Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (364141 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by princessadeola(f): 7:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
weldone .ma'am
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hmmmmm what can I say.. Intriguing
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by ArcToyin(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
Am still salivating. The story is sweet.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marychommy(f): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ewo nne I di egwu. keep it on. waiting for d next update
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by habey1984(f): 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
so interesting story more gease to ur elbow
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by horpeyeemy: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2017
mre ink to ur pen ma...but pls mummy Amanda shld not die o.
And one mre thing ma I suggest u tel us wen u will b updating maybe morning or at night....tnk u!!!!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 5:14am On Apr 06, 2017
horpeyeemy:
mre ink to ur pen ma...but pls mummy Amanda shld not die o.
And one mre thing ma I suggest u tel us wen u will b updating maybe morning or at night....tnk u!!!!
Good morning dear, my update comes anytime i'm free,....... But from next week, i'll be updating morning and night, by God's grace my work load will reduce because of Easter break. (Holiday things) smiley
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:44am On Apr 06, 2017
pls update us ooo
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by horpeyeemy: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2017
marianneada:
Good morning dear, my update comes anytime i'm free,....... But from next week, i'll be updating morning and night, by God's grace my work load will reduce because of Easter break. (Holiday things) smiley

tnx ma'am

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 10:26am On Apr 06, 2017
marianneada:
God bless u ma

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nevy22: 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
Weldon ma you're an amazing writer and I enjoy every bit of it kudos more grace to ur pen more updates please
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
weldon ma you are a great writer, but am confuse 4 nelson and his mother condition but don't allowed that statement to be true 4 the sake of amaka happiness.

More wisdom to your brain
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by PrettyMizQdot(f): 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
Chai! ^^**Dis_is_epic.[b][/b]^^

@ Op, ride on..
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2017
CONTINUATION

*******, I met the family lawyer when i got to the station, he was making arrangements for my husband's bail, Nelson was not in a good state of mind when i saw him ,.......... The police confirmed the accident victim sustained minor injuries and is being taken care of at the hospital.

Nelson was later bailed,...... The police warned him seriously about being drunk and driving.......... Thank God for our lawyer,........

The lawyer drove us to the hospital, to see mummy,..... Nelson didnt talk to anyone throughout our drive to the hospital.

I saw dad's car parked at the hospital garage,......

"Thank God he has arrived," i spoke to myself with a sign of relief....... As we headed to the ICU,daddy and the doctor were coming out from there,...... Nelson ran to daddy and hugged him sobbing....... I've never seen a man cry like a baby,...... I was so touched that i couldn't hold back my tears.....

"Daddy pls tell me mummy is not a murderer,......... Tell me you're my biological father..... Nelson begged his dad kneeling down,...and crying

" get up son,.... I dont believe any of these stories...... You're my first son and child...... I wont listen to anyone till your mother gains consciousness and give me answers to my question,.... "

Chy was looking worn out, she needs to go home and shower, then rest.....

" Amaka take your husband home,... He needs to shower and sleep "dad instructed me

" What about mummy,... I need to stay around and take care of her"

"Take care of your husband first,..." he turned to .Nelson i'll see you tomorrow,.... The detective will come to the house by 11am tomorrow,...... We need to talk with him"

"Yes daddy, i'll try my best and be there on time"

"Chy, let's get going dear, the doctor said it will take your mother two days to regain consciousness,..... You can return tomorrow morning "daddy told Chy

We all went to the ICU and saw mummy,...... She was indeed battling with her life....

We got home very late,.... I warmed the soup in the freezer and prepared semo vita,...... My husband had already finished bathing when i called him to eat......

"Baby, dinner is ready,..."

"I 've lost the appetite to eat,..... Just get me a glass of water and i' ll be ok"

"Pls you need to eat, you've not eaten since morning,...... "

" I think i've had enough in one day,... I need sometime alone....... " he walked out on me

I heard the visitors room door pushed open and closed

" Baby pls i cant sleep in this room alone,....... Open the door"

He ignored me

"i bathed and couldn't eat too,.... I took my bible and read, after that i started praying..... I spent the night singing and praying.......

The next day, we went to the hospital to visit mum before we went to the house.

The detective was already waiting for you.

. "Good day everyone,..." he greeted us

He cleared his throat and brought out a brown envelope from his packbag,..... He opened the envelope anf gave a white paper to dad....

"Chief,.... Do you know Mr Kanu,......" he asked dad

Dad didnt waste time in answering him

"Off course i do,........ "

We were shocked that he knows Mr Kanu

" Mr Kanu was a good friend of mine,.... We were friends before we got married,.... Infact we were business associates,....... "

" Good,...... What caused his sudden death?...... I believe you remembered how he died...... "

" I remembered everything that happened vividly,.......... The truth is that, we were not in good terms before his demise "

" What soiled your relationship? "

" It's a long story, i don't want to remember that incident again,..... "

" We're all ears, the long story would help us alot,... "The detective informed him

" I introduced Mr Kanu, to a business which cost us a fortune, unfortunately for him, he lost the contract after wasting so much money,........ Then fortunately for me, i got my contract,..... He was angry that i conived with the government to ruin him,..... He started planning on how to ruin me too,..... The fight lingered for years,... He started threatening my life,...... He even sent assasins to kill me,..... He opted out of our business and demanded 80% of his share which was impossible,......... The feud extended to our families,...... Two years later he was murdered in cold blood together with his first son,..... The boy was barely 5yrs before this happened,.... I felt bad, in as much as we were enemies,..... I never wanted him dead......... The wife accused me of killing her husband,..... I was arrested and detained for weeks, before i was released,......... When i was released i didnt hear from the wife again,........ It was some years later that i heard she left the country with her only daughter,...... I've not seen her again till date...... "

" This is interesting,....... Mrs Kanu has been the one tormenting your home,....... She's on a revenge mission, she never left the country,...... She left the country just few years ago with the money she got from blackmailing your wife........ "

. He then turned to me,.. Amaka, why did you hide the fact that you have met mrs Kanu,......... You and your mother in law kept it away from the whole family..... Why?, have you seen what your secrecy has caused this family" the detective threw at me

My head started pounding immediately,.....

"Amaka, is he saying the truth,......" Nelson spoke for the first since we arrived

"I.... Only.... Found..... Out... Some... Weeks ago,...... I'm sorry i didnt tell you about it......

"Mummy begged me not to involve the family yet, she thought she could handle everything, ..."

"You didn't meet her just few weeks ago, you met her some months ago,..... And you 've been visiting her,......."

"I cant take this anymore," Nelson said, stood up and zoomed away angrily

I' m finished, how will i explain how i met Mrs Kanu,.... No one will believe my story,.... I hid everything from everyone including Chy,.... Who will i run to now for help.......

I left the house in shame thinking of how to handle the situation,.... I boarded a taxi and went home

When i got home i met the front door locked, i knocked and but no answer, i called Nelson but he didn't pick.... Some minutes later the door opened and i saw the shock of my life,......

He had packed out all my belongings,

"Pls carry your things and leave my house,....... I cant keep a woman that keeps secrets away from me....... I dont know how many more secrets your hiding from me, we're one for christ's same!,...... I've been a fool...... No wonder you suddenly reconciled with mum,...... From today i seize to call you my wife.......... Pretend as if you 've never met me in your life...... Pls stay away from me....... I' m passing through alot right now,....... Dont add to my worries,....... "

" Baby pls, just give me 10minutes to explain myself, i'll tell you how everything happened "

It's too late, you had all the chance in the world to tell me this,...... But you couldn't tell me,..... You despise me,.... How could you hide such a thing from me,...... So you knew all along that mum was a murderer, and that Chief isn't my biological father....... Oh my God........ "

He smashed the bottle of whisky he was holding on the floor, it scattered on the floor,......

I was so scared,...... My knees were aching,

" baby i swear, i'll never keep anything away from you,..., believe me, i didnt know about the murder and your paternity....... I only knew about it the day, you also found out,....... Pls just let explain myself......"

"Just take a look at me,...... Am i not a walking corpse?, I dont even know my biological father,...... My mum has kept me in the dark,...... Then my wife whom i trust so much with my life have also betrayed me....... Who else will i run to?,........"

His words pierced through my heart, i've been stupid, God pls forgive me, give me a second chance in his heart

He threw my things out, and locked the door, the security guard stood watching me in pity, be helped me get a taxi, and i left without destination....... I cant face Chy right now,......

I told the taxi driver to just drive on,..... I had nowhere in mind.........

My world was crashing right before me.

7 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by pearl009(f): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2017
this story is great..Weldon ma
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by bimberry1307(f): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2017
Nelson should just calm down a bit. Good job, marianne.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by blanquito(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2017
nice one ma. am thinking that Amanda was the one behind the murder of Mr KANU and his son
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by kikiwendy(f): 11:34am On Apr 07, 2017
nice one..wehdone ma
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by nifemilizD: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
nice work, u re doing a great job, God continue to uphold u and increase ur knowledge. kudos to u
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Eniqurl(f): 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
This is getting serious.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Lovelydaisy(f): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
Marianneada,this your story is a masterpiece. You are a wonderful writer. Am so loving this story. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
That serves amaka right.. I too know.. They form jagaban.. Mtchwwwww
At least even if na secret your husband suppose know...

Werey. Next abeg
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lovelydaisy:
Marianneada,this your story is a masterpiece. You are a wonderful writer. Am so loving this story. Keep it up.
thanks dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ada thanks, i know this amaka will have problem with this her secret she called keep to my self, now she is in d middle of every thing how will she face d hole family including her own mother b/c she warn her about discussing her problem with a stranger.

Ada i can't do a day without spying ur work b/c this what some people are really facing in life, is too touching
Thank u again

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ada thanks, i know this amaka will have problem with this her secret she called keep to my self, now she is in d middle of every thing how will she face d hole family including her own mother b/c she warn her about discussing her problem with a stranger.

Ada i can't do a day without spying ur work b/c this what some people are really facing in life, is too touching
Thank u again
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 4:13am On Apr 08, 2017
Is getting real right now.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:52am On Apr 08, 2017
urchman23:
Is getting real right now.
just waiting for ths, lol
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by highlycomplex: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2017
chei...dis story is really heatin up now....kudos to d writer
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by abefe99: 9:24am On Apr 08, 2017
I pray this won't get out of hand Amaka sowy
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Missclare1(f): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2017
please update ooo.nice story.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by BlissfulJeff(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
beautiful story.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Toyin223(f): 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm May God Help U Amaka

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.