Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria (16301 Views)

Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report / The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by hardbody: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2017
JARUSHUB:
[b]1, More will be expected of you at interviews.

2, If you did not do well in a job test, it will be the headline when an HR Manager is interviewed: “First Class Graduates Fail NNPC Test” blabla.

3, People expect you to know everything in your field,forgetting you had a first class only in your first degree, it doesn’t make you a professor yet!

4, You will be expected to know everything , even outside your field, beyond basics. In fact, they will tell you they’ve seen a First Class Accounting graduate that cannot build a car!

5, The number of first class applicants for jobs will always be a headline (like the FIRS job news, which inspired this post, anyway).

6, The entrepreneurship noise makers expect every first class to be self-employed or be an entrepreneur, otherwise, they’re corporate slaves.

7, You must be rich. They will use you as example of their friend that made first class and is not rich. They will ask you which grade Dangote made. It doesn’t matter to them that not everyone is motivated by money.[/b]
source: http://www.jarushub.com/7-downsides-of-being-a-first-class-graduate-in-nigeria/

These are good problems to have. Make the first class and then deal with the supposed downsides
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2017
first class my ass

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by olafunny(m): 7:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Being a first class student is fun cheesy

Check dz out

https://www.nairaland.com/3639212/brief-success-story-university/1
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by coolestchris(m): 7:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Ok first class materials over to u..food don set
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by BLoomfrancs(m): 7:44am On Mar 01, 2017
The only thing I know is that life is much bigger than any qualification.

Being a first class graduate doesn't mean you have arrivedgrin

Make I run before Op attacks megrin

1 Like

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 01, 2017
Guess you are 1Class degree holder. Sorry for your loss/pain
JARUSHUB:

2, If you did not do well in a job test, it will be the headline when an HR Manager is interviewed: “First Class Graduates Fail NNPC Test” blabla.

3, People expect you to know everything in your field,forgetting you had a first class only in your first degree, it doesn’t make you a professor yet!

4, You will be expected to know everything , even outside your field, beyond basics. In fact, they will tell you they’ve seen a First Class Accounting graduate that cannot build a car!

5, The number of first class applicants for jobs will always be a headline (like the FIRS job news, which inspired this post, anyway).

6, The entrepreneurship noise makers expect every first class to be self-employed or be an entrepreneur, otherwise, they’re corporate slaves.

7, You must be rich. They will use you as example of their friend that made first class and is not rich. They will ask you which grade Dangote made. It doesn’t matter to them that not everyone is motivated by money.[/b]
source: http://www.jarushub.com/7-downsides-of-being-a-first-class-graduate-in-nigeria/
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Phunkyposh(f): 8:03am On Mar 01, 2017
AntiWailer:
See the nonsense downside you compiled.

Olodo

If you can make FIRST class read hard and make it.

Dnt be deceived by people who dnt have capacity to make FIRST class and kept painting it as if it is not a big deal.

I hire technical and sound people and in my team alone I have more than 3 first class graduates.

They are outstanding and that diligent spirit and fire that earned them the first class is still there.

You spoke well except for the bolded...... A faceless forum tho but a little regards to the OP would have been nice
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Phunkyposh(f): 8:05am On Mar 01, 2017
Awotimi:
This post is shii as well as the poster especially for calling Entrepreneurs noise makers. I'm sure the poster is pained about something relating to school maybe he's a first classgraduate and has notfound anything meaningful to do with his life so he prefers to give excuses. He was even repeating the points sef..

kilode..... take it easy.. undecided

at least he compiled something , compile yours please.
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by priestly1016(m): 8:11am On Mar 01, 2017
in quote not everyone is motivated by money
.so wat did he bagged first class for #CHARITY just passing o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by priestly1016(m): 8:18am On Mar 01, 2017
in quote not everyone is motivated by money
.so wat did he bagged first class for #CHARITY just passing o
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by alex81(m): 8:45am On Mar 01, 2017
kellykessy:
Guess you are 1Class degree holder. Sorry for your loss/pain

yeah he is. Jarus is a 1st class graduate from OAU Economics dept!

loss/pain kwa what is ds one saying are u ok

jarus is an entrepreneur, a speaker,a writer, a consultant, a source of inspiration to many unemployed youths organising job seminars upandan both online and 'offline'. Also works with a leading oil company here in Lagos. I'm a beneficiary of one of dz seminars.

what else do u want a man to be?

just Google jarushub and stop saying what u don't know.

cc:

other haters

4 Likes

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2017
lonelydora:
Most of them don't know real life application of some basic things. They only know theory.

Reminds me of a friend those days of job hunting who thinks Aptitude test is all about being a first class graduate. He wasn't so smart with aptitude test. He looked for job for like 2years + before going back to lecturing.

He's not really smart; more like he crammed his way through school. You can't get first class and be screened by aptitude test. It's weird

2 Likes

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by quisera(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2017
being a First Class graduate means u didn't fail in school and u ain't expected to fail outside school. it makes u a genius...so deal with it wink

1 Like

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Is there any need to reply you.
alex81:

jarus is an entrepreneur, a speaker,a writer, a consultant, a source of inspiration to many unemployed youths organising job seminars upandan both online and 'offline'. Also works with a leading oil company here in Lagos. I'm a beneficiary of one of dz seminars.

cc:

other haters
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by yemitty203: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2017
zombie
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017
All those of you who don't know the op should please Google "Jarus" and "Jarushub".
I'm really worried about the paucity of meaningful comments on the first page of any important topic on Nairaland and I think Seun is part of the problem. Please let nice topics make the front page more then the demographics of Nairaland visitors will change to more intelligent people. Everything doesn't have to be be about traffic for money you know.

2 Likes

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Donelli: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
femi4:
Some were given....not all of them worked for it.

Na you dey explain that one o. grin

You never hear say "no be who read pass, na who pass read". cheesy

Just Donelli wink
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2017
Expectations are always much higher, and that can put pressure on one - but at the end of the day it's worth it, not so much because of the grade itself but because you have proven certain attributes: diligence, persistence, and ambition.

1 Like

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by neahyo(m): 10:20am On Mar 01, 2017
alex81:

cc:

other haters

I'm forever grateful to him for changing my life by reading the articles on his blog in 2015. I hope to write a 'Thank you' message to him this week or next. A Yoruba adage says "A man we rendered help who do not appreciate is synonymous to a robber who stole our goods".

2 Likes

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 01, 2017
JARUSHUB:

In fact, their challenges are much, a mistake that is acceptable for others must not be done by them o.
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Talking(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2017
Shinelle get in here... cool
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2017
ednut1:
Hahahahh so say someone who hammered with his first class. Bros mk we swap na

grin

Donwsides do not mean they outweigh upsides nah
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by obstead200(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
lonelydora:
Most of them don't know real life application of some basic things. They only know theory.

Reminds me of a friend those days of job hunting who thinks Aptitude test is all about being a first class graduate. He wasn't so smart with aptitude test. He looked for job for like 2years + before going back to lecturing.
Today, if u tell that ur friend to leave lecturing, (especially if he is in a federal govt institution) for any job other than a multinational oil company, he will just slap ur face. grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by obstead200(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

He's not really smart; more like he crammed his way through school. You can't get first class and be screened by aptitude test. It's weird
actually, I tend to agree with this. Except the school the guy attended is of the lowest quality in the world.
Go to public universities, sadistic lecturers always make sure u twice deserve it before they grudgingly give u first class.
Go to quality private universities, the quality of teaching and research speaks for itself. U can't scale thru to first class if they are not sure that you will make them very proud with your outstanding intelligence outside school.
Only scam universities will award first class to people who are not really, really, really very very very smart.

Quote me any where.

1 Like

Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by japhethGold: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
PrickGetSize:
I studied Prick and Totology in the University CUNTalomy, Benue State and graduated with a First Class Lower honours. smiley

Do not mention Benue state in your evil comment. Benue is the state for Noble people.
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by PrickGetSize(m): 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
japhethGold:

Do not mention Benue state in your evil comment. Benue is the state for Noble people.

So you can't even take a harmless joke again? shocked shocked shocked
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2017
JARUSHUB:

Hi jarus
Can I please send you my cv for review?
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by JARUSHUB: 12:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Walexz02:

Hi jarus
Can I please send you my cv for review?

Yes you can send but we charge N3,000 for this service. You can contact us via jarushub@gmail.com
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Charlieubochi: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
OPEN RECRUITMENT!!!
Staffs required at PMC LTD.
A graduate with a minimum of 2.2 in any of the following
* Software engr.
* Software developer
* Business analyst
* Mathematician
* Security analyst
* Sales executive
* Digital marketing
* Service desk analyst
* Customer service Rep.
* Accountants
* Economist
Experience level: 0-2 years
Send CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com on or before 20th April 2017.
And non graduates with at least elementary knowledge
* Security personnel
* Cleaners
Salary range: btw #40000 - #60000
Location port Harcourt Rivers state.
send CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com or call 07031513680 or before 20th April 2017.

Forward to all you know, you might be helping someone
Pls share and tag someone who might need this.

Forwarded as received.
Re: 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by nwakaegoabisola(f): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello @shinelle please my friend @hannaholaitan needs your help with past questions as well as pointers for the recruitment process of kpmg. You are one person I know that can do it, thank you and God bless you dear.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ways To Remain Jobless In Nigeria / Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? / 5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.