Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Issue With My Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issue With My Toyota Camry (1292 Views)

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue With My Toyota Camry by djlakeside(m): 6:54am On Mar 01, 2017
Hello house!

I have a Toyota camry 2000. Occasionally I discover that while driving, the brake will just seize to catch, accelerator will not be working, speedometer malfunctioning at the same time. I will have to stop and re-ignite before it will come back to normal. Please, what could be the problem?
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by captainking(m): 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
djlakeside:
Hello house!

I have a Toyota camry 2000. Occasionally I discover that while driving, the brake will just seize to catch, accelerator will not be working, speedometer malfunctioning at the same time. I will have to stop and re-ignite before it will come back to normal. Please, what could be the problem?
Gazzuzz,. Kingreign, mayor2013.. Mayor123... Nurey... Luvinhubby... And all car gurus.. Come and help with this car spiritual problem oo
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by nurey(m): 9:01am On Mar 01, 2017
djlakeside:
Hello house!

With the symptoms you described, seems your engine shutdown in motion. Please confirm this and revert back
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by AutosBay(m): 6:46am On Mar 02, 2017
Please call 08181259891 we fix & repair all Toyota brands
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by djlakeside(m): 5:33am On Mar 07, 2017
No, the engine didnt shut down because the speedometer was moving "zigzagly" when I had already parked but the engine was still on.

nurey:

With the symptoms you described, seems your engine shutdown in motion. Please confirm this and revert back
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by djlakeside(m): 5:37am On Mar 07, 2017
AutosBay:
Please call 08181259891 we fix & repair all Toyota brands

I reside in Ilesa, Osun State not in Lagos.
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by nurey(m): 8:15am On Mar 07, 2017
djlakeside:
No, the engine didnt shut down because the speedometer was moving "zigzagly" when I had already parked but the engine was still on.

OK, scan the car and let's work with codes, it's easier that way.

Also when you say brake refuse to catch, is the brake soft and doesn't catch or hard and takes time to catch. Also differentiate between speedometer and tachometer (Rev counter). Which of the two was zigzagging grin
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by aAK1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Check your battery terminal. When ever my 2.0 terminal comes off it behaves just as you have described

1 Like

Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by Mojibola(m): 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
Have it scanned.
Re: Issue With My Toyota Camry by ChrisChino(m): 2:05am On Mar 09, 2017
check battery terminals..

(1) (Reply)

Acura CDX Will Be The Baby Of Acura Suvs (CDX) / . / First Time Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.