Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers (19025 Views)

Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. / How To Add Numbers To Airtel Family And Friends 2019 / Adolf Hitler’s Telephone Is Up For Auction (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Omojudy: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2017
moscobabs:
Lol this reminds me of 1991 when I visited my uncle in Lagos. He had that land phone (1st pic) in his sitting room, so one of my Aunts who was on London called and she wanted to talk to me . I was reading a novel (ogboju ode ninu Igbo Irunmole by D.O Fagunwa ) beside the phone table when the strange sound of the phone rang lol I jump up and I wanted to run out of the sitting room bfre our housemaid call me back that its the phone that was ringing , she picked the call lol and behold the caller wanted to speak with me. I was panic when she gave the phone to me and when. I picked and say "hello' for the first time I heard "Bawo ni mosco aunty e lo nsoro lati ilu oyinbo" guess what I did

I prostrated and say in Jenifa's voice "Mummy eku ojo meta o,Se daada ni eyin ati awon oyinbo wa gegebi emi na se Wa loni'

After the call, the housemaid and everybody in the house were making mock of me.

No b my fault sa, I grew up in village
This made my tear up. Thanks for this Friday humour
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Dreyl(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2017
moscobabs:
Lol this reminds me of 1991 when I visited my uncle in Lagos. He had that land phone (1st pic) in his sitting room, so one of my Aunts who was on London called and she wanted to talk to me . I was reading a novel (ogboju ode ninu Igbo Irunmole by D.O Fagunwa ) beside the phone table when the strange sound of the phone rang lol I jump up and I wanted to run out of the sitting room bfre our housemaid call me back that its the phone that was ringing , she picked the call lol and behold the caller wanted to speak with me. I was panic when she gave the phone to me and when. I picked and say "hello' for the first time I heard "Bawo ni mosco aunty e lo nsoro lati ilu oyinbo" guess what I did

I prostrated and say in Jenifa's voice "Mummy eku ojo meta o,Se daada ni eyin ati awon oyinbo wa gegebi emi na se Wa loni'

After the call, the housemaid and everybody in the house were making mock of me.

Thank God you are now civilised. cheesy
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by feoyewo: 8:48am On Mar 03, 2017
031-224196 kwara
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by sunkomite(m): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2017
With ur old telephone line, it shows u are based in ilorin.
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Omotayor123(f): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2017
moscobabs:

The above is fictional right

Funny thoughgrin
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by zoe80: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2017
sorextee:
i still remember mine
064-660359.. kano
then with caller id sef, where u can see d number calling you..
gone are the days walahi.. cry cry

Hmmmmn...blatant exaggeration, Malam sai keria!
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by msqtahir: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2017
I could still remember my uncle's number 07524840. D set is always locked with tokoz padlock.
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by olayinkajnr(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2017
Mine na 069-328800
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Lagbaja01(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2017
ours was 031-225962....you guess my state..
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by dom(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2017
09/2341905 - Abuja. NTA was paying the bills till my brothers and I made prank-calls to every number in the directory from A to Z and the bill went thru the roof. Don't blame us. It was our form of recreation then. Abuja was dry, boring and lonely in the 80s and early 90s
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by oobe: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
Mine is 035- 234115 (osogbo)
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2017
I miss landlines o. It works better in a household of growing kids jare,rather than cell phones. You can monitor conversations and when you go out and need to get something at home done, you don't have to to ask "where are you? Are you home?" just go straight to the point "cook rice before I come o, ehen" or "is your sister back from school?, oya call her let me talk to her on the phone..ehn..she is in the toilet? I will wait...how was school today?" dem no fit lie lailai. Nigerians just like doing oversabi. They don't use the most effective things, they use whatever is in vogue and think they are smart
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by OJILLEX(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2017
funny enough,some developed countries still use landline it's only we that assume it's outdated
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by mcfynest(m): 9:50am On Mar 03, 2017
Engrobiorah:

Ask the Dollar

What is dollar doing here now?
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by ddjay: 11:07am On Mar 03, 2017
that reminds me,my parents use to lock d plandphones with a padlock (first pic) and a key at d side of the second pic
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by ddjay: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
Michelle2015:
[b][/b] thought I was the only lost one here. Abeg what was good in those days jare?
Good Memories.u sound like a 2000der
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by fratermathy(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
chronique:
Ours was 054-417792

Delta State right?
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by olayanju22(m): 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
039-390639- ijebu
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by chronique(m): 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
fratermathy:

Delta State right?

Yeah. Sapele to be precise

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by rallymento(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
sorextee:
i still remember mine
064-660359.. kano
then with caller id sef, where u can see d number calling you..
gone are the days walahi.. cry cry

Mine is 042-556190
My friends own is 042-554134
My next door neighbor's number is: 042-557449

I could remember these number not because I a have a sharp memory, I was a tapping master!!! If you like lock the phone with pad lock or put it in a wooden casement, I could still call my friends by tapping the phone....
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by gemale(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
ddjay:
Those good old days when your phone was at home and you call people mostly in the morning before 7:30am and in the evening as from 4/5pm because nobody will be at home during the day (because of school and work), or you may have to call at weekends. picture 1 looks like my Oldmans first phone in the 80s with the telephone number 01-610084 while picture 2 looks like the second landphone with the number 01-616162.
NB
dont mind my assumption of the pics, i cant find the real pictures
add yours
I rmbr my own 01-834454. Our 1st landline was d 1 dt u had 2 spin. Later, we changed 2 buttons. Those were d days when NITEL b lyk NEPA. If u no pay phone bill, dem go waka cut ur wire. Then I used 2 vex because some of our neighbors wld turn our house 2 HQ of making & receiving calls. A lot of tyms, we wld pretend dt no one was home & be praying dt dey leave afta ringing d bell 4 a while.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by egobetatoday: 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Cutehector:
In Nigeria we belittle things too much.. Don't u go to banks and see them using land lines? Over their abroad land lines are still very much in vogue Jor.. Am tired of our mentality

They are not land lines. its called intercom (for internal communication).
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by iyimide(m): 4:06am On Mar 04, 2017
BOUNTYDOG:
which of you know how to tap to make calls when the phone is locked?
we used to tap the handle which u use to select dial tones
if u want to dial 830348 u tap it 8ce 3ce 10ce 3ce 4ce 8ce and voila its ringing
yes yes!!! i did that many times smiley
Re: Flashback: Landphones And "Telephone" Numbers by iyimide(m): 4:10am On Mar 04, 2017
if i tell you people that is started doing midnight calls since 1993, someone will argue...
i used to call my primary school babe then
mine 031224389
hers 031221684
we were just streets away.. and i will disconnect my mumsy's room cord so that they wont know when i pick the phone in the sitting room and start my midnight calls... i go just dey talk that time 'tinu, i love you' we dated for 13 years.. she is happily married with kids while i am billed to marry this November smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? / How To Register Special Numbers On MTN Super Saver!! / How To Stop Whatsapp App From Asking For Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.