Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) (20498 Views)

GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff / Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany / Nigerian Lady In Italy For 30 Years Blasts Nigerian Embassy In Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
EbolaParasite:

Exactly. She is just creating unnecessary noise. 32 page booklets are scarce. If she wants to pay for the 64 page she will get one ASAP. She no wan spend money. Even in Nigeria, the 32 page is scarce so it's not the embassys fault at this time. She should take her noise to the nigerian immigrarion seevice or whoever is responsible in Abuja.
what are you rambling on about? Why is the passport scarce? Has the printing company gone bankrupt? Has the printing machine broken down? Why does it say on their website that it takes 7 days to acquire the passport? Has paper finished on this planet? If all mentioned above is the case i believe they can all be replaced or fixed, and why is it that other countries are able to provide passports for their citizens and nigeria could not provide for their citizens?

Lastly, why are the nigerian high commission collecting payment and charging extortionate amount in dollars if they could not provide the passports? Why is it that we have to pay for this passport through a private company based in the US for a nigerian passport? You seem to know alot about this passport issue so please do explain, i applied in october 2016 i only got it last week. Which country passport takes 6 MONTHS to acquire? even American and British passport does not take up to one month to acquire, in the end had to travel with my other passport, please do explain. Thank you!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
I have since abandoned my nigerian passport, i can not deal with those Arrogant, impolite, tribalistic, ignorant and unducated plebs working at the nigerian high commision. i mean, who comes to the UK just to work at that 18th century offices called nigerian high commision? they do not even have an up to date softwares, one has to do all the admin themselves from photo copy down to providing ones own toilet paper, nigerian high commision is a joke grin

and that woman who always comes out to make Anouncement that egusi and pounded yam is ready in the restuarant. who wants to eat in that shiit hole?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by EbolaParasite: 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
gypsey:
what are you rambling on about? Why is the passport scarce? Has the printing company gone bankrupt? Has the printing machine broken down? Why does it say on their website that it takes 7 days to acquire the passport? Has the paper finished on this planet? If all mentioned above is the case i believe they can all be replaced, and why is it that other countries are able to provide passports for their citizens and not nigerians?

Lastly, why are the british high collecting payment and charging extortionate amount in dollars if they could not provide the passports? Why is it that we have to pay for this passport through a private company based in the US for a nigerian passport? You seem to know alot about this passport issue so please do explain, i applied in october 2016 i only got it last week. Which country passport takes 6 MONTHS to acquire? in the end had to travel with my other pasport, please do explain. Thank you!

All this epistle won't change a simple fact. All you have to do is ask people trying to get passports in Nigeria. The passport issue is from Nigeria. How many times do i have to explain this. The high commission has its own issues no doubt about that but the current scarcity of 32 page passports is from NIGERIA. 64 page passports are available. Your grievances should be towards the nigwrian immigration service and the nigerian government. The current scarcity is not unique to the UK. Ask around

Also you say why are they charging you? Again point your grievances to the NIS and the Nigerian govt. They are the ones responsible for the passpoet fees

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by mikolo80: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
dangotesmummy:
Many Nigerians are naturally uncultured. all humans are naturally uncultured
You have to teach them
It takes you knowing them personally same all over the world or them knowing you're a big fish ditto. All white men are big fish BTW before they can address you with basic courtesy. Many Nigerians are doing jobs they don't feel fulfilled doing. then they should leave the job and go and do the fulfilled one. (it's your job to help them leave BTW) They're just doing it for the pay bfor nko
You happy with your job so? No be bills force you to take am like that
so they won't have work etiquettes can't give what they were never taught except for the listed reasons above or their boss is around so they have no other option than to show manners

You go to the market to buy food stuffs,its worse there because you have to talk to frustrated illiterates to buy whatever you want
they learn fast that a bad attitude results in low sales
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by mikolo80: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
admax:
Working in an embassy is by connections and not merits, unfortunately, they wouldn't be touched despite poor work ethics.
there are ways to ''touch '' them.
Na una no ready to learn the ''dark arts ''
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by ysmd: 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
Passport booklet quite scarce don't understand why
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by abbeyty(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
gypsey:
you have made no sense atall! What the hell! Are you on about?

properly he just finished smoking dog poo
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by btoks: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
EbolaParasite:

All this epistle won't change a simple fact. All you have to do is ask people trying to get passports in Nigeria. The passport issue is from Nigeria. How many times do i have to explain this. The high commission has its own issues no doubt about that but the current scarcity of 32 page passports is from NIGERIA. 64 page passports are available. Your grievances should be towards the nigwrian immigration service and the nigerian government. The current scarcity is not unique to the UK. Ask around

Also you say why are they charging you? Again point your grievances to the NIS and the Nigerian govt. They are the ones responsible for the passpoet fees
The so called scarcity of 32 page passport is not a new issue,it's been going on since 2015 in UK. This is a ploy to get more money off people. I mean, how many people need a 64 page passport that's only valid for 5years!! You'll need to travel more than 100 times internationally to use up the pages.

I'll think it's a lot easier to print 32 pages and this should have been sorted out a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by godquality: 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
She's right though. Just because we are use to such treatment doesn't mean we should accept it. Our public services are in shambles and complaints like this are heard of all over the world.
Embassies that's supposed to protect it citizens in foreign countries treating the same citizens like dirt. We need more videos like this maybe they will wake up to their responsibilities and start earning the salaries being paid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Firstlieutenant(m): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
mhizenugu:
Shame on Nigeria

smiley Babe your mien is a delight. Nigeria can go to hell.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by dangotesmummy: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
mikolo80:
they learn fast that a bad attitude results in low sales
lol.continue justifying and making excuses for bad and uncouth behaviors
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by pokipoki: 9:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Dongreat:

Nothing works in Nigeria but that's doesn't mean that all of the 200+ citizens have thrown in the towels.
The question now is do Nigerians have have any options? Everybody is hoping for the best. Poverty in the land now is unimaginable. In 2012, the country had about 100 million citizens living below $1 a day. Am sure you will agree with me that that figure would have increase significantly in the last two years.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
gypsey:
what are you rambling on about? Why is the passport scarce? Has the printing company gone bankrupt? Has the printing machine broken down? Why does it say on their website that it takes 7 days to acquire the passport? Has paper finished on this planet? If all mentioned above is the case i believe they can all be replaced or fixed, and why is it that other countries are able to provide passports for their citizens and nigeria could not provide for their citizens?

Lastly, why are the british high collecting payment and charging extortionate amount in dollars if they could not provide the passports? Why is it that we have to pay for this passport through a private company based in the US for a nigerian passport? You seem to know alot about this passport issue so please do explain, i applied in october 2016 i only got it last week. Which country passport takes 6 MONTHS to acquire? even American and British passport does not take up to one month to acquire, in the end had to travel with my other passport, please do explain. Thank you!
Well, it takes between 3-4 weeks for one to apply for and receive a US passport in the mail.
But as you said, 6 months processing time is highly ridiculous.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by dangotesmummy: 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2017
coputa:
Is it only frustrated illiterates that sells foodstuffs in the market lol,let me tell you,due to the age long suffering and. hardship experienced by Nigerians,we have become peevish and aggressive to a fault.the educated included.
the literates aren't better but at least they tend to control their bad manners once in a while but in the market you have to cone down to their level to buy whatever you have to buy and while at it you're holding your bag carefully so it's not snatched or one reckless okada driver or insane motorist doesn't run into you or hit you,at the same time there are passers by who are ready to push you off the road,aggressive hawkers and street beggars.actually we have a lot of bad manners but because we experience it on a regular basis it doesn't look like bad manners again, even when you're trying to show courtesy you'll be given a strange look like this guy must be up to something for showing manners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
CFCman:

Well, it takes between 3-4 weeks for one to apply for and receive a US passport in the mail.
But as you said, 6 months processing time is highly ridiculous.
precisely! i mean, if the nigerian high commission do not want us to carry their passport anymore they should just say, instead of the humiliations one go tthrough just to acquire a nigerian passport, i tried to argue this with the so called controller (a hausa man) at the consulate he became rude and arrogant claiming that i am insulting his country nigeria and threatened to get me arrested if not because i am a british citizen. even though i had paid for the passport 4 months before.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Dongreat(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
pokipoki:

The question now is do Nigerians have have any options? Everybody is hoping for the best. Poverty in the land now is unimaginable. In 2012, the country had about 100 million citizens living below $1 a day. Am sure you will agree with me that that figure would have increase significantly in the last two years.

When a country decided to build her foundation with faith instead of works that's the result you get; poverty and sufferings.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by brojoshua: 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
Corruption infected. Those outside Nigeria are worse.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by cosade(m): 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2017
EbolaParasite:

In no way do i support poor service. I am highlighting a point that at THIS TIME, it is a nationwide problem. If you want 64 page passports, you will get one ASAP. Her specific issue was about the delay in getting the passport. It is unfair to lump all the blame over an issue the high commission has no control over. Of course, i am aware of other service delivery issues the high commission has and i am not supporting them in anyway

If this were to be a private business enterprise, I am sure there won't be shortage of any type of booklet. There is no acceptable excuse for booklet shortage. Passport booklets are not given out free, but at a price with good profit margin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by cosade(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2017
cosade:

If this were to be a private business enterprise, I am sure there won't be shortage of any type of booklet. There is no acceptable excuse for booklet shortage. Passport booklets are not given out free, but at a price with good profit margin.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
gypsey:
precisely! i mean, if the nigerian high commission do not want us to carry their passport anymore they should just say, instead of the humiliations one go tthrough just to acquire a nigerian passport, i tried to argue this with the so called controller (a hausa man) at the consulate he became rude and arrogant claiming that i am insulting his country nigeria and threatened to get me arrested if not because i am a british citizen. even though i had paid for the passport 4 months before.
Can you imagine?

The whole thing is a big disgrace. I still don't get how a sovereign nation, that is amongst the top oil producers in the world, runs out of passport books.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by pokipoki: 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
Dongreat:

When a country decided to build her foundation with faith instead of works that's the result you get; poverty and sufferings.
Exactly, now you know things are not working in Nigeria.!!!
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
CFCman:

Can you imagine?

The whole thing is a big disgrace. I still don't get how a sovereign nation, that is amongst the top oil producers in the world, runs out of passport books.
it is Ludiculous! unproffessional and perhaps even illegal.
not delivering services paid for by a customer
on the contracted date. if the British consulate did that i woulda been suing.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by 36STATES: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
btoks:

The so called scarcity of 32 page passport is not a new issue,it's been going on since 2015 in UK. This is a ploy to get more money off people. I mean, how many people need a 64 page passport that's only valid for 5years!! You'll need to travel more than 100 times internationally to use up the pages.

I'll think it's a lot easier to print 32 pages and this should have been sorted out a long time ago.

Stop wasting your time on that bush man.
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
cosade:

oh! although the services has been contracted out to a US based private company, who charges an extortionate Amount in dollars, plus i had to make 2 copies of every papers needed for the applications because the consulate do not have photo copy machine and other office softwares, including another £20 processing fee appart from the fee for the passport. they still could not deliver after 5 months from the date of application. it is a disgrace!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
Dongreat:

You know you really don't have to exhibit your envy but bottle it up and go to the next thread now you sound like an old squeaky bathroom door. Here is a lady telling the world of Nigeria wrongs and fighting for a better Nigeria and here is another who just hate her probably because she is in a developed country and speaks the "queens English". How ironic.
If she decides to renounce her Nigerian citizenship their likes will still come out of the woodworks to insult her and accuse her of being unpatriotic. With frustrated people you can never go right

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Dongreat(m): 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

If she decides to renounce her Nigerian citizenship their likes will still come out of the woodworks to insult her and accuse her of being unpatriotic. With frustrated people you can never go right

It's just a shame that normal people have to share this world with wackos. Hopefully a T-Virus will be developed someday, which can be sent to stupid people by clicking the dislike button.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by mikolo80: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
dangotesmummy:
lol.continue justifying and making excuses for bad and uncouth behaviors
you nko. What have you done to change it
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
Dongreat:

It's just a shame that normal people have to share this world with wackos. Hopefully a T-Virus will be developed someday, which can be sent to stupid people by clicking the dislike button.
Honestly I feel the same way too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2017
gypsey:
it is Ludiculous! unproffessional and perhaps even illegal.
not delivering services paid for by a customer
on the contracted date. if the British consulate did that i woulda been suing.
The Foreign Affairs and NIS urgently need to be overhauled.
In fact, a comprehensive audit of both entities needs to be carried out to weed out all unproductive clogs, and hire individuals with the right qualifications and are patriotic.
Enough of the humiliating treatment of Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
CFCman:

The Foreign Affairs and NIS urgently need to be overhauled.
In fact, a comprehensive audit of both entities needs to be carried out to weed out all unproductive clogs, and hire individuals with the right qualifications and are patriotic.
Enough of the humiliating treatment of Nigerians
Absolutely! % 1000 true! but i guess nigerians are not brave enough to do any thing about it, you need to witness the way nigerians are treated in that high commission one woman was so frustrated she cried, and when Another claimed she was travelling to nigeria for a funeral they immideately produced a passport in 12 hours prefferencial treatments to some people.
anyway they won't be seen me there next time in have decided to give up my nigerian citizenship grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Luvdmx(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
Na wao for naija system . I am the same boat with this babe. Was there early January to renew my passport. The stress and duration of waiting at that London embassy na unbelievable. More than a month no passport. I tried calling but no answer.

This is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) by Luvdmx(m): 12:04am On Mar 05, 2017
gypsey:
I have since abandoned my nigerian passport, i can not deal with those Arrogant, impolite, tribalistic, ignorant and unducated plebs working at the nigerian high commision. i mean, who comes to the UK just to work at that 18th century offices called nigerian high commision? they do not even have an up to date softwares, one has to do all the admin themselves from photo copy down to providing ones own toilet paper, nigerian high commision is a joke grin

and that woman who always comes out to make Anouncement that egusi and pounded yam is ready in the restuarant. who wants to eat in that shiit hole?

Boss I spent more than 8 Hours at that high commision just to submit my passport renewal application early this year. Got no choice than to eat from that shiit hole calld restaurant. The whole place and system na complete mess up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On Construction Of 2km Flyover Interchange At Murtala Muhammad Road, Kano / COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers / Residents Scoop Diesel From A Fallen Tanker In Imo(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.