Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (32392 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by bebe4u(f): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
My virtual friends, i am posting this because i ant to share the burden i have in my life right now and i seek for honest answer and advice in which ever way. please keep it polite anyone could be in a similar situation and we could all learn from it at the end of the day.

I am 30years of age female working in the oil & gas sector and very comfortable financially. How ever i have been in a platonic relationship with a guy who is currently working in a bank but i am better off financially. He never hid his intention that he loves me and would want to take things to the next level but i have always maintain my stand of us not rushing things while trying to sort out my real feelings for him. He asked me to marry him recently and i accepted. The burden i have in my heart now is 1- I am not in love with him and also not sexually attracted to him. By that i mean im not crazily in love but i like him as a friend. 2- I have concerns about our financial obligation in the sense that i fear he might not provide for me the way a husband should for is wife. i am a traditional person where i believe a man should always provide for his wife no matter how small, im willing to support him but through the three years we have been friends he hasnt provided in the least of money for my salon session. i feel he is just taking advantage of the fact that i can afford it, so i feel differently. He currently lives with his family and younger brother. i talked to him one day and said he should get a house of his own but till date he hasnt and havent made any real effort at that yet he talks about facilitating meeting my parents et al. Question is what are the pros and cons of going ahead to marry this young man or should i just call it off as i have been tempted to several times. BTW he is 35yrs of age, has been working in the bank for 6 yrs as an employee. As we all know the presure young ladies face in the society about being single by 30years. Please respond with your candid advice. i will appreciate while i keep praying as most of you will end up saying to me. Thank you.
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
If you're marrying him only because of the pressure of not being married by 30... big mistake. No point making the poor dude's life a misery. You dont love him, not sexually attracted to him, have various concerns about him and you quite clearly do not have mutual agreement on issues that are important to you. Leave him and keep praying for your own man.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by queensmith: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
i won't encourage it.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
You are marrying him out of fear of being single at 30+. Almost all decisions made out of fear are wrong because you are not thinking straight.3 years and he never bought you anything? Hmm did u have a talk with him about this behaviour of his anyway Listen to your heart. Better single with options than married and miserable.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by SisiKill1: 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
bebe4u: My virtual friends, i am posting this because i ant to share the burden i have in my life right now and i seek for honest answer and advice in which ever way. please keep it polite anyone could be in a similar situation and we could all learn from it at the end of the day.

I am 30years of age female working in the oil & gas sector and very comfortable financially. How ever i have been in a platonic relationship with a guy who is currently working in a bank but i am better off financially. He never hid his intention that he loves me and would want to take things to the next level but i have always maintain my stand of us not rushing things while trying to sort out my real feelings for him. He asked me to marry him recently and i accepted.

[size=18pt] The burden i have in my heart now is 1- I am not in love with him and also not sexually attracted to him. By that i mean im not crazily in love but i like him as a friend. [/size]

[size=18pt] I have concerns about our financial obligation in the sense that i fear he might not provide for me the way a husband should for is wife.[/size]

i am a traditional person where i believe a man should always provide for his wife no matter how small, im willing to support him but through the three years we have been friends he hasnt provided in the least of money for my salon session.[size=18pt] i feel he is just taking advantage of the fact that i can afford it, so i feel differently.[/size]

He currently lives with his family and younger brother. [size=18pt]i talked to him one day and said he should get a house of his own but till date he hasnt and havent made any real effort at that yet he talks about facilitating meeting my parents et al.[/size]

Question is what are the pros and cons of going ahead to marry this young man or should i just call it off as i have been tempted to several times. BTW he is 35yrs of age, has been working in the bank for 6 yrs as an employee. As we all know the presure young ladies face in the society about being single by 30years. Please respond with your candid advice. i will appreciate while i keep praying as most of you will end up saying to me. Thank you.
Don't have any advice to give you. . .alls I'm gonna say is read you own post again, pay close attention to the highlighted parts and ask YOURSELF what YOU should.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but I gotta ask. . .why do women expect a guy to give them money for some things?!! I'm not talking about housekeeping money when you are married oh, I'm talking about all this no money for hair, no money for shoe, no money for bag, no money for manicure, when you are still doing boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean If we still need someone to give us money for all those things, why the hell are we working? We might as well just remain in our parents homes and be collecting pocket money like we did when we were in Primary School.

I swear sometimes, it is like we take 1 step forward and 1000 steps backwards. undecided

60 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^I also flinched when I read the 'salon' part. Well maybe it's her own idea of a 'caring man'.
Does he give you gifts. . .birthdays, valentine etc? I think that should be enough. If you want more you can always ask for it, lol. Most people are not mindreaders. lol

But that's by the way, there are too many hang-ups here. He lives with his parents, you don't love him, what were you guys doing as 3yrs passed you by?

7 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by uyogabie(f): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sis,please don't go there...You don't love him,you are not sexually attracted to him,there must be something at least to keep u guys going when the pressure of marriage begins to dawn on you.God will bring your own man dear.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
They say experience is the best teacher. @Poster, go right ahead. You already had the guts to agree to marry him, so why not go for it.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2012

26 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by beqs101(f): 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
You better not marry this dude out of pity or cuz u're desperate to get married. We learn to love people with time but,if after three years you still are not attracted to him sexually and have not found reasons to love him,u should just let him go and pray for your own man to come.
If you marry him,there are chances that u most definitely will cheat on him and the joy, happiness and fulfillment every woman derives from being married,won't be there.

6 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by bebe4u(f): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
@ tiniyata, you didnt have to call me names, i didnt steal anthing of yours. if you dont like my post. *just jump am pass*

@ andromina. yes im marrying him alomost out of fear and i havent discussed this behaviour of his with him. i plan to do that.

@ sisikill and still water, i used salon money as the least cash assistance he can offer in terms of suporting me and im not talking salon money for brazilian weavon or anything of that range. im reffering to wash and set of at most 2k. not that i cant afford it, its a gesture of the fact that i am someone he should be responsible for as a wife to be.My point of concern is him not being responsive to my needs and translating that to not providing house keeping money just because im working and can afford it.

@chaircover and begs101 three years together was spent just as platonic friends. hence we never spent that time trying to buid sexual compatibility.

@ others ... thanks for your candid responses. i appreciate.

15 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by SisiKill1: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
bebe4u:

@ sisikill and still water, i used salon money as the least cash assistance he can offer in terms of suporting me and im not talking salon money for brazilian weavon or anything of that range. im reffering to wash and set of at most 2k. not that i cant afford it, its a gesture of the fact that i am someone he should be responsible for as a wife to be.My point of concern is him not being responsive to my needs and translating that to not providing house keeping money just because im working and can afford it.
2000k? I'm sorry but this is even worse. embarassed

It's no wonder some men think they can treat a woman like rubbish, when we go around begging for kobo kobo. angry angry

Sis, use your money for your personal upkeep abeg. . that's why you are working. Again, I'm sorry oh but until a man marries you (even then sef) you are NOT is responsibilities. I mean I thought the whole reason how parents sent us to school get was so we could get good jobs and not have to depend on a man for money for sanitary pad.

Would it be nice if these men doled out the cash on us? Of course. . .who can say no to money cheesy but the sense of entitlement, this HE MUSTO DO IT, IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY, is just a HUGE turn off (and this is coming from a female oh). undecided

Having said that, I think him not giving you wash and set money is the least of the issue here. . .you don't love him and you aren't attracted to him. What kinda marriage do you hope to have?

20 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by coogar: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
bebe4u: My virtual friends, i am posting this because i ant to share the burden i have in my life right now and i seek for honest answer and advice in which ever way. please keep it polite anyone could be in a similar situation and we could all learn from it at the end of the day.

I am 30years of age female working in the oil & gas sector and very comfortable financially. How ever i have been in a platonic relationship with a guy who is currently working in a bank but i am better off financially. He never hid his intention that he loves me and would want to take things to the next level but i have always maintain my stand of us not rushing things while trying to sort out my real feelings for him. He asked me to marry him recently and i accepted. The burden i have in my heart now is 1- I am not in love with him and also not sexually attracted to him. By that i mean im not crazily in love but i like him as a friend. 2- I have concerns about our financial obligation in the sense that i fear he might not provide for me the way a husband should for is wife. i am a traditional person where i believe a man should always provide for his wife no matter how small, im willing to support him but through the three years we have been friends he hasnt provided in the least of money for my salon session. i feel he is just taking advantage of the fact that i can afford it, so i feel differently. He currently lives with his family and younger brother. i talked to him one day and said he should get a house of his own but till date he hasnt and havent made any real effort at that yet he talks about facilitating meeting my parents et al. Question is what are the pros and cons of going ahead to marry this young man or should i just call it off as i have been tempted to several times. BTW he is 35yrs of age, has been working in the bank for 6 yrs as an employee. As we all know the presure young ladies face in the society about being single by 30years. Please respond with your candid advice. i will appreciate while i keep praying as most of you will end up saying to me. Thank you.

leave him alone, you don't deserve him.....
go and find aristos who would light up your life with irrelevances and frivolities....that's what you deserve. it's now clear why there are many chics of your age group single and lonely. Jesus would bring the salon session money providers to you guys soon.....before rapture!

arrant nonsense!

Sisi_Kill:
2000k? I'm sorry but this is even worse. embarassed

It's no wonder some men think they can treat a woman like rubbish, when we go around begging for kobo kobo. angry angry

Sis, use your money for your personal upkeep abeg. . that's why you are working. Again, I'm sorry oh but until a man marries you (even then sef) you are NOT is responsibilities. I mean I thought the whole reason how parents sent us to school get was so we could get good jobs and not have to depend on a man for money for sanitary pad.

Would it be nice if these men doled out the cash on us? Of course. . .who can say no to money cheesy but the sense of entitlement, this HE MUSTO DO IT, IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY, is just a HUGE turn off (and this is coming from a female oh). undecided

Having said that, I think him not giving you wash and set money is the least of the issue here. . .you don't love him and you aren't attracted to him. What kinda marriage do you hope to have?

i am glad you have seen this......you often wonder why naija men treat their women like crap - this is another evidence! she works, makes good income and yet she still expects the man to buy maxipads and her tylenol. if the man demands the services required from a full housewife, she would flip the script and claim she's a working class woman! what are the odds that this babe is an "ijebu" woman like you soon to join the association of goat investors? lol!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
@poster, just let sagamite see this you hear?..
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by afrobaby(f): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
I laugh in yoruba while reading some of the responses here,pls let's b real. Like I always say, I will prefer to av 1000 broken relationships dan A̶̲̥̅̊ single broken marriage,it is really bad. First, I can't marry someone am not sexually attracted to, what, no electric current mere seeing him, haba I no fit, many divorces or extramarital affairs today ar as A̶̲̥̅̊ result of probs in se.x,take it or leave it.
Also,, at 30, yeah I understand,da pressure is dia, I know of A̶̲̥̅̊ lady whose dad told her that if she can't find A̶̲̥̅̊ hubby, maybe he shud talk to one of his friends to marry her, it can b dat bad but come to think of it,no one will live wit Ʊ,Ʊ will b in  marriage alone,so don't rush cos of ur age,pray for urs to come.
@sisi_kills, I stand to b corrected but I must tell Ʊ dat the moment A̶̲̥̅̊ man sees the qualities of A̶̲̥̅̊ wife he wants in Ʊ,he starts to see Ʊ as his responsibility. A̶̲̥̅̊ man who wants to marry Ʊ and Ʊ have never cooked for him once whether in his house or urs, everytime he says let's eat,Ʊ say let's go out and eat, what do Ʊ think the man would think,am I sure dis lady will make A̶̲̥̅̊ good wife, yet, we kknow wife is not just meant to b A̶̲̥̅̊ cook. Dia ar ways to test sense of responsibility in A̶̲̥̅̊ man/woman, while I was still dating my hubby, every month, he gives me A̶̲̥̅̊ certain amount of money to get anything for myself, ofcourse, he knows how much I collect as salry,he knows I don't even spend half of my salary in A̶̲̥̅̊ month but he showed me that while courting that he can provide for me in his own little way,dis is africa. And do Ʊ think I don't reciprocate too, I did, I made sure I got him boxers, singlet, powder etc, does things I know may easily skip his mind every month, dat is how I feel A̶̲̥̅̊ courtship, not boyfriend/girlfriend relationship should be..
@op, if Ʊ feel within ur heart that he may not b what Ʊ really want in A̶̲̥̅̊ man, pls let him go, urs will come o. God is never too late,just pray but pls bear in mind, dia is no perfect man outthere o, Ʊ make out the perfection in him.

30 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by coogar: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
afrobaby:
@sisi_kills, I stand to b corrected but I must tell Ʊ dat the moment A̶̲̥̅̊ man sees the qualities of A̶̲̥̅̊ wife he wants in Ʊ,he starts to see Ʊ as his responsibility. A̶̲̥̅̊ man who wants to marry Ʊ and Ʊ have never cooked for him once whether in his house or urs, everytime he says let's eat,Ʊ say let's go out and eat, what do Ʊ think the man would think,am I sure dis lady will make A̶̲̥̅̊ good wife, yet, we kknow wife is not just meant to b A̶̲̥̅̊ cook. Dia ar ways to test sense of responsibility in A̶̲̥̅̊ man/woman, while I was still dating my hubby, every month, he gives me A̶̲̥̅̊ certain amount of money to get anything for myself, ofcourse, he knows how much I collect as salry,he knows I don't even spend half of my salary in A̶̲̥̅̊ month but he showed me that while courting that he can provide for me in his own little way,dis is africa. And do Ʊ think I don't reciprocate too, I did, I made sure I got him boxers, singlet, powder etc, does things I know may easily skip his mind every month, dat is how I feel A̶̲̥̅̊ courtship, not boyfriend/girlfriend relationship should be..
@op, if Ʊ feel within ur heart that he may not b what Ʊ really want in A̶̲̥̅̊ man, pls let him go, urs will come o. God is never too late,just pray but pls bear in mind, dia is no perfect man outthere o, Ʊ make out the perfection in him.

lmao @ this is africa
when the men treat you like african women should be treated, why do you then compare yourselves to women of the developed nations and start screaming marital abuse and infidelity?

8 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
coogar:

lmao @ this is africa
when the men treat you like african women should be treated, why do you then compare yourselves to women of the developed nations and start screaming marital abuse and infidelity?

Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2012

11 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by coogar: 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2012
chaircover: Some of us women like giving out mixed messages. The poster was very quick to talk about her financial prowess, she talked about how comfortable she is, her salary and in the same vein goes on to complain that the guy may not be be able to provide for her because he didnt pick up a 2k hair bill.

You think she wouldn't have made her financial clout crystal clear to the man. He is not a fool and most probably feels that he will be insulting her by paying a petty N2k towards her hair when she earns a whopping God knows what.

Like sisi Kill, I still dont understand the need for men to be financially responsible for their girlfriends. If you want to buy me a gift, then fine but I dont go expecting him to pay for my nails, phone credit, hair or handout. That is my parents responsibility. This is one of the reasons why we have so many master/slave relationships around. Me I dont know again o!

chaircover, you know!
the sole reason naija men behave the way they do is because of what the women make them do. she has a good job but she wants to be spoilt like a naija full housewife. i say amen to that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by EfemenaXY: 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
chaircover: Some of us women like giving out mixed messages. The poster was very quick to talk about her financial prowess, she talked about how comfortable she is, her salary and in the same vein goes on to complain that the guy may not be be able to provide for her because he didnt pick up a 2k hair bill.

You think she wouldn't have made her financial clout crystal clear to the man. He is not a fool and most probably feels that he will be insulting her by paying a petty N2k towards her hair when she earns a whopping God knows what.

Like sisi Kill, I still dont understand the need for men to be financially responsible for their girlfriends. If you want to buy me a gift, then fine but I dont go expecting him to pay for my nails, phone credit, hair or handout. That is my parents responsibility. This is one of the reasons why we have so many master/slave relationships around. Me I dont know again o!

Your head dey their wella my sister.

Thing is, neither do I understand the mentality of wanting, needing, [size=14pt]begging[/size] a man to foot their financial bills? Didn't these same women go to school? Haven't they got any self-worth whatsoever?? Don't they frigging feel UNCOMFORTABLE depending on a man for THEIR own upkeep??

I guess I'm just old fashioned / old school.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by SisiKill1: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
afrobaby: I laugh in yoruba while reading some of the responses here,pls let's b real. Like I always say, I will prefer to av 1000 broken relationships dan A̶̲̥̅̊ single broken marriage,it is really bad. First, I can't marry someone am not sexually attracted to, what, no electric current mere seeing him, haba I no fit, many divorces or extramarital affairs today ar as A̶̲̥̅̊ result of probs in se.x,take it or leave it.
Also,, at 30, yeah I understand,da pressure is dia, I know of A̶̲̥̅̊ lady whose dad told her that if she can't find A̶̲̥̅̊ hubby, maybe he shud talk to one of his friends to marry her, it can b dat bad but come to think of it,no one will live wit Ʊ,Ʊ will b in  marriage alone,so don't rush cos of ur age,pray for urs to come.

Sorry but I couldn't really understand your post but from the little I got, I think you misunderstood me. I never said a man should not spend money on a woman, I am saying don't go around demanding it like it is your right. . .just because you are dating. Why would I make him suddenly responsible for the things I have been doing without him, things I am capable of doing without him? I'm sorry, if I offend some people with this but in my books. . .it is not kosher.

coogar:

i am glad you have seen this......you often wonder why naija men treat their women like crap - this is another evidence! she works, makes good income and yet she still expects the man to buy maxipads and her tylenol. if the man demands the services required from a full housewife, she would flip the script and claim she's a working class woman! what are the odds that this babe is an "ijebu" woman like you soon to join the association of goat investors? lol!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Leave our association alone oh!! cool

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by SisiKill1: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2012

Efemena_xy:

Your head dey their wella my sister.

Thing is, neither do I understand the mentality of wanting, needing, [size=14pt]begging[/size] a man to foot their financial bills? Didn't these same women go to school? Haven't they got any self-worth whatsoever?? Don't they frigging feel UNCOMFORTABLE depending on a man for THEIR own upkeep??

I guess I'm just old fashioned / old school.

God bless you both!!!!!

Whew!! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
coogar:

chaircover, you know!
the sole reason naija men behave the way they do is because of what the women make them do. she has a good job but she wants to be spoilt like a naija full housewife. i say amen to that.

Spoilt like a Naija full housewife? Where?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by EfemenaXY: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2012

The bolded is the most offensive part of your post.

You have a decent, loving guy here struggling to keep afloat, yet you lord your primitive views over him to fend for you no matter what??!!

Since you obviously advocate going it the traditional way, I hope this guy treats you like shyte when he comes into money, gets and marries a younger fresher woman to grace his bed whilst you cook and serve him on your hands and knees, in silence.

Mtcheew.

6 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by coogar: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Spoilt like a Naija full housewife? Where?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

where every of her needs would be met....hair, phone credits, sanitary pads, stella pomade, dudu osun, expenses for soup and yam tubers, etc. isn't that spoiling? grin
this is africa!
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
coogar:

where every of her needs would be met....hair, phone credits, sanitary pads, stella pomade, dudu osun, expenses for soup and yam tubers, etc. isn't that spoiling? grin
this is africa!

Really? You should come see those women here in our church. with all their stella pomade and dudu osun, they look like they need a makeover and they need it fast. Abeg, that is not pampering. That is Africa.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by EfemenaXY: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Really? You should come see those women here in our church. with all their stella pomade and dudu osun, they look like they need a makeover and they need it fast. Abeg, that is not pampering. That is Africa.

grin grin grin na which wan come be dudu osun??

coogar:

this is africa!

Come, Cooger - how you take know every single item detail of their needs? shocked shocked shocked

What aren't you telling us, man?? grin grin grin
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy:

The bolded is the most offensive part of your post.

You have a decent, loving guy here struggling to keep afloat, yet you lord your primitive views over him to fend for you no matter what??!!

Since you obviously advocate going it the traditional way, I hope this guy treats you like shyte when he comes into money, gets and marries a younger fresher woman to grace his bed whilst you cook and serve him on your hands and knees, in silence.

Mtcheew.

I beg to disagree. I don't think it is wrong for a woman to believe that the man should take care of her needs, as long as she is also willing to embrace the shackles that he requires as a result. If I were to marry a woman and she expects me to pay for everything, then I would want her to consider that the relationship will then not be an equal one and if she agrees, great. grin If the two parties agree, why not? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by coogar: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

it's pampering abeg - your standard is just too high for them!

Efemena_xy:
grin grin grin na which wan come be dudu osun??
Come, Cooger - how you take know every single item detail of their needs? shocked shocked shocked

What aren't you telling us, man?? grin grin grin

i see things, hear things, read things grin
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by EfemenaXY: 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I beg to disagree. I don't think it is wrong for a woman to believe that the man should take care of her needs, as long as she is also willing to embrace the shackles that he requires as a result. If I were to marry a woman and she expects me to pay for everything, then I would want her to consider that the relationship will then not be an equal one and if she agrees, great. grin If the two parties agree, why not? lipsrsealed

On the contrary, you're actually agreeing with my post about her attitude.

Basically, anyone who agrees to be treated like what you say (outlined in bold), is in for a shyte relationship. A master-slave relationship.

Pls O! Make una help me out here naw! What does dudu osun mean?? undecided undecided
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy:

On the contrary, you're actually agreeing with my post about her attitude.

Basically, anyone who agrees to be treated like what you say (outlined in bold), is in for a shyte relationship. A master-slave relationship.

Pls O! Make una help me out here naw! What does dudu osun mean?? undecided undecided

You have to admit that there are people out there who are predisposed to such a marriage to begin with. Either from the way they were raised or from them creating fantastical ideas in their minds of what living that sort of life is. I mean I had a class mate who, right after graduating, got married and became a full-time housewife. When I asked her why, she responded that it was her belief that a woman was created to submit to a man, and be under the man.
After hearing that, I knew no amount of education can save some. Once they are indoctrinated, only experience/life can make them change their minds and that is valid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees / Rescued 'Witch Child' Hope Dances Happily In New Video / Nnamdi Ogbogu, Missing Person In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.