Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? (5132 Views)

Life In The 70's/80's Vs Present Day Life / My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Berbierklaus(f): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Nothing. Telling me he woke her up and had makeup sex makes me want to plow his eye angry while I was here cuddling my goddamn pillow.
Awwwwww embarassed

please hug your pillows well,or you too go and marry tongue
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Nothing. Telling me he woke her up and had makeup sex makes me want to plow his eye angry while I was here cuddling my goddamn pillow.

Dirty mind you've got. I didn't say we had sex even though it eventually led to that... same mind blowing we have 80% of the time...

I only asked her to lie on me with clothes on just to hug her and feel her weight on me...

Lobatan
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by SirVintageCock: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Dirty mind you've got. I didn't say we had sex even though it eventually led to that... same mind blowing we have 80% of the time...

I only asked her to lie on me with clothes on just to hug her and feel her weight on me...

Lobatan
can you just stop rubbing it in please cry this lead to that, I don't need the damn detail haba undecided cry
Yeah have a nice a day embarassed
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by SirVintageCock: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Awwwwww embarassed

please hug your pillows well,or you too go and marry tongue
I am saving up for that. Thanks for your genuine concern. undecided
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
ToriBlue:
Hope you guys had great sex after that cheesy

Naughty naughty.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
I'm here to laugh grin
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
sexymoma:
Nonsense!!
it's obvious she knows your weak point emotionally
"You don't talk"
bros make i advice you, anytime she shouts, shout back at her, fear go grip am.. walai she go cry that day "My husband has never shouted at me" Hyme 77, House wives hyme book.
show her the other part of you which i know you have, buh you are jos reserving it.
this lady needs to be put in place, imagine telling you she'll find another man
who wan marray after 2.. she s not serious, single lady sef norver see man
inshrt, i'll tell you she needs to be handled with an iron hand.
It's obvious she s acting like a boss in the marriage, make her understand you guys are in it together.
abi dem march make una ni?

See advice, I'm sure you think you have contributed meaningfully to OP's life abi?

OP, we need to hear from your wife before passing judgement but since we can't my take on this is that you need to be a bit more vocal. Not by quarreling or shouting but by continuing to speak out when your wife does what you don't like

It's possible that she is the forgetful type, when she says yes today she forgets what she said tomorrow. She also seems like the type that is carefree while you seem the serious type. Maybe when you give a rule try to explain why you want her to abide by it(make her know how serious the issue is to you) .

On your part, please try to relax a bit. You know your wife more than we do so please try being a bit flexible and loosen up a bit
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Of recent, I noticed that either she does not want to or she does not like taking orders per se... This is a lady that might call me off from going to church that she wants me to be with her at home and I attend to her cos the Bible even said that we should attend to our wives as Christ does to the church. So she got a cloth from someone that she wants to wear, I asked her not to wear it but will give her money to sew her own same style but she said no and I am sure she wore that cloth when I was not at around... that and some other ones that lead to last two weeks that her friend slept by at our house twice and I called her that she did not discuss it with me or sorts of... you just feel like bringing someone into my house to sleep that I do not want such again, which she said nothing of such would repeat itself again but three days down the line, same thing happened... I was so devastated that have I given her much yard to that extent? She was showing signs of malaria on Friday and telling me she wanted to go to the end of Lagos to give a cloth to her Aunt and I was like... lady you are not going... you need to take care of yourself and you can give the cloth later in the week and we went to bed. But to my surprise the next day, she was dressed up left the house in the early hours and came back around 6pm leaving me with the kids (well no complain about that cos they are mine)...

Much ado about nothing. People have more serious problems and you complain about clothes that were given to her as a gift and about a friend sleeping over for a night. Like seriously?

Relax a little bit and take it easy. A day will come, you will regret spending your days fussing over nothing.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Lobatan

You are wicked o!
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by rex444(m): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
Some of us are lucky to have calm wives, am almost same like u in d aspect of silent treatment but my wife had to talk me out of it plus I listened cos I wanted our union to work. I think you have to really put in more,your wife is like the female version of you,silent treatment would not solve anything especially having a stubborn wife. Communication is what I think you need moreso,women are like kids,no offense. Give them an inch,they desire a yard. Let her know how it should be with an understanding tone. All d best,it will be well okay....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Richy4:

I can't possibly believe this...I mean I can't imagine that a lady will be supporting that other women can come pass the night at her place times without number at her matrimonial home just like that...Please I can understand if you were hunting for likes on this thread but we are talking about something serious here....Who was the person you referred to as the someone telling her not to? the husband? Hmmm!!!!!

I read through your other post here on this particular thread and you mentioned that you were married...I wish I could see your husband..."There must be a rare gem tattooed on his face"...But please the fact that your husband might support other ladies passing the night at your matrimonial home does not mean others can support that..It is just common sense, a silent and unwritten code for most ladies....if u like ask them... And doing that can endanger the family as you mentioned..If you can go any where you like as a married woman and the man can go any where he likes as a married man, I am just wondering what will become of the so called marriage?

So you think I don't have the capacity to make the right decision on the right place to go (or not to) as a married man or woman? Or you think my husband needs me to direct him on places he can on cannot visit?

I just thought we were adult and not children to be taught left from right. Maybe you are right, I really have a problem to be thinking that way cry

And yes, I don't think it's wrong for my female friends to spend the night in my house and vice versa. Honestly, maybe I'm left out of some kind of secret here because I'm not getting it . . . At all!
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
crackhaus:

I keep telling you something is wrong with you, and you think I just feel like trolling. cheesy

And I keep telling you to go and get married . . . . And yet here we are. Smh!
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by baby124: 2:28am On Mar 01, 2017
I picked up a few things. You are controlling and paranoid. You also like to see yourself as perfectionist and you demand the same level of perfection from your wife. That can be boring and stifling.

Also the fact that your wife does not confide in you and cannot seem to make mistakes without seeming like she is talking to her father can be very stifling. The only thing silent treatment will get you is for the both of you to drift far apart.

Silent treatment is only effective for a very short while. What it really gets you in the long run is that your partner can do without you emotionally because silent treatment causes the person you are punishing to eventually learn to emotionally protect themselves against such future abuse. Only immature and petty people engage in silent treatment. There are better ways to approach disagreement. I think you guys need counseling. From what I see your wife is tired of your rigid, controlling and paranoid ways.

What the hell do you mean by you dreamt she had an affair with someone. That is so wrong.
I have had an experience with someone like you before on that issue. I can tell you for free thatvthe person was extremely insecure, immature and emotionally manipulative. I ended up running from the person after a while because it just became draining and depressing after a while. So please work on your self and your insecurities. Stop dreaming senseless dreams that you think will put your wife in check and give you a chance to manipulate her. You will eventually push her out. It's better to do what you are being accused of than to be innocently accused.

You feel the need to control your wife's life that is why she is rebeling against you. Everyone deserves to have a level of control or say over their lives. Because you married her does not mean she does not have plans, thoughts or opinions. You need to stop forcing your opinions on her. Your opinions can be suggestions not orders. The fact is you are dehumanizing her and making her look like a child if she cannot decide for herself is she wants to wear a cloth given to her! You may provide all the money in the world, but keeping her personality and what makes her human is more important than any amount you can provide her. You really need to watch it or that woman may run away from you one day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by cococandy(f): 4:33am On Mar 01, 2017
grin
SirVintageCock:
The sole reason why I don't waste my time writing epistles all in the name of advice.

Op, you creates problems in your home, you jump to nairaland for advice. And then.......kaboom you use our individual posts as an aphrodisiac to have rounds of mind-blowing reconciliation sex you will never had ordinarily.

Buncha m'fuckers.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by cococandy(f): 4:36am On Mar 01, 2017
cool
baby124:
I picked up a few things. You are controlling and paranoid. You also like to see yourself as perfectionist and you demand the same level of perfection from your wife. That can be boring and stifling.

Also the fact that your wife does not confide in you and cannot seem to make mistakes without seeming like she is talking to her father can be very stifling. The only thing silent treatment will get you is for the both of you to drift far apart.

Silent treatment is only effective for a very short while. What it really gets you in the long run is that your partner can do without you emotionally because silent treatment causes the person you are punishing to eventually learn to emotionally protect themselves against such future abuse. Only immature and petty people engage in silent treatment. There are better ways to approach disagreement. I think you guys need counseling. From what I see your wife is tired of your rigid, controlling and paranoid ways.

What the hell do you mean by you dreamt she had an affair with someone. That is so wrong.
I have had an experience with someone like you before on that issue. I can tell you for free thatvthe person was extremely insecure, immature and emotionally manipulative. I ended up running from the person after a while because it just became draining and depressing after a while. So please work on your self and your insecurities. Stop dreaming senseless dreams that you think will put your wife in check and give you a chance to manipulate her. You will eventually push her out. It's better to do what you are being accused of than to be innocently accused.

You feel the need to control your wife's life that is why she is rebeling against you. Everyone deserves to have a level of control or say over their lives. Because you married her does not mean she does not have plans, thoughts or opinions. You need to stop forcing your opinions on her. Your opinions can be suggestions not orders. The fact is you are dehumanizing her and making her look like a child if she cannot decide for herself is she wants to wear a cloth given to her! You may provide all the money in the world, but keeping her personality and what makes her human is more important than any amount you can provide her. You really need to watch it or that woman may run away from you one day.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by crackhaus: 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
Ujoan:

And I keep telling you to go and get married . . . . And yet here we are. Smh!
grin grin
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
crackhaus:

grin grin
I can always help, you know. . . I know a lot of single girls who are JUST LIKE ME. . . I'll be happy to match make tongue grin
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by KevinDein: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
That's why it is absolutely imperative and necessary that we marry the right women. Not only will demonic women make your life a perfect hell, yeah, a flawless one, but peeps outside will somehow find a way to blame you. Amazing right? They make your life a living hell and blame you for it.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
cococandy:
cool

Where's the birthday cake? tongue
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
baby124:

Wrong
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by SlimHan(f): 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ujoan:

I believe the lady is an adult and capable of making the right decisions for herself and her home. Did he give any reasons here why she shouldn't have friends over? Apart from the fact that he's just doesn't like the idea. It's her home too and she reserves the right to invite her guests whenever she likes, without having someone telling her not to.

Most people are not comfortable with what their spouses do, but they don't martial out rules and regulations, they present their case in a meaningful way and hope the other party reasons with them. The way I see it, I can go wherever I like, whenever I like, as far as it doesn't endanger my life and that of my family. If my spouse, for some reason thinks I shouldn't, then I need a good reason, thought out objectively. Not an order to cease and desist! And even then, I reserve the right to make my own choice, because I'm an ADULT who is not in PRISON!

Or do you think a lady should 'sacrific' her friends to Please husband? Is that what you would call 'compromise'? The real question here is, why does she have to? I understand i have to make sacrifices but not for something as harmless as this. It just isn't worth the attention the OP is demanding for it. This just shows he could be a bit controlling.

Also, if he sleeps with any of her friends because she invited them for a visit, then that's on him not her. I can't imagine telling my friends (single or married) not to come visiting because my husband 'banned' it. It's so degrading and belittling!

Marriage is a partnership and if truly your spouse is your partner, you'd find the idea that you have to give her 'directives' a bit odd.
Are you for real? where is the place of compromise in a relationship? I'm not taking op's side but i bet he is a matured man (deduced from his write-up). I hope his wife will not reason like you if she gets to read this.

@op Thank God you are a Christian and you know what the Bible says about divorce so don't make that your resolution. Sit your wife down, discuss at length, go out (Just the both of you) and Pray together as well. In as much as her behavior is a new development and not part of her then she will speak out her mind and settle things amicably.

Note: Please work on that *Silent treatment* part of you. The women folks generally hate that.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by cococandy(f): 1:29am On Mar 02, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Where's the birthday cake? tongue
eaten
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by crackhaus: 7:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Ujoan:

I can always help, you know. . . I know a lot of single girls who are JUST LIKE ME. . . I'll be happy to match make tongue grin
Did I tell you I was searching?
And even if I were searching, why would I want to be with someone JUST LIKE YOU? grin
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
crackhaus:

Did I tell you I was searching?
And even if I were searching, why would I want to be with someone JUST LIKE YOU? grin

Because you are secretly 'admiring' me tongue

Will it kill you to admit it? undecided tongue
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by crackhaus: 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ujoan:

Because you are secretly 'admiring' me tongue

Will it kill you to admit it? undecided tongue
Okay this is funny cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meconium Aspiration Syndrome: Help My Baby / Women: Have U Secured Your Future? / Have Begged Her To Leave My House, She Does Not. Now She Has Missed Her Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.