Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? (19303 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2017
Instead of looking for investment or savings to do with the little allowance you are looking for tithe to pay. na tithe rich people take become rich.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by judedwriter(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:
Please, i need a Godly, Moral advice on this.

I'm still a student and i am willing to give to God but my allowance is very small.
After removing money for handouts, textbooks and assignments, the left over is little that it might not last 5 days. Should i still go ahead and give the tithe?

Really tithe paying is for those with regular income BUT you can give sacrificially to God, not necessarily tithe, and watch Him bless you mightily.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by decatalyst(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2017
Is Nairaland your church? Or your pastor is a Mod here? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by okeyscrib(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2017
Tithe, if paid, are for people that earn wages.

Do you work?

Answer: No.

Don't sweat it. You need to understand how GOD works and not how CHURCH works.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by coolsegun2002: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

I'm still a student and i am willing to give to God but my allowance is very small.
After removing money for handouts, textbooks and assignments, the left over is little that it might not last 5 days. Should i still go ahead and give the tithe?

You are already having conflicting feelings which is called doubt. You don't relate with God wit doubt in your mind.
Whateva you are giving be it in church or on the streets or to your family do it cheerfully without grumbling or any form of force. So far the pastor is not saying if u don't pay ur tithe you will die or you will not succeed.
Give to God what your heart release cheerfully bearing in mind that he is God and there was a reason he ddnt accept the offering of cain but accepted that of abel....happy sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2017
Yes. IT'S COMPULSORY.

God is Almighty but he still needs your money.

Give your pastor who is millionaire more money

wink

Goodluck
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Heavance(m): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2017
phkka1:
Tithe is 1/10 of personal income. Student who is dependent has no income. You can give offerings. Tithe comes immediately you start earning income.
Thank God there is a sane person here, I wonder how a student who is dependent has to pay tithe.
Is the student working? I don't know why those swagger pastors don't address this issue at their fellowships
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Adeevah(m): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2017
Please pay...your pastor needs money
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Timelezz: 9:50am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

How silly, ignorant thread like this assaults common sense by making front page baffles me.

Tithe is for people who earn wages. As a student you are tithe-unqualified as you are akin to a charity case or a beggar or diplomatically an economic sponger.

Your economic survival and wherewithal is desperately fastened to your parents like a patient in comatose is fastened to a life support machine.

You aren't a wage earner. Focus on your studies. That's what The Lord expects of you with what funds your parents provide you with .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Heavance(m): 9:52am On Mar 05, 2017
bjbukzy:
From a common sense point of view, the answer is "NO".
Ur pocket money is nt earned but transfered to you by ur parent/family who worked n earned d money. D Earner must ve deducted d 10% tithe b4 given u ur share(n if he hasnt, dt is btw im n his creator).

If u pay tithe, then pay ur tax also.
OMG, I didn't know people like you were still around....Thank God.
Same thing I tell these students, if your pastor tells you to pay tithe, why then are you not paying tax?

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by donjahsy(m): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2017
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

Rather than giving required tithes and offerings, true Christians imitate the early Christians and support their ministry in two ways: by performing their personal ministerial work without pay and by making voluntary donations.

We thus follow the Bible’s direction to Christians: “Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by kerryjossy(f): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2017
U have to first understand the meaning of tithe and what is meant by tithing. For when u do, u will understand that our giving should be at the leading of the Holy spirit. If u are moved by the Holy spirit to pay tithe, Pay. If not, do not pay. Your giving must be freely and from the heart and not under pressure.

God is not a slot machine.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Edusouls(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

noooo,it will be enjoyed by your fellow man in the name of been a pastor and not God,

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by bonna4u(m): 10:01am On Mar 05, 2017
Olas8:
You pay tithe of your income and as a student you don't ve any income because your allowance budget on your needs but if you ve spare after all of your expenses at the end of the month you can then pay your tithe

Or

If you are working as a student like doing assignments or project for other student then you re required to pay the tithe of the money you earned.

Tithe is on money earned
Is it not illegal to do assignments and projects for others. I don't think God needs such money. Moreover, we don't have levites in Africa because our pastors today don't exude any characteristics of the levites. Levites don't own anything!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by bjbukzy(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2017
Heavance:

OMG, I didn't know people like you were still around....Thank God.
Same thing I tell these students, if your pastor tells you to pay tithe, why then are you not paying tax?
d emphasis on tithe is just too much, if only we cn be truthful to ourself as a nation and set a guideline for tithe collection and how it should be spent.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by mizzyboy007: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

please don't waste your money and making pastors rich. Religion is man made and also a control system. free yourself from that mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Edusouls(m): 10:08am On Mar 05, 2017
poor people with their vry hard earned money, instead to chop better food look after themselves to look like human beings, they will dash it whole heartedly to a con man in the guise of a pastor who lives big on enjoying peoples sweat all in the name of being Gods servant..while you re devils servant..chai.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2017
No!!!, your old man worked hard to FEED YOU, GIVE U MONEY FOR SCHOOL & ALL YOU CAN THINK OF IS OFFERING THAT TO ONE PASTOR WHO IS ALREADY EARNING MILLIONS FROM OTHET GULIBLES LIKE YOU

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by gemale(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2017
pauljumbo:
Its compulsory if you understand the principle of sowing and reaping
Please stop being a deceiver. It's already bad enough that people are ignorant of the fact that tithing is not supposed to be applicable for Christians because of its origins in Judaism & principles behind it (I explained this in a post long ago) but to now tell someone who's not working and earning wage or salary to pay tithe is despicable. Jesus didn't receive tithe neither did the early apostles so why is it some people who claim to be followers of Christ nowadays are demanding tithe? How can you tell a student who is dependent on his parents or Guardian 4 upkeep that it's compulsory he pays a tenth out of it? Is he working? When did Christianity become so mercenary?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by forexbinary: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2017
A boy called an FM radio station.
Boy: *hello, I found a lost bag with N1,700,000.00, an ID card and master card belonging to one Mr Donald James, resident at plot 4 mekenge estate, calabar*
Presenter: *you re such a honest boy so, I believe u want to return d bag?*
Boy: *No oooo, I dey craze? for this Buhari time? I just want to dedicate a song to the owner.....pls play me,*
* My helper oooo, my helper !!!

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by rusher14: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2017
My son bring all your harvest to the house and see how you would be blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2017
Hotfreeze:
Instead of dashing pastor your money, give it to certain persons who are in need. They'll value it more and their hearts would pray for u.

Sowing and reaping is a natural law, not a spiritual law. Even if an atheist or animist gives, he also receives.

Most of those who pay tithes are usually poorer than those who give to charity. Tithers try to bribe God by giving to receive, not freely but expecting something in return. Those who give to charity give freely, not expecting anything in return.

This is why you find the highest number of churches in the poorest areas.

Very simple but incredibly intelligent post.

I have reiterated most of what you wrote.

I prefer to give directly to the beneficiaries of my charity rather giving to a millionaire pastor.

It's sickening that there are tons of widows and school dropouts in the mega churches. Why can't the Oyakhilomes, Oyedepos sacrifice their billions to help out?

If Oyedepo can empty his treasury and use every single penny on the poor, then I believe the seat by the Lord he promises his congregation would be guaranteed for him.

We all know out of self-preservation, this would NEVER HAPPEN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Enyimbamercedes: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

Is it God that then uses the tithes to buy the private jets or Fancy cars for the Man of God or the man of God takes his share and then passes the rest to God? Bros, use the rest to eat but if you don't have what to use it for, help someone in need

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by seagulsntrawler: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2017
Money and tithing is really an emotive issue and has been dealt with in the past, in this section of Nairaland. The truth is that Christians, are not supposed to pay tithe since it is one of the laws given to Moses. Whoever chose to pay it takes him/herself away from the era of grace we are enjoying right now to live under the law. Which means you must practice all the 613 laws in full! Secondly, tithes has never been about money, even though money existed when God instituted that law to the JEWS! Also, jews don't pay tithes anymore for fear of paying to the wrong person since the genealogical records of levites to whom tithes was originally meant for, had been destroyed in the temple at Jerusalem. Furthermore, tithe is a seasonal agricultural tax that was levied on the Jews to support Levites and once in a while the disadvantaged in the society as at that time. It is not something you pay at month end!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by mayorall(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

I started tithing when I was in secondary school from my daily feeding money.

I got to University and could still remember I tithed #20 with envelope cheesy .

Let me analyse it for you.

Monthly allowance #10,000

Tithe #1,000

Transport to school #200 daily (#5,000 in a month)

Balance of #4,000 . From this I will eat, buy handout, pay for group assignment, transport to church.

By kingdom practice (Tithe and offering, seed)

I never called any uncle for money, can even remember I do borrow one of my uncle,

I used two cars

Never collected #1 for hostel fees.

Employer of labour

Talking of 2011-2016.

Now the Ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by wolesmile(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

You are a student. You are still being fed and catered for. You don't have means of income from which you can take out 10% of your income. So why bother yourself about tithe? Who lied to you that you are qualified to pay tithe? Don't allow anybody to fool you
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by ifenes(m): 10:22am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

What is wrong with Africans ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2017
You can barely survive five days and you are asking for advice??
I think you can give your school fees to your pastor. You can also borrow and sow in your pastors farm.

Is that you in the fourth pic bro?

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Chuksdthird(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2017
My advice to you is that you should go ahead pay because to whom little is given, little is also expected of him/her. Remember it must not be the 10% of your income, God looks at the heart not on the material gifts given. God bless you...
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by VanBommel(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2017
SCAM! SCAM!! SCAM!!! angry angry angry
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by idu1(m): 10:34am On Mar 05, 2017
In Sharia perspective you need the titch more because you are still a student you need more money to comfortably run your coarse.

So, if u still wan pay titch na your choice.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by cooljoe(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2017
ts not compulsory o. bt if u want blessings yaamfufu. pay from wat lil u v nd put God to d test and c if He will not open d windows of heaven 4 u nd rain down blessings, so much, ur cup will overflow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / No One Died During Miracle - Bishop Emmanuel Denies ‘Man Dies In Coffin' Story / Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.