Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday (35459 Views)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / My Toyota Corolla Vandalized / Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by kamtrix(m): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2019
Good morning guys.

Yesterday morning my toyota corolla was broken into and vandalized. The small window at the back was broken and the car opened. The brain box and the power window rollers were stolen. We have insurance with Axa Mansard And we have reported to the police.

The driver has also taken taken the required pictures.

Please I need guidance and advice on how to go about it with the insurance company and what I should do as this is my first dealing with the insurance company after buying the insurance. Also, should I increase the estimated cost of repair to be higher than the real amount. Please this is an emergency. Thanks. God bless you all.

Please help push to fp

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
Normally they will send their agents across to make estimates, so sorry about your loss

35 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by kamtrix(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2019
Luciferlove:
Normally they will send their agents across to make estimates, so sorry about your loss
Thanks. I've done my own estimate and it's 60k for repairs . Should I follow up the agent and is there any possibility of them trying to reduce the real amount. and is it advisable that I inflate my estimate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by kamtrix(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2019
I still need more contributions please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by money121(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ok
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
Corolla again? How do owners of that car sleep at night? That car is high risk. Sorry about your situation.

You are in safe hands with AxaMansard.

-You can increase the cost, but that won't make them not to bargain. They have mechanics, panel beaters and contacts in Ladipo sef. So, their representative would check out the damage and come up with a cost.

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they gave me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

It has been months and I haven't fixed that car. I am waiting for another person to bash me again- same spot. So, that I will go back for another round. I promise to fix it this time.

Whichever way they bargain, they would try not to lose you or annoy you. Highest is that you won't see much "gain", but it must cover the damage.

Hope your car is COMPREHENSIVELY INSURED. Mine is...

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by thorpido(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Is it comprehensive insurance?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Came4amod: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:
Good morning guys.

Yesterday morning my toyota corolla was broken into and vandalized. The small window at the back was broken and the car opened. The brain box and the power window rollers were stolen. We have insurance with Axa Mansard And we have reported to the police.

Please I need guidance and advice on how to go about it with the insurance company and what I should do as this is my first dealing with the insurance company after buying the insurance. Also, should I increase the estimated cost of repair to be higher than the real amount. Please this is an emergency. Thanks. God bless you all.

Please help push to fp

Bros if its 4k insurance u did just jejely fix ur car ..

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Sonfethopia: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Criticaltemp: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Im Nigeria, insurance schemes r scam.. Just save money n repay it or buy a new one.. They will blame u for spoiling it first

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Metu2016: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Really

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Came4amod: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Bros if its 4k insurance u did .. Just jejely fix ur car
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:
Corolla again? How do owners of that car sleep at night? That car is high risk. Sorry about your situation.

-You can increase the cost, but that won't make them not to bargain. They have mechanics, panel beaters and contacts in Ladipo sef. So, their representative would check out the damage and come up with a cost.

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they have me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

It has been months and I haven't fixed that car. I am waiting for another person to bash me again- same spot. So, that I will go back for another round. I promise to fix it this time.

Whichever way they bargain, they would try not to lose you or annoy you. Highest is that you won't see much "gain", but it must cover the damage.
Is that not wickedness?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by kelblaze(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Luciferlove:
True!
But you'll need to get a quotation of things to be bought + workmanship from a reputable automobile repair workshop.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Dottore: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they have me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

So we are many in this thief business. i claimed 50 for my bumper and spraying. but baba wasiu fixed it for 10k, mechanic who wrote the invoice got 5k . we cant make heaven babes

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by gift2xl: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by BlueRayDick: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:
Good morning guys.

Please help push to fp

No u don't need to inflate it. Get a mechanic or an organized garage operator where u service Ur vehicle. Have them quote for the repairs.

If their quote is reasonable considering market value of the damaged parts, there might be no need for reduction in the offer u wilm get eventually. However, if the quote seems unreasonable in line with market value, the insurance company will do definitely have the items quoted revisited. The insurance company have people who are professionals that know the cost of repairs of these vehicles at their finger tips, so inflating the cost of repairs will do u no good in the long run and will only leed to the settlement process dragging too long

All you need do presently is fill a claim form( they should forward one to u), send the pictures of the damaged vehicle and forward the estimate of claims. Be rest assured they will call the repairer / mechanic who quoted the estimate( So it's best the repairer quoting puts his quotation on his letter head that shows his phone number/contact address). If the company is pro active u should get Ur claim settled in a matter of days.

NB: U don't need need police statement except it's an accident that involves loss of life/ bodily injury or total theft of the vehicle. Don't waste money collecting police report at a cost. Nobody will give u back such money

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by twinskenny(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they gave me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

come let me bash you lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Goodbloke:
Is that not wickedness?

What is wickedness?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by americaninja1: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Are u 60k would even fix the car.. Just make sure ur estimation is right and add a little plus incase of additional bills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Richmoney1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Register your vehicle/ Renewal of your particulars and get free third party insurance... call 08087156006
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Timileyin1234(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

Ole

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Lilimax(f): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:
Good morning guys.

Please help push to fp
Is it a third Party Insurance or Comprehensive insurance?
This will determine how fast you'll get your money back.
Take the necessary pictures and let the insurance company come for their inspection before taking the vehicles for repairs.
Often time, they'll will propose their own mechanics.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by GrandMufti: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Came4amod:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by emerged01(m): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Came4amod:

Lol!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by incogni2o: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
G

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tina26:
So we are many in this thief business. i claimed 50 for my bumper and spraying. but baba wasiu fixed it for 10k, mechanic who wrote the invoice got 5k . we cant make heaven babes

Babe, I chop the money finish ehn. They said I should go to Ladipo, I told them I don't know Ladipo o. All my car parts na from Coscharis. Naso we dey wire mails like mad people.

I chop their money jare. Make another person make mistake bash me for that place again. Haqhaqhaq!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by incogni2o: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
If it is comprehensive. You are safe in hier hands, but if 3rd party.....pele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Mercedes Benz GLB Concept Unveiled (photos) / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.