Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? (18112 Views)

Gracious David-West Wearing David Ibiyeomie's 5 Nights Of Glory Tag In Prison / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Kumuyi On Women Wearing Trousers / RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by obafemee80(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
Op,your pastor is a true man of GOD
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by tdayof(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

If you see the president of a nation sag/wearing torn jeans, what would your conclusion be?
Whats the motive behind sagging/wearing torn jeans? whats the motive behind nudity?
If you are sincere xtian, consider the above?

What a perfect answer. May God keep increasing you in wisdom.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by pokipoki: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
eezeribe:
This op is among the religious "sheeple"
Hahaha. You are absolutely correct
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by enshy: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
tdayof:

What a perfect answer. May God keep increasing you in wisdom.
Thanks my bro! Some things youths do are destiny limiters.

1 Like

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Sarhyd(m): 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
why is the Op basing s judgement on foreign country
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Tazdroid(m): 4:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Sins or madnesses?

The guy in the 2nd pic resemble dryfish wey dem just won put for soup
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by obailala(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:
Was in church today and d priest was condemning those who "sag" and females or males that wear torn jeans. He claimed they are immoral acts,amongts others practiced by the youths of today. Though he didnt categorically say they are sins,but his trend of speech wit strong condemnation was heading in that direction.
In my mind I didnt quite see it that way.

My question is: are unusual fashion trends really immoral or sinful acts?

I ask because i av seen pics and videos of Europeans or Americans that go to church half unclad and priests over there dont dwell on it as immoral. Are our priests now more knowledgeable in the bible than those in d western world?
Even though I dont normally fancy these kind of pointless preachings, I cant help but conditionally agree with your pastor purely because of that bonga fish in the second picture you posted. shocked grin
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by luvmijeje(f): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
When someone is not mad. Why would a well trained child put on this kind of rag? Does this kind of dressing glorify God? Any dress that doesn't glorify God in your life is a sin.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Maximus85(m): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:
Was in church today and d priest was condemning those who "sag" and females or males that wear torn jeans. He claimed they are immoral acts,amongts others practiced by the youths of today. Though he didnt categorically say they are sins,but his trend of speech wit strong condemnation was heading in that direction.

I ask because i av seen pics and videos of Europeans or Americans that go to church half unclad and priests over there dont dwell on it as immoral. Are our priests now more knowledgeable in the bible than those in d western world?

They are not sin. They are insanity. Madness, stupidity.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
Who want see una dirty boxer angry with una flat yansh Abeg cover up. Rubbish
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Omoluabi16(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
Although no where was it stated in the bible. But you should ask yourself, for what purpose do you sag? it's shameful and disgraceful for any guy to sag. you don't look hippie but look dumb and retarded when you do. sagging doesn't portray .maturity or responsibility. I do not like torn Jean.

The question you should ask as a Christian is What Would Jesus Do/ wear. my advice is too always dress responsibly. to hell with whatever trends
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
says the people that were running around butt naked before the arrival of the white men. grin grin grin
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by ChristineC: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

can you visit the president dressed on torn jeans and sagged trousers? Abeg make una receive sense undecided
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by praisekeyzz(m): 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
What's that 2nd pic doing there?

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by smartty68(m): 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

So church attendees in d developed world that wear bumshorts,half unclad to churches are what,sinners or immoral?
I bet in Europe and America now,with d way church numbers are falling astronomically,if they see 10 'saggers ','torn jean' or even pant and bra wearers every sunday service,the churches wud be celebrating them with free meals and drinks.
Here,we condemn them,even wen its stated clearly in the bible no one shud judge another,particularly when it concerns biblical injunctions.
Shebi you want make I begin the fantasies if she wear bumshort near me. I go the battle to hear wetin pastor the preach lipsrsealed
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Treshmike(m): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

So church at
tendees in d developed world that wear bumshorts,half unclad to churches are what,sinners or immoral?
I bet in Europe and America now,with d way church numbers are falling astronomically,if they see 10 'saggers ','torn jean' or even pant and bra wearers every sunday service,the churches wud be celebrating them with free meals and drinks.
Here,we condemn them,even wen its stated clearly in the bible no one shud judge another,particularly when it concerns biblical injunctions.

So they now beg people to attend church?
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by holatimmy(f): 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
COMMON sense should tell us...It's craziness,an eyesore on its own

But no!...until the man of God tells us before we actually consider it
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by bidak(m): 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Am not here to say it is a sin or not because am not in a position to but one thing I know is as a Christian after salvation is sanctification which means separation from the things of the world , as Christians there is things expected of us to differentiate us from unbelievers
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
dressing half naked is a big sin, immorality,indecency,incest,rapist and sodomy , all this could have been reduce, if there is decency in dressings.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
THE PICTURE YOU UPLOADED GAVE YOU THE ANSWER YOU NEED. SO YOU NEED SOME1 TO TELL YOU SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THAT KIND DRESSING
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by buoye1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
I don't know of it's a sin, but the truth is i can never put on a ripped jean or sag my trouser.! Haba... Not just right in my opinion
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Sman37(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

So church attendees in d developed world that wear bumshorts,half unclad to churches are what,sinners or immoral?
See you did jesuse told u to follow earopians or american despite then too sin alot or jesuse said u should be decent upright and honest!!
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by beewhy009(m): 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Imagine the men of God you respect a lot sagging and wearing torn jeans on the pulpit and preaching to you. Will you listen to them? How will you feel? Cuz they can't do it doesn't mean you can do it...
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by bakkunm: 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
I believe that pastor children were wearing torn in school. he don't even use bible verse to quote it.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by nurusystem(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
I dont think christianity as guide on how to dress ,so is not a sin,but going by other religion like Islam indesent dressing are not allowed is an evil act ..
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by chiraqDemon(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

Smh
Ppl stupid
I nor see where for bible anybody wear torn jeans wey jesus tell am say e bad
If jesus nor talk am then go and die
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by magzey: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Wait see the match shoe grin grin

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by JOACHINpedro: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
undecided undecided I swear that 2nd pic tire me undecided undecided .which makes me conclude,"if u dress exactly like that mofo in the second pic,u re not only sining but br^ther,u re commiting attrocity." the rest are manageable, atleast the 3rd guy dress lyk he angryly took a preacher's bible who came to disturb him in an uncompleted building. yes,he is nt going to church bt to finish his 'kushing'. my thought though.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by AlphaStyles(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

people like that quote if you see something bad just put don't judge
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by MizTyna(f): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Dude in the second picture got me like ewwwwwwwwwww yuck!

Like, I am not understanding. He's one Linda blog guy I think
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
MizTyna:

Like, I am not understanding. He's one Linda blog guy I think
yea. I think he's also a nairalander. Himself and his partner

https://www.nairaland.com/2674229/photos-popular-nairalanders-silverdam-mrvocalprowess
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by tillaman(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
The guy in the second pic sha, onyx abi na onyinx is always wearing aboki pair of shoe,look at the kinda jean, its a combo, ripped + Distressed on one jean and he flaunts it still

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / Questions W.F Kumuyi Must Answer Before Coming To Aba / Faith & David Oyedepo Celebrate 36th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.