Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother (1584 Views)

My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats / Help Find My Brother (missing Person Case) / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by destinysaid(m): 11:22am On Mar 05, 2017
Issue resolved thanks yall
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by destinysaid(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2017
At least someone comment instead of just passing by and viewing. angry cry
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2017
Let me subscribe for U. My own contribution. Ur number and network pls
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by destinysaid(m): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2017
trukoments:
issue resolved . . . .
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Your sense of entitlement, tho...

You just came to his place January ending and he has given you "extra cash", so he has given you some money... doesn't matter how lil'. Since he's married, he probably has other financial responsibilities to look after and he might be struggling a bit, which is why he hasn't given you more money. It's not even his place to be giving you money b/c you're an adult too.

At least you have a roof over your head and he's the one paying the rent. Instead of you to be appreciative, you're complaining, as if he has done you any wrong. If you can make money in Ife, then go to Ife and start making your own money. When you do make some money, come back to give something to your brother to appreciate him.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Richy4(m): 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
destinysaid:
Good morning all, I'm in dire need of a way to talk to my senior bro. I finished sch last yr, and he said he would help me get something since I'm not yet booked for service. This year January ending I came to his place and since then nothing has come forth. Granted hes very busy, but each time I talk to him he'll tells me to wait. The issue is I need 40000 before may for some important stuffs, but without a job that's not a possibility. I do music production in ife, and if I was there by now I would HV started racking in some cash, but my bro just keeps me on a loop, not telling me whether there is anything available or not. If there is nothing I Dnt mind going to ife or a place in berger where I can contiewith my production but I don't Knw, iv told him this and he still says I should wait. I Dnt want to be offensive by being aggressive, as that's not the kind of person I am. I Dnt HV money on me again am the cash I carried + the extra he gave me is finished. My data is about to finish, I Dnt HV money for toothpaste, my soap just finished this morning but I Dnt want to disturb him . plz advice me biko nu(hez married too so that's another thing).

WillyWest I Dnt HV card to call, plz help me or cal me abeg cry cry

VolTOxic

Do that....and assume that there's nothing

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
Plz o this is the op, nairaland just banned me

Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
NotOfThis:

You just came to his place January ending and he has given you "extra cash", so he has given you some money. Since he's married, he probably has other financial responsibilities to look after and he might be struggling a bit, which is why he hasn't given you more money. It's not even his place to be giving you money b/c you're an adult too, although his junior.

At least you have a roof over your head and he's the one paying the rent. Instead of you to be appreciative, you're complaining, as if he has done you any wrong. If you can make money in Ife, then go and start making your own money. When you make some money, come back to give something to your brother to appreciate him.

sis I get, I'm not some1 who is lazy, I DNT want him giving me money, I just want him to come straight with me, is a job available or not. If there is non, I can move ahead and start oda ways of making money, if be was single that would nt be a problem, but I can t open up a studio in a place that is not mine and his wife and kids are there thanx

I appreciates all he does fr me, but as a young adult I can't live comfortably in another man's house and be happy, the other reason y I'm still with him is because I intend on going for LCC classes here(LFC church) .
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
trukoments:
bro I got banned the moment I put up my number, just created this Acc to respond to questions in the topic embarassed
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
Mynd44 fix ur anti-spam not abeg, that thing has a issues
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
Richy4:

Do that....and assume that there's nothing
OK bro , I just want to be able to do that without being rude or an ungrateful bum
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Richy4(m): 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
RadicalP:
OK bro , I just want to be able to do that without being rude or an ungrateful bum

There comes a time in life when a man feel that he is tired of everything and decides to face challenges head on...Your brother is a man, he will understand......Even the prodigal son got tired of his situation and decides to pack his traveling bag...You have stayed and you are tired, if he wants to give you, he knows where to find you...

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
If you're sure you'll make money in Ife and already have a place there to stay, then tell your brother you're leaving for Ife, part on good terms, and be on your way.

RadicalP:
sis I get, I'm not some1 who is lazy, I DNT want him giving me money, I just want him to come straight with me, is a job available or not. If there is non, I can move ahead and start oda ways of making money if be was single that would nt be a problem, but I can t open up a studio in a place that is not mine and his wife and kids are there thanx

I appreciates all he does fr me, but as a young adult I can't live comfortably in another man's house and be happy the other reason y I'm still with him is because I intend on going for LCC classes here(LFC church) .
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
RadicalP:
bro I got banned the moment I put up my number, just created this Acc to respond to questions in the topic embarassed
I've sorted it subscription out
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
Why tag my moniker?
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by Atk1nson(m): 6:30am On Mar 06, 2017
NotOfThis:

You just came to his place January ending and he has given you "extra cash", so he has given you some money... doesn't matter how lil'. Since he's married, he probably has other financial responsibilities to look after and he might be struggling a bit, which is why he hasn't given you more money. It's not even his place to be giving you money b/c you're an adult too.

At least you have a roof over your head and he's the one paying the rent. Instead of you to be appreciative, you're complaining, as if he has done you any wrong. If you can make money in Ife, then go to Ife and start making your own money. When you do make some money, come back to give something to your brother to appreciate him.

I don't agree with you on this, if his brother has nothing to offer him in terms of a job or some other handwork, he should let him know.

Op appears to also be weighing other options, the brother clarifying the status of things will help him decide. More so, if he continues to remain idle while in his uncle's home, it likely going to create problems with other members in the home

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
Richy4:

There comes a time in life when a man feel that he is tired of everything and decides to face challenges head on...Your brother is a man, he will understand......Even the prodigal son got tired of his situation and decides to pack his traveling bag...You have stayed and you are tired, if he wants to give you, he knows where to find you...
thanx so much iv made a decision.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by RadicalP: 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
NotOfThis:
If you're sure you'll make money in Ife and already have a place there to stay, then tell your brother you're leaving for Ife, part on good terms, and be on your way.

thanx iv made my decision
Re: I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother by destinysaid(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2017
Issue resolved.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband’s Neighbor Cooks For Him,am I Being Paranoid? / Can A Talkative Be Cured? / Men Shouldn't be satisfied before women. Else It's A Waste Of Her Time Says Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.