or master, and once an Onojie, always an Onojie until death.

Where Oba Ewuare had enthroned a proxy as Onojie except in Ewohimi, Irrua and Ekpoma, strife and hatred followed as the new leaders began to assert authority and control over the elders. Thus, the Oba wielded the numerous villages into large political entities that hitherto became known as chiefdoms, loosely knitted villages, ruled by the Enijie.

Let me reply you with someone's quote. You see it's not only Esan that has such tales? But what I don't understand is the business the guy has with Ika and Urhobo. Did any Ika man try to tell Esan history? The guy is paranoid

But isn't it possible that the Ikimi in your narrative the same Ikhime that some Aniomas believe was corrupted to Ezechime? And isn't it possible that the Ede is also the Ede that founded Umunede? Not concluding anything. Maybe you know more about these two people?

Also note the first bolded part
bigfrancis21:
Bini/Igbo Factors- Origins And Migration of Ika People

Ika lacks archeological works, and she is grossly deficient of ancient written records, myths, legends or fantasized oral traditions towards her history, culture and origin. For example, no part of Ika has been studied by a professional historian or anthropologist neither has any part of Ika villages been visited by one. The dearth of literature in Ika history can also be said to have stemmed up from lack of initiative of the early Ika people who embraced Western Education; who never picked up a pen and never made the feeble effort to attempt it. Otherwise, it is known that Ika had a crop of literate men since the arrival of the British in Agbor.

Aside from the Government School that was established at Agbor in 1906, most Ika people were products of the Mission Schools that started in some Ika towns ever before the British formed their school. Such kind of materials on folklores, folktales or treatises, etc. on Ika written by this generation of Ika would have been worthwhile contributions to the body of knowledge of Ika history. For instance, an Igbo ex-slave, Olanda Equiano’s autobiography (1789) answered some questions about Igbo people, their origin, government, politics, their economy, social life and British.

On the side of the British, their Officials did not help matters with their perfunctory Intelligence Reports on Ika clans. The British had every reason to have written extensively on Ika judging from the events of Ekumeku Movement (1880-1910) and the incident of the gruesome murder of Captain Crew Reade in 1906 at Owanta. But none of their writings, if ever, was available to this writer. In the absence of such detailed records, much of the account in the this chapter is based on the oral traditions of the Ika people, otherwise referred to as fluid history of Ika clans, or recalls of the various schools of thought on the origins of Ika people.

According to Eguavon, S.I. Eka (Ika) means deserters from Benin because of the bloody rule of Oba Ewuare about 1440 AD. It is said that the Binis who seized the opportunity of Oba Ewuare’s absence to flee from Benin were given this name Eka by Oba Ewuare, who on his return from one of his military campaigns, found that many of this subjects had deserted him. It was then he remarked sagaciously: So ghai Eka no. “Leave them, they are deserters”.

During this period for example, Oba Ewuare lost his only two sons, Ezuware and Ekpoboyuuwa through poisoning on the same day. To show hi grief for the death of these princes, he declared three years of mourning for them. During these years of mourning, he ordered that no one was to marry, and those who were married should not have sexual intercourse within the period. He also ordered that there should be no bathing and shaving of hair during the period. Those who were of marriageable age then fled Benin Kingdom in order no to prohibited from raising up families.

Generally, there were political and social disturbances and unrest during the period. The rulers were powerful and overbearing, and there was no known punishment that they could not mete out to offending subjects. Some were forcely charged and dealt with. Life and property were insecure in the face of political uncertainties that existed in Benin Empire. Since there was social disorder, the conditions became unbearable in Benin Empire, which resulted in migration spree of adventurous subjects.

However, on settlements in the areas now known as Ika, some of the Ika clans claim to have been formed before the movement of people from Benin and Ishan Divisions to Ika Land, and these are Agbor, Owa and Umunede clans. It may be that deserters or Ika not only swelled the population of the already existing settlements but also formed new settlements. Ika appears to have grown as a result of the influx of immigrants from Benin, Ishan and Aniocha areas of the defunct Bendel State. Ika people came to Ika Land in different waves of migration, led by different persons from different directions at different times for different reasons.

cc Cire80

http://aniomawatch..com/2013/08/biniigbo-factors-origins-and-migration.html

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by pazienza(m): 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
cheruv:

Seriously do you think he's nosa uwaila?? Kos I don't think he's... That Nosa guy even though a nuisance sounds intelligent while onye nkaa esoghi ma oli undecided
Moreover I've always believed this cire80 guy and his brother gerg aren't Anioma... And they keep proving me true

Ana amachakwanu. Enwekwanu nke ama uma eme.
Ugomba na onwe ya sili na ya bu nwa amadi bu dimkpa Bini, na oburo onye western Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
I have made a post on the great name adaobi on that group. As soon as it gets approved I implore you all to come and say I am wrong with facts ofcourse!
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
cheruv:

This one you guys are sniffing out who is who...I hope we're all safe? grin

The kid asked me questions and I gave him answers. It was me who told him exactly what to reply.

Now I'm on the page myself go and find me there abiodun alonge the historian.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by PabloAfricanus(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

The kid asked me questions and I gave him answers. It was me who told him exactly what to reply.

Now I'm on the page myself go and find me there abiodun alonge the historian.

See I don't know you or what your agenda is...
But this is a lame attempt at attention seeking...
Or riding on tribal sentiments to make yourself appear to be the "defender" of Edo history against a phantom enemy...
Just stop ok?
Do something better like other posters on that forum, share and discuss history with other youths...I believe that's a pretty profitable way to contribute.
My 2 cents ofcourse
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by pazienza(m): 11:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
By the way. that theory of Ikhime being mispronounced as Chime in Eze Chime is irrational.

Even when Osita believed on that theory those years, I always disagreed and pointed out to rational minds that even though Ikhime sounds no way as Chime, but if we are to close our eyes and accept that Ikhime is Chime, how then do we explain away the "Eze" part of the name Eze Chime.

Thank God that today, even Osita nolonger hold the Ikhime rubbish, he now knows better and rationally understand that the name is indeed Eze Chime, but the only twist being that Eze Chime is not a single person.

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
pazienza:
By the way. that theory of Ikhime being mispronounced as Chime in Eze Chime is irrational.

Even when Osita believed on that theory those years, I always disagreed and pointed out to rational minds that even though Ikhime sounds no way as Chime, but if we are to close our eyes and accept that Ikhime is Chime, how then do we explain away the "Eze" part of the name Eze Chime.

Thank God that today, even Osita nolonger hold the Ikhime rubbish, he now knows better and rationally understand that the name is indeed Eze Chime, but the only twist being that Eze Chime is not a single person.

That's good. Like the ijaws are claiming gele gele as theirs everyone wants a bite out of our lands.
Esan oyee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" / What Are Your People (Ethnicity) Known For? / You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.