Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? (3963 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by analice107: 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I also talk fictional characters from books and movies. Does this mean I know deep down that they are real?
As weird as it sounds, the highlighted part of your post is what I love most about you.
What the hell is recantation by the way?
And you spend time refuting the existence of these fictional characters at every turn? Why am i even bothering with you sef. Get lost.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
analice107:

Guy, enjoy your life knowing there's indeed no God. Hope to die and turn to manure, but if God is waiting for you at the end of the line, i pity for you.
Another pascal wager.

Naso..... Dats All i can tell you.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Ranchhoddas: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
analice107:

And you spend time refuting the existence of these fictional characters at every turn? Why am i even bothering with you sef. Get lost.
If people start praying and supplicating to those characters, I probably will.
Get found!
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by mrmrmister: 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
bennyann:

Stop laughing me jor embarassed

Seems you're trying to say everyone has the potential to be intelligent but not everyone can get it. I agree because Getting it will depend on the opportunities given to them and their capabilites and also, their aspirations.

But don't you think intelligence has so much to do with acquired knowledge than wisdom?

And I won't respond to your greeting until you stop laughing at me cry

Lol
Bennyann are you male or female?
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by JackBizzle: 8:41am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hi Bennyann, I have always asked atheists this question "Is there no place for a mentally ill person in your group?"

Atheists, while seeing themselves as highly intelligent, often forget that people who are mentally handicap exist in this world too. They forget this while they challenge us to endless futile debates. How does such a mentally handicap person argue or debate about the non existence of God, which point will he or she raise? Since he cannot engage in clever debates it means he can't be atheist

Whereas Christian religion considers such people. This is why we have a God that judges our motives, he considers the reasons before an action takes place and he judges with fairness, there is no discrimination in the Kingdom of light, infact Christ came to heal the sick, to set the captives free, to comfort the broken hearted

The difference between intelligence and wisdom in my opinion is that intelligence lacks empathy whereas wisdom applies it all the time.

"the only way to the father is through me" - Jesus.

How can a mentally challenged person get to heaven when he/she cannot understand or recognize Jesus? Have you forgotten that in the bible, it is clearly stated that handicapped people cannot enter the house of God? Read your old testament.

There is a place for mentally challenged people outside religion. There are humanists (who are mostly atheists) who serve in charities for the less privileged.

Please, stop bearing false witness against atheists and learn to remove the log of wood in your own eyes first.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by realmindz: 8:43am On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:
I've seen the word related to intelligence so many many many times on the religion section of Nairaland. There are some group of people who take this "intelligence" to another level which reflects their unnecessary display of superiority in that aspect.

This brings me to wonder and ponder if intelligence is the same as wisdom because of the bragging power possessed by the so called intelligent minds.

Well, I got the below from quora:

So isn't it high time we stopped bragging about intelligence since it isn't even the principal thing? undecided

Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

To the Christians, Jesus Christ is our wisdom.

No ma, wisdom is acquired over time through past experiences. It takes intelligence to think critically, it takes wisdom to understand and apply past experiences and knowledge to present and also future predictions.

A dullard cannot think deep, a fool cannot learn.

Now I give a dimwit a book and say it is the book of life and everything in the book is the truth and nothing more, what do u expect?

He wont think and find how true it is even in the midst of obvious contradictions, that's being a fool because he has been fooled.

what if I tell you that you shall become wise once you worship my god? and you believe and do as I say.

Now do you see who the actual fool is?

A fool that has been fooled to see others who think and question them as fools
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:
Naijadeyhia, 4everGod I've missed you so much. I hope you're still alive wink

Pidgin2, Analice107, kingebukasblog, skeendyke, LaClicKLaBenDin, felixomor, blueagent, MrPresident1, Muafrika2, enshy, 4kings, DoctorAlien, Wilgrea7, Davtosh...

Is Intelligence the same as wisdom?

LiberaDeus, JackBizzle, hopefullandlord, MrMontella, mrmrmister, lepasharon, Dalaman, HCpaul, SirWere, realmindz, akintom, avaa, Lennycool, Jonbellion, joyContraMundum ....

The rate at which you guys talk about intelligence.. That led me to recheck my dictionary grin so what do you think? Are they the same?

Hello Bennyann I am extremely well thank you very much smiley smiley
I have been very busy this first quarter of the year so have been unavoidably absent. When i am done with my workload i will be here as always. I do know that a lot of my atheist fans have been thanking their flying spaghetti monster about my absence grin grin

God bless you sister. Keep holding the fort.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by orisa37: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2017
The Three Sisters(Greek mythology) are, Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. They are part of God's Names which must not be taken with Disrespect.
Intelligence is the "interlocutory linguistic that usually emanate from expanded explaining of any of the Three.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:

I have been very busy this first quarter of the year so have been unavoidably absent. When i am done with my workload i will be here as always. I do know that a lot of my atheist fans have been thanking their flying spaghetti monster about my absence grin grin

Christians did get their "honesty gene" mutated to "morbid lie gene" the very moment they confess to been possessed by the Nazarene.

You simply went off radial on this moniker (when you still remain here on nl with one of your hydramoniker - naijadeyhia, damogul, 4everGod1etc), because you're not able to confront the call out on you, to come and perform the miracle of growing the amputated limb, that you earlier claimed that yahweh can do through you.

Cowards have no honour.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

Christians did get their "honesty gene" mutated to "morbid lie gene" the very moment they confess to been possessed by the Nazarene.

You simply went off radial on this moniker (when you still remain here on nl with one of your hydramoniker), because you're not able to confront the call out on you, to come and perform the miracle of growing the amputated limb, that you earlier claimed that yahweh can do through you.

Cowards have no honour.

Here i was replying to Bennyann and you being an ignoble fan of mine just couldnt resist responding could you?
Indeed just like the devil, the level of deception and lies in atheists are in legendary proportions only dwarfed by those of the devil from whose rock they were cut. The lies and deception in your genes is immutable. I am indeed honoured being your nightmare.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:

Here i was replying to Bennyann and you being an ignoble fan of mine just couldnt resist responding could you?
Indeed just like the devil, the level of deception and lies in atheists are in legendary proportions only dwarfed by those of the devil from whose rock they were cut. The lies and deception in your genes is immutable. I am indeed honoured being your nightmare.

Are you ready to perform the miracle of growing amputated limb back now?
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

Are you ready to perform the miracle of growing amputated limb back now?

Jesus Never danced to the whims of the devil who is your father and neither will i. When you meet with a deceptive soul its plain to see that their focus is not on the healing of the amputee because they do not care about that. Their focus is based on their belief that it just might be impossible to do (in their little minds) so want to use it as an opportunity to show off and presumable show up God.

But guess what? What is done or left undone does not make the sun stop rising or setting or stop night from giving way to day or make you stop growing old and one day dying. If those physical things we see do not care about our opinion and keeps on happening then God in all His spirituality and might owes you no response or honour in your deception and guile and joyfully, neither do i.

Why not save yourself the agony of waiting for me or God and rather prove that you can do what God cannot do by applying your allegedly superior intelligence into how YOU can make an amputated limb grow back and that is assuming you really did care about the said amputee you claim to know about.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:

Oh my big brother is back! cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss

Seriously I miss you so much. I tried holding back to check on you for a while. I'm so happy, so so glad to hear from you.

Please complete your work with success and don't forget us.

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
mrmrmister:

Lol
Bennyann are you male or female?

After you've finished teasing me, you're now asking me. I'm a she jor undecided
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:

Jesus Never danced to the whims of the devil who is your father and neither will i. When you meet with a deceptive soul its plain to see that their focus is not on the healing of the amputee because they do not care about that. Their focus is based on their belief that it just might be impossible to do (in their little minds) so want to use it as a opportunity to show off and presumable show up God.

But guess what? What is done or left undone does not make the sun stop rising or setting or stop night from giving way to day or make you stop growing old and one day dying. If those physical things we see do not care about our opinion and keeps on happening then God in all His spirituality and might owes you no response or honour in your deception and guile and joyfully, neither do i.

Why not save yourself the agony of waiting for me or God and rather prove that you can do what God cannot do by applying your allegedly superior intelligence into how YOU can make an amputated limb grow back and that is assuming you really did care about the said amputee you claim to know about.

Being possessed with Jesus, makes the brain of most Christians to atrophied to that of Mosquitoes.

Science has helped the amputees by reason of artificial limbs.

But with all the idiotic claims of what yahweh can do, it has not helped Mosquitoes limb grow back.

Yahweh children are charlatans and miserable crooks
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:

Oh my big brother is back! cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss

Seriously I miss you so much. I tried holding back to check on you for a while. I'm so happy, so so glad to hear from you.

Please complete your work with success and don't forget us.

Bennyann my own big sister too cheesy cheesy

God bless you indeed for keeping me in your thoughts...i am humbled. I have been busy in the construction and forex market so have been travelling a lot lately. I appreciate you and everyone else.

All is well.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

Being possessed with Jesus, makes the brain of most Christians to atrophied to that of Mosquitoes.

Science has helped the amputees by reason of artificial limbs.

But with all the idiotic claims of what yahweh can do, it has not helped Mosquitoes limb grow back.

Yahweh children are charlatans and miserable crooks

Are you now done venting? If you are quite done can i now focus on reading more intelligent and sensible comments from real people who live real lives outside social media?
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by mrmrmister: 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:

After you've finished teasing me, you're now asking me. I'm a she jor undecided

Oh, okay.
I didn't tease you though grin
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:

Are you now done venting? If you are quite done can i now focus on reading more intelligent and sensible comments from real people who live real lives outside social media?

It's known that the fools, delight in the company of their type.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

The difference between intelligence and wisdom in my opinion is that intelligence lacks empathy whereas wisdom applies it all the time .

At the bolded that's a wow. Analice107 made us realize there are different types of wisdom. I'm sure the wisdom that isn't pure should be the type for selfish purposes but the one you just talked about that applies empathy should be the pure wisdom.

Not being crafty, that's the wisdom God wants us to crave for. Thank you Pidgin2 for honoring this thread.

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

It's known that the fools, delight in the company of their type.

Your alleged intelligence should have hinted you that you just made a double sided comment. Its just like you standing before a mirror and talking to it yet assuming you are talking to someone else. I then wonder whose image is being reflected in the mirror and who is saying the exact same words the man before the mirror is saying.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Pastafarian: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hi Bennyann, I have always asked atheists this question "Is there no place for a mentally ill person in your group?"

YOU LIED!!!!!!

You can refer me to 5 (just five) times you've asked this question in the past

post links please, a link showing when an atheist attempted to reply it would be doubly authentic since anyone can go to past posts and edit

I'll wait
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

You simply went off radial on this moniker (when you still remain here on nl with one of your hydramoniker - naijadeyhia, damogul, 4everGod1etc), because you're not able to confront the call out on you, to come and perform the miracle of growing the amputated limb, that you earlier claimed that yahweh can do through you.

Cowards have no honour.

Sir akintom just say that you miss him and you just want to have a feel of him before he leaves again. wink
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
Bennyann...Intelligence is just a word! Anybody can be intelligent because it is rated based on environment or levels of exposure.

A man in a village could be seen as the most intelligent in his village (at their level)..it does not make the man in the city more intelligent because the man in the city could go to the village and act a fool due to his lack of understanding of that village and the goings on there. So intelligence is LIMITED!

Wisdom on the other hand breaks barriers. Wisdom is like intelligence magnified a million times. Its everything intelligence isnt. Its calm, empathetic, unassuming, not controlling etc

Wisdom is an offshoot of God and is at its best when applied rightly and not wrongly.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:

Your alleged intelligence should have hinted you that you just made a double sided comment. Its just like you standing before a mirror and talking to it yet assuming you are talking to someone else. I then wonder whose image is being reflected in the mirror and who is saying the exact same words the man before the mirror is saying.

Don't worry, now that you have resurrected with the moniker known to most of us, your experience with Hardmirror has just begun.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

Don't worry, now that you have resurrected with the moniker known to most of us, your experience with Hardmirror has just begun.

Thanks for being a fan! Extend my regards to your idol hardmirror..I can see you all are still smarting from his last humiliation!
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
Damienmarley:

There is no such thing as wisdom.
People with extremely high iq's (180+) and extremely low iq's are never regarded as "Wise". Wisdom if it exists at all is a thing of the averagely intelligent

In other words if wisdom exists, it can be found among the intelligent ones.

I've seen those who can be taken as not intelligent, successful in their marriages and businesses. Maybe maturity is part of wisdom.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Pastafarian: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
Bennyann, before I attend to the OP, I want some clarification

can you (in your own words) give me the meaning of the below words:

1. Intelligence

2. Wisdom

I said in your own words

The difference between intelligence and wisdom depends on how the person using those terms defines them! The question cannot be answered without reference to the subjective.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by akintom(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:

Sir akintom just say that you miss him and you just want to have a feel of him before he leaves again. wink
LOL....
That hydra-entity is always here. He does that through chamelonic blend under different moniker.

It was the claim, of how he could do the yahweh gimmicks that gave damogul up.
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
4everGod:
Bennyann...Intelligence is just a word! Anybody can be intelligent because it is rated based on environment or levels of exposure.

A man in a village could be seen as the most intelligent in his village (at their level)..it does not make the man in the city more intelligent because the man in the city could go to the village and act a fool due to his lack of understanding of that village and the goings on there. So intelligence is LIMITED!

Wisdom on the other hand breaks barriers. Wisdom is like intelligence magnified a million times. Its everything intelligence isnt. Its calm, empathetic, unassuming, not controlling etc

Wisdom is an offshoot of God and is at its best when applied rightly and not wrongly.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I go all out with this. Just the same thoughts I have in my head but I couldn't express it better.

Skeendyke, LaClicKLaBenDin what do you think about this? cheesy
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by bennyann: 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
akintom:

LOL....
That hydra-entity is always here. He does that through chamelonic blend under different moniker.

It was the claim, of how he could do the yahweh gimmicks that gave damogul up.

You ehn, I will leave you both to it. But have you seen his view on the Op? Do you still stand your ground there's no difference?
Re: Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? by Pastafarian: 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
bennyann:

You ehn, I will leave you both to it. But have you seen his view on the Op? Do you still stand your ground there's no difference?

I'm still waiting for how you define the two terms "Intelligence" and "Wisdom"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I’m Crazy And Will Never  Be Like My Mother  – Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter / Prophet Muhammed Said Adam Was 60 Cubit Tall (98.4251969 Feet) / Vision: Evil Laws That Will Make Holy Living Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.