Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do You Believe In Angels? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Angels? (9772 Views)

God And His Angels. / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
Angels is a rather big word which if we must define we need to restrict.
Restricting the context to the realm of beings created by God outside humans (note that in our everyday life we can refer to other humans as our angels due to their actions, etc, I wish to exclude the category),

I will say that angels originally referred to all other beings created by God, outside of human beings.
For one, God started the art of creation long before the creation of what we often refer to as the universe. He first made his only begotten son, before any other thing. This son was his word (expression of will and power), and through him everything that is made was made including humans and angels. The actual definition of the limit of what God created in the six day creation story is not so clear, but we know it is not the totality of everything. What he made was mainly the kingdom he built for man. Some might argue that it includes just the earth, or just the solar system, or just the universe. But mind you it has been scientifically proven that the term universe is false, there are many verses, thus we know a multi-verse system exists, with reality varying in each verse (research on membrane theory that replaced string theory to get details).
What then is the difference between men and angels? God the fathers, was quoted in genesis, "let us make man in our own image and after our likeness." Thus the first is that man is the only being that was made to resemble God but not exclusively. Some angels might have similar features to man but many do not. If you look through revelations you will find the description of the elders who bow at God’s throne and their many eyes. (Am sorry I do not remember verses off head). Mind you also that most likely angels far outnumber men, hence the often quote of the bible “the host of heaven”.
If you agree that God’s creation art started before the six-days story, then you will note that most things made before then had no form and were void in terms of physical reality. It then follows that a lot of the beings made were also of such elusive nature. Thus, while we cannot claim that there are no angels with physical forms, we will be oversimplifying the situation to claim that most angels have physical form. This is the basis of the teaching that if we do not allow the devil into our minds, it has no way of influencing the physical, since it is not physical and has no powers of creation since it was not made in God’s image. To deceive Eve, it had to rely on a snake, capitalizing on the snakes witty nature. The snake was purnished for sucombing, it since crawled on it belly.
Now about the devil, it is the second being made in the hierarchy of authority. Its original name is “Lucifer”, this means the light bearer. This name literally refers to the morning star that heralds dawn, but the same was ascribed as the devil in Isaiah 14:12 quoted below
12"How(J) you are fallen from heaven,
  O Day Star,(K) son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
  you who laid the nations low!
13You said in your heart,
  (L) 'I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
  (M) I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
  in the far reaches of the north;[b]
14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
  I will make myself like the Most High.'
15(N) But you are brought down to Sheol,
  to the far reaches of the pit.
This verse shows the very thing that became wrong with Lucifer. First note it is called the “day star” and the “son of dawn”. This is the premise on which it has been argued that Lucifer is no ugly being, to bear the light is to lead the procession in Gods path. Such a being must have been made as beautiful as light is. It is also believed that this endowment and position is the cause of the pride and haughtiness that made Lucifer see himself to be as good as God himself, thus his continued vow to ascend above Gods stars (angels) and make himself like the most high (verse 13, and 14 above).
Note that the verse describes the already fallen Lucifer and his continued vow to ascend and rival God. Lucifer did indeed convince other angels and made war in heaven, thus was cast down (the exact time in history am not sure but this was before Adam and Eve disobeyed God). Each of the angels that followed Lucifer had a personal name. As a kid I came across a book by a reformed spiritualist who claimed to have dined and wined with the particular spirit that often inhabits the waters of the earth and often called the queen of the coast. I think he gave her real name as “Margot.” Am not so sure anymore, but he claimed to have heard the names of the fallen angels from it and made a list.
Mind you that the angel Gabriel and Michael often referred to in the bible are lower than Lucifer in hierarchy. The real nature of this hierarchy I do not know, and seriously doubt the 3 sphere arrangement described by the poster. The book of Daniels described the delay in delivering Gods message to Daniel, Lucifer the “Prince of Persia” had withstood Gabriel, Michael came to strengthen Gabriel, but still they could not withstand, till they stopped fighting in their own rights, but rather in the name of the Almighty. Only God and his begotten son had the capacity and authority above that God gave to Lucifer. Mind you also that before Christ, Lucifers continued to attend the calls and gathering of the sons of God (see Job).
There is also a form who had this capacity to command Lucifer, “Man”. The bible say that man was made in the image of God, and a little above the angels. This was the cause of Lucifer’s sworn enmity to destroy man, as we were multiplying the Gap between his position and where God is. Thus making it more difficult everyday for him ascend to heaven, except when he rules us. That was Gods design in making us, beings with whom he could share companionship, who resembled him, and who willingly obey and worship him unlike angels. He made men as gods. To satisfy that definition God also made a Kingdom for men (the world), so there will never be more than a one king of heaven.(See the teachings of Miles Munroe to better understand the Kingdomship).
Only that the first man by the same free will that placed him above the angels, gave away his kingdom to Lucifer disguised as a snake when he choose to disobey God and heed Lucifer. That is why when Lucifer encountered Jesus, he rightly claimed that all that was in the world was then his.    
In summary: all that we call spiritual being, apart from God, use to be angels. The fallen ones are today on earth disguising themselves as demi-gods in various shrines, oracles, marine spirits, etc. In earlier times they even joined in marrying the daughters of men who gave birth to abnormal offsprings (see Greek Gods and mythology) until the Almighty rebuked this. Today as they continue to scheme to ascend Lucifer to the throne of the All Mighty, the loyal angels of God and the Holy spirit are also present leading men into all the truth and ensuring that the power by which the All Might raised Christ (the second Adam and God made man) from death to his right full place in his right hand along with all men that follow him, is made available to those men to resist the incursions of Lucifer’s and his group.
(see Ephesians 4)
Effectively the gap between God and Lucifer keeps enlarging as more men heed Christ and denounce Lucifer thus return to their position above the angels. Even as the Almighty has set in motion his plans to put all things under the feet of his only begotten son, including the earth and not just heaven, with the final destruction of Lucifer and his group. But this will also take time as every man must be allowed that free will of choosing God, himself or Lucifer. Those who choose themselves are as haughty as Lucifer.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

1. If something is said to be the summit of all thoughts such as God is, what effect do you think proximity to that summit will have on the mind of any conscious being that approaches it? Just cos you claim to be an athiest is no reason your brain should not be able to grasp basic logic on non-material matters.
Yea reflect on this too, if something is said to be the summit of all crap like this post is, what does it mean?

What you think and what is are two different things.

Have you ever approached the "summit of all thought" to know what goes on there-in?

You people are such sick jokers, you all claim god cannot be phantomed, he cannot be reasoned out yet every tom, di.ck and harry out there has a thought out idea of god they think is the ultimate in accuracy.

Basic logic my arsse, show me where it says in logic that crap you posted up there.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by toosoon(m): 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
Spyker:

Well, don't you think the bible is full of parables and symbols. Do you think the animals adam named by himself can be wiser if not possessed by the demon. Being crafty in nature does not mean wise. The snake was punished, same was Adam and eve. That is God's way of punishing us for misusing our freewill. Adam blamed eve, Eve blamed the snake or serpent, so who will the snake blame?

the snake should blame the devil grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
It is understood as a trancendental element initiated in a realm of existence inaccesible to gross matter.So again, omnipresence does not have the simplistic and pedestrain connotation that you so lazily table forth.
I am not interested in stories about war in heaven or whatever. You were so hasty to reach judgment that you could not see i was only offering a possible logical explanation of a myth.
More crap.
Ominipresent = Ominipresent. All other rants are meaningless.

God is everywhere and sees everything, what else does that mean but being everywhere?

Now you ridiculously claim its gods power that transcends everywhere but his presence is in heaven. . .you're a joker. What is prescence without power and power without prescence?

You cannot coat bullsh*t in grammer and expect us to swallow. BS = BS .

Like I said, you're a phoney. U take bits of every religion and whitewash it to fit your delusions then when the silliness is exposed you run claimin to be exploring the myth.try again
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by real4life: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
According to the story the devil was an angel that was sent to earth by god before he created adam and eve. Is this correct?

I think the devil was not an angel rather he is a spirit.

Angels have been created without freewill and can never act against Gods command, in other words they can never sin. On the other hand, human beings and spirits have been created with free will, hence some are good while some are bad.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Smi1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
I laught in Tunis!! are you guys really studying the complete bible because i losted interest in reading bible since i found out the book wasnt complete
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
Sure angels exist and i believe in them!
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by tinuade001(f): 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
Angels are real.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by stede(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Sure angels exist and i believe in them!
have seen one before, ?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by agabaI23(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
yes
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by DeepSight(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
Tudór:

More crap.
Ominipresent = Ominipresent. All other rants are meaningless.

God is everywhere and sees everything, what else does that mean but being everywhere?

Now you ridiculously claim its gods power that transcends everywhere but his presence is in heaven. . .you're a joker. What is prescence without power and power without prescence?

You cannot coat bullsh*t in grammer and expect us to swallow. BS = BS .

Like I said, you're a phoney. U take bits of every religion and whitewash it to fit your delusions then when the silliness is exposed you run claimin to be exploring the myth.try again

I honestly cannot say that i expected a reasoned response from you. Dumb knee jerk reactions always.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by grace5: 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
i have seen them more than one occasion,one i saw very well look like man but with big wings at his back
also as said very white than snow, anything i have seen in white.
very tall maybe 7 to 8 ft.very powerfull
he does fly.
have a determined look in his eyes.
i felt peace with him.

hope this will help

thank
s
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
Sure Angels exist, Devil and his followers are bad angels, they sinned against God and was kicked-out of heaven by God. The fact is that men were created as small God above all angels that was why we can create things like cars, houses etc. I think this talk about angel is above man, Is like thinking on how God came into existance. it is insanity in the highest order!
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by koolchicco: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
Sonofpeace:

Sure Angels exist,  Devil and his followers are bad angels, they sinned against God and was kicked-out of heaven by God. The fact is that men were created as small God above all angels that was why we can create things like cars, houses etc. [size=15pt]I think this talk about angel is above man[/size],  Is like thinking on how God came into existance. it is insanity in the highest order!

Spot ON!!. . And thus I refrain from commenting on this thread! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2009
What God want from us humans is specifically written in (mark 16:15) and not to write about angels and their levels, its nonsense and a waste of time.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
What God want from us humans is specifically written in (mark 16:15) and not to write about angels and their levels, its nonsense and a waste of time.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by AKO1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
For the religious, angels exist.
For the non-religious, nothing except science and reason exists tongue

Angels are physically inferior to man but spiritually inferior to man. They are 'robots' created by God to worship Him and to serve believers. They provide protection and facilitate answers to prayers. They are the only ones of God's creation that can interface between the spiritual and physical realms.

Scripture suggests that a few of them have a free will e.g. Lucifer.

They are not to be worshiped or admired.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Kay17: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
in early Judaism, Satan was in the inner council of God, he was not against God, since, God is the too supreme to have a rival. it was suddenly in NT, that the Devil was portrayed as an adversary to God. Religion is never inflexible.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
LOL LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Angels LOL
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Theblessed(f): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
Wow! This is very powerful, indeed! And our God is wonderful.  Yes, I do believe in God's Angels and I know they are positioned in a hierarchical order in relation to their roles/functions. From what I learnt, Lucifer was actually, in the higher hierarchy in fact, a Cherub until he disobeyed God.  Our God hates disobedience, period!

For this reason, even you and I would not like or accommodate anyone that disobeys us.  Let's face it, would we Therefore, disobedience to God is sinful hence Exodus Chpt. 20 - the 10 Commandments were given to guide mankind and the rewards for obedience are testified in Leviticus Chpt. 26 with abundance of blessings etc. So, to gain God's favours we must obey his Commandments and decrees.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Theblessed(f): 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

m-nwankwo can do justice to this.

But in brief: note that a divergence from the will of God is only possible at great distances from his core. That's why humans have freewill and angels do not.

And that's why Lucifer could have developed a contrary will: as your story states, he had been sent to the earth: very far from God's core.

Crap!  Our God is Supreme Almighty God and he sees every thing.  Nothing could be too far away from his watchful eyes so, distance has no impact on his abilities as testified in Jeremiah Chpt. 16 v. 17-18.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Okwyjesus(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
I BELIEVE IN GOOD AND BAD ANGELS THEY WERE BOTH CREATED BY GOD.[/tt]
[tt]
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Okwyjesus(m): 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
i believe  in  good and bad angels they were both created by god.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

I honestly cannot say that i expected a reasoned response from you. Dumb knee jerk reactions always.
Keep deceiving yourself. Nobody would waste time reasoning with one who has no well defined idea of his god and ontology but dill-dallying from one faith to another picking up and discarding ideas when he sees fit and suits him.

It don't need to type a million words to show the rubbish in your post.

Re-defining the meaning of ominipresent to suit your view is just sick.

Nairaland is not a place where you expect to find ready folks to discuss your fantasies bring us somthing much more sensible please.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by bolanleodu: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
I believe in angels, actually had more than two contact with them both in real time and dream but seekin to understand them is like seekin to understand the existence of God which is an un achievable feat, for this reason i'll not comment any further.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mavenbox: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Tudor and Deepsight: Soffree soffree na! grin grin

@Deepsight:
That's why humans have freewill and angels do not.
I believe angels have freewill too. Lucifer chose to sin and try to usurp God's authority, and some angels followed him to wage war.

a divergence from the will of God is only possible at great distances from his core
No, sir. Adam and Eve were WITH God and yet they sinned and ate the forbidden fruit.

Freewill is a gift given to man. The angels had it already (they were created before man, created to serve him).

@Topic: Those angels that you do not believe in, do they believe in you? grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by DeepSight(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
^^^ Maven, the Lucifer story about war in heaven and rebellion against God is probably a myth. Even if it's true, which i strongly doubt, it is no concern of any human being. The Adam and Eve story could be a tribal myth of the Jews as well.

What i have tried to set forth is a possible explanation for how or why a being may divert from the pure will of divinity.

Pure Divinity is not something that can be captured within the material realm. For this reason beings living in the material realm are not perfectly attuned to divinity. That's why we are imperfect: and that is why we are capable of change.

Note that change is synonymous with freewill in this respect: a divine being is perfect, and perfection cannot change: that is the absence of freewill in a certain sense.

I hope you are able to draw a parallel between the idea of perfection and immutability.

Because immutability is what suggests to me that a being in the Divine Sphere cannot change, is eternal in all its components, and thus cannot be posessed of freewill in the sense we use the word.

Again a reflection on intangible self-existence should accentuate this point.

I hope this crystalizes what i am trying to communicate.

I am sure you can assess it unlike some clowns who may imagine that omnipresence means that God lives in their boxer shorts.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 11:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
^^
You now claim the lucifer story about war in heaven is a myth but moments ago you were blabbing using the SAME story as basis for your crap theory about "proximity with summit of all thought".

Several times on this forum this guy has claimed the garden of eden did exist now he's here ranting Adam and eve were jewish myths.

You are a confused fake. Pick a religion and stick to it, stop boring us on NL with your psychobabbles.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mavenbox: 12:14am On Dec 15, 2009
@Tudor: Haba, why u dey antagonize the man! We, each one, all have our take, or the lack thereof, on RELIGION!

@DeepSight: I get what you mean about the perfection of divinity and how man cannot attain it. Very well understood. Seeing your take, do you think it is possible for man to ever understand that perfect will of divinity for himself/herself in order to attempt to live by it, since divinity is entirely perfect and man is entirely hopeless with regards to correctness or perfection i.e. Holiness? If so, how can that be done? If not, why acknowledge divinity since the spheres of interaction of mankind and divinity will never be concentric except by random chance?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 12:24am On Dec 15, 2009
The greatest problem man has is the problem of knowledge(want to know all) as it was the case during the time of kingdom of babel where man tried to go to God uninvited. God changed men tongue to distabilise there agency. Let us seek God's face cos the bible says seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness then every other thing shall be added unto you.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 12:30am On Dec 15, 2009
Knowing God and his purpose for creating man is the born of contention and not the knowledge of angel. Let us not be deceive cos during the last days many religion,teaching, knowledge that are against God's principle shall arise/abound.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 12:31am On Dec 15, 2009
Knowing God and his purpose for creating man is the bone of contention and not the knowledge of angel. Let us not be deceive cos during the last days many religion,teaching, knowledge that are against God's principle shall arise/abound.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids / What Is Your Best Christian Book? / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.