Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic (16179 Views)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / It’s Better To Be Atheist Than Hypocritical Christian — Pope Francis / Better To Be An Atheist Than A Hypocritical Christian- Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by crackhouse(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
What he said is nothing but the truth. If u are a Christian please live life like a Christian and stop being hypocritical. U are a Christian but when it comes to money issue u can kill everybody that come across u just to have it all. U owe ur workers, u don't pay them allowances they deserve, they work for u from Monday to Friday or even Saturday but u pay them just 20k to 50k meanwhile u can give ur girlfriend 200k monthly for doing nothing, u can lodge in a hotel for 2 weeks or more paying 10k to 50k per night and u call urself a Christian? U only think about ur welfare and others can die if they want.
The Pope is very correct. Ride on papi.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Eaugusta(f): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
somehowpenis:
Since this pope took over I don't even understand Catholic Church again, this pope is just not like others before him, he seems to be a pope of the world first before the Catholic Church
Do u have a problem with him speaking the truth? Being a Catholic doesn't make u a true Christian but being a true Christian gives u the confidence to beat your chest as a true Catholic "ProudlyCatholic"

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by toprealman: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
he just described my use less bozz
1001 of them on the loose.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by tete7000(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Noblesoul123:

Pls, Pls & Pls.

Ignore his type

I got you but that guy needs to look at his profile picture before he begins to lecture people on what he doesn't know.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by SalC: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
excanny:
This pope is far far better pope than that Ratzinger. Thank Goodness the hypocrite resigned.

One cleric I still respect till date.
Did Ratzinger offend you in any way?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by rodrirodri(m): 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
See how smoke full everywhere like say undertaker dey comme fight wrestling
wunmi590:
I have never regretted being a true Roman Catholic, and I do my responsibilities as a devoted Catholic.

BTW: I know Seun would be the one to push this thread to front page,because anything atheist is his food.

#IamProudToBeARomanCatholic
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by somehowpenis(m): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
ikp120:

Because he is not a hypocrite like most of you wey dey flock church every Sunday?

What he said is one of the reasons why me no dey go church. Sunday to me is just another work free day. cry
hence what this pope's saying has done
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by ikp120(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
somehowpenis:
hence what this pope's saying has done

Why you go dey go church but dey bear somehowpenis on NL?

No be hypocrite you be?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by somehowpenis(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
ikp120:

Why you go dey go church but dey bear somehowpenis on NL?

No be hypocrite you be?
_penis is the name of a part in your body, somehow means that part looks weird, so I don't think it is a sin to mention _penis, but rather a societal deviant behavior
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by creekman(m): 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Nigerians...will luv to read only "Headlines".....and not the message. Hmmmnnn......
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Amhappy(f): 5:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
Tell them ooo. Na so my boss dey owe us,exploiting us and lying 24/7. But him and his wife dey read bible all the time. They are our CWO/CMO. I wish I can contact the Pope and report them. I have reported to God sha,He will force their hand Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Jesusloveyou: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Speedyconnect5:
Are u sure he said that. I have seen a lot of misrepresentations with that man
are you doubting the message?
You should be ashame of your hypocritical and double standard life.
Enjoying sin, and you stil claim to love jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Nogodyej: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
this is earth this is only place i have seen heaven is just in my head

I will live my life on earth

you cannot even shake your dick without even getting convicted and he gave us this dick

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by MarieSucre(f): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
Toks2008

Tocheagle

This is for both of you. How is being a hypocritical christian working out for you guys nah?

And for any other hypocritical mofo who say "men are naturally polygamous" and then come out say "thunder fire gay people".
God just dey look una like 3d film.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by plaetton: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
jaymejate:
I love this...

But i also believe you can't be Spiritually empty. Something must take charge of you.
If you ain't doing God, no matter how you try to remain alone, you'll surely be invited by the antonym (Devil)
Lol.

I guess MENTAL SOVEREIGNTY is taboo in your universe.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Toks2008(m): 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
MarieSucre:
Toks2008

Tocheagle

This is for both of you. How is being a hypocritical christian working out for you guys nah?

And for any other hypocritical mofo who say "men are naturally polygamous" and then come out say "thunder fire gay people".

Please try to articulate your point cos you are not making sense and btw why quote me?

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by MarieSucre(f): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Toks2008:

Please try to articulate your point cos you are not making sense and btw why quote me?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by MarieSucre(f): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Toks2008:

Here is why I quoted you :-

"Thou shalt not commit adultery", one of the
Ten Commandments found at Exodus 20:14

Which is it?
Are you a Christian hypocrite or an Atheist? Shikena no too much talk.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Toks2008(m): 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
MarieSucre:
Here is why I quoted you :-
"Thou shalt not commit adultery", one of the Ten Commandments found at Exodus 20:14
Which is it? Are you a Christian hypocrite or an Atheist? Shikena no too much talk.
And where on earth did I support Adultery?
Se o gbadun iwo omoyi?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 9:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
effty:
Lies from the pit of hell. Pls kip the history of Catholicism apart from Christianity. Later some idiots will tell me Apostle Peter was the first Bishop of Rome; Peter who never stepped on the soil of Rome. Meanwhile, do you still have indulgences for sale? Guess that is/was a Christian practice?
Abeg tell me the protestant church around before 1517
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
excanny:
This pope is far far better pope than that Ratzinger. Thank Goodness the hypocrite resigned.

One cleric I still respect till date.
Weytin concern Ratzinger here? weytin pope ben do you.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by sanerugwei: 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
zedman1:
in summary, I simply asked you to open your mind but all you spewed was surrounded by hate. Free your mind and learn. Thank you

Whollop whollop you guys, no need for mud slings and insults, most of these things are in public domain, none was done in a corner.
Lets look at history of the early church from the Apostolic Era to the schism or divisions that gave rise to the different churches now. The early church had the apostles establishing Christian communities as they go about on their missionary work.
There was nothing like Roman Catholic Church or Anglican or Methodist at that time.
See below for some bit of insight.

The original church or community of the East before the schisms comprised:

the Greek communities founded by Saint Paul
the Antiochian, Asia Minor churches founded by Saint Peter
the Coptic (or Egyptian) churches founded by Saint Mark (including the Ethiopian of Africa or Abyssinia). Remember st Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch.
the Syrian (or Assyrian), along with the Byzantine, Georgian and Russian churches traditionally founded by Saint Andrew
the Armenian church, as well as the churches of Samaria and Judea traditionally founded by Saint Jude and Saint Bartholomew
the church of Jerusalem founded by Saint James.
The church of Rome by tradition was founded by both Saint Peter and Saint Paul.

So you see these pentarchy or Sees as they were called were established almost in parallel as the church Orthodox organization evolved.
Nothing like St Peter being the first pope and all that. Actually st Paul and st Paul both help to set up the churches in Antioch and then Rome, so they shared the Patriarchy in those domains.
We can look at how the Roman Catholic Church can into being that was after the 1054 AD Ecumenical council.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by sanerugwei: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Abeg tell me the protestant church around before 1517
You need to understand that there is a great difference between the Holy Apostolic Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church.
The later was a fallout of the East West Schism and divisions between authorities in Constantinople and Rome in 1054 AD.
While the former traces its origin from the apostles. It was more of a battle of supremacy between the bisjop of Rome or pope as he was later called and the patriarch of Constantinople.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Origin(f): 2:17am On Feb 27, 2017
Man can never be perfect. But its the duty of religious leaders to remind and guide their followers to perfection.

Always remember the religion/Creed is better than its followers. That's the reason for the constant reminders ( to direct people back to the One true God)
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by NovusHomo(m): 7:03am On Feb 27, 2017
Lobatan!
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by buikem2: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2017
somehowpenis:
Since this pope took over I don't even understand Catholic Church again, this pope is just not like others before him, he seems to be a pope of the world first before the Catholic Church

Did you even understand what he said? Kai.

He's very correct in his advice and its his job to encourage catholics to live what their Christian faith teaches. Simple
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Tocheagle(m): 12:43am On Mar 01, 2017
MarieSucre:
Toks2008

Tocheagle

mariesucre why cant you ignore my comments, is dis a hubby or what, am entitled to my opinion
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by MarieSucre(f): 12:54am On Mar 01, 2017
Tocheagle:
mariesucre why cant you ignore my comments, is dis a hubby or what, am entitled to my opinion

Being entitled to your opinion does not mean that you're immune to criticism.

For instance Pope John Paul is asking all y'all who support adultery and claim to be "christians".

IS IT NOT BETTER TO BE AN ATHEIST THAN A HYPOCRITICAL PILE OF GARBAGE MASQUERADING AS A CHRISTIAN?

I mean you're a christian right? Right? Not just pretending?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Tocheagle(m): 7:20am On Mar 01, 2017
MarieSucre:

Being entitled to your opinion does not mean that you're immune to criticism.

For instance Pope John Paul is asking all y'all who support adultery and claim to be "christians".

IS IT NOT BETTER TO BE AN ATHEIST THAN A HYPOCRITICAL PILE OF GARBAGE MASQUERADING AS A CHRISTIAN?

I mean you're a christian right? Right? Not just pretending?
Who says am in support of the catholic church
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by zedman1(m): 7:48am On Mar 04, 2017
sanerugwei:

Whollop whollop you guys, no need for mud slings and insults, most of these things are in public domain, none was done in a corner.
Lets look at history of the early church from the Apostolic Era to the schism or divisions that gave rise to the different churches now. The early church had the apostles establishing Christian communities as they go about on their missionary work.
There was nothing like Roman Catholic Church or Anglican or Methodist at that time.
See below for some bit of insight.

The original church or community of the East before the schisms comprised:

the Greek communities founded by Saint Paul
the Antiochian, Asia Minor churches founded by Saint Peter
the Coptic (or Egyptian) churches founded by Saint Mark (including the Ethiopian of Africa or Abyssinia). Remember st Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch.
the Syrian (or Assyrian), along with the Byzantine, Georgian and Russian churches traditionally founded by Saint Andrew
the Armenian church, as well as the churches of Samaria and Judea traditionally founded by Saint Jude and Saint Bartholomew
the church of Jerusalem founded by Saint James.
The church of Rome by tradition was founded by both Saint Peter and Saint Paul.

So you see these pentarchy or Sees as they were called were established almost in parallel as the church Orthodox organization evolved.
Nothing like St Peter being the first pope and all that. Actually st Paul and st Paul both help to set up the churches in Antioch and then Rome, so they shared the Patriarchy in those domains.
We can look at how the Roman Catholic Church can into being that was after the 1054 AD Ecumenical council.
Way to go Bro, but insulting one whom I've never met, who might turn out to be a good friend tommorow is something I don't do. One thing about the study of religious history, if one reads with a closed mind or is biased, he ends up being a complete fanatic filled with hate or an athiest if he finds out he's on the "loosing side", a choice he made by being one sided. Even a child will know what the Pope said was right but he obviously doesn't want to hear it cos it's coming from the pope, that's fanatism. I don't believe I insulted anyone.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2017
sanerugwei:

You need to understand that there is a great difference between the Holy Apostolic Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church.
The later was a fallout of the East West Schism and divisions between authorities in Constantinople and Rome in 1054 AD.
While the former traces its origin from the apostles. It was more of a battle of supremacy between the bisjop of Rome or pope as he was later called and the patriarch of Constantinople.
You are gravely mistaken, even the orthodox church clearly affirms that the roman church is apostolic founded by peter. It is the orthodox who went into schism. Rome alway was an apostolic see and was always ranked no 1 above constantinople.

Beside none of the above church is protestant, which makes protestanism a modern day heresy.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33pm On May 23, 2019
usclem:
Below is what has been declared by Vatican Councils and in their Cathachism:
“We define that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world.” (34)
“All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that he is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope .” (35)
“No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language (such as French, Italian, Spanish, etc.), and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after the promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned.” (36)
“The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth …by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth.” (37)
“We confess that the Pope has power of changing Scripture and of adding to it, and taking from it according to his will.” (38)
which council and catechism talk this one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Good Is God? / God And His Angels. / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.