Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,404 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

#thingswedid4love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #thingswedid4love (479 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#thingswedid4love by SkiddyDoc: 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
#Thingswedid4love
I wonder why some people still think Origin has some sort of medicinal value, I am sure the misconception is from the herbal nature ascribed to the alcoholic drink. Another sip would put me in the right frame of mind to respond to Victor’s question. Victor is a childhood friend, Friday hang-out was our own way of managing the stress of living in a city like Lagos, our spot is a joint near my office in Ikeja. Recession seems to be the buzzword now, but this spot is never empty, customers’ range from the young to Old men who claim to be young at heart.
Silence suddenly descended on the bar, as guys struggled to catch a glimpse of the celestial body in our midst, the guy behind her had that trademark he–goat smile that guys with pretty female companion usually wear. Tall, slim, beautiful eyes and alluring smile, her gait was like an invitation to a buffet, she knew the effect she had on men and she took advantage of it. That was the kind of cataclysmic effect Cherry had on guys back in the days.
“Skido, what have you done for love”, Victor chided again.
I smiled again and took another slip of my cold Origin drink, Origin has to be cold to have any effect on you. The smell, the bitter-sweet effect was all I needed.
“Guy, did I ever mention Cherry to you”, I asked.
“Njideka, Damilola, Merry, I know. Cherry I know not”, Victor grimaced. Any one eavesdropping would think I am a Don Juan.
The thought of Cherry stabbed me, what a lady-a paragon of virtue, dangerous combination of beauty and brain, and a passionate tigress when the moment was right. I used to call her “Moonlight”, she was an adumbration of the moon to me, lighting up anywhere we went to in that time and space.
“Barman, A bottle of red wine and another fish”, if I must discuss Moonlight then it must be in a grand style.
“Vic, you know how we do so many things for love, some we cannot even share with others, of all the ladies that have come my way, my moment of truth was with Cherry, but I prefer to refer to her as “Moonlight”

It was in my third year and my girlfriend at that time Merry was a source of concern, I knew she was double dating but I had no evidence each time I confronted her, she ended up turning the table against me, I knew it was not love she felt for me, but I
couldn’t break loose from her captivity. She was a beauty to behold, take away her beauty, Merry was a nutcase. I was physically attracted to her and she was attracted to my brain; assignment, test, term-paper, examinations and everything related with academics I took care of it for her.
Our departmental party was by the corner, my close friends wagered me that Merry wouldn’t attend the party with me as her undisclosed boyfriend would also be attending the party, all effort to get Merry’s commitment towards attending the party was futile. From travelling on that Friday to see her parents, to going on an errand in her village, Merry’s attendance hung in the balance.
I ended up attending the party alone, friends and course mates took turns in teasing me, everyone knew Merry’s new lover except me, I decided to make the best of the engagement.
As expected, I carted away most of the academic awards, My Cumulative Grade Point (CGP) was where I wanted it to be, it didn’t take long for the awards session to end and the party proper to begin, everyone was paired, very few ladies were in the hall without a male companion.
Unsure of my next step, I decided to sit out the party as I couldn’t go back to my house that night and did not want to risk walking alone to the hostel alone on such a night.
It was as if the music paused to usher her in, I could see guys stretching frantically to catch a glimpse of her, she was tall, beautiful legs, cat-like eyes and carried herself in an elegant manner, her beauty dwarfed the other ladies in the hall, and her beauty illuminated the dancing hall. I felt something in my heart, a tiny pang, I was envious but in a positive way.
It is unusual to find such a beauty on campus without a boyfriend, I could feel my heartbeat, i suddenly became feverish.
I was trying to gather my thoughts when I heard “Victor, I have been trying to catch you alone in this campus”, in the most mellifluous voice a human could produce, again the focus of the hall shifted to me. I was shocked. Her voice was music, the way she pronounced my name paralyzed me, standing side by side with her was enough accomplishment for the night, she introduced herself and we got talking. Cherry was a charmer, she held me spell-bound, she politely declined all overtures towards her with the excuse that she was with her “man”.
What I couldn’t achieve in a church vigil I achieved it with Cherry, we talked non-stop for from 11pm to 6am, and I did not fall asleep. Cherry’s smile was electrifying, it was as if we had known each other for years, the bonding was natural. We became friends, studied together, something I cherished about her. We were the most talked about couple on campus, for the first time I was happy to accept a platonic relationship without qualms.
I got to know that Cherry was from a wealthy home, the odds were stacked against me, what do you offer a beautiful and intelligent lady from a wealthy home I pondered. It was tough, I was sure she loved me but she wasn’t sure as she reminisced about her previous experience, her experience with men was not the least inspiring.

“What of Merry”, Victor asked
“Guy, when you move, you move even Merry knew I had moved on”, I responded.
I was so in love with Cherry that nothing mattered that semester. We were like two inseparable twins, but without commitment.
An opportunity finally came for me to convince Cherry of my love; our love was utopian. It was a common practice to suspend relationships during exam period on campus but for us, the reverse was the case.
On that penultimate day, I was about leaving for my morning paper when Cherry called me that she was feverish. Students pray never to take ill during exam period, as there was usually no one to take care of you plus the risk of missing the exam. I looked at the wall clock in my room, I had a morning paper for that day, I hurriedly left my room, and took a bike to her hostel.
Cherry stayed in a private hostel exclusive for the nouveau riche on campus. I dashed to her room. Cherry was on the floor. My arrival was timely, I managed to get her to the closest hospital, she was weak and light, I recall praying to God to protect my Angel.
Funny enough that was my longest prayer to God for a long while Cherry was admitted, the nurses on duty tried persuading me to go and come back later but I couldn’t leave her bed side, I felt as if a part of me was missing, nothing mattered to me, not even the exam I had missed, the experience was quixotic. Cherry was my candle in a dark world.
Cherry regained full consciousness around 4pm, she didn’t look happy, I felt it was the effect of the medication but I later discovered that it had to do with me missing an important examination for her. She recalled our discussion last night and how I planned to knock-out the lecturer in that course. I was hoping to become the first student to make an “A” in that course, not that Newtonian physics was difficult, but mastering the symbols was akin to learning another language.
“Oh boy, you get mind oh, you missed an exam because of a woman”?, Victor interjected
“Vic, pure love. Love in its purest form, undiluted”, I retorted. Victor was amazed, he has never seen me in such a state.
On our way out of the hospital, I met a course mate, I refused to ask him about the exam, there was no point wallowing in the past, Moonlight in her usual enthusiastic manner asked him about the exam and he informed her that due to sporadic gunshots on campus, the exam was abandoned, I was euphoric, even the heavens were on my side. Without any form of warning, Cherry drew me close, looked into my eyes and planted a kiss on my surprised lips.
“Oga The fish is ready oh…..”, the barman interjected.

1 Like

Re: #thingswedid4love by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
Jesu!! na novel b dz?
Re: #thingswedid4love by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
Zita55:
Jesu!! na novel b dz?
Lolss
Re: #thingswedid4love by Kpeshi10(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ah Ah...... ah no fit finish reading diz book o

(1) (Reply)

The Real Things You Never Knew About Celine And Rene's Marriage / Pretence: The Cause Of Many Failed Relationships / 5 Ways To Manage Jealous Guys When You Have A Hot Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.