Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" (781 Views)

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / When You Add 'negativity' To Soberdrunks Opinion, It Wont End Well(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
OK I was having a phone conversation with my dad this evening when he asked me a question regarding my kid Sister
So while answering his query I used "You Guys" dad got upset and was like "How dare you address me with "you guys" so he dropped the call.

Well I address other parents sometimes with "You guys" and they got no problem with that so why dad not cool with "you guys "

So folks, will you take offence if your child address you with "You Guys" or It's acceptable if addressed that way.
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by sinaj(f): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wanted to comment b4 I noticed the monica.

Will just pass sad

1 Like

Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by optional1(f): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
chai parents don suffer for this 21century generation of kids...

I thought your tribe respect elders just like lala respect snakes..
Imagine

You Dey talk as if they born you between Mexico and USA border.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by DLondonboiy: 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
sinaj:
Wanted to comment b4 I noticed the monica.

Will just pass sad
Did d nigga break your heart?
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by DLondonboiy: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigga, I don't see anything wrong with it...
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by thorpido(m): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
Very disrespectful.
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lalasticlala is it very disrespectful
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by jakandeola(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
ChrisAirforce1:
Lalasticlala is it very disrespectful
it bad no let him curse u
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by d33types: 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
Are they your mates?
OP, even if you're very close to them there should always be a baseline respect for them, and you crossed the line. Apologise to your dad.
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
No disrespect intended
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by lilmax(m): 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
Oyind17:
That's mean angry
the pops got to much time to stress
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by izzou(m): 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
I and my mother are so close that I even call her by her first name

It depends on your relationship with them. My friend calls his father "Sir". Another one calls his father "My guy"
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
I was only trying to make him feel so young again but.
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by greatgod2012(f): 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
In Africa, it is very disrespectful! Other races may not see anything wrong with it, but here, everything is wrong with it.

We're taught in Africa to be respectful to our parents and anyone who is older than us!

And don't forget, it's one of Africa's rich culture/legacy!

@op, call back your dad, apologize to him, explain to him that you didn't mean to disrespect him that you were only catching fun!
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by izzou(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
ChrisAirforce1:
I was only trying to make him feel so young again but.

You both don't communicate that way,hence his anger
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by NoToPile: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
Haba, very disrespectful and even insultive, it even sounds disrespectful to superiors at work not to talk of your parents

You Crossed the line bro, apologize to him
Re: Opinion : It Is Wrong To Address Parents As "You Guys" by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
I roger that

(1) (Reply)

The Effect Of Parental Separation On Children / When The Wife Physically Batters The Other Woman..... / Nigerian Man Exposes Wife Who Sent Her “indecent Photos” To A Bank Manager. (pho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.