Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,870 members, 7,821,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Esan People Are Not Igbo! - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Esan People Are Not Igbo! (16914 Views)

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof / History Of Esan People Of Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 3:22am On Feb 28, 2017
OoniOfIfe:

You don carry your madness from YouTube to nairaland,
You will die younger if you keep hating,

Have we argued on YouTube before?
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by BornStunner1: 4:20am On Feb 28, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

HEY I HAVE READ THROUGH ALL YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD!!

FYI URHOBO AND ISOKO ARE ALL EDIOD TRIBES AND THEY ARE BINI SO IS ESAN....... AND IF IKAS AND IGBANKE WANNA BE BENIN...... LET THEM BE..

A BENIN BEARING "ABIODUN" U MAKE ME LAFF AND ANGRY AT THE SAME TIME..... U HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT IGBOS , IKAS ETC LIKE THAT..

YOU ARE NOT A BONAFIED EDO MAN AND NIETHER ARE YOU ESAN.

TO ALL ETHNIC GROUPS (cire80 and co....)THAT FEEL INSULTED BY THE BOY I APOLOGISE.

NOW BACK TO YOU ..... GO BACK TO AKOKO IN ONDO OR WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM...... YOU ARE NOT EDO....AND BY VIRTUE OF YOUR NAME YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED..

PERIOD!!

WHAT RUBBISH BEARING YORUBA NAMES AND SAYING YOU ARE EDO AND HALF BENIN HALF ESAN FOR THAT MATTER!!

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 6:20am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=BornStunner1 post=54126058]

HEY I HAVE READ THROUGH ALL YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD!!

FYI URHOBO AND ISOKO ARE ALL EDIOD TRIBES AND THEY ARE BINI SO IS ESAN....... AND IF IKAS AND IGBANKE WANNA BE EDO...... LET THEM BE..

A BENIN BEARING "ABIODUN" U MAKE ME LAFF AND ANGRY AT THE SAME TIME..... U HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT IGBOS , IKAS ETC LIKE THAT..

YOU ARE NOT A BONAFIED EDO MAN AND NIETHER ARE YOU ESAN.

TO ALL ETHNIC GROUPS (cire80 and co....)THAT FEEL INSULTED BY THE BOY I APOLOGISE.

NOW BACK TO YOU ..... GO BACK TO AKOKO IN ONDO OR WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM...... YOU ARE NOT EDO....AND BY VIRTUE OF YOUR NAME YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED..

PERIOD!!

WHAT RUBBISH BEARING YORUBA NAMES AND SAYING YOU ARE EDO AND HALF BENIN HALF ESAN FOR THAT MATTER!!
[/

I smell an okoro behind your words. What's in a name? Did I name myself? Mtcheww
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by BornStunner1: 7:05am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=Monkeydeychop post=54126756][/quote]

You smell nothing boy apart from your yoruba ass !!

Every one on nairaland knows i am a Benin boy ....

Go to Ogbe and see my family house i norbe cast troway famzing a tribe

Better Ask your parents where you are from or better still change your name.

YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED.... EVER!!

GO TO ONDO!!

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

Yea, it suck
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

Yea, you write rubbish
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2017
OoniOfIfe:

Yea, you write rubbish

I don't argue with fellow edolites.... if you are Benin, why is your name ooni of ife? And why are you attacking me? Let us drop the insults for now.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by martha89: 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
Everybody should ignore this guy and he is not an Esan. Too many fake people clamming other tribes. The guy might be from Edo or another tribe definitely not an Esan.Esan relate well with igbos etc..Attention seeking fool..Get a life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
martha89:
Everybody should ignore this guy and he is not an Esan. Too many fake people clamming other tribes. The guy might be from Edo or another tribe definitely not an Esan.Esan relate well with igbos etc..Attention seeking fool..Get a life..

God forbid. And why are you sending me an email for? If you want to talk to me, say it in public or do you want to insult me in private like the rest?
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by martha89: 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
Monkeydeychop:

I don't argue with fellow edolites.... if you are Benin, why is your name ooni of ife? And why are you attacking me? Let us drop the insults for now.
You are a benin guy and stop using Esan idiot...
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Abagworo(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
martha89:

You are right and I have never seen nor heard that Esan is Igbo or Igbo is Esan. They are different but have very cordial relationship in business and friendship.

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Abagworo:

You are right and I have never seen nor heard that Esan is Igbo or Igbo is Esan. They are different but have very cordial relationship in business and friendship.

That is why igbos are the first to slander edo every time? An edo man farts they will jump on the story and call it "juju" "useless witches" "laziness dey worry dem". Instead of edolites to join me and castigate them you're trying to be sweetheart? Anytime the time will come and your eyes will be open to the destructive nature of the ayamiri people.

I will carry my "business" now to YouTube, feel free to argue with me there again.

Edo's open your eyes o. That's my warning. The Yoruba's have their eyes opened. Our are still shut. #EdoExitNow
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by martha89: 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
The Op is Benin not Esan! I support Edo state but iam tired of Esan getting drag for no reason. ...
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by EdCure: 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
Monkeydeychop:
See as igbos are invading my life....God help me. Nigeria should disintegrate quicker so I can work in the immigration department and eternally deny them visas.
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by prof800(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Monkeydeychop:
See as igbos are invading my life....God help me. Nigeria should disintegrate quicker so I can work in the immigration department and eternally deny them visas.
grin grin grin grin grin

I have just had a good laugh. Human beings are funny creatures. grin grin
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Favor99(m): 6:05am On Mar 01, 2017
Cire80:
say why is he? In all my interactions with Esans, I've never seen one that acts this way.

Im am Esan. Don't worry what monkeydechop said. He doesn't speak for Esan/Edo at all.
Ika and Ukwuani are our people. You people come from Benin kingdom. As an Esan I
look at the Ikas and Ukwuani's as my brothers and sisters. Monkeydechop probably isn't even Edo.
We Esan/Edo, accept and embrace our Anioma brothers and sisters. We all come from Benin kingdom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by pazienza(m): 7:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Favor99:

Im am Esan. Don't worry what monkeydechop said. He doesn't speak for Esan/Edo at all.
Ika and Ukwuani are our people. You people come from Benin kingdom. As an Esan I
look at the Ikas and Ukwuani's as my brothers and sisters. Monkeydechop probably isn't even Edo.
We Esan/Edo, accept and embrace our Anioma brothers and sisters. We all come from Benin kingdom.

And you had to open this new moniker today, just to deceive yourself, Cire80, is this how pathetic you are?
Why blow your already leaky cover this cheaply?

8 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 7:40am On Mar 01, 2017
pazienza:

And you had to open this new moniker today, just to deceive yourself, Cire80, is this how pathetic you are?
Why blow your already leaky cover this cheaply?

If you don't know that the op of the thread is not mentally sound, then you need more help than him. As for the accusation, I'll wait for favor99 to come prove himself/herself. Probably someone that's been view as guest but decided to open this account to make some points because of the disgrace this op is bringing to the Esan. If I'm favor99, did I also hack the accounts of all the known Edo monikers commenting on this thread? Favor99. Please come oo. Not like I really care what any of this Igbos think about me. But I'm curious too
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by pazienza(m): 7:47am On Mar 01, 2017
Cire80:
If you don't know that the op of the thread is not mentally sound, then you need more help than him. As for the accusation, I'll wait for favor99 to come prove himself/herself. Probably someone that's been view as guest but decided to open this account to make some points because of the disgrace this op is bringing to the Esan. If I'm favor99, did I also hack the accounts of all the known Edo monikers commenting on this thread? Favor99. Please come oo. Not like I really care what any of this Igbos think about me. But I'm curious too

Lol! I have been on this forum for 10years now.

I have seen this game played many times. Favor99 is an impostor.
And after rationally eliminating all variables, I am more than convinced you are the person behind the handle.

You are even making it worst by trying to defend yourself. Lol!

9 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
pazienza:

And after rationally eliminating all variables, I am more than convinced you are the person behind the handle.

Defend myself? From what exactly? I don't play your stupid game. I'm waiting for favor because I'm curious. I don't have anything to defend against. You think I give a damn what you or your brothers think about me? You Igbos have big problems. You always conclude without prove. That's why all your histories are postulations and theorems later turned facts. It's pathetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by pazienza(m): 7:56am On Mar 01, 2017
Cire80:
Defend myself? From what exactly? I don't play your stupid game. I'm waiting for favor because I'm curious. I don't have anything to defend against. You think I give a damn what you or your brothers think about me? You Igbos have big problems. You always conclude without prove. That's why all your histories are postulations and theorems later turned facts. It's pathetic

Lol! Ndo, dimkpa Bini. grin

7 Likes

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 8:00am On Mar 01, 2017
Lol me wey make d post nor get anything to talk again. How una dey today?
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Favor99(m): 8:01am On Mar 01, 2017
pazienza:

Im not cire80. And I am not an imposter Ive been a guest on nairaland for a while, I saw this thread
and I couldn't bear to continue my silence. This is a genuine account. I can't allow one of my own people(monkeydeychop)
to come on here and disown my Anioma brothers and sisters.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Favor99(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2017
Cire80:
Your a 100% right, Ive been a guest but I opened this account because of
how monkeydeychop was displaying the Esan people in a very incorrect and bad light.
He doesn't in any way represent the views of our Esan/Edo people.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Cire80: 8:27am On Mar 01, 2017
Favor99:

Your a 100% right, Ive been a guest but I opened this account because of
how monkeydeychop was displaying the Esan people in a very incorrect and bad light.
He doesn't in any way represent the views of our Esan/Edo people.
Common sense told me that. But I wait for pazienza to come say I'm both monikers. You're welcome to nairaland bro/sis.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Monkeydeychop: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
Even the name anioma is Igbo. They are in delta state I believe. Anyways the oba knows his childrencheesy in edo land, there are oba's, there are onojie's but there are no Eze's o smiley
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Favor99(m): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Cire80:
Common sense told me that. But I wait for pazienza to come say I'm both monikers. You're welcome to nairaland bro/sis.
Thank you
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by Obar76: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2018
Esan People are not Bini neither are they igbo, they are simply Ishans. Most ishans are fair skinned and get confused as igbos all the time. I and my siblings are always spoken Igbo to in the market, shops etc. but as to our history we are related to the Edo’s and all our neighbors. Yes I am from Uromi so I should know�

1 Like

Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by davidnazee: 12:01am On Sep 05, 2018
Monkeydeychop:
I wish I can bring my edo scholars into this discussion to shut you igbos falsifying our history.
There is nothing like "Esans are not real edo's" that's like saying ife Yoruba's are not the same as Yorubas from oyo. You can go and read esan history and language. It's bini history as well. We are only seen as a tribe because we migrated further north due to the tyranny of the oba don't make me repeat myself.

Ikas are not real edo's and they know they are seen differently in edo state and that is because they simply are not edo's. esan, owan, Afemai, etsako, those are the real edo's. the rest like ijaw, anioma/ika people are NOT.

Itsekiri people are descendants of the bini empire cos their history states they descended from a Benin prince I think his name was Olua you can go and read it.

Delta people have no relation with us except through slavery you can go and read about yourself.

Don't falsify our history just because you have none. Igbos outnumber us in population and they're migrants that's why I fear what they're doing in esan land is operation take over. Anyone called Nkechi best not call herself Omo edo, she is Igbo!

Bro I feel your pain but you are wrong on many points.
Esan are Edos.. so also are the Urhobos, Isokos, Ika/Igbankes and the Afemais.. also many delta Igbos are of Edo origins.
they are all Edos just like the Binis are.
Re: Esan People Are Not Igbo! by MJuda: 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2019
I am a South African and I have been accused of being Igbo. Technically, I am. We call ourselves Thembu people or eMbo or Mambo.

My person lineage is:
MBEKE or MBEKO or MBANGO OR BHENGU (A BENIN AND ZULU SURNAME - I MET A ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST FROM BENIN WITH BHENGU AS A SURNAME) OR Bhele or Pedi or Dube or Medupi or Mvubi (the last 2 mean Torrential rain - this is also called the Rainmaker tribe) or Mbube or Ngonyama or Duma or Tau meaning Lion bore Mbambo (Mbambo comes from the Zulu House and is the plural of Mambo or eMbu also called Mkhize or Kisii - the latter is in Kenya, where most South African Zulus migrated from - Kenyans and Zulus are the same tribes) who bore Zwane or Msane or Masia or Mosia or Siamo or Seme or Dlomo or Molomo or Olomo or Oromo or Mzila or Amazias or Sela - my surname. These last are the Esan.

In fact, the current Zulu state/Land, called ElaMthaniya or Azania, is named after Esan or Mathanias or Mthaniya or Mathathias or Ndwandwe or Ndawonde or Dawude (the tribe that created the inter-Zulu wars that chased Zulus from South Africa to as far as Nigeria, Morrocco and Egypt and Middle East. They called themselves Ngoni and Khafula or Fulani or BaNguni or simply Nguni.

The whole of Africa comes from Edo or who we call Ntu the progenitor of the Bantu. Benin means Nguni. The princes of Bantu are called Mntungwa or Tonga or Othokhua or Ndonga or Toka or Hlalo or Hlongwa or BaTlokwa or Masoka or Masao or Saul or Sigcau or Sikhawu or Sikuke or Sikuka or BaTau or Mbuduma or Manala or Gala or Ngala or Ngonyama or Mbube or Mvumbi or Medupi or Dube or Mbedu or Obed.

From Otokhua or Mthonga came Okhuelesan or Ngwelezane (my local township - see the Zane in it stands for Zwane and Ngwe stands for the name for King amongst Zulus and my verbal libation = Mangwe or Mungwe = Leopard and it also means that in Far West Africa) or Mgwezane or Chisane or Chiliza or Chili the Chief tribe of the Ngwane or Akhan or Kani. The second is Esan or Zwane and the last is eMbu or Mambo or Igbo or Thembu. These are the Zulus of South Africa.

We settled in Mozambique and spread out thereafter but were pushed by Portuguese, English and Dutch and Germans to South Africa.

In Southern Africa, we acknowledge that we are all related. But apartheid and colonialism has us talking about differences instead of talking about similarities. That is why everyone knows what separates a tribe from another but not what brings you together.

My answer: Esan and Igbo's relationship is that Esan come from Igbo and rule the Igbo people. IGBO people and Benin people are the same. In South Africa, they are called Malambule or Khambule or Makhathini (Sons of Gad) or Gabengu = Sons of Bengu = BeNguni or Nguni (which is what Xulus/Zulus/Tulus/Sulus or Julus called themselves) or Banguni = Bulani = Fulani = Sons of Faku or Fakir/Fani/Fana or KaFana or Cabana or Cinga or Cai or Khai or Michael or Ngai or Magaye or Malawi or Malai or Merari. NGUNI is known as the progenitor of all Zulus. I believe Nigerians use Ogun and Jukun both in use in one form or other in South Africa.

Guni is also the 2nd son of Naphtali (Nephu-Thali, Nephu or Napo or Gambu or Gafu or Cafu or Funga or Pona or Buka or Sheba or Shaba is the progeny of the Igbo or Bhengu/Bhule or Fule or Fenkhu or Phoenicians who bore the Igbo/Mambo/Kisii or Mkhize or Zechi or Zwideor Esan or Zwane or Zagwe or Zangwe or Zakwe or Zie and Thali or Jali or Jair or Tyali or Mtshali, a tribe made up of Manasses and Judah and formed part of Benjamin but they ruled over the tribe of Manasses - this is all in the Bible), the fifth son of Jacob/Israel and Abia or Bemba or Mphemba, a concubine/Junior wife to 2nd wife Rachel, who ruled over the tribe of Gad, the 6th son of Jacob/Israel and Zilhar or Zimba, a concubine.

I know no-one will know this but it is worth a read. Something happened to us for us not to remember all of this...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are Your People (Ethnicity) Known For? / Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" / The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.