Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day (6582 Views)

Trump Just Made His First Move In A Clampdown On US Visas For Nigerians / Is It Advisable To Borrow Money From One's Former Student? / Another Former Student Of Benue State University Dies Few Weeks After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Namady(m): 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Many people have the impression that teaching is not a good profession. Believe me If I tell you, teaching is good and also fun. I am 26 and i have been teaching for 4 good years now. (Since March 2013) during my service year. I currently teach Physics in a private secondary school here in Kaduna.

Of course I dont intend to to spend my entire career working there due to some reasons but i try to enjoy it while am in it. I was very upset about something this evening and I decided to check whatsapp to have some deviational therapy from someone and the following chat took place.

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2017

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Namady(m): 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
sauerr:
Wait, I don't get it. You are excited you solved a ridiculously simple question or you are just excited?

I am just glad I managed to put a smile on someone's face. Thats all

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by overhypedsteve(m): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
sauerr:
Wait, I don't get it. You are excited you solved a ridiculously simple question or you are just excited?
dont be surprised some people are actually very emotional and excited about the littlest things.just like me. I took custody of an aloe vera because it stayed alive after i abandoned it for 1 year with no water or care.

16 Likes

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by SuperSuave(m): 5:51am On Mar 01, 2017
overhypedsteve:
dont be surprised some people are actually very emotional and excited about the littlest things.just like me. I took custody of an aloe vera because it stayed alive after i abandoned it for 1 year with no water or care.
baba aloe vera grin

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by overhypedsteve(m): 5:58am On Mar 01, 2017
SuperSuave:
baba aloe vera grin
lol. bought a glass flower pot for it and kept it close to the window in my bathroom. you see it earned me the respect of some of my female visitors.

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by blacq2009(m): 6:59am On Mar 01, 2017
This will never make FP. IJN

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by babyfaceafrica: 7:03am On Mar 01, 2017
blacq2009:
Amen
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Seeing the title of the thread, I expected to see OP's former student finally agreeing to give him punny, not this rubbish. angry

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Amplitron: 8:21am On Mar 01, 2017
@OP you have done right but what should excite you most is that the former student is now a master of the craft or another craft such that they don't need you anymore other than calling in just to say thank you.
I'm not so happy when any of my former students still calls in to ask me to solve a problem s/he should have mastered.

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by agadez007(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2017
God knows if any younger relative ask me this question,i go use style run,i hated physics even as a science student

na copy copy make me pass am for sec school

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 01, 2017
Mumu.
me I though the student has blown and asked him to send His account details angry

LastMumu:
Seeing the title of the thread, I expected to see OP's former student finally agreeing to give him punny, not this rubbish. angry

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by austin5k: 8:45am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by davidica(m): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2017
overhypedsteve:
lol. bought a glass flower pot for it and kept it close to the window in my bathroom. you see it earned me the respect of some of my female visitors.
lol U Like Talk O
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by mojeed4(m): 10:22am On Mar 01, 2017
Namady:
Many people have the impression that teaching is not a good profession. Believe me If I tell you, teaching is good and also fun. I am 26 and i have been teaching for 4 good years now. (Since March 2013) during my service year. I currently teach Physics in a private secondary school here in Kaduna.

Of course I dont intend to to spend my entire career working there due to some reasons but i try to enjoy it while am in it. I was very upset about something this evening and I decided to check whatsapp to have some deviational therapy from someone and the following chat took place.
Why make a simple task so difficult for the poor boy. You could have simple gotten you e from the normal formula k = F/e instead of tryna make it complex again

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Mustiboy(m): 10:54am On Mar 01, 2017
how much are you currently earning as a physics teacher? Peanuts, I guess.
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by overhypedsteve(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2017
davidica:
lol U Like Talk O
you funny wey dey use talk dey tell person say e like talk why you nor use sign language

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by pressplay411(m): 11:49am On Mar 01, 2017
blacq2009:
The humanity! You brutal oh.lol

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by pressplay411(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2017
LastMumu:

lol it was such an anti-climax.
But it's d little things tho, so I get his angle.
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Namady:

I am just glad I managed to put a smile on someone's face. Thats all

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by BlueRayDick: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Different stroke for different folks.....Can't just imagine myself still teaching government as a subject somewhere down in the north, When I can have an office to myself, A.C unit on all day, Work in my field of study, Salary latest by 23rd of the month(six figures of course), profit sharing as at when due and every other perk benefits....Yes I was a good teacher, imparted so much knowledge in the students, that even after their WAEC results were released I still get positive feedback. I was not just cut for teaching in a secondary school enjoying only the feeling of self satisfaction that comes with imparting knowledge, while my pocket is empty as 4ck, So many bills to pay down here in the south and missing the Lagos party on top of it all.

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by hernandson(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
LastMumu:
I wanted to say something by insulting you until I saw your name, I rest my case

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
The kind of mentality Nigerians possess doesn't seem to baffle me. Not a bit. You guys think that success and fulfilment comes when you start counting stacks of dollars? Life is more than making money. Life is more. It's about changing the lives around you. It's better to die poor with a fulfilled smile than die with billions and still, feel empty within. Kudos op.. i can relate to that feeling.. Got a Whatsapp msg last week from a dude in India He told me how my article had helped him overcome his addiction.. It was a day i will never forget lol..

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by EmperorShizzy: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
LastMumu:

werey man grin
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by banjeezay(m): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
Op this made ur day abi?? oya open the door

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by davidica(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
overhypedsteve:
you funny wey dey use talk dey tell person say e like talk why you nor use sign language
na Talk I Go Use So She Go Understand Beta Na,lol
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Namady(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
LastMumu:
U need deliverance.. grin
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Namady(m): 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
Amplitron:
@OP you have done right but what should excite you most is that the former student is now a master of the craft or another craft such that they don't need you anymore other than calling in just to say thank you.
I'm not so happy when any of my former students still calls in to ask me to solve a problem s/he should have mastered.

You're right. He graduated last year and i am assuming he didnt get admission thatz why he is preparing for another jamb

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Namady(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
agadez007:
God knows if any younger relative ask me this question,i go use style run,i hated physics even as a science student

na copy copy make me pass am for sec school

Lol.. many science students believe Physics is hard. My lecturer said 'its like a dead lion from a distance' only few people have the nerves to go and check. Its quite simple if u develop ur interest
Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by agadez007(m): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
Namady:

Lol.. many science students believe Physics is hard. My lecturer said 'its like a dead lion from a distance' only few people have the nerves to go and check. Its quite simple if u develop ur interest
i tried to but it seems the more i tried to like it the harder it got

Re: This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made Day by Namady(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
mojeed4:

Why make a simple task so difficult for the poor boy. You could have simple gotten you e from the normal formula k = F/e instead of tryna make it complex again

Yh I should have done it that way.. thanks

Federal University Of Ado-ekiti Oye / Never Write An Application Letter Like This / Unaab Pre-degree Forms Available.