Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (47723 Views)

7 Reasons Why Innoson Cars Can Be Relied On / RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG) / Durability Of Innoson Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by colli247(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
Clemsworld:
WE ARE NOT BUYING UNTIL HE DO Small Launching & PROMO!

Come to Lag. And launch it, then give out 10 free to first attendees

Do buy One and get one free or win free fuel for 3months

grin grin shocked
SOME TRIBE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE GOOD IN TALK AND MOUTH POWER I NO CALL NAME OP DO U HAVE A TOOTH PICK COMPANY LET ALONE SLEEPERS
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by mokkalu1(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2017
Imagine this. An established coy, operating in their preferred niche and you are coming here to tell people, majority of who can't buy their products, why they don't buy their products. Innoson is yet to meet demands and they are playing the game the best way possible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by FKO81(m): 10:37am On Mar 02, 2017
sultaan:
[s]The man take jibiti call himself manufacturer/assembler of chinko motor wey he order from Alibaba sino manufacturers.

That is a fact that has never been refuted.

That he assembles 2-10 vehicles a year to get the import waivers given out by GEJ

If the condition of the waiver is reviewed and terminated based on not meeting the operational set point for waiver, he will start shouting discrimination. Then all the corporate dealers are guilty of the same.

I don't care if he sells one or a million units he should just be ready to compete on a levelled field and not call for banning of other players.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by tutudesz: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
anonimi:

The safety standards are established, monitored and enforced by the Standards Orgaisation of Nigerian, SON working together with the relevant professional engineering bodies in our country.
There WERE and continue to be safety issues with Chinese vehicles and they are constantly and continuously being addressed.
Same for oyinbo cars, including the German VW with their diesel scandal recently.
Progress is a JOURNEY. It is not a destination.
Big difference!!!
Greater patronage and interest by ALL of us will put the needed pressure for improvement in the entire design & manufacturing process for truly Made-in-Nigeria vehicles.

[img]http://diddispatches.files./2014/06/image8.jpg[/img]

Yes but those cars end up been recalled back. In America its a must for securities agencies to use made in America and I told Mr Innoson to lobby the Senate to pass a bill for this but he was not interested in it. He is not a serious business man at all.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by ekay39(m): 3:05am On Mar 03, 2017
Great Article Op, really interesting.
However, I think innosons approach to the Nigerian market could be a top down approach - high end customer to low end customers. The cost of doing business in Nigeria is too high and his business relies heavily on importation of parts into the country- the dollar to the naira is not helping at all.

Also, targeting low end customers would mean he would have to compete with recognized brands. This means he has to compete in terms of price, et all. And achieving operational efficiency with the present market conditions I think will not help his business

Therefore, I think it makes business sense that he targets high end customers like government that can pay a premium for his products. When the business conditions change, he would have enough funds to create an engine that could take on Toyota and Co - Remember, how these brands destroyed the American market with price for companies like Ford and co.

This is my humble opinion though. Great article again bro. Keep up the good work.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by anonimi: 6:42am On Mar 03, 2017
tutudesz:
Yes but those cars end up been recalled back. In America its a must for securities agencies to use made in America and I told Mr Innoson to lobby the Senate to pass a bill for this but he was not interested in it. He is not a serious business man at all.

Your highlighted point is a very valid point.
We should proceed in this way on any issue of interest to us- get our senators and representatives as well as state lawmakers to pass Bills to address the matter systematically in an institutional manner.
This is why we ALLOW them to collect so much money from us monthly. Not so
Cheers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by sultaan(m): 7:58am On Mar 03, 2017
damscoe:
American officials use Cardillac and Chevrolets as their official cars while the British people use Jaguar and Landrover . Germans use Mercedes and BMW. We will start patronizing them when our officials start using INNOSON. Change begins with me !

That is hogwash

Very irrational idea based on a fraud called Innoson. Selling re badged Chinese cars
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by anonimi: 8:13am On Mar 03, 2017
sultaan:
That is hogwash

Very irrational idea based on a fraud called Innoson. Selling re badged Chinese cars

[img]http://otrazhenie.files./2013/08/step.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by invisibleman2: 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
ITbomb:

Work on your English first
Imagine Innoson giving you the job and you are writing "am going to show you a new ride"

Who's going to take you serious?
It was just predictions is actually 'I am' or I 'm
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by tutudesz: 1:29am On Mar 04, 2017
anonimi:

Your highlighted point is a very valid point.
We should proceed in this way on any issue of interest to us- get our senators and representatives as well as state lawmakers to pass Bills to address the matter systematically in an institutional manner.
This is why we ALLOW them to collect so much money from us monthly. Not so
Cheers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6
They are only interested in what will benefit them personally and their parties. I was shocked when I travelled to Florida last year when a senator called a Town Hall meeting about a bill and he was told not to sign, only for to find out the Senator does not sign any bill without their approval because he is representing them. Here I can't even see my senator unless election time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by anonimi: 5:26am On Mar 04, 2017
tutudesz:
They are only interested in what will benefit them personally and their parties. I was shocked when I travelled to Florida last year when a senator called a Town Hall meeting about a bill and he was told not to sign, only for to find out the Senator does not sign any bill without their approval because he is representing them. Here I can't even see my senator unless election time.

That is the choice we have made.
It does not have to be that way.
Those of us who understand the implicit Social Contract of those who represent us at different levels of government need to educate those who don't in vigorous, persistent manner until our collective consciousness is lifted out of the mental shackles holding us ALL down.
It is the way to individual and collective prosperity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2920815_fbimg1443594726987_jpegc00071cb2902eb1726fe8107c3b2dbb6

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by tutudesz: 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2017
[quote author=anonimi post=54252484]

That is the choice we have made.
It does not have to be that way.
Those of us who understand the implicit Social Contract of those who represent us at different levels of government need to educate those who don't in vigorous, persistent manner until our collective consciousness is lifted out of the mental shackles holding us ALL down.
It is the way to individual and collective prosperity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2920815_fbimg1443594726987_jpegc00071cb2902eb1726fe8107c3b2dbb6
The major problem with Nigeria is the constitution, it doesn't not favour the average Nigerian at all and the political class of Nigeria are not willing to change it, so they don't lose their power over Nigerians.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by anonimi: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
tutudesz:
The major problem with Nigeria is the constitution, it doesn't not favour the average Nigerian at all and the political class of Nigeria are not willing to change it, so they don't lose their power over Nigerians.

The constitution is good enough for a START.
It was good enough in 2010 for the "Doctrine of Necessity" to be used after plenty of pressure from the Save Nigeria Group when Yar'Adua disappeared.
The American constitution has been AMENDED a couple of times also, including to allow women to vote generally, shortly after World War I.
It is up to us to PUSH and pressurise our public servants to do our bid, including making amendments to our constitution.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4884578_picsart021212_45_01_jpeg0a5bc5f9c41eb632894a41abd75f1623

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Nobody: 11:45am On May 30, 2021
AutoReportNG:
When it comes to cars, luxury and showing off, Nigeria takes the lead in the world. It is only a Nigerian that will have 3 to 4 cars and still stay in a rented apartment, no wonder the likes of Kia, Toyota, and the likes take Nigeria as their second home. Lagos especially being the commercial city of Nigeria boasts of roughly 5 million cars.

When Goodluck Jonathan administration signed the automotive law last 2 years, it was greeted with mixed feelings as Innoson was on the lips of many Nigerians that it will help boost its local productivity, but this seems not to be the case as the only indigenous automobile company, Innoson Motors is struggling to catch up, it was reported last year that the company was considering closing its factory and sacking all its workers which the company later denied and released a statement.

We did a cross check, and a background analysis on why Nigerians are not patronizing their own despite Nigerians love for cars, luxury and showing off, these few findings are what we found disturbing, and we urged the management to quickly look into it.

1. Customer Care/Social Media

A Chinese proverb says, "If you don't know how to smile, don't think of opening a shop." Nothing amounts to great customer service and relations, a cross check at Innoson Motors website is nothing to write about, the site was linked together with its parent company. Innoson is a brand itself and so should be made to stand out, the navigation, the contents there are just too boring to read or to assimilate. It is being expected that Innoson website ought to have a functional chat, email and social media that is up and running. A visit to their Twitter page shows that they last tweeted on 11th of Feb., 2017 and their facebook page 20th August 2016, where companies like Toyota, Peugeot, etc. tweets at least 5 times daily. Nothing amounts to having an excellent customer care, a responsive website, and a proactive social media personnel.

2. Show Rooms

I smiled when I checked for Innoson showrooms, and I can only see four in the whole of Nigeria, I said to myself, these guys are not ready for business yet. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city. Therefore, this is where your marketing strategy has to come in full force. Innoson only has one showroom in Lagos and its not even in a high brow area like VI or Lekki area, they went and site their showroom in Oshodi-Apapa Expressway. A school of thought says you take your wares to where you know your clients will be able to see them. Even if you are trying to be relevant, you need to come up with the marketing strategy to attract the high-class men you made these cars for. How many people will find you in Oshodi? BMW has at least 15 showrooms in Lagos state alone and they are located in high brow areas like Lekki, VI, Ikoyi etc. Even if you can't open a shop there, you can partner with likes of Lanre Shittu, Coscharis Motors etc. Innoson, time to wake up.

3. Spare Parts/Accessories

One of the worries of car owners is finding spare parts for their vehicles, a check at spare part dealers at Ladipo market, the largest in Africa shows that the parts are not available. I was talking to a friend who is a driver, I asked him if he has heard of Innoson Motors and he said he is just hearing the name for the first time, how can you expect someone of that caliber to introduce the brand to his company talkless of finding the spare parts in the market. I think the firm can collaborate with the spare part dealers and make these parts available to them in bulk.

4. Advert! Advert!! Advert!!!
Nothing sells in this world without an advertisement, Innoson has been behind in promotion and advertisement, I wonder if the firm is afraid to spend or partner with media houses. Last week when Mercedes-Benz wants to release its new models to the market, it invites newsmen, bloggers, and lots more. Advert can be in form sponsorship, beauty pageant etc

5. Create a niche of your brand

I see most of Innoson vehicles as a replica of some other cars I have seen before. Take for example, the Innoson G-Wagon is a complete replica of Mercedes-Benz and some of their cars, it's quite essential for them to produce something unique and relate with.

- AutoReportNG

Source
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/why-nigerians-are-not-buying-innoson.html

01000111010011110100010000100000010100110100000101010110010001010010000001001101010110010010000001010011010011110101010101001100
#ARTHSOS; #PLANETSOS {
#GEOENGINEERING
#WEATHERMODIFICATION
#GMO
#BIOTECH
#BIOHAZARD
#THEELECTROSHAMAN; #SDM; #GENESIS
} @RoyalMarines !!! #BOBTHEBUILDER; #RISKY; #042REPORT; #IPOB; #ÓDÚÁ; #MASSOB; #REDLIGHTDISTRICT; #AMBERALERT; #ANONYMOUS; #ENVIRONMENTALHEALTH !!! ENDIF {!!! #BOBRISKY !!!}

#MAGBONETIDO #LOTTO #KM48 #RCCG #MOWE #IBAFO #ACEPIXELS #NAIRAMARLEY #NOMANNERS #ITSAMADNESS #SIGMUNDFREUD #BATTABOX #TBT #GDFOLK
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Originalsly: 2:29pm On May 30, 2021
I agree to some of the points ... but we should consider Innoson i a small company and not expect it to be doing the same as the very large and well established companies like Mercedes and Toyota. For example .... advertisement ... yes... Innoson can do a whole lot more to advertise its vehicles and I'm sure they know that. But is Innoson vehicles not being sold?... did we consider that presently they are finding it difficult to fulfill demand? ... if so why advertise? The same for opening many showrooms .... people come in ... see the cars... like them.... and have to wait months for it to be delivered... they what? How many showrooms Bugatti has worldwide? On having showrooms in highbrow areas .... VI... Lekki ... with their status mentality don you really believe such people ego will allow them to be seen in an Innoson?... let alone to own one and have it parked in their garage?...let's keep it real. On having it's own design.... established companies have cars that are similar to others ... Hyundai leads the pack. So why expect Innoson with small change in his pocket compared with other companies to lead the way? We put high demands on our own but for others they get a pass. Can Innoson do more?... no doubt. In the end ... las las ... Innoson is local.... many will not buy for that simple reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by Pachile: 4:37pm On May 30, 2021
Mr man you seems to know more, maybe you can also tell us why the rich in Nigeria and our so called leaders do not eat our local rice that we produce here and why we, including you do not patronise shoes made in ABA,
Re: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars by oyatz(m): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
ALAYORMII:
What's made in Nigeria that Nigerians buy??

Fufu and Eggs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Innoson Produces Bullet Proof Version Of Innoson SUV That Can Stop AK47 Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.