Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition (28238 Views)

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? / Is This Fate Or Punishment?my Married Sister Is In Love With My Fiance / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by ozoebuka1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
carzola:
This are the people with
A backward mentality that
Want a country for themselves
Imagine how Biafra would be
With primitive minds like this.
oga u are dull...the story was fabricated!!! the story has Nothing to do with igbo tradition.
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by IPOB123london: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
now u can understand the reason this gwontry will never move to advancement

every minutes that pass by they never cease to post their illogical rubbish

and these are the people that might be leaders in the next day

they just cannot reason like a human being

just cannot ! gosh

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
lollz!

Igbo to the core mehn!

Instead una go corrupt my culture, i rather we go and form our own country.

We know send anybody Ooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by andyanders: 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
That is a useless culture. I am highly disappointed that despite her brothers stay in UK, that he is stil an undeveloped human being.

What kind of a useless culture is that. The property she bought with her money and not that she inherited from her parents before getting married should be taken away from her? She should take them to court.

Her brother should be asked to vacate UK and return to Nigeria because he is a disgrace to mankind.
a

4 Likes

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by gamaliel9: 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
andyanders:
That is a useless culture. I am highly disappointed that despite her brothers stay in UK, that he is stil an undeveloped human being.

What kind of a useless culture is that. The property she bought with her money and not that she inherited from her parents before getting married should be taken away from her? She should take them to court.

Her brother should be asked to vacate UK and return to Nigeria because he is a disgrace to mankind.
a

Are u igbo? The culture is meant for Igbos alone.

If ur not, then it is bitterness talking.

By the way, have u looked at the culture of your tribe, not to know that they are useless?

U know wat they say, charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by slysteel: 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Their is no tradition in igbo land that says one cannot buy a land by herself and build what she wants,millions of women own houses in igbo land,its either the reporter got the whole scenario wrong or they have a different family problem behind this but whatever it is,that her brother is a crook..

2 Likes

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
slysteel:
Their is no tradition in igbo land that says one cannot buy a land by herself and build what she wants,millions of women own houses in igbo land, its either the reporter got the whole scenario wrong or they have a different family problem behind this but whatever it is,that her brother is a crook..

Gbam! Well said!
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by gamaliel9: 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
this has nothing to do with culture. Its not her father s property. The brother is as greedy as David in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by andyanders: 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
hammerF:

Are u igbo? The culture is meant for Igbos alone.

If ur not, then it is bitterness talking.

By the way, have u looked at the culture of your tribe, not to know that they are useless?

U know wat they say, charity begins at home.

Are you telling me that she should also hand over her school certificates which she obtained before getting married to someone like you as a culture? Are you also saying that her bank account she opened before she got married should be given to you useless people because of culture? I think most of you guys should be thrown away from the face of this earth.

The lady should hire me as her legal rep and I will make sure people like you pay for that.

She bought the property with her money before she got married and now she is married, she should forget about her legal acquired property because of useless culture?Nonsense. You are the type when your brother dies, you collect the property he left for his widow and children. You guys has killed many widows as a result of a useless culture.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Missonas(f): 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
Your own flesh and blood fa. Ibo pple and land mata sef they can like to claim land i wonder if any land still remain for their unborn generation sef. The woman should sue as simple as dat

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Chommieblaq(f): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Dem never talk wetin be the problem, that's not our culture biko!
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:
The truth is that the brother is trying to protect his sister an exploitative husband. The full story is not out yet but there exists no such culture anywhere in Igboland.

Spoken like a wise man. U know an Igbo voice once u hear it. Wat an elder see sitting, a child standing have not yet seen it.

All this yahoo yahoo marriages today, married today, divorced tomorrow.

Assets need protection from gold digging men that will exploit her emotionally and rob the family blind.

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Noneroone(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
The story has not been told fully
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Noneroone(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
I believe the story has not been told fully
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by porozhniy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
The writer of this piece is terribly ignorant or is simply being mischievous. No igbo tradition allows him to take what she inherited from her father talkless of what she acquired with her own money.
This is simply greed talking.
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
For all of u running ur mouth here, if our sisters does not marry, she gets same inheritances as the boyz.

The whole idea is to stop gold digging men from reaping where they did not sow.

We all know women get emotional and lose sight of reality and their husband take over.

Igbo culture have already caged him off ancestral assets and assets belonging to her family.

The culture is actually targeted at her Husband.

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Emycord: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
carzola:
This are the people with
dont be ridiculous while i do not support the guy pls do not biafranise it, pls allow us to enjoy the fact that ipob is not unlawfull. I wonder why this thread just when scored a great victory within 24 hrs
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by nextprince: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

[s]Everything isn't always about tribalism. This is a case of stupid man hiding under tradition to oppress a woman[/s].

But if same or even less happen in other places, it becomes "tribal backwardness", right?

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by CHARLOE(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
lanrexdo:
Ride on with your shallow mind.
What if d husband she marries die, won't his people com to claim his properties as theirs?
Why is d Igbo culture so cruel to their Women? D female child is treated like a stranger in her fathers house; she can't Inherit anything from her father, now she can't even lay claim to her own property she bought with her hard earned money! What a terrible culture/tradition. Ur culture needs change/adjustment

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
andyanders:

Are you telling me that she should also hand over her school certificates which she obtained before getting married to someone like you as a culture? Are you also saying that her bank account she opened before she got married should be given to you useless people because of culture? I think most of you guys should be thrown away from the face of this earth.

The lady should hire me as her legal rep and I will make sure people like you pay for that.

She bought the property with her money before she got married and now she is married, she should forget about her legal acquired property because of useless culture?Nonsense. You are the type when your brother dies, you collect the property he left for his widow and children. You guys has killed many widows as a result of a useless culture.

U will find that i will be too much for u. U cannot cope! U wont last one day in my world.

Ordinary Nnamdi Kanu have disgraced ur Zoogeria now u want to embark on a family matters that has absolutely nothing to do with u, shame suppose catch u. Man Gold digger!

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by 100Cents: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
This man went to UK but UK didn't pass through him. So if you are looking for someone to oppress, it should be your sister ?

Ordinary land which you didn't create..

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by nextprince: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
Emycord:
[s]dont be ridiculous while i do not support the guy pls do not biafranise it, pls allow us to enjoy the fact that ipob is not unlawfull. I wonder why this thread just when scored a great victory within 24 hrs[/s]
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by hammerF: 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
So, if becos u see am a billionaire and u will rather die than not marry my daughter, marry her and take several seats, becos i no send u.

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by nextprince: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
Atakata:

[s]you are the primitive one here.when u see a topic like dis u are expected to contribute intelligently and not making fool of urself. must you generalize ?[/s]
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
nextprince:

But if same or even less happen in other places, it becomes "tribal backwardness", right?

Sorry for even mentioning you in the first place. I not a tribalist, and don't get along with people who savour tribal e-wars. I thought you were capable of seeing things differently. I was wrong.
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by nextprince: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
Amarabae:
[s]This case has nothing to do with Igbo tradition.
The brother is at fault and the lady should charge him to court.[/s]

Sharrap.

But if same or less happens in the West or North, it becomes Western or Northern backwardness, right?

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by nextprince: 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

[s]Sorry for even mentioning you in the first place. I not a tribalist, and don't get along with people who savour tribal e-wars. I thought you were capable of seeing things differently. I was wrong[/s].

Go and say that to the marines, or the liepod e-tribal warriors on nl.

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by giles14(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
dre11:

http://pmexpressng.com/brother-battles-married-sister-landed-property-citing-igbo-tradition/

she bought the land ,she did not inherit it.her brother is just looking for trouble

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by Dreadful: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
carzola:
This are the people with
You will die because of Biafra. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by zoey4(f): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
slurryeye:
I'm not trying to castigate any tradition or culture as I believe every tribe in Africa has one or more tradition that needs to be eradicated. However, I think there are some traditions in Igboland especially those that has to do with women, inheritance and lands that need to be modified or eradicated.
lol them no reach ikwerre people o
Re: Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition by AngelicBeing: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Chances Do You Give Before You Cut Someone Off? / My Son's Birthday In Pictures. / When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.