Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (47727 Views)

7 Reasons Why Innoson Cars Can Be Relied On / RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) / Durability Of Innoson Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by fabre4: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
diva90:
He needs to make the cars very affordable for Nigerians ... I should be able to go to innoson and buy a sedan of 2.5m

cost of production plus importation of other materials and power are high

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by FKO81(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
GEJPosterity:

You did your background checks huh?

And I guess you didn't see this: https://twitter.com/innosonmotors/status/707631815750717440?lang=en

No 20, Ligali Ayorinde Street, VI.

I drive past this showroom everyday.

When you are hustling for traffic with your crap posts, at least try to fake some competence.
Don't mind afonjas, Obj, GTB, and afonja media houses tried their possible to bring Innoson down, this is new media campaign, after they failed Innoson vehicles are all over southeast and southsouth, Abuja and Lagos, don't mind them, so many transport company, firms, schools, churches, state and fed agencies and individuals are patronizing Innoson afonja's states will be the last to buy innoson vehicles because of envy and pure hatred against Igbos, they are all praying for the company to short down not knowing the company is owned by strong Nnewi man with lion heart, afonjas are not in better position to teach Igbo man on how to run business, because they know nothing, all the companies they bought after the civil war with Awo evil policies have all collapsed, Imagine the Op saying that Ladipo been control by Igbos and majority of auto dealers in Ladipo are Nnewi guys, and they don't know Innoson also don't have IVM parts What a pathological liar.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by bizzibodi(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
The shld hav started with low cost tricycle ,cabs,pickups or farm machines like minitractors,harvesters 1st.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by kkboy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
It is too expensive. Sell a brand for 1m and see if everyone once be rushing them
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by mummyson26(m): 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
myplaydiary:
I have created a thread replying this misleading post by the OP i carefully addressed everything the op raise and even went further to educate him, Because the fact that he has an auto blog does not mean he has any idea what he his talking about, he could be doing copy and paste for all we know to put food on his table.

https://www.nairaland.com/3658289/re-why-nigerians-not-buying
Sir I will advice you to open another tread to counter his own tread so as people canbhear u too
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by LordXaaan: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
tutudesz:

When we are discussing serious issue you learn to shut up and Am from Delta state you fool!
But your comment was just too afonjaic. Are you sure you a'int lying?
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
The koko is that innoson marketing is poor

Couldn't agree less, very poor to say the least.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Ten06(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
The standard of Innoson motor engines are too low, the ones my company bought some years ago could not even climb hills on the way to Abuja, and some of them nock engine barely after 3months
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by nkemjacob2(m): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
innoson is a growing auto firm which need more helping hands.... good write up.. but how i wish u can email or forward to their address so dat can read this article.... lets buy innoson cars to boost his production.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by GindoX(m): 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Clemsworld:
WE ARE NOT BUYING UNTIL HE DO Small Launching & PROMO!

Come to Lag. And launch it, then give out 10 free to first attendees

Do buy One and get one free or win free fuel for 3months

grin grin shocked

grin grin guy, you wicket
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by vicadex07(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
Millz404:
They should have started producing very cheap cars like when tecno and infinix came in after which they gradually start doing it big

Useless suggestion tho grin ..... But if you look at with one eye.... E make small sense

You made perfect sense...infact you made the most sense.

If innoson should make a small car like small piccanto and it's confirmed to be very rugged with a price tag of N500k to N800k, i swear, dem no need advert.

They should also consider taxi drivers and strike some sort of partnership deal with them....like installmental payments, higher purchase or mouth watering discounts...
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by nenergy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
AutoReportNG:

1. Customer Care/Social Media

A Chinese proverb says, "If you don't know how to smile, don't think of opening a shop." Nothing amounts to great customer service and relations, a cross check at Innoson Motors website is nothing to write about, the site was linked together with its parent company. Innoson is a brand itself and so should be made to stand out, the navigation, the contents there are just too boring to read or to assimilate. It is being expected that Innoson website ought to have a functional chat, email and social media that is up and running. A visit to their Twitter page shows that they last tweeted on 11th of Feb., 2017 and their facebook page 20th August 2016, where companies like Toyota, Peugeot, etc. tweets at least 5 times daily. Nothing amounts to having an excellent customer care, a responsive website, and a proactive social media personnel.

I agree with the above. See my message to them last year. sad

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Adebowale89(m): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
is innoson himself driving innoson jeep?
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by nenergy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
GEJPosterity:

You did your background checks huh?

And I guess you didn't see this: https://twitter.com/innosonmotors/status/707631815750717440?lang=en

No 20, Ligali Ayorinde Street, VI.

I drive past this showroom everyday.

When you are hustling for traffic with your crap posts, at least try to fake some competence.
Is this information on their website?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Igweann979(f): 12:00am On Mar 02, 2017
I will patronise them when I have the money yes I must be proud of my country because there home!
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Igweann979(f): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2017
Considered! When I have the money I will surely patronise them because I love my country and will not transfer her glory to a foreigner NEVER!
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by GEJPosterity: 12:15am On Mar 02, 2017
nenergy:

Is this information on their website?
It's on their Twitter handle and Facebook page. For a post that made a song and dance about doing "research", you would think the writer would have at least Googled "Innoson Lagos showroom" or visited their verified social media handles to scout for information. Real research would bring up engagement data across platforms, site visits and ranking from Alexa, screenshots from social handles and so many other things. This on the other hand, was complete and utter crap written by someone who likes the sound of their own voice a lot.

This entire write-up is one of those trash storms that happens when someone gets an idea in his head and writes it down after convincing himself that it is brilliant. The poster was obviously so pleased with himself while writing this nonsense, which makes it very irritating. If you couldn't even be bothered to GOOGLE what you claim to have researched, then what on earth are you sounding so smug about?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by tutudesz: 12:53am On Mar 02, 2017
LordXaaan:
But your comment was just too afonjaic. Are you sure you a'int lying?
you are free to accept it or not! How is my comment afonjaic or what ever? Is it by asking what are the safety standard? or what? In American your car is only allow into the country when it passes their safety test. Are you aware that innoson motors doesn't drive his own cars?
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by nenergy(m): 1:38am On Mar 02, 2017
GEJPosterity:

It's on their Twitter handle and Facebook page. For a post that made a song and dance about doing "research", you would think the writer would have at least Googled "Innoson Lagos showroom" or visited their verified social media handles to scout for information. Real research would bring up engagement data across platforms, site visits and ranking from Alexa, screenshots from social handles and so many other things. This on the other hand, was complete and utter crap written by someone who likes the sound of their own voice a lot.

This entire write-up is one of those trash storms that happens when someone gets an idea in his head and writes it down after convincing himself that it is brilliant. The poster was obviously so pleased with himself while writing this nonsense, which makes it very irritating. If you couldn't even be bothered to GOOGLE what you claim to have researched, then what on earth are you sounding so smug about?
You have a strong point, but the article is NOT totally crap. Innoson doesn't leverage on its social media potentials. Enquires go unanswered on Facebook a lot.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by sultaan(m): 1:40am On Mar 02, 2017
The man take jibiti call himself manufacturer/assembler of chinko motor wey he order from Alibaba sino manufacturers.

That is a fact that has never been refuted.

That he assembles 2-10 vehicles a year to get the import waivers given out by GEJ

If the condition of the waiver is reviewed and terminated based on not meeting the operational set point for waiver, he will start shouting discrimination. Then all the corporate dealers are guilty of the same.

I don't care if he sells one or a million units he should just be ready to compete on a levelled field and not call for banning of other players.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 02, 2017
slurryeye:

And you think Hyundai a company founded in 1967 and dominantly control the market in its country of origin is a small player in the auto market? And who tells you Hyundai imitates design?
no mind am. hyundai wey dey pack award like say tomorrow no dey for US.lol
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 02, 2017
oyb:
Maybe because people with buying power are not interested in buying locally assembled rebadged Chinko cars.

A Chinko car is bad enough on its own. One assembled by Nigerian artisans is even worse.
Exactly...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by anonimi: 3:09am On Mar 02, 2017
tutudesz:
But there was a safety standard for cars produce in Chine Yes/No? What are the safety standard for cars produce in Nigeria? And don't forget the presidential car will go through different safety process than the ordinary ones!

The safety standards are established, monitored and enforced by the Standards Orgaisation of Nigerian, SON working together with the relevant professional engineering bodies in our country.
There WERE and continue to be safety issues with Chinese vehicles and they are constantly and continuously being addressed.
Same for oyinbo cars, including the German VW with their diesel scandal recently.
Progress is a JOURNEY. It is not a destination.
Big difference!!!
Greater patronage and interest by ALL of us will put the needed pressure for improvement in the entire design & manufacturing process for truly Made-in-Nigeria vehicles.

[img]http://diddispatches.files./2014/06/image8.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by damscoe: 8:36am On Mar 02, 2017
American officials use Cardillac and Chevrolets as their official cars while the British people use Jaguar and Landrover . Germans use Mercedes and BMW. We will start patronizing them when our officials start using INNOSON. Change begins with me !

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by segunwonder(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2017
good write-up. let the company take is as an advise in good faith and a call to action

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by CellTabRepairs: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2017
ITbomb:
Innoson is doing it wrong, he is going for the big fish at heavy cost rather than using the rodents to spread

Partner with bloggers, media outfits, promo platform.
Also partner with Kazeem, local mechanics, they play a big part in influencing a prospective car owner over choice of car.

Do free limited training, and educate them on how to get spare parts. Do a program to give spare parts on credit at the start

You are right. While he may need government patronage but his eye should be on the long run...to create a long lasting buyer impression as an optional choice of car for the Nigerian or other nationals use. Make it trendy and etched in the national consciousness. How many celebrities has he approached. He can pay for them to use it...For instance If Tuface and a few others use it or movie directors use it for their movies you can imagine how far it will go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by GoodMuyis(m): 9:27am On Mar 02, 2017
Innosen can do great if they can produced sophisticated Beast of a car for the Nigeria Presidency not Buhari, and also start producing vehicle that a civil servant can purchase

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by zsch: 9:30am On Mar 02, 2017
Innoson' problem is leadership. If they had capable leaders at the helms of affair they would not suffer half the issues they do. A friend of mine works for an environmental agency with heavy government connection, they were looking to purchase about 100vehicles and reached out to Innoson. They travelled over there to attempt to broker a deal. They returned to Lagos and a week later had not received an invoice. Eventually the invoice comes in, it had numerous errors and didn't even have the name of the company spelt correctly.

In comparison

One of my offices is located in a private office complex. The complex houses the hq of of the building's owner business, they had some problems with some of the huge TVs they had purchased and reached out to the dealer - from Holland. The next day, TV company sends a PR rep and engineer from Holland to Nigeria. Lodged them for 2 days to fix a problem the man said look less than 10minutes.

A Nigerian business located on the island of Lagos would more likely tell you living in Surulere that your warranty has expired and recommend a new set for purchase.

Now you see why we have very few companies in Nigeria that has been in business since the 90s till this very day? This is why Innoson will largely remain that brand that Politicians will refer to only when they want to brag about what Nigerians can do to foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by colli247(m): 9:50am On Mar 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:
When it comes to cars, luxury and showing off, Nigeria takes the lead in the world. It is only a Nigerian that will have 3 to 4 cars and still stay in a rented apartment, no wonder the likes of Kia, Toyota, and the likes take Nigeria as their second home. Lagos especially being the commercial city of Nigeria boasts of roughly 5 million cars.

When Goodluck Jonathan administration signed the automotive law last 2 years, it was greeted with mixed feelings as Innoson was on the lips of many Nigerians that it will help boost its local productivity, but this seems not to be the case as the only indigenous automobile company, Innoson Motors is struggling to catch up, it was reported last year that the company was considering closing its factory and sacking all its workers which the company later denied and released a statement.

We did a cross check, and a background analysis on why Nigerians are not patronizing their own despite Nigerians love for cars, luxury and showing off, these few findings are what we found disturbing, and we urged the management to quickly look into it.

1. Customer Care/Social Media
SOME TRIBE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE GOOD IN TALK AND MOUTH POWER I NO CALL NAME OP DO U HAVE A TOOTH PICK COMPANY LET ALONE SLEEPERS

A Chinese proverb says, "If you don't know how to smile, don't think of opening a shop." Nothing amounts to great customer service and relations, a cross check at Innoson Motors website is nothing to write about, the site was linked together with its parent company. Innoson is a brand itself and so should be made to stand out, the navigation, the contents there are just too boring to read or to assimilate. It is being expected that Innoson website ought to have a functional chat, email and social media that is up and running. A visit to their Twitter page shows that they last tweeted on 11th of Feb., 2017 and their facebook page 20th August 2016, where companies like Toyota, Peugeot, etc. tweets at least 5 times daily. Nothing amounts to having an excellent customer care, a responsive website, and a proactive social media personnel.

2. Show Rooms

I smiled when I checked for Innoson showrooms, and I can only see four in the whole of Nigeria, I said to myself, these guys are not ready for business yet. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city. Therefore, this is where your marketing strategy has to come in full force. Innoson only has one showroom in Lagos and its not even in a high brow area like VI or Lekki area, they went and site their showroom in Oshodi-Apapa Expressway. A school of thought says you take your wares to where you know your clients will be able to see them. Even if you are trying to be relevant, you need to come up with the marketing strategy to attract the high-class men you made these cars for. How many people will find you in Oshodi? BMW has at least 15 showrooms in Lagos state alone and they are located in high brow areas like Lekki, VI, Ikoyi etc. Even if you can't open a shop there, you can partner with likes of Lanre Shittu, Coscharis Motors etc. Innoson, time to wake up.

3. Spare Parts/Accessories

One of the worries of car owners is finding spare parts for their vehicles, a check at spare part dealers at Ladipo market, the largest in Africa shows that the parts are not available. I was talking to a friend who is a driver, I asked him if he has heard of Innoson Motors and he said he is just hearing the name for the first time, how can you expect someone of that caliber to introduce the brand to his company talkless of finding the spare parts in the market. I think the firm can collaborate with the spare part dealers and make these parts available to them in bulk.

4. Advert! Advert!! Advert!!!
Nothing sells in this world without an advertisement, Innoson has been behind in promotion and advertisement, I wonder if the firm is afraid to spend or partner with media houses. Last week when Mercedes-Benz wants to release its new models to the market, it invites newsmen, bloggers, and lots more. Advert can be in form sponsorship, beauty pageant etc

5. Create a niche of your brand

I see most of Innoson vehicles as a replica of some other cars I have seen before. Take for example, the Innoson G-Wagon is a complete replica of Mercedes-Benz and some of their cars, it's quite essential for them to produce something unique and relate with.

- AutoReportNG

Source
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/why-nigerians-are-not-buying-innoson.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Innoson Produces Bullet Proof Version Of Innoson SUV That Can Stop AK47 Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.