Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492820 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 3:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
So, I have been looking forward to share my POE experience even before getting my visa. Thank God it was approved yesterday and hope to share it soon. Cheap flight deals needed pls... for March ending, LOS to IAH.. is there any other place I can check apart from travelstart?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayodeji2017: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
ayenikunle:
So, I have been looking forward to share my POE experience even before getting my visa. Thank God it was approved yesterday and hope to share it soon. Cheap flight deals needed pls... for March ending, LOS to IAH.. is there any other place I can check apart from travelstart?
Check www.bravofly.com. it compares flight fares across airlines. Also, it highlights flight days with the cheapest fares across airlines.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Oluiyke1984:
Hi Ij, am in San Diego came in with F1 visa through DC. Ethiopian airline is not bad and the POE in DC very okay and welcoming. I won't advise u to do LA oooo, coz I know a lady that was turned back dats not our portion. The lady was turned back bcoz of her WhatsApp chat with the hubby, told the hubby she's not coming back to Nigeria they went through her Fon which they don't have right to. Make sure you clear all your chat where u mentioned anything about traveling or something just in case.
Quick one, incase you see crowd in the queue which I doubt call any of the security person say you are a student on F1, you won't need to queue that was what I did. Congrats.

Good advice... thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
ayenikunle:

Try wakanow

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beautyaddy: 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
Oluiyke1984:
Hi Ij, am in San Diego came in with F1 visa through DC. Ethiopian airline is not bad and the POE in DC very okay and welcoming. I won't advise u to do LA oooo, coz I know a lady that was turned back dats not our portion. The lady was turned back bcoz of her WhatsApp chat with the hubby, told the hubby she's not coming back to Nigeria they went through her Fon which they don't have right to. Make sure you clear all your chat where u mentioned anything about traveling or something just in case.
Quick one, incase you see crowd in the queue which I doubt call any of the security person say you are a student on F1, you won't need to queue that was what I did. Congrats.

That's not true!

The US CBP officers unfortunately have that rights to search people's phone especially the visitors passing through an international port of entry into their country.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Beautyaddy:

That's not true!

The US CBP officers unfortunately have that rights to search people's phone especially the visitors passing through an international port of entry into their country.

About searching of phone content, you're right... they have right to check your phones.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by peacevilla: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by peacevilla: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Keniz2:
Landed JFK yesterday 28 Feb 11am New York time, BA from Nig-London-jfk

Short line with 2 CPB

ME- Good Morning Sir/Ma
CPB- Good Morning, passport pls (Took my Prints)
CPB- You here for business or pleasure
ME- pleasure
CPB- ok days good you have anyone here
Me- No
CPB- How long u staying?
Me- just 11days
CPB- Stamps my passport and hands me visa (Put didn't specify how long I'm to stay. Enjoying new York Cold jor 4°C

Thanks guys just be bold n confident

Great. I guess you fly with Virgin atlantic, pls how was your experience with the flight?

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yes, they absolutely have the rights to go through the phone.

Beautyaddy:

That's not true!

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Divabiola: 12:45am On Mar 09, 2018
Does the cbp officer check return ticket and length between arrival and proposed departure date?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 1:59am On Mar 09, 2018
Divabiola:
Does the cbp officer check return ticket and length between arrival and proposed departure date?

Almost mandatory for them to do so. No need daring them on this....

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:52am On Mar 09, 2018
Divabiola:
They have to do that before granting you access into their country.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2018
Anyone know anything about Turkish/Emirate airline? Which one is better?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
ayenikunle:
Anyone know anything about Turkish/Emirate airline? Which one is better?
Both are okay... do your research.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
seyewest:

Both are okay... do your research.

Yea, am not sure is wrong for my research to start from here... just comparing cos I got good deals for both.. thanks for the update...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
ayenikunle:

Yea, am not sure is wrong for my research to start from here... just comparing cos I got good deals for both.. thanks for the update...

How much? maybe we should look at the pros and cons...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
seyewest:

#TeamEmiratesOverTurkish

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

#TeamEmiratesOverTurkish
Yes oooo now that Emirates is back in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 8:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
seyewest:

Yes oooo now that Emirates is back in Abuja.
EOD!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
post=65701154:
Emirates is better hands down abeg. Turkish airlines’ plane from Nigeria to turkey are not too nice. I I’ve tried d two. Better airplane, technology, the dubai terminal is nice (esp the lounge), and atleast Emirates is one of d few airlines dat features latest nollywood movies

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 8:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

#TeamEmiratesOverTurkish
wink
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
seyewest:

Turkish _379, Emirates_370... seems to be the cheapest flights so far
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
ayenikunle:

Turkish _379, Emirates_370... seems to be the cheapest flights so far

If you search well you will see Emirates 355k but long layover.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 5:48am On Mar 10, 2018
seyewest:

If you search well you will see Emirates 355k but long layover.

Ok, thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by cutiep: 6:44am On Mar 10, 2018
I saw a deal of N357 via wakanow for Emirates. Maybe you can check it out.
ayenikunle:
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2018
cutiep:
Nice
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
cutiep:

Los to Iah? Thanks.. make I check sharply...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

Los to Iah? Thanks.. make I check sharply...

You can't get IAH for that amount.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 5:17am On Mar 11, 2018
seyewest:

You can't get IAH for that amount.

Yea, thought as much... but I saw emirates for 364k yesterday... thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

Yea, thought as much... but I saw emirates for 364k yesterday... thanks
if for that amount please grab it don't let it go.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 4:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
seyewest:

if for that amount please grab it don't let it go.

Ok bro, thanks so much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.