Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? (3964 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Pastafarian: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
skeendyke:

Your scrutiny of the belief in the existence of God does not change the fact that God has given you every clue for you to know that He exists...it doesn't change the reality of who He is.

Scrutinizing the belief in itself is not bad but will you continue scrutinizing to the grave?

yes, if that's what it takes

if there's no truth that stands up to scrutiny, I'm fine to die searching rather than jump in one all for the sake of not dying without the truth

and oh! your god didn't give any clue that other gods can't point to as proof of theirs too
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Pastafarian: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
Bennyann, why were you banned?
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:

In a certain area there can be perfect application of knowledge. What do you call it when someone gets everything right in his sums? What about getting puzzles right? Especially a jigsaw puzzle? You'll need to reconstruct the picture perfectly before you get a win. So perfection in the application of a particular knowledge area is possible.
You see, jigsaw is just one of many games that be. A champion in jigsaw, might be loser in scrabble.

Please note that the world system operates on the principle of relativity. Because of the phenomenon of dynamics, the world isn't related with on absolutism. Absolute landmark is a theoretical proposition.

Look at it this way, a champion in jigsaw may appear to you to be perfect, but you need to remember he's a champion amongst a sample size. Subjecting the champion to contest with larger sample size, might reveal a position lower than been a champion.

My point is, because of extraneous factors, absolutism isn't a realistic possibility.

bennyann:

Perfection is possible, it is just rare. You'll get to know if something is perfect after you've seen the results. Don't forget I'm talking about application of knowledge to a certain issue which can then be graded and not just knowledge
The above view still apply here.

bennyann:

What do you say of someone who in the midst of like minds with same level of intelligence, always passes sound judgment compared to the others? Would you say he is more intelligent than them or they are wiser than him?
*what do you mean by the same level of intelligence?
Do you mean same score on iq test?

* sound judgment? Please expatiate.

bennyann:

The ability to select knowledge out of the various knowledge gained or to discern what input to choose to produce a better result is wisdom - my opinion
Based on my previous explanation, i still maintain that intelligence and wisdom have the same meaning, as far as realistic and result-focused application of knowledge is concerned. And i elect to use both interchangeably.

An intelligent man, is someone who is capable of deploying effective use of knowledge, in multi-dimensional fashion. He's likened to an embodiment or reservoir of global knowledge.

An intelligent mind, is intelligent whether in urban or rural environment.

*an intelligent man knows that, to relate productively in rural environment, he must project into the psyche of rural dwellers, with this, he's ahead of them.

* I don't know if you saw the seasonal movie titled 24, with the lead actor called Jack Bauer.

Picture the speed with which Jack deployed knowledge, at every point that appeared to be dead end.

He was able to do that, because he is a reservoir of voluminous knowledge. Activating the most effective knowledge, is a function of intelligence.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by oaroloye(m): 6:40am On Mar 06, 2017
SHALOM!

WISDOM IS THE ABILITY TO BEST APPLY KNOWLEDGE.

INTELLIGENCE IS MEASURED BY THE SHORTNESS OF TIME TAKEN TO SOLVE PROBLEM.

INTELLIGENCE is required to make WISDOM effective, but the reverse is not the case.

These are my own definitions, off the top of my head. TRY to refute them all you can: you'd FAIL.

An INTELLIGENT MAN can solve the Problem of how to build a NUCLEAR BOMB- but a WISE Scientist will NEVER give that Solution to THE GOVERNMENT.

That is why IRAN doesn't have an Atom BOMB, yet- despite that they deserve to have one, after OPERATION AJAX.

But their Blessed Scientists have carefully avoided putting THAT weapon into the hands of FOOLISH MEN, BLINDED BY HATE.

bennyann:
I've seen the word related to intelligence so many many many times on the religion section of Nairaland. There are some group of people who take this "intelligence" to another level which reflects their unnecessary display of superiority in that aspect.

Superiority that is not displayed is useless.

This brings me to wonder and ponder if intelligence is the same as wisdom because of the bragging power possessed by the so called intelligent minds.

Well, I got the below from quora:

If you hadn't put a QUOTE BOX around it (which was correct procedure,) I would be giving you a point-by-point refuttal of most, if not all of QUORA'S FALSE TEACHING.

Maybe when I get to my Desktop later today?

So isn't it high time we stopped bragging about intelligence since it isn't even the principal thing? undecided

YOUR PURPOSE IS OBVIOUSLY TO INVALIDATE THE INTELLIGENCE OF PROTESTANT CHRISTIANS.

Only FOOLS would fall for that.

Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

WISDOM WAS SOLOMON'S FORTE.

He could say that, because of the System he grew up with. Outside of Ancient Israel, where everyone respected The Bible BY LAW, this is "mere philosophy."

In any case, we all know how this story ended:

THE WISEST MEN IN THE WORLD, GOT THE MOST FOOLISH RULER IN THE WORLD, TO CRUCIFY THE MOST INTELLIGENT MAN IN THE WORLD.

To the Christians, Jesus Christ is our wisdom.

In 35 years, I have never seen nor heard of a SINGLE Christian who EVER believed THAT.

NOT EVEN THE APOSTLES BELIEVED THAT.

PAUL believed Yahshua was THE WISDOM OF GOD even LESS than anyone.

The most infamous proof of THAT is 1st CORINTHIANS 13- where he CUNNINGLY CURSED YAHSHUA, and JUSTIFIED HIMSELF for REJECTING HIS GOSPEL- BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER HIS FAKE CONVERSION- and in over 500 years, there were no Christians WISE enough, nor INTELLIGENT enough to see what he did there?

(If the test of "CHARITY" is applied to YAHSHUA, at EVERY interaction he has with THE PHARISEES, he FAILS! You never noticed that?)

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Pastafarian:
Bennyann, why were you banned?

I was wondering what happened until I saw this post of yours before I realized I was banned. Till now I don't know where I erred.

I was banned when seun came online so I suspect seun did this because I made a comment on HardMirror's thread.

I was banned twice and those two posts that were given as the reason for the ban all pointed to this post of yours I'm quoting. They directed me to no post of mine

I will take it as a mistake but it isn't fair. I've seen people complaining of such injustice but what can a little me do.

How can you ban someone and can't confidently point out the reason for the ban so the person can take correction? undecided

Seun don't let me sue you
Let me close this thread myself because I don't know where the threat is coming from

And that's Seun's favorite son below
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by HardMirror(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
bennyann:

I was wondering what happened until I saw this post of yours before I realized I was banned. Till now I don't know where I erred.

I was banned when seun came online so I suspect seun did this because I made a comment on HardMirror's thread.

I was banned twice and those two posts that were given as the reason for the ban all pointed to this post of yours I'm quoting. They directed me to no post of mine

I will take it as a mistake but it isn't fair. I've seen people complaining of such injustice but what can a little me do.

Seun don't let me sue you
Let me close this thread myself because I don't know where the threat is coming from
What has hardmirror done o. Abeg take responsibility for your actions and stop looking for who to drag along.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
This thread seems to be based all on semantics....
Mildly entertaining..
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by blueAgent(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2017
How can someone who claims to share the same ancenstry with Apes claim to be more intelligent?
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by blueAgent(m): 9:34am On Mar 08, 2017
bennyann:

We have almost the same thoughts about intelligence.

I believe intelligence is the extent or degree of knowledge acquired and the application of such knowledge to solve issues.

But for you to say there's NO difference between knowledge and wisdom, it means we have to define both.

I think wisdom is the application of knowledge whether acquired or not which gives good or better advantage and the results of applied wisdom is acceptable as a good decision or good judgment.

Let me just say wisdom is the perfect application of knowledge. What do you think?

There can be persons with the same level of intelligence but one can be seen to be wise or wiser through the results gotten from how they apply the same knowledge to solve issues.

Perfect response Bro. wisdom is application of acquired knownledge.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Religious people always feel threatened by what they perceive to be the intelligence of freethinkers and so, they come up with things like ''wisdom'' and ''spiritual insight'' without ever really explaining what they mean.
An atheist is not necessarily smarter than you; he's just braver. Don't feel insecure.

Ponder on the statements below and see who feel insecure?

A fool say in his there is no God...
The wicked shall be turn to Hell, all that forget God...

If atheist doesn't feel insecure, why do you guy spend most your free hours to prove God doesn't exit?
Why should you care if am gullible to be scammed?
Why should you care if am too stupid and not to be smart as atheist?

Yea because you are afraid, not because you cared
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
blueAgent:

Perfect response Bro. wisdom is application of acquired knownledge.

you took it from my mouth, I learn this years ago from YHSF meeting.

while some people, in thier Trademarked and Branded stupidity will think they are smarter than their parent just because they don't believe in God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Ranchhoddas: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Ponder on the statements below and see who feel insecure?

A fool say in his there is no God...
The wicked shall be turn to Hell, all that forget God...

If atheist doesn't feel insecure, why do you guy spend most your free hours to prove God doesn't exit?
Why should you care if am gullible to be scammed?
Why should you care if am too stupid and not to be smart as atheist?

Yea because you are afraid, not because you cared
Whatever helps you sleep at night bro!
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Ermacc: 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hi Bennyann, I have always asked atheists this question "Is there no place for a mentally ill person in your group?"

Atheists, while seeing themselves as highly intelligent, often forget that people who are mentally handicap exist in this world too. They forget this while they challenge us to endless futile debates. How does such a mentally handicap person argue or debate about the non existence of God, which point will he or she raise? Since he cannot engage in clever debates it means he can't be atheist

Whereas Christian religion considers such people. This is why we have a God that judges our motives, he considers the reasons before an action takes place and he judges with fairness, there is no discrimination in the Kingdom of light, infact Christ came to heal the sick, to set the captives free, to comfort the broken hearted

The difference between intelligence and wisdom in my opinion is that intelligence lacks empathy whereas wisdom applies it all the time.
you nailed it with your last line. Beautiful!
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by hopefulLandlord: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ermacc:
you nailed it with your last line. Beautiful!

Pidgin2 also told a blatant lie with her first paragraph

i told her to defend her claim but she couldn't
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Ermacc: 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Pidgin2 also told a blatant lie with her first paragraph

i told her to defend her claim but she couldn't
well, the thread wasnt suppose to be an atheist vs theist battle thread thats why I ignored it. Although I dont agree with what she stated, her first paragraph is not entirely false.

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by EyeHateGod: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2017
Well, Intelligence is the measure of how fast an individual can process information and then retain it. What might seams like wisdom to you might be seen as foolishness to others.

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by OtemAtum: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
4everGod:

Hello Bennyann I am extremely well thank you very much smiley smiley
I have been very busy this first quarter of the year so have been unavoidably absent. When i am done with my workload i will be here as always. I do know that a lot of my atheist fans have been thanking their flying spaghetti monster about my absence grin grin

God bless you sister. Keep holding the fort.

Bennyann, when last did you hear from this criminal greeting you here? cool
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
OtemAtum:

Bennyann, when last did you hear from this criminal greeting you here? cool

Otem wetin I do you? Don't tell me you're gay lipsrsealed are you?
Tel me now so I'll understand why you're so obsessed with 4everGod.

What's really happening here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammed Said Adam Was 60 Cubit Tall (98.4251969 Feet) / Vision: Evil Laws That Will Make Holy Living Difficult / Do Muslim Have Worship Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.