Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? (2683 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2009
What's wrong in dating and marrying two sisters? Is it biblically wrong or just that the african tradition forbids it? Views please?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2009
Are you even educated?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 8:47am On Dec 15, 2009
Guess i'm more educated than you. What has education got to do wit this? It a case of why isn't it possible. Afterall Jacob married to sisters. So?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2009
If you are more educated than me, then you should put an apostrophe in your title.

If you are more eductaed than me, then you should know that posting the same topic in different section is spamming.

If you are more educated than me, then you should know that the Nigerian law is against polygamy.

If you are more educated than me, then you should know that our Constitution is more important than any other religious or cultural practice, unless you create a Christian law like the Sharia.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2009
Amazing! Apostrophe? Where? If its in the word cant then that's immaterial and uncounted for as this is not a formal section of this forum.
Pls ma'am what section of the Nigerian constitution forbids polygamy? The law forbids bigamy and not polygamy. K?
I posted the topic on two sections cos it applies to both. You mods in this forum need some kinda training and enlightenment. Go to foreign forums and learn.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 15, 2009
funkystanl:

Amazing! Apostrophe? Where? If its in the word cant then that's immaterial and uncounted for as this is not a formal section of this forum.
Pls ma'am what section of the Nigerian constitution forbids polygamy? The law forbids bigamy and not polygamy. K?
I posted the topic on two sections cos it applies to both. You mods in this forum need some kinda training and enlightenment. Go to foreign forums and learn.

1. Lame

2. Isn't bigamy polygamy? Haba so because we call it monomy does mean it is not also a polynomy? Or because we call him Igbo does mean he is not Nigerian? Because we call him Ashanti does mean he is not Ghanaian?

3. You don't tell me how to deal with my section.

You are just an illiterate. I have wasted enough time with you.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2009
Got a prob, and never going to help you in dealing wit matters. Learnt to accept sths. Look, bigamy is totally different from polygamy. Even if you dont know law terms consult your oracle. Bigamy is a crime of marrying when one is still legally married to somebody else. Note the word legally. Polygamy is a man marrying more than one wife. Polygamy applies to a man only, bigamy applies to both man and woman. Bigamy is legal, polygamy doesn's state whether the marriage is legal or not. If the nigerian constitution is again polygamy, then even d law makers are to be questioned. Most of them are polygamist, however they are not committing bigamy cos their marriage is not legal. Ma'am seek to learn more and dont be too smart. Thank you for your time.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2009
Ahahhahahahahhaha!

It's ok to marry three and above women, but if you marry two, it is against the law?

Go and siddon, ignorant Ajegunle fugitive!
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 9:36am On Dec 15, 2009
I thought you said You've got no time? Your last reply doesn't make sense even to solomon. I never stated anything like what you wrote. Your comments so puerile. If you dont know wat to post go to your section and keep watching.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2009
you don't make sense at all.

Tell me why bigamy isn't polygamy?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 9:52am On Dec 15, 2009
Obviously you didn't read my second to last post with all understandin. I've answered the question there. Bigamy is legal and it is a crime involved in "legal" marriage. polygamy is not a crime, it is a form of marriage. Polygamy is not a legal marriage. Get it bigamy is a crime not a marriage. Polygamy isn't a crime but a form of marriage. Bigamy applies in legal marriage. Polygamy is not by any standard legal.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by mrperfect(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2009
Still on Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2009
Yes o, still on same question o, this michel gal just divert everything.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 15, 2009
funkystanl:

What's wrong in dating and marrying two sisters? Is it biblically wrong or just that the african tradition forbids it? Views please?
very bad joke.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
rokiatu:

very bad joke.

grin you think so? But it's a serious issue, I just want to know what is really wrong with it. I want views and proofs about this,
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by foyeks2001(f): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
y not
infact u can even marry ur own blood sister sef
afterall Abraham married his sister Sarah(the same father but not the same mother huh
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by foyeks2001(f): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2009
funkystanl:

Got a prob, and never going to help you in dealing wit matters. Learnt to accept sths. Look, bigamy is totally different from polygamy. Even if you dont know law terms consult your oracle. Bigamy is a crime of marrying when one is still legally married to somebody else. Note the word legally. Polygamy is a man marrying more than one wife. Polygamy applies to a man only, bigamy applies to both man and woman. Bigamy is legal, polygamy doesn's state whether the marriage is legal or not. If the nigerian constitution is again polygamy, then even d law makers are to be questioned. Most of them are polygamist, however they are not committing bigamy cos their marriage is not legal. Ma'am seek to learn more and dont be too smart. Thank you for your time.

u are right on this Bro
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
Why cant you woman marry you and your brother together or even you and your Dad together.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by mrperfect(m): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Why cant you woman marry you and your brother together or even you and your Dad together.
No vex please.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by creampy(f): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
are you lawful to marry their mother too?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2009
mrperfect:

No vex please.

Vex ke?
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by mrperfect(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
I was nervous about your bewilderment post when there is enough complication already, when he actually needs go ahead support.
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
mrperfect:

I was nervous about your bewilderment post when there is enough complication already, when he actually needs go ahead support.

Lol . . . . no need to be nervous
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by coolier(f): 3:02am On Dec 16, 2009
michelin89:

Are you even educated?

I wonder!
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
foyeks2001:

y not
infact u can even marry your own blood sister sef
afterall Abraham married his sister Sarah(the same father but not the same mother huh

Haba take it easy now,

foyeks2001:

u are right on this Bro

thanks

Fhemmmy:

Abeg o take it easy na simple question i ask o, just lemme know your view(s)

coolier:

I wonder!

and what does that mean, this is not an issue of education please,
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2009
Na simple question i asked u too now. . . . tongue
Re: Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? by funkystanl(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
lol lol lol

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You men Reprimand Your Wives When They Maltreat Your House Maids? / Guys: What Particular Chores/ Activity Do You Hate Doing Around The House? / Pathetic! Real Life Story That Will Re-shape Your Thinking About Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.