Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? (1387 Views)

Akasi Andoh Wedding: "I’m 35 Years, A Single Mum, Fat With Stretch Marks" / If You're His Mum. What Will You Say To Him? / If This Man Slap Ur Mum What Will You Do? Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ChiSun27(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Please Nlanders, I'm currently in love with a single mum (she has a son) but my fear is still that fear of marrying a single mum.

So, what is it like marrying a Single mum?
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Badgers14: 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
First, try to understand the story of the baby daddy.. Where is he? etc
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:10am On Mar 01, 2017
undecided

Wat do u scared of?
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by mazizitonene(m): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2017
very dicy situation.......If u can, tell her to send the son to his father if u want to marry her...

but in all ya doings. ...FEAR WOMEN...apply caution...lemi sleep fess
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
undecided

Wat do u scared of?

SMH
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by menxer: 12:33am On Mar 01, 2017
Accept her child with love and you will have nothing to fear except your need to be the Centre of her life.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by babyfaceafrica: 12:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Lolz...risky..hut then life itself is a risk.. Just pray the child behaves him or herself.. No matter what you do..you are not the fathet

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Truesapiosexual(f): 1:35am On Mar 01, 2017
And a strange woman raises her son, imagine talk ...OP almost every month guys always open similar thread, alot has been said on this topic, refer back to old threads ...
mazizitonene:
very dicy situation.......If u can, tell her to send the son to his father if u want to marry her...

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by odogwu190(m): 3:45am On Mar 01, 2017
Breast for the up pussy for the down
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Well if you love her and she has a good character, then its nothing, there are ups and down.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ChiSun27(m): 6:45am On Mar 01, 2017
mazizitonene:

Sending the son to the father is d least she would want to do...that side na no go area.

I don't want a situation whereby the man will come knocking for the son tomorrow, though I plan adopting the boy and changing his name to mine.
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ChiSun27(m): 6:47am On Mar 01, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
undecided

Wat do u scared of?

Raising another man's son and in the future the dad will just surface from nowhere claiming what's not.
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ChiSun27(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2017
Badgers14:
First, try to understand the story of the baby daddy.. Where is he? etc

She doesn't know...as he does not come around.
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Badgers14: 7:03am On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:

She doesn't know...as he does not come around.

She doesn't know who the baby daddy is? Or she doesn't know where he stays

Bro, my personal opinion, forget about the stigma of single mothers in Nigeria society. We all are humans, we make mistakes.
Some of this slay queen you see around habe aborted countless times but people that kept their pregnancy are perceived as wayward.

But, a very big but there.. Before you proceed, you need to understand the story behind her son, and everything to avoid tearing your future family apart. Remember if dude shows up tomorrow to see his son, are you going to stop him? She might still have a little thingy for the baby daddy remember they have a child together... These and many more are the things you need to put in to perspective before making a decision.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by skillzbae(f): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2017
Know what happened btw her and d baby daddy, if it's an OK story, go ahead, if the story seem shady, stay away till you know the truth. If after everything you are OK, Love the son so much and try to bound with him. she will love u and be loyal

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ChiSun27(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2017
Badgers14:

She doesn't know who the baby daddy is? Or she doesn't know where he stays

Bro, my personal opinion, forget about the stigma of single mothers in Nigeria society. We all are humans, we make mistakes.
Some of this slay queen you see around habe aborted countless times but people that kept their pregnancy are perceived as wayward.

But, a very big but there.. Before you proceed, you need to understand the story behind her son, and everything to avoid tearing your future family apart. Remember if dude shows up tomorrow to see his son, are you going to stop him? She might still have a little thingy for the baby daddy remember they have a child together... These and many more are the things you need to put in to perspective before making a decision.

Goodluck

What I meant was that she doesn't know the where about of the dude.

Nice one though.

Thanks.
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by mazizitonene(m): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:

Sending the son to the father is d least she would want to do...that side na no go area.

I don't want a situation whereby the man will come knocking for the son tomorrow, though I plan adopting the boy and changing his name to mine.
the bolded is a major problem, and worse so if he becomes an influential figure....but if u have decided on adoption....pray the boy is sensible....still remember, blood is thicker than water....

I'll also advice u look around and find a man that has done what u are about to do....For @least 20 years......enquire on how it's going....and how successful he has been....
#my2kobo

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by mazizitonene(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Truesapiosexual:
And a strange woman raises her son, imagine talk ...OP almost every month guys always open similar thread, alot has been said on this topic, refer back to old threads ...
that's why I said it's dicy.....tho we know most women are pure evil @ raising anothers' child undecided
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by DrtroubleM: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Bweast is up.. toto is down undecided
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Jodha(f): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2017
My own bone of contention is the poor child... I don't really fancy.. A child growing from a broken home and all...

Before yhu think of doing anything with the mother.. Bond very well with that boy... He should see yhu as his.. On no account should yhu think he's not yhur son.. Treat him as yhu would treat your son.. Accept full responsibility for that boy..

Do some research about the boy's father.. In a case where he's dead.. Or refuses to take responsibility of his son.. I'd advice yhu to adopt the child as yhurs..

After doing all that then yhu can talk of any serious relationship with his mother..

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by mazizitonene(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:

Nice one though.

Thanks.
you go surprise where the man go jump out from in future......If him himself no come....u fit see him kinsmen or village people jump out.....(I've seen it happen before)

again imagine on ur demise....nigga go come dey drag property with ya legit shiiddren

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Badgers14: 8:44am On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:

Nice one though.

Thanks.

I am not even convinced with that statement..

You need to dig deep my guy if you are really planning a future with her.

Identify potential matters that are likely to crop up in the future and address them.. I have seen something my guy... Story for another day.

Like always, Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Truesapiosexual(f): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2017
Better oo cos that would be a miatake she would live to regret...[ quote author=mazizitonene post=54160926]that's why I said it's dicy.....tho we know most women are pure evil @ raising anothers' child undecided [/quote]
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:
Please Nlanders, I'm currently in love with a single mum (she has a son) but my fear is still that fear of marrying a single mum.

She is too good for you
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ChiSun27(m): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2017
mazizitonene:
you go surprise where the man go jump out from in future......If him himself no come....u fit see him kinsmen or village people jump out.....(I've seen it happen before)

again imagine on ur demise....nigga go come dey drag property with ya legit shiiddren

Tough one...
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2017
Two problems you have to consider are:

Getting to Love and care for a son not yours

Sharing her attention.

If you can cope with these then you have no downs smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by ehinmowo: 10:53am On Mar 01, 2017
As long as you have money and physically fit to Maintain d statosquo. Else, watch as d child grows up to become a pain in ur back and watch as mommy and child gradually connive to become ur enemy.
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by Ifakiland(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:

Don't u AV a mom?
A Yoruba mom will never allow a Yoruba son marry a single mom. Y will u be raising anoda man son? And den he will later want to be in ur will to share ur property with ur kids. My guy if ure a son of oduaa just fork dat pvssy and move on already.....a single mom has d mindset of been on deir own if u mess up she will also leave with ur child and be a single mom to anoda man after u
Re: I'm In Love With A Single Mum: What Are The Ups And Downs? by olac21(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
ChiSun27:

Why..can't you give birth to your own kids??

(1) (Reply)

Can You Break Your Boy/Girl Friends Leg For 5million Dollars / Top African Countries Whose Women Undergoes Skin Bleaching (image) / Story That Touches The Heart-----------

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.