Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers (19008 Views)

Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. / How To Add Numbers To Airtel Family And Friends 2019 / Adolf Hitler’s Telephone Is Up For Auction (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by ddjay: 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
Those good old days when your phone was at home and you call people mostly in the morning before 7:30am and in the evening as from 4/5pm because nobody will be at home during the day (because of school and work), or you may have to call at weekends. picture 1 looks like my Oldmans first phone in the 80s with the telephone number 01-610084 while picture 2 looks like the second landphone with the number 01-616162.
NB
dont mind my assumption of the pics, i cant find the real pictures
add yours

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by sorextee(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
i still remember mine
064-660359.. kano
then with caller id sef, where u can see d number calling you..
gone are the days walahi.. cry cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by iyimide(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
031-224389.

I still try the number till date

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by ddjay: 6:25am On Mar 03, 2017
you guys tried in remembering

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by moscobabs(m): 7:06am On Mar 03, 2017
Lol this reminds me of 1991 when I visited my uncle in Lagos. He had that land phone (1st pic) in his sitting room, so one of my Aunts who was on London called and she wanted to talk to me . I was reading a novel (ogboju ode ninu Igbo Irunmole by D.O Fagunwa ) beside the phone table when the strange sound of the phone rang lol I jump up and I wanted to run out of the sitting room bfre our housemaid call me back that its the phone that was ringing , she picked the call lol and behold the caller wanted to speak with me. I was panic when she gave the phone to me and when. I picked and say "hello' for the first time I heard "Bawo ni mosco aunty e lo nsoro lati ilu oyinbo" guess what I did

I prostrated and say in Jenifa's voice "Mummy eku ojo meta o,Se daada ni eyin ati awon oyinbo wa gegebi emi na se Wa loni'

After the call, the housemaid and everybody in the house were making mock of me.

No b my fault sa, I grew up in village

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by veekid(m): 7:06am On Mar 03, 2017

gone are the days

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by mcfynest(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2017
What was good in those days please?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by miztahkay: 7:09am On Mar 03, 2017
01-5883387

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by eleojo23: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2017
sorextee:
i still remember mine
064-660359.. kano
then with caller id sef, where u can see d person calling you..
gone are the days walahi.. cry cry

You mean you could see the picture of the person calling you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Cutehector(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2017
In Nigeria we belittle things too much.. Don't u go to banks and see them using land lines? Over their abroad land lines are still very much in vogue Jor.. Am tired of our mentality

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Chumani(f): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2017
Can't remember ever using these type of phones

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Engrobiorah(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2017
mcfynest:
What was good in those days please?
Ask the Dollar

24 Likes

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by martineverest(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2017
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by eleojo23: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2017
Cutehector:
In Nigeria we belittle things too much.. Don't u go to banks and see them using land lines? Over their abroad land lines are still very much in vogue Jor.. Am tired of our mentality

You are on point.
We are always trying to look advanced, even more advanced than the people who invented these things that we only know how to use.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by eightsin(m): 7:12am On Mar 03, 2017
These kinda phones are still being b used

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Theolar247(m): 7:13am On Mar 03, 2017
Thank God for technology grin

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Egunje: 7:14am On Mar 03, 2017
ENUGU, 042 PROUDLY OBIAGU BOY

5 Likes

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by lonelydora: 7:14am On Mar 03, 2017
Some offices still use that second one.
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 03, 2017
Gone are those days cheesy.
Can't we just go back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Ninilowo(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2017
039—722089 OGUN STATE

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Cutehector(m): 7:15am On Mar 03, 2017
eleojo23:

You are on point.
We are always trying to look advanced, even more advanced than the people who invented these things that we only know how to use.
they even still use fax machines... Chei we are too technologically advanced in our mindsets grin

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by richdaddy75: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Most of Nairalanders here were not born during the era. So it will amaze them seeing the phone. This was the era we usually patronised NITEL.

In our house, you dared not touch it. That old man will pluck your ears.

Thank God for Obasanjo who introduced GSM, the Man who brought civilization to Nigeria in area of telecommunication.

That's why we need to join the rest of the world to celebrate our ICON, the living Legend Irunmale ti n mu goldberg: OBJ @ 80

7 Likes

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Kpeshi10(m): 7:18am On Mar 03, 2017
sorextee:
i still remember mine 064-660359.. kano then with caller id sef, where u can see d person calling you.. gone are the days walahi.. cry cry
Oga boss, na u try pass
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by ikechemez(m): 7:18am On Mar 03, 2017
050670331...Ikare
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by eleojo23: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2017
Cutehector:
they even still use fax machines... Chei we are too technologically advanced in our mindsets grin

And we never even invent any reasonable thing sef.

We are still trying to replicate already existing stuff...
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by LAFO: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2017
Cutehector:

Take it easy where did you read that that OP 'belittled' Land lines?
Where is the negativity here?

He just brought up the thread for memories sake

9 Likes

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by BlindAngel: 7:22am On Mar 03, 2017
Many kids that was not even born then, suddenly start remembering theirs.
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by ikechemez(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2017
Does goodnite really mean BYE BYE..

If i can greet good morning in the morning...
Good afternoon at noon and good evening in the evening

Why dont we greet goodnight at night?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by chronique(m): 7:24am On Mar 03, 2017
Ours was 054-417792
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by cee001(m): 7:24am On Mar 03, 2017
eleojo23:

You mean you could see the picture of the person calling you?
haba grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP - BB Model Numbers & Difference Between Bold 6 And Bold 5 / What Is Your Battery Capacity And How Long Does It Last With Heavy Usage?? / How To Register Special Numbers On MTN Super Saver!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.