Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,321 members, 7,864,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... (3036 Views)

If Christians Don't Use Science, Science Will Use Them- Fr Oluoma / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that guy said he's a professional medic

it has to be true that our brain sleeps everyday
You won't kill me o-o. I do agree with him that The biblical brain cells do go to sleep cheesy cool tongue
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by hahn(m): 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
adepeter26:

Felixomo.r, swallow your pride & learn. Anyways, am not surprised
First, you should be ashamed of yourself for coming online to say brain go to sleep.

What do you want me to explain to you?
I took my precious time to humble & talk to you in a cool mind....
Anyways, explaining things of human which relates to medics is pointless because common sense, you no get......

For life, you don mumu. I told you to read on encephalogram of the brain, did you read? No.
Its people like you that say brain sleep forgetting/not having any clue what brain is all about. I'm sure, you don't know brain cells when dead don't regenerate. How do you want me to explain this concept to you without collectively relating it to brain cells?
Do you know how sleep is defined in physiology of human? Hel no?

Walai, you no fit sabi anything for life. You talk outta point

What else do you expect from someone which a high level of stupidity undecided
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by otemanuduno: 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
ferdvict2:

If i may ask, is there any machine that can detect demon(s) in somebody and send the demon(s) packing or is there any machine called Demonlogy that will show you that on is be possessed?
Demons don't exist. Mad people are not demonic, only that they have brain malfunctioning. If you want to know, go and check whether there has been any smart, brainy person or a scientist who ever became possessed with demons. The poor people and the intoxicated religious people are the only ones who manifest psychological abnormalities which you perceive and term 'demonic manifestations'.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by otemanuduno: 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
adepeter26:

You won't kill me o-o. I do agree with him that The biblical brain cells do go to sleep cheesy cool tongue
You are overrating the Bible by this comment of yours. There isn't anywhere the word 'brain' was found in the bible. The Bible souls think with their hearts, meditate with their hearts and study with their hearts. NO BRAIN IS INVOLVED IN ALL THEIR DEALINGS.

2 Likes

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
otemanuduno:
You are overrating the Bible by this comment of yours. There isn't anywhere the word 'brain' was found in the bible. The Bible souls think with their hearts, meditate with their hearts and study with their hearts. NO BRAIN IS INVOLVED IN ALL THEIR DEALINGS.
Another killing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by neocortex: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
Another religionist who cites pseudoscience as "evidence" of a god.
SMH
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by ferdvict2(m): 10:55pm On Mar 06, 2017
otemanuduno:
Demons don't exist. Mad people are not demonic, only that they have brain malfunctioning. If you want to know, go and check whether there has been any smart, brainy person or a scientist who ever became possessed with demons. The poor people and the intoxicated religious people are the only ones who manifest psychological abnormalities which you perceive and term 'demonic manifestations'.

many
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by dalaman: 8:25am On Mar 07, 2017
Brain goes to sleep? Na wah ooo. Oga felixomor, you must tell us the name of the medical school you attended oo.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by dalaman: 8:28am On Mar 07, 2017
felixomor:

You dont even know the profession of whom u speak to.

Do you have any profession apart from being a biblical medic? Profession indeed.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by felixomor: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
dalaman:

Do you have any profession apart from being a biblical medic? Profession indeed.

Oya cry grin
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by felixomor: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
dalaman:
Brain goes to sleep? Na wah ooo. Oga felixomor, you must tell us the name of the medical school you attended oo.

The person who lied and opened this thread for u to drool over has seen his mistake already....

You came late.... cool
Continue crying.....
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by dalaman: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
felixomor:

The person who lied and opened this thread for u to drool over has seen his mistake already....

You came late.... cool
Continue crying.....

What is this one saying?
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
obinna58:
Science deals with evidence
God deals with beliefs
Devil, Demon isn't real it all goes with tricky mind
God do not exist that's why believe is required

Hi my friend,
I'm doing this in love...so please don't be offended.

"To many, scientific research has become a curse. God has permitted a flood of light to be poured upon the world in discoveries in science and art; but even the greatest minds, if not guided by the Word of God in their research, become bewildered in their attempts to investigate the relations of science and revelation."

"Human knowledge of both material and spiritual things is partial and imperfect; therefore many are unable to harmonize their views of science with Scripture statements. Many accept mere theories and speculations as scientific facts, and they think that God's word is to be tested by the teachings of "science falsely so called." 1 Timothy 6:20. The Creator and His works are beyond their comprehension; and because they cannot explain these by natural laws, Bible history is regarded as unreliable. Those who doubt the reliability of the records of the Old and New Testaments too often go a step further and doubt the existence of God and attribute power to nature. Having let go their anchor, they are left to beat upon the rocks of infidelity."

..."It is a masterpiece of Satan's deceptions to keep the minds of men searching and conjecturing in regard to that which God has not made known and which He does not intend that we shall understand."

"Those who are unwilling to accept the plain, cutting truths of the Bible are continually seeking for pleasing fables that will quiet the conscience." ...."Satan is ready to supply the heart's desire, and he palms off his deceptions in the place of truth."

The Great Controversy-Ellen G. White p.gs 522-523

CC: Akintom, Frank317, CatfishBilly, Jonbellion
(The four "free-thinkers" I've had some conversation with)
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by akintom(m): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi my friend,
I'm doing this in love...so please don't be offended.

"To many, scientific research has become a curse. God has permitted a flood of light to be poured upon the world in discoveries in science and art; but even the greatest minds, if not guided by the Word of God in their research, become bewildered in their attempts to investigate the relations of science and revelation."

"Human knowledge of both material and spiritual things is partial and imperfect; therefore many are unable to harmonize their views of science with Scripture statements. Many accept mere theories and speculations as scientific facts, and they think that God's word is to be tested by the teachings of "science falsely so called." 1 Timothy 6:20. The Creator and His works are beyond their comprehension; and because they cannot explain these by natural laws, Bible history is regarded as unreliable. Those who doubt the reliability of the records of the Old and New Testaments too often go a step further and doubt the existence of God and attribute power to nature. Having let go their anchor, they are left to beat upon the rocks of infidelity."

..."It is a masterpiece of Satan's deceptions to keep the minds of men searching and conjecturing in regard to that which God has not made known and which He does not intend that we shall understand."

"Those who are unwilling to accept the plain, cutting truths of the Bible are continually seeking for pleasing fables that will quiet the conscience." ...."Satan is ready to supply the heart's desire, and he palms off his deceptions in the place of truth."

The Great Controversy-Ellen G. White p.gs 522-523

CC: Akintom, Frank317, CatfishBilly, Jonbellion
(The four "free-thinkers" I've had some conversation with)
Since this is a quote, do you agree with the thought line?
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
akintom:

Since this is a quote, do you agree with the thought line?

Clever you are Sir Akintom.....turn the statement around to me.
Well....I posted this quote (as controversial as it may be) with all the fellow "free-thinkers" in mind...so I'll let you make that conclusion.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by akintom(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
MZLady39:

Clever you are Sir Akintom.....turn the statement around to me.
Well....I posted this quote (as controversial as it may be) with all the fellow "free-thinkers" in mind...so I'll let you make that conclusion.

My lady,
Permit me to make this hearty digression. If i were still a Christian, your blissful demeanour, shall arouse a discernment of an angel of darkness, lurking around to draw me into the realm of the works of the flesh.

But now that i belong no more to the realm where folks think with their heart, my mind now feels pained of having such beautiful mind like you, bound in illusionary romance with the nazarene and his cohorts.

I have written in this shakespearean style, in presumption that you're an initiate of the fairy art.

Kindly request elucidation, in the event that my piece is manacled in ambiguity.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
Sir Hamlet....I mean Akintom,
Hmmmm.....I'm requesting elucidation.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by akintom(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2017
MZLady39:
Sir Hamlet....I mean Akintom,
Hmmmm.....I'm requesting elucidation.

Summary: you're too a sane and refreshing lady, deserving no association with religious peeps.

Your aura is as a fragrance, that herald bliss, comparable only to that of fairy garden of Eldorado. Asking men to severe ties with the sphere of peeps, who think, read and understand with their heart.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
akintom:

Summary: you're too a sane and refreshing lady, deserving no association with religious peeps.

Your aura is as a fragrance, that herald bliss, comparable only to that of fairy garden of Eldorado. Asking men to severe ties with the sphere of peeps, who think, read and understand with their heart.

Hmmmm......a master of beautiful words you truly are sir......
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by akintom(m): 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
MZLady39:

Hmmmm......a master of beautiful words you truly are sir......
Am flattered, my lady!
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:13pm On May 24, 2017
adepeter26:

Brother felixomor, i dont know where you gat ya own concept of "sleeping brain or the brain sleeps daily". But anyways, I will assume you don't know or you don't understand and will love to correct that ya misconception.
Medically, the brain (aka brain cells) don't sleep. The brain is 24/7 active for as long as you are alive (read more on the enchalogram)..... >> Speaking from experience and knowledge as a student who studied Medical Physiology.

But I don't know if biblically or religiously, brain cells do sleep.

As for this, research is still going on. That's why science is dynamic. There are no supernaturals just that the naturals are not yet understood...

Nonsense .

Cognitive areas in your brain shut down once you go to sleep . That's why people who experience sleep walking and sleep terrors are not conscious of their actions .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by CatfishBilly: 2:37pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Nonsense .

Cognitive areas in your brain shut down once you go to sleep . That's why people who experience sleep walking and sleep terrors are not conscious of their actions .
But the brain doesn't go to sleep, there are still recordable waves on EEG.
The part of the brain in charge of breathing, heart beat and circulation don't shut down.

1 Like

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Nonsense .

Tell me the part of the brain that "shuts down" Dr KingEbukasBlog.....

I want us to go physiological please. Before we continue I want you to read about ENCEPHALOGRAM in NEUROPHYSIOLOGY so you won't appear dumb just like Felix did on that thread
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 24, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The part of the brain in charge of breathing, heart beat and circulation don't shut down.
I talk am say someday, Shoe maker go find Carpenter trouble.

Person will read small article from Wikipedia, and be forming intelligent....

I wonder if he know what EEG is all about.

Anyways, thanks Doc
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:45pm On May 24, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Of course . Going to sleep does not mean going completely off like you guys misconstrued it to be , it simply means some areas become mostly inactive .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2017
adepeter26:

Tell me the part of the brain that "shuts down" Dr KingEbukasBlog.....

I just did undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 24, 2017
Another doctor has said, "COGNITIVE AREAS OF THE BRAIN DOES SHUT DOWN".

Where them dae, MA summon the elders....
Dalaman, Felixomor, pastafarian, CatfishBilly, Frank317, akiintom, Spacetacular,.... Etc.... Brain doesnt sleep, it now shuts down....
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by felixomor: 2:48pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course . Going to sleep does not mean going completely off like you guys misconstrued it to be , it simply means some areas become mostly inactive .

My brother, i was even explaining beliefs and theories people held in science that cant be explained.

It takes a sincere person to validate any statements.

You have proven that atheists on this website can almost never be sincere nor objective.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by felixomor: 2:49pm On May 24, 2017
adepeter26:
Another doctor has said, "COGNITIVE AREAS OF THE BRAIN DOES SHUT DOWN".

Where them dae, MA summon the elders....
Dalaman, Felixomor, pastafarian, CatfishBilly, Frank317, akiintom, Spacetacular,.... Etc.... Brain doesnt sleep, it now shuts down....

Get out abeg.
Who takes u serious anymore?
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You're here even blabbing more than Felix.... Shutdown? Brain?.?

See, am a carpenter, I may be wrong but I know you are most most most wrong
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by CatfishBilly: 2:51pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They don't become mostly inactive because they still use ATP(energy) though at a lower rate compared to when awake. I think the term that goes close somewhat is hibernate. Any little stimulus and they start firing again.
Re: God Is Science, Science Is Not God; See Reason... by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 24, 2017
felixomor:

Get out abeg.
Who takes u serious anymore?
Take some pills Bro cheesy

You're no longer alone Bro,,, KingEbukasBlog has joined to share in ya medical imaginations.

BTW, I have never craved for attention neither have I begged to be taken serious. So chill and be happy, the Lord has added a new fellow to your league

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crap / Religion And Authority / Types Of Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.