Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... (3171 Views)

COVID-19 And Muslims In Nigeria- Nigerian Supreme Council For Islamic Affairs / Ahmadi Muslims And Muslims, Any Difference And Similarities? / Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2017

Exodus 3:15 ►
God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' "This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.

Where does the name allah, the god of the Muslim came from? This biblical verse says. From Generation to Generation, the Jews shall call Him by this Name

I believe the name all.ah was never mentioned at anytime in the Torah/Bible. And the God of Abraham never called Himself allah. Can anyone please provide from the Torah /Bible where God ever called Himself all.ah?

Thank you in advance.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by investoor: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Poo

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by ammyluv2002(f): 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
I think it has to do with the translations.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
ammyluv2002:
I think it has to do with the translations.
So the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacab is translated to All.ah? Read te verse very well.

Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by olasaad(f): 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
And what should we do now? To start dancing with you. Another useless post

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
olasaad:
And what should we do now? To start dancing with you. Another useless post

Did you see where it states you should dance in the OP? Oya, Start reasoning or kindly remain walk out peaceful if you do not have anything contribution. You are not Obliged smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nonsense !!

Religious fanatics everywhere .
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
carmag:
Nonsense !!

Religious fanatics everywhere
Na Question the OP asked before. Whats Fanatic in the OP? undecided
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
plappville:

Na Question the OP asked before. Whats Fanatic in the OP? undecided

Do you need to be told the controversy that will ensue with this kind of thread
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by EazyMoh(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lol! Can you then give us the original name he called himself then?
Am pretty sure it's not the name "God" you have been referring Him too through our your OP.
*Modified
OK the OP said that name is Yahweh or Jehovah. But even here there is problem, Yahweh and Jehovah are two different sounding names. OK let's agree for the sake of argument they are one name.
Then what of the name GOD itself? If we are only to refer to the most high as Yahweh/Jehovah that means using the word GOD is also going against the verse in Exodus 3:15.
In a Yoruba church Yahweh is called Oluwa.
In an Igbo church He is referred to as Chineke.
In the north Ubangiji/Allah.
In Akwa Ibom the same Yahweh is called A basic even church service and Erik Bibles.
In Malaysia Christian translated Bible uses Allah to refer to Yahweh from the beginning to the end, so does Arabic Bible. Are you saying all those Christians are wrong any the four nairaland super Christians are right?
Cc palpville albagdhadi

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
They have no answer brother. The god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2017
carmag:

Do you need to be told the controversy that will ensue with this kind of thread

You are not serious. How else can people who never read the quran know the truth? Many Muslims are Muslims because they are born Muslim. They know nothing about the man they call "Noble prophet nor the origin of the book the call the Noble Quran" This thread is open. Let everyone be free to ask Questions. There is no bad intention. It is for good.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:
Lol! Can you then give us the original name he called himself then?
Am pretty sure it's not the name "God" you have been referring Him too through our your OP.

Read the OP. He told them to call himlike that. If you believe in Same God as the Israelites then obey this verse except you believe allah is a different god. I will not ask Buddhism Confucianism or Taoism this question.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 11:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Junia:
They have no answer brother. The god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.

Exactly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by EazyMoh(m): 11:16am On Mar 01, 2017
plappville:

Read the OP. He told them to call himlike that. If you believe in Same God as the Israelites then obey this verse except you believe allah is a different god. I will not ask Buddhism Confucianism or Taoism this question.
Like what exactly? Which name was Hw referring to?
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by EazyMoh(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2017
Junia:
And Christians in Malaysia and Arab world are dragging the name of a pagan god to refer to YAHWEH in their Bible. Continue.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

And Christians in Malaysia and Arab world are dragging the name of a pagan god to refer to YAHWEH in their Bible. Continue.

YAHWEH is the Most High God. He has existed long ago before this people are trying to do what they want.
But for allah, he was a pagan god was existed long ago even before islam
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by GoodMuyis(m): 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
investoor:
Poo
And you decided to invest poo on this educative thread
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by GoodMuyis(m): 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
I think Allah is referring to the greatest idol in mecca, before being ported by Mohammed

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

Like what exactly? Which name was Hw referring to?

Read the OP and tell me how God want His People to Call him. If you still didnt get the message. Then stay aside and watch.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

YAHWEH (LORD, JEHOVAH)
(yah-weh)
Lord, Jehovah
Use in the Bible: In the Old Testament Yahweh occurs 6,519 times. This name is used more than any other name of God. Yahweh is first used in Gen 2:4.
Variant spellings: YHWH, Jehovah
TWOT Reference: 484a
Strong's Reference: H3068
Yahwehin the Septuagint: kurios - Lord, Master
despotês - Lord, Master, denoting the omnipotence of God (TDNT), despot, absolute ruler
Meaning and Derivation: Yahweh is the promised name of God. This name of God which (by Jewish tradition) is too holy to voice, is actually spelled "YHWH" without vowels. YHWH is referred to as the Tetragrammaton (which simply means "the four letters"wink. YHWH comes from the Hebrew letters: Yud, Hay, Vav, Hay. While YHWH is first used in Genesis 2, God did not reveal Himself as YHWH until Exodus 3. The modern spelling as "Yahweh" includes vowels to assist in pronunciation. Many pronounce YHWH as "Yahweh" or "Jehovah." We no longer know for certain the exact pronunciation. During the third century A.D., the Jewish people stopped saying this name in fear of contravening the commandment "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain" (Exd 20:7). As a result of this, Adonai is occasionally a substitute for YHWH. The following compound names which start with "YHWH" have been shown using "Jehovah." This is due to the common usage of "Jehovah" in the English of these compound names in the early English translations of the Bible (e.g., the Geneva Bible, the King James Version, etc.).
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by true2god: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
plappville:

Exactly.
Mohammed's father's name is abdullah (slave of allahh) ibn abdulmutalib. This name alone give us an idea of the god Mohammed served, that is the god of his ancestors which is allahh.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
true2god:
Mohammed's father's name is abdullah (slave of allahh) ibn abdulmutalib. This name alone give us an idea of the god Mohammed served, that is the god of his ancestors which is allahh.

You see, i know some truth about the name allah will start pouring out. Allah has never and will never be the God of Israel. The God that called himself Father to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. May God deliver them from the spirit of allah. AMEN. smiley
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by EazyMoh(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
true2god:
Yoruba and Igbo have been using Oluwa and Chineke respectively to refer to the most high God, since before they come in contact with Christianity. Does that mean they are now referring to a pagan god when they call on Oluwa or Chineke in church?
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by true2god: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

Yoruba and Igbo have been using Oluwa and Chineke respectively to refer to the most high God, since before they come in contact with Christianity. Does that mean they are now referring to a pagan god when they call on Oluwa or Chineke in church?
Do you mean I can say 'there is no god but chukwu and mohammed is his prophet' (as an Igbo man)? Can I say 'there is no god but Olorun and mohammed is his prophet (as a yoruba man)? Let me learn please.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by Auki: 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
plappville:

So the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacab is translated to All.ah? Read te verse very well.

Thanks.

You are not creating this thread to learn.

You make up ur mind to ridicule your creator.

Seek knowledge honestly. Rage against Islam religion will not help you.

I wish you realized the truth before your final seconds here on earth.

Hell will be your eternal abode if you don't make amend.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by true2god: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Auki:

Which creator, do you mean allahh? Thats a millenia joke. Can you show me a quranic verse that says mohammed is going to heaven?

The sole prophet of allahh is mohammed. No any real prophet has business with allahh except mohammed, and Islam starts and ends with mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by plappville(f): 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Auki:

Allah is not the creator. Stop this lie

At bold should be for you. See the glaring truth and shying away. angry
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by EazyMoh(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
true2god:
Do you mean I can say 'there is no god but chukwu and mohammed is his prophet' (as an Igbo man)? Can I say 'there is no god but Olorun and mohammed is his prophet (as a yoruba man)? Let me learn please.
Yes!
So long by calling with those names at the back of your mind you are referring to the most high God as the one Who created everything and everyone, and only Him deserve to be worshiped.
You are absolutely on the right path. Muslims don't have a problem referring to Allah as God or Ubangiji when communicating in English or Hausa respectively.
Now answer my question.
Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by true2god: 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

Yes!
So long by calling with those names at the back of your mind you are referring to the most high God as the one Who created everything and everyone, and only Him deserve to be worshiped.
You are absolutely on the right path. Muslims don't have a problem referring to Allah as God or Ubangiji when communicating in English or Hausa respectively.
Now answer my question.
If you go to hajj please say loudly 'there is no god but olorun and mohammed is his prophet' and come back and see what will happen to you. Stop deceiving yourself, you wont come back alive if you dare try that in saudi arabia or iran. You cant be more islamic that mohammed or the saudis. The saudis fully have a better understanding that allahh is different from the yoruba deity called 'olorun'.

Thats my piece of advice for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... by idee91: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
EazyMoh:

Yes!
Now answer my question.
When you go to churches that speak hausa here in the north, they use the word ALLAH to refer to God. Educate them please......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salafist Militants Destroying Islam's History In Africa / Symbolism Of The "Black Stone" - Polytheism Or Monotheism? / Are The Four Books Of Allah Perfect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.