Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492751 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
Propertyeighty:
Hello House.
Kudos guy!
Please i was scheduled to attend a proffessional conference in Las Vegas last year November but was unable to go due to an impromptu official assignment to Republic of Benin.
Now im to attend another conference but this time in New York and ive also made the required payment for registration.
I have also booked a hotel in the same locality where the event will be coming up.
Im flying Etihad and my POE is Abu Dhabi.
Your Advice Pls?
What was the reason why you couldn't make the first trip?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Propertyeighty: 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
Was on an official trip to Benin Republic to recruit staff of a defunct similar manufacturing company to ours.
seyewest:

What was the reason why you couldn't make the first trip?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by naijarazzi: 8:05am On Feb 19, 2018
Propertyeighty:
Hello House.
Kudos guy!
Please i was scheduled to attend a proffessional conference in Las Vegas last year November but was unable to go due to an impromptu official assignment to Republic of Benin.
Now im to attend another conference but this time in New York and ive also made the required payment for registration.
I have also booked a hotel in the same locality where the event will be coming up.
Im flying Etihad and my POE is Abu Dhabi.
Your Advice Pls?
bros, u for no book Etihad o. Cbp at Abu Dhabi is abit tough. All d best
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jamesgordon: 9:55am On Feb 19, 2018
Hi House,

What’s the appropriate duration one can return to the states with B1/B2. I was in the states for vacation in January spent 3weeks in ATL and now would like to return in June for a Cloud Computing conference in NY and also want to use the opportunity to do some sightseeing.

Please do you think a gap of 4months is good to return back to the US without any CBP issues.

Regards,
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2018
Propertyeighty:
Was on an official trip to Benin Republic to recruit staff of a defunct similar manufacturing company to ours.
So that should be your reason and if possible have evidence of that trip to Benin Rep with you when leaving for U.S
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2018
post=65187244:
bros, u for no book Etihad o. Cbp at Abu Dhabi is abit tough. All d best

Come on that's a wrong info.... There's really no big deal in traveling with Etihad to US if you have nothing to hide... The deportation rate is not even up to the one that happen in the mainland U.S.
Bro have a safe journey.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2018
jamesgordon:
Hi House,

What’s the appropriate duration one can return to the states with B1/B2. I was in the states for vacation in January spent 3weeks in ATL and now would like to return in June for a Cloud Computing conference in NY and also want to use the opportunity to do some sightseeing.

Please do you think a gap of 4months is good to return back to the US without any CBP issues.

Regards,

I see no big deal in that just have a genuine reason for returning after a few month.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Propertyeighty: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Thanks!
I have the POE stamps on my international passport.
Will that be enough?
seyewest:

So that should be your reason and if possible have evidence of that trip to Benin Rep with you when leaving for U.S
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Propertyeighty:
Thanks!
I have the POE stamps on my international passport.
Will that be enough?
If to Benin Rep that's enough reason.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Tengng10: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
Some Told me he was stamped only 3 weeks to cover his return ticket at the POE any experiences on this. He arrived at his POE on the 10th of February 2018. A

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2018
Tengng10:
Some Told me he was stamped only 3 weeks to cover his return ticket at the POE any experiences on this. He arrived at his POE on the 10th of February 2018. A

It happens, matter of giving the benefit of doubt. Hope (s)he's rounding up already sha? There were doubts, CBP helping the individual to quickly fall Out Of Status just in case he/she refuses to leave on time as suspected by the officer....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by yobro: 1:27am On Feb 21, 2018
Please kindly help.

I was meant to travel for visitation in December 2017 but my Father in Law died and could not move as scheduled but want to travel for 2 weeks now instead of 3 weeks as filled in the application form.

Is this safe and right?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
yobro:
Please kindly help.

I was meant to travel for visitation in December 2017 but my Father in Law died and could not move as scheduled but want to travel for 2 weeks now instead of 3 weeks as filled in the application form.

Is this safe and right?
Go through the thread you will learn a lot from issues like yours.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by daffizo12(m): 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
I came back from the US on the 28 of November 2017, I have stayed 3 months here in Nigeria, i wish to return to the US.... Is it too soon to return back
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
daffizo12:
I came back from the US on the 28 of November 2017, I have stayed 3 months here in Nigeria, i wish to return to the US.... Is it too soon to return back

How long was your duration in U.S and what do you do for a living?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Temilope(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nice job done.. Please I want to ask if I can carry my laptop along and If I can put my dried ogbono,ground pepper and dried egusi in my cloth box? Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Olusheee: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
I will be going to US to attend a conference by March and thinking of booking either Etihad, Qatar, Emirate or Turkish Airline because they seems cheaper. Please can you share your CBP experience in any of the Arab countries where you connected flight to the US?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:38am On Feb 23, 2018
Temilope:
Nice job done.. Please I want to ask if I can carry my laptop along and If I can put my dried ogbono,ground pepper and dried egusi in my cloth box? Thanks.
Yes and yes

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:07am On Feb 23, 2018
Olusheee:
I will be going to US to attend a conference by March and thinking of booking either Etihad, Qatar, Emirate or Turkish Airline because they seems cheaper. Please can you share your CBP experience in any of the Arab countries where you connected flight to the US?
Go through this thread... You will learn a lot.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by daffizo12(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
seyewest:

How long was your duration in U.S and what do you do for a living?

I am a medical doctor here in Nigeria,I was stamp in for 6 months but I stayed 3/months
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by richybou: 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
[Nothing wrong returning after four months. I did that July last year, after spending 22 days in California in March. i returned back July. Point of entry was stressfree. uote author=jamesgordon post=65189837]Hi House,

Regards, [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
daffizo12:

I am a medical doctor here in Nigeria,I was stamp in for 6 months but I stayed 3/months
Are you on leave for 3 months? I'm not understanding and why return so soon... doesn't this look somehow to you? I know for sure a lot of doctors are busy.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by daffizo12(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
I attended a conference last year August 30 to sept 3rd but I stayed 3 months in America, I came back November, I will like to return to the united states by march,what do you think I should tell them at CBT what's my plan of visiting the united states?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
daffizo12:
I attended a conference last year August 30 to sept 3rd but I stayed 3 months in America, I came back November, I will like to return to the united states by march,what do you think I should tell them at CBT what's my plan of visiting the united states?

Why should anyone tell you what to say.
No be you wan visit US?

8 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Konquest: 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
seyewest:
My POE experience was at JFK Airport January 2016.

I came in through Emirates and the landing was a bit rough was on queue for like 20 mins before they took an arab guy in front of me for secondary questioning. I was called and this was the following conversation/interview.

CBP: Good evening can I have your passport?
Me: Good evening (While giving him my Naija passport)
CBP: Why did you come to U.S
Me: I came for a Conference in Atlanta
CBP: Oh okay .. Did you come with anything you will like to declare?
Me: No I came with just one hand luggage.
CBP: Did you come alone?
Me: No I came with 2 of my colleague
CBP: I see, I will be stamping your passport for entry into the United States Of America.
Me: Thank you

That was all.. I submitted my I-90 paper and stepped into the arrival hall of JFK Airport into the freezing night. grin
^^^^^
^^^^^
Great thread... 56 pages already! smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 12:21am On Feb 24, 2018
post=65324641:
Are US CBP officers in dubai airport for for passengers travelling to US thru Emirates

No.... They rather are at Abu Dhabi waiting when you fly Etihad, nothing much though if you are legit.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Temilope(m): 7:47am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning house, please can I put woman's attachment and food stuff with my cloth in the box.Hope no problem at the port of entry. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
daffizo12:

I don't know how long you planned to stay on your ds160 form but it's up to you to convince them you will return to your country in time.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Temilope:
Good morning house, please can I put woman's attachment and food stuff with my cloth in the box.Hope no problem at the port of entry. Thanks.
I think you're good to go... do more research to know what to carry or not.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Temilope(m): 5:34am On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.