Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (364443 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Maymac(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
wonderful story, keep the train moving
getting more interesting, more ink to your pen...
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Mummy was happy to see us,she was looking better,

She hugged her son so tightly,

"I'm so happy to see you, hope Amaka has been feeding you well, seems you slimmed down a bit"she asked touching her son

Nelson was crying, but he was trying to hide it.

Chy arrived some minutes later,i called her earlier to forget cooking for mum that i would take care of that......... we chatted about many things,mummy ate her food, she enjoyed the food,...... Nelson didnt talk much,.... The doctor later arrived and informed us that mummy would be discharged in two days time,....

SOME MONTHS LATER

********Mummy has fully recovered,........ Chy was done with school,... She's preparing for her NYSC, i was in my final year,.... My wedding has been postponed till everything was sorted out,.... Aunty Adanna and her cohort had been gone under cover , we've not heard from them, the police have been searching for them,...

Nobody has bothered asking mummy about the blackmailers,..... We allowed sleeping dog lie,... Nelson keeps on trying to engage her in conversations that might make her talk about the blackmail but she avoids them,......

I now stay alone since Chy has graduated,...... I spend the weekend with my husband,......

Mummy called everyone to the house one evening, it was her birthday, she wanted us to celebrate it together,

I went early to help Chy with the preparation,.............

Everyone was around for the celebration, daddy bought a new car for mummy, we were all excited,...,

We were all seated in the sitting room chatting when mum suddenly broke down in tears

"Mummy, what is happening?"
"Just tears of joy,..... I once thought i've lost my family,.... But here we are, the happiest family in the world, ""

"everyone laughed at that

" Nelson my prince, you know i love you so much, anything i tell you today is the truth,.... And i pray you will forgive me,..... "

Everywhere was calmed,.... This is the moment we've been all waiting for,..... Moment of truth,...... We all paid attention to her,...

She wiped the tears from her eyes then continued

******** FLASHBACK

I left the village after my secondary education to live with my aunty in Ogun state,... I suffered in their hands,....... I never had a say of my own,... Then i met Peter,i couldn't say if i was inlove with him or not..... Peter was from Imo state,.... He lived in a one room apartment, he was still struggling to make it in life,...... I dated him for three years before my aunty informed me that i would get married to Chief.

"I have the final say in this house,... You cant marry that church rat called Peter,... He is good for nothing,.... Have you asked him what he does for a living?.........., Chief is already made, he has money, he can change our lives for the better, if you dont marry him then be ready to return to the village, no one will cater for you again, you 'll die in abject poverty "my aunty shouted at me

" Aunty pls, i dont want to return to the village, how old am i that you're forcing me to marry Chief,........ I' ve not even seen him, yet you want me to marry him,.. Why are you doing this to me, Is it my fault that i'm an orphan,"

"You will meet Chief tomorrow,.... He's from our village,..... You know him very well,... His father was the richest man in our village before his death,....... You have only today to think of what i told you, Chief will be here tomorrow, so get ready to meet him,.. "she left my room

What am i going to do now, i dont want to return to the village,...... If i return to the village, i wont see Peter again,. I wrote letter to my best friend in the village informing her of what my aunty was planning to do to me.

I was called to meet Chief the next day,.... I was surprised to meet a handsome man sitting down,

"Maybe Chief sent his son to bring me to his house,...... This man is young and handsome "i thought to myself

" Chief, meet Chimamanda my niece,...... Hope she's the one you've been disturbing me about,..... "

I was shocked

" Yes, can i take her out to talk to her"

"Of course, you're free, take her to anywhere you want, you can bring her home if you want,she's all yours ..... "

This woman likes money alot, imagine selling me off like a prostitute

" Amanda my dear, are you ok with what you're aunty said,? "he asked calmly

I looked at my aunty and she gave me the sign of" i'll kill you if you mess up"

I nodded immediately

"Chief, i wish my daughters are all grown ups, i would've given you one of them for free"

"Can we get going?, "

He drove me to a quiet restaurant where he introduced himself to me,

He was nice and fun to be with, he was so rich at a tender age,........

" Why do people call you chief? "i asked him

" Ooooh, that...... , dont mind them, my father was a traditionalist before he died, he gave me the title, i studied abroad, but that didnt stop me from attending any traditional function in the village , i love tradition too,..... I'm called chief by everyone "

" Why did you choose to marry me out all the pretty girls you 've met, i know you' ve travelled alot, and you 've met rich and classy girls,.... "

." I' ve always seen you anytime i visited the village, you're always together with your friend, i've admired you secretly,... I told my uncles about you and they accepted you,..... When i wanted to meet you, i was told you 've left the village for the city,...... I searched for your friend and she gave your address here,... I love you so much,... I' m sorry if i went too far by talking to your aunty first,.... I just wanted my good intentions known to your family,.... I'll give you time to think about it,......".

We had fun that day, he took me to a boutique and bought lots of things for me,......

My aunty was over whelmed with joy when i showed her the gifts,

I went to tell my boyfriend about the new development, i wanted him to come and ask for my hand in marriage, but i was told he travelled to a far away city, and nobody knows when he would be back,...... I cried like a baby,.... I kept on visiting him but he didn't return,.....

It was xmas period and we all travelled to the village, I told my friend about Chief's proposal and she was happy for me,..... We prayed over it and she assured me that i wont regret marrying him,.....

That was how my relationship with Chief started, we returned to Ogun and continued with our friendship, i tried my best to end my relationship with Peter peacefully but i couldn't find him,....... I started loving Chief, he takes me to parties, it was on one the parties we attended that he introduced Mr and Mrs Kanu to me, Mrs kanu and i became so close after the meeting.

I told her about Peter, how he eloped without telling me, she urged me to forget him and move on with my life,...

It was on the night of Chief's 35th birthday that i knew how much i love him,........

The party hall was filled with the mighty and high, i was so shy when i was called to the stage to cut the cake with him,

I enjoyed the party.

We were all alone when the party ended, that was the night he took my virginity,.. This was what i denied Peter for three years,... He promised never to break my heart.

We continued having sex, I returned from his house one day when my aunt's last daughter told me that uncle Peter came to look for me.

I was surprised to hear that, i rushed down to his house to see him

I knocked and entered inside, i met him smoking as usual,

"Where did you go to, leaving me here," i asked him

"I went to make money, and you couldn't wait for me...... Who's Chief!?, he threw at me

" How did you know about him?, and i've been looking for you to clear things with you, "

" Is that supposed to be the answer to my question?, "

" pls i'm not here for all these, you suddenly disappeared into thin air, you spent months there, now you're back to ask me silly question"

"So, because a rich man wants to marry you, you think you can talk back at me,....... I'll deal with you,.... I'll ruin your marriage with that man,..."

. "Empty threats, you cant do anything to me,"

I opened the door to leave, but his hand covered my face and i fainted,

I woke up some hours to find myself naked on the bed,.......... I was scared, i didnt see anyone in the room,... I dressed up immediately and ran home.

I told mrs Kanu what happened to me, but she assured me that he didn't sleep with me, she asked me some few questions and concluded that he didn't sleep with me.

I continued my love affair with Chief, he continued sleeping with me until i noticed some changes in my body.

I missed my period for two months, i went to the hospital and it was confirmed that i was pregnant,......

I didn't know what to do, i couldn't confide in my aunty, i went to mrs Kanu and she advised me to talk to Chief about it, i was confused, i didnt know if Chief or Peter was the father of my unborn child.

Chief was happy to hear about my pregnancy, he rushed our marriage,

i got married to him before my pregnancy became noticeable

I travelled to London for my delivery, i spent some years abroad with my son because of some complications.

I returned to hear of the enemity between my husband and Kanu 's family, i heard how he was killed with his first son in his office, my husband told me how he was accused of killing his friend and son, he decided that i return to London with our son,....... That was when my sorrow began...... I received a call from a strange number

"Hello, who's this?"

"So you dont recognize my voice,........ It's Peter,.... Return my son to me, or else i'll kill you and your husband,...... Call me anytime you wish to see me"

The phone went dead

I was trembling, i never told Peter i was pregnant, how did he find out i gave birth to a boy,........

6 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Is getting real right now y'all....
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
am really enjoying this,waiting for ur next update
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by xaviercasmir(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
getting more intresting. RIDE ON ma'am
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by crislyn(f): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmmm thanks ma'am, you r really really good and I love u and this story.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Aminzy:
Kudos to you.......@Hadampson.....where re u
In da other room... guess what??
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Crowniey(f): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmmmm, its rili interesting. Hope Nelson forgives his mother after d narration.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by lettruthprevail: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
I must confess you are a good and interesting writer.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by victorydgirl(f): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
nice story... but you can go into details now, she and chief were sleeping., you could explain how d sex starts, and other things follow,to spice d story, you understand...
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by JustOzito(f): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
I lack words to express how I am feeling at the moment, just keep it up @marianneada
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hadampson:
In da other room... guess what??
2mawo is wednesdaycheesy
abi?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by emmaline8762: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2017
Nice story, more ink to ur pen dear smiley
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by bimberry1307(f): 9:53am On Apr 12, 2017
Nice update, waiting for da big secret to unfold. well done, OP
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by kendo60(m): 10:27am On Apr 12, 2017
Lovely story, I can't miss a page of this story. I must follow it borbar to borbar. Pls next update shall be dedicated to me. Forge ahead
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2017
Look at the twist... Wow, you are highly blessed and talented. More Grace Marianneada
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by damis28crown(f): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
wow i luv dis story lky kilode hmmmm lets d secerts unfold itself am watching abi na reading
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
victorydgirl:
nice story... but you can go into details now, she and chief were sleeping., you could explain how d sex starts, and other things follow,to spice d story, you understand...
U too like sex 2mussh

3 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by lettruthprevail: 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
victorydgirl:

Remember that she is telling her story to her children and husband. How do you expect a mother to explicitly explain her sexual escapades of her husband to her children when she is in pains and crisis is looming over her and her family?. Saying detailed sexual exploit would have been possible if she was advising her son on how to make love to his wife! Or don't you think so?.

2 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
lettruthprevail:

Remember that she is telling her story to her children and husband. How do you expect a mother to explicitly explain her sexual escapades of her husband to her children when she is in pains and crisis is looming over her and her family?. Saying detailed sexual exploit would have been possible if she was advising her son on how to make love to his wife! Or don't you think so?.
exactly my thought, thanks dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
lettruthprevail:

that's wasn't necessary.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by lettruthprevail: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
urchman23, I am just trying to reason with her about her view. I was not rude neither was I insultive. Engaging in healthy arguments makes one learn from other people. Accept my apology if you don't like people proving you wrong or disputing your views.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2017

I'm dedicating this update to all my readers,..... I appreciate your comments,pls dont be angry anyday i fail to update,..i promise to always keep you happy with my updates ...... I love you all

******I was shocked when i dropped the call, i dont know who told Peter i was pregnant with his baby,.... The thought lingered in my head for one week

I didn't call him back for one week, rather i hastened my travelling plans, i tried convincing my husband to relocate to London but he has investments here in Nigeria, ......

Peter started texting me, threatening to send a video of the night he slept with me to my husband as an evidence to proof that the baby was his,.......

He called me with a strange number and i picked thinking it was an important call.

"So, you dont want to pick my calls anymore, you think you can play games with me,.

I was shocked it was Peter

" Peter, pls, allow me to enjoy my marriage,..... I was always there for you,...... Why are you doing this to me? "

" . Shut up woman,...........! I'll visit your home in two days time if you fail to meet me,........ And i'll expose you before your husband,...."

"You can visit my home this night if you want,..... Thank God we've relocated to Lagos,..... You dont know anywhere in Lagos,.... I want to see how you'll be able to locate my home...... Stupid man..... You wont look for someone to marry, you're thinking of destroying someone else's marriage,..... My God will put you to shame! "

" Hahahahahahhaa, so you have suddenly turned to a prayer warrior,.... "he paused then continued

" Pls help me verify this address,........ 25 S CLOSE , FESTAC, LAGOS,..... you can correct me if I'm wrong........ "

" Jesus!!!!!!!!, who gave you my address,... You are a devil in human form,.. After all i did for you,.... This is how you want to pay me back"

"Hahahahahahhaa, Do you now believe that i'm smarter than you,...... Dont ever think of running to London with my baby because i'll haunt you......... Call me for the venue of our meeting,....." he cut the call

I held my phone for some minutes before i dropped it,..... I carried my baby to check if there is any resemblance between him and Peter, but all i was seeing was Chief' s face,...... That consoled me

. I called him the next day and he gave me the venue,... He insisted i must travell down to Ogun state to see him,..... I lied to my husband and went to see him.

."Oooooh, look at how lavishing and beautiful my princess is,.. "he meant to peck me but i stopped him...

" Why did you call me here, plss go straight to the point"

"Where's my son,.. You dont want me to see my son abi?,..... "

" I'm not here for jokes,....... What do you want from me?

"Ooooook,..... I'm ready to leave the country,..... All i need is just 5 million naira and i'm gone for good,....... I wont trouble you again,.... You can keep my son"

I looked at him from head to toe, then sighed

"Have you touched #500,000 in your miserable life?,...... Wait oooo,.... Do you know what it means to earn money,..... God,...!, you disgust me,... So you want to start blackmailing me?,........ You must be a big fool if you think i'll give you such an amount of money"

"You can insult me, ooo, no problem,..... Your wealth is now entering your brain,.... You now see people as ants,....... You have only one week to pay in that money! "he stormed out of the restaurant,

I ignored his threats, two weeks had gone and my visa was yet to come out,...... I was on my way to the embassy when my phone rang......... Another strange number,..... I was ready for Peter if it was him,.. I packed my car to answer the call

"Hello!"

"Baby dont shout, i just called to tell you how beautiful you're looking today"

I froze for some seconds,......... I searched around to see if he's watching me,........ He then continued

"There's no need being scared,....... Turn around, you will see me"

I turned immediately, i saw him waving and smiling wickedly at me

"Wha........ t a... re you...... doing........ In........... "he didnt allow me finish

" Let me help you complete the sentence, "in Lagos",.........." he winked at me

"I'm here to see my son and claim his paternity,"

"You are a joker!!!!!!! " i knocked at my gate,.... The security guard opened the gate and i drove in,.... I didnt go to the embassy again

He continued pestering me, my husband was becoming suspicious of what is going on

" nne, i think someone has been following us,...... Have you noticed any guy following us?, "

" Nooo, i've not, i think you're just imagining things "

" I hope so,..... If i notice such thing again, i'll involve the police,.... "

I called Peter and warned him about my husband,...... I was later forced to transfer 5 million naira into his account because my husband's suspicion grew as the day went,.... I didnt hear from him again,... I thanked God for taking control of everything.

I travelled to London and spent two years there before returning to Nigeria,...... I never wanted to come home but my husband wanted to have me around for sometime, and he thinks we need a second child,...... So we need to be together,..........

I was pregnant with my second with my second baby,.

I went to the hospital for my ante natal check up when i received a distressing call from Peter

"Amanda pls check your phone, i sent a text you right now, rush down to the second, there's a secret i want to reveal to you,....... Someone is after your life!"

He didnt finish his last statement when the phone cut,...... I tried calling him but his phone was switched off.

I hurried to the address,........ I opened the door and met Peter in the pool of his blood gasping for breath,...... When he sighted me, he smiled...... He told me to move closer to him before so that i could hear him.

He was in pains,....... He was moaning in pains,.. He tried to speak, but i couldn't hear him,.... I was in shock,..... I thought of carrying him to the hospital but there was no one to help me.... I was thinking of what to do when he spoke out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by MissRelly: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
gud evening everybody,wat did he say?abeg stop playing wit my brain,my head is already spinning bt kudos

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Toyin223(f): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pls U Ar Kill Me Small Small
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by blanquito(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
nice one dear.
please we need more comments here,encourage the writer.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 2:01am On Apr 13, 2017
It's becoming interesting on every article coming out y'all. Give kudos to the writter, Marrianneadaobi.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:30am On Apr 13, 2017
urchman23:
It's becoming interesting on every article coming out y'all. Give kudos to the writter, Marrianneadaobi.
thanks dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by pearl009(f): 6:52am On Apr 13, 2017
wow....may God bless you for us, thanks for the update
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 6:59am On Apr 13, 2017
marianneada:
thanks dear
you are difinately welcome and you are the best.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Maymac(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2017
may God bless your brain
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2017
******* " I'm sorry Amanda, for tormenting you,.......pls forgive me,.....You remembered the night you think i raped you,........ That's the day you found yourself naked in my room,.....i swear........ I never touched you,... I had plans of raping you, but i remembered the good things you did for me,.and i left you unclad.... I wanted the best for you and i knew i wouldnt give it to you,....i decided to give you space...... I moved on with my life...... . I had forgotten you for three years when one mrs Kanu came to me,..... She threatened to wipe away my family if i fail to do what she asked me to do,....... She was the one that told me to claim the baby to be mine since you believed we had sex that night,........ She also gave me your house address,........ She was the one giving me information about your whereabout,......... Pls run away from here, .... They might still be around ,...... She wants your family dead,........... I became tired of her games when she told me to ask you for 10million naira,..... My conscience wouldn't let me do that,...... I told her to kill me if she wants to, but before she does that, i would reveal her plans to you............. "

He coughed out blood,.......i was too scared to touch him,.. I was just weeping,.... I couldn't believe Mrs Kanu could be this wicked,........

" Eeeemmm,..... I dont know how they knew i called you,..... So they came before you and stabbed me,......... Pls run!!!!!!!!, run home............, "

I picked my handbag with a trembling hands and ran to my car,. Fear wouldn't let me ignite my car, then my phone rang,......... I picked it with fear

" So you finally killed your father's son, just to keep him shut, i have a video of how you stabbed him,... Hahahahahahhaa!!!!!!,, "

The laugh was echoing in my ear

" Nnoooooo, noooooo, i swear i didnt kill him,...... I didnt kill him.........., i met him in that condition,..... "

" Who will believe your story, do you have evidence?,........ He's dead!!!!!!!!, "

" Nooo , no ooooooh,!!!!! "

I ignited my car and drove home,

I received an MMS in my phone, i opened it and saw a video of where i was holding Peter in a pool of blood,

" Jesus!, i'm finished"

My phone rang again,....

"This alone would send you to jail,... Be prepared for me,...... I'lll destroy your family,.. Your husband killed my son and my husband,...... I'lll wipe you all away,....... "

" Pls, ma, my husband is innocent,....... He doesn't know anything about your husband's death,..... "

" shut up,..... Where were you when all that happened,..... You were in London enjoying your wealth,.... While i was here mourning my husband and son,........ You shall mourn your own husband sooon......... I'll destroy that bastard son of yours!!!!! "

" plssssssssss"

I knelt down and cried, she cut the phone on me

This was how the blackmail started.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.