Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492767 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2018
bigbus:
POE: JFK Terminal 4.
After self-filled questionnaire at one of those computer kiosks, I was directed to the queue for those with print outs marked with 'X' or 'O'. (I had selected that I was carrying food, as I had a packet of coffee and some sweets.) Then, it was soon my turn with the CBP.

Me: Good morning.
O: Good morning.
O: Are you here for business.
Me: I am only passing through, I am flying out tomorrow.
O: Where is your final destination.
Me: Nigeria.
O: How long are you staying.
Me: One day.
O: You indicated you are carrying foods. (looking like "why"wink
Me: Yes, I have some coffee and candy.
O:.. Stamps me in. (looking like "move on fast, next!"wink
Me: Thank you

I then went to collect my bag and went past the meet/greet area to keep my big bag in the 24 hours luggage storage (just $11 for 24 hours. It saved me need for taxis to and from the airport, and made it easy for me to run around NY for one day & night).

@OgaSeye, Kudos, keep up the good work.
I like the 24 hours luggage storage I will keep that in mind....have fun.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2018
godsfavoritee:
I got into jfk on monday jan 29th ,11.30 pm yankee time via virgin atlantic. A smooth flight, 6 hours to london and a 3 hours layover. Then 8 straight hours to jfk..my passport was inserted into a machine after den i proceeded to the CBP..

Me- good evening
CBP- good evening , can i have your passport
Me hand over to him and he stamped without asking a question and i left to pick up my bags. As i steped out of jfk cold wey slap me bro i tie race enter inside back begin open my bag start dey dress like commando.

grin grin grin same thing happened to me on my first visit.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Empressjcw: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hello house pls i have a question. When i applied for visa i stated dt i wld be staying for 2 weeks but now i have gotten my ticket and it's for 2 months, pls hope it won't be an issue and also i would be going with some food stuffs and some herbs for my uncle that i would be staying with. Pls hope it won't be an issue. And also i stated in my visa processing that my mom would be traveling with me and now she won't be going because of her work. Pls help out.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
Empressjcw:
Hello house pls i have a question. When i applied for visa i stated dt i wld be staying for 2 weeks but now i have gotten my ticket and it's for 2 months, pls hope it won't be an issue and also i would be going with some food stuffs and some herbs for my uncle that i would be staying with. Pls hope it won't be an issue. And also i stated in my visa processing that my mom would be traveling with me and now she won't be going because of her work. Pls help out.

What were you going for for two weeks, and what are you now going for for 2 months, and without your mum?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
seyewest:

I like the 24 hours luggage storage I will keep that in mind....have fun.

cheesy lolz! Saw that, and recorded it deep in me too....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
OmoBendel24:

:Dlolz! Saw that, and recorded it deep in me too....
it will be handy.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Empressjcw: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
OmoBendel24:

What were you going for for two weeks, and what are you now going for for 2 months, and without your mum?
I was just going for vacation when i applied then i thought i would be able to travel then but i wasn't free to and now it's still d same vacation but for 2 months. My mom won't be going again because of her work.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Pesuzok(m): 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
Empressjcw:

I was just going for vacation when i applied then i thought i would be able to travel then but i wasn't free to and now it's still d same vacation but for 2 months. My mom won't be going again because of her work.
No need sugar coating any thing here because there is no cbp here. You are free to take chances with the real cbp officers. During the interview, did you tell the VO you have a job? Certain risk are not worth it. I will advice you stick to your 2 weeks vacay since mumsi is not traveling with you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by styledbybie: 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hi guys!!!! My name is Bidemi i am a fashion Stylist, run a vintage store based in Lagos, i am a bespoke mens tailor, i am an aspiring Chef, Turn Up king, all round gentleman (enough of myself), so i got my B1- B2 visa since October last year but haven't travel since then because of work load, so i decided to attend NEW YORK fashion week, i was a bit scared because of the stuff i was reading here but i decided to keep my cool (not my first time of traveling but first time here in the states)

MY Point of entry was rather too smooth than i could imagine (POE was JFK terminal cool

After the Self Screening Exercise i proceeded to the CBP officer

Me: HI sir

Officer: hello, Welcome to JFK, what brings you here the state

Me: New York fashion week

Officer: but your address shows you are staying in Delaware?

Me: you know New York is expensive, so the plan is to come back to New York during fashion Week proper.

Officer: Ok, what food are you carrying because you ticked you have some food items

Me: Pepper, you know as an african man i like my my spice well enough

Officer: Fair Enough, Stamps my passport (Welcome Again)

mind you my mum had packed some stockfish, herbs and all in my luggage. Currently enjoying my one month off work here in the states, Back to New York this week, then Atlanta next week, then Houston pretty much later.

Oga Seye thank you for all you do....

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lawd23: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
I was given 2 years visa to participate in a competition in USA from 12-18 but the dates of the competition will be clashing with my school exam. So I might not be able to go for the competition. I hope it won't affect me later when I intend to travel to USA by December this year for Xmas I don't want to be sent back at the point of entry USA because by then my motives of getting the visa will be different. How will I be able to defend myself so that I won't be deported at the point of entry. I am 23 years. I need answers please.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
styledbybie:
Hi guys!!!! My name is Bidemi i am a fashion Stylist, run a vintage store based in Lagos, i am a bespoke mens tailor, i am an aspiring Chef, Turn Up king, all round gentleman (enough of myself), so i got my B1- B2 visa since October last

mind you my mum had packed some stockfish, herbs and all in my luggage. Currently enjoying my one month off work here in the states, Back to New York this week, then Atlanta next week, then Houston pretty much later.

Bro nice seeing you here.... Have a great and wonderful holiday.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lawd23:
I was given 2 years visa to participate in a competition in USA from 12-18 but the dates of the competition will be clashing with my school exam. So I might not be able to go for the competition. I hope it won't affect me later when I intend to travel to USA by December this year for Xmas I don't want to be sent back at the point of entry USA because by then my motives of getting the visa will be different. How will I be able to defend myself so that I won't be deported at the point of entry. I am 23 years. I need answers please.
I can't assure you what will happen but you can't just decide to convert a business visa to a visit visa just like that... my advice is for you to check when next another competition will take place even if it's before december because that's what you applied for.
Try to attend another competition.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lawd23: 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
seyewest:

I can assure you but you can't just decide to convert a business visa to a visit visa just like that... my advice is for you to check when next another competition will take place even if it's before december because that's what you applied for.
Try to attend another competition.

I will not qualify for the competition by then because I would have been a graduate before the next competition. So what can I do so I will be able to make use of the 2 years visa because I will like to visit towards the end of the year
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lawd23:

I will not qualify for the competition by then because I would have been a graduate before the next competition. So what can I do so I will be able to make use of the 2 years visa because I will like to visit towards the end of the year
You keep talking about making use of the 2 yrs visa when you should be worried about looking for a conference/training that's similar to the reason they gave you visa in the first and try to travel for the conference before graduation or risk it by going for Holiday in December the ball is in your court and please get back to us so we can learn from your experience.
N.B. The C.B.P officer may not even bother even ask why you're coming now... so it's 50/50 just have a genuine reason.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
styledbybie:

Currently enjoying my one month off work here in the states, Back to New York this week, then Atlanta next week, then Houston pretty much later.
Well done!
Take it easy with the cold o!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by styledbybie: 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
i am trying to, thank you very much!!!!

bigbus:

Well done!
Take it easy with the cold o!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by styledbybie: 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
thank you very much, really appreciate

seyewest:

Bro nice seeing you here.... Have a great and wonderful holiday.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
styledbybie:
Hi guys!!!! My name is Bidemi i am a fashion Stylist, run a vintage store based in Lagos, i am a bespoke mens tailor, i am an aspiring Chef, Turn Up king, all round gentleman (enough of myself), so i got my B1- B2 visa since October last year but haven't travel since then because of work load, so i decided to attend NEW YORK fashion week, i was a bit scared because of the stuff i was reading here but i decided to keep my cool (not my first time of traveling but first time here in the states)

MY Point of entry was rather too smooth than i could imagine (POE was JFK terminal cool

After the Self Screening Exercise i proceeded to the CBP officer

Me: HI sir

Officer: hello, Welcome to JFK, what brings you here the state

Me: New York fashion week

Officer: but your address shows you are staying in Delaware?

Me: you know New York is expensive, so the plan is to come back to New York during fashion Week proper.

Officer: Ok, what food are you carrying because you ticked you have some food items

Me: Pepper, you know as an african man i like my my spice well enough

Officer: Fair Enough, Stamps my passport (Welcome Again)

wow Bidemi I'm a fashion designer too and I smdeal on vintage clothing's. my visa was approved last week Monday and I'll be in the states by March ending. Pennsylvania state. when are you leaving?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by styledbybie: 7:03am On Feb 07, 2018
oh wow!!! i am off 1st week of March, got to get back to work.....you can follow me on instagram @Thestyle_train just send a DM so i will know its you cus there are so many people on my instagram
johnpoko:

wow Bidemi I'm a fashion designer too and I smdeal on vintage clothing's. my visa was approved last week Monday and I'll be in the states by March ending. Pennsylvania state. when are you leaving?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Adesquare1992: 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hi guys,I need your advice and I hope I am in the right place.
I just completed the NYSC programme and fully aware of how things are in Nigeria,I wish to relocate to the US. I am in my mid 20s and single.
How do I go about it? What's your advice for me?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Hi guys,I need your advice and I hope I am in the right place.
I just completed the NYSC programme and fully aware of how things are in Nigeria,I wish to relocate to the US. I am in my mid 20s and single.
How do I go about it? What's your advice for me?
We have no advice for you and as you can see this thread is strictly for people with U.S Visa not intending applicant.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Adesquare1992: 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
Can you kindly direct me to the righ thread
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:40am On Feb 08, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Can you kindly direct me to the righ thread
Google is your friend.... or write a letter to the U.S Embassy.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello guys, I need someone coming to naija dis month to help with a beat by dre headset. Pls help.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
post=64925507:
Hello guys, I need someone coming to naija dis month to help with a beat by dre headset. Pls help.
You know it's easy to courier it instead of looking for someone to do that for you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 1:08am On Feb 12, 2018
seyewest:

You know it's easy to courier it instead of looking for someone to do that for you.
pls do u know of any courier service cheaper than DHL and fedex
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2018
post=64988615:
pls do u know of any courier service cheaper than DHL and fedex
This thread is for people with U.S Visa not for courier service. please let not derail it.
Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by dabol007: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2018
Good day,
I am Mr Adebola Alex, from Abuja. I was issued b1/b2 tourist visa on the month of February 14, 2017. so on my way to usa this year january 10 via turkey. when i got to turkey the immigration officers told me that the american embassy in abuja said i should come and see them for further interview.
i got back to nigeria from turkey only to discover the date i was given i could not meet up due to my sickness and i wrote to them about it and also requesting for another schedule date and till now they have not responded and i have written so many mails to them no response.

I later discovered some kind of restriction has been put on my visa status (Escalated) with case ID (2018-01-30-010282456). And I don't understand what all these means.

Kindly let me know what to do.
Thanks
Stainless Global products limited
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2018
dabol007:
Good day,
I am Mr Adebola Alex, from Abuja. I was issued b1/b2 tourist visa on the month of February 14, 2017. so on my way to usa this year january 10 via turkey. when i got to turkey the immigration officers told me that the american embassy in abuja said i should come and see them for further interview.
i got back to nigeria from turkey only to discover the date i was given i could not meet up due to my sickness and i wrote to them about it and also requesting for another schedule date and till now they have not responded and i have written so many mails to them no response.

I later discovered some kind of restriction has been put on my visa status (Escalated) with case ID (2018-01-30-010282456). And I don't understand what all these means.

Kindly let me know what to do.
Thanks
Stainless Global products limited
This is the wrong thread for this case... try the U.S Embassy thread or the U.S Visit visa thread on Nairaland.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by coldsummer: 6:21am On Feb 17, 2018
Port of Entry - Washington

Date - 16th January

CBP: You are back (smiling)
ME: Yes, sir. (In my mind I say wetin concern you.)
CBP: Are you getting married Here?
ME: (laughed) To...? Naaaaaaah I'm good.

Stamped me and says take it easy.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
coldsummer:
Port of Entry - Washington

Date - 16th January

CBP: You are back (smiling)
ME: Yes, sir. (In my mind I say wetin concern you.)
CBP: Are you getting married Here?
ME: (laughed) To...? Naaaaaaah I'm good.

Stamped me and says take it easy.

lolzzz

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Propertyeighty: 4:13am On Feb 18, 2018
Hello House.
Kudos guy!
Please i was scheduled to attend a proffessional conference in Las Vegas last year November but was unable to go due to an impromptu official assignment to Republic of Benin.
Now im to attend another conference but this time in New York and ive also made the required payment for registration.
I have also booked a hotel in the same locality where the event will be coming up.
Im flying Etihad and my POE is Abu Dhabi.
Your Advice Pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.