Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (495640 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by soleexx(m): 10:32am On Apr 12, 2018
Neljiggy:

No you will no be queried at the POE just be ready to answer some question and know the address of the exact place you are going to. SHALOM

Thanks buddy...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:46am On Apr 12, 2018
soleexx:
I need quick response pls...in ma visa documents...its state I'm traveling to Florida...can I get ticket going to newyork instead...will dey query me at POE?

You may be questioned and I hope you have your onward domestic ticket to Florida.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
seyewest:

You may be questioned and I hope you have your onward domestic ticket to Florida.

That reminded me of a guy who told the POE officers in New York that he was going to Hawai.
And when they asked him how he was planning to travel from New York to Hawai, the guy said by bus.
And he was denied entry and was put into the next flight home.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
TheCongo2:

That reminded me of a guy who told the POE officers in New York that he was going to Hawai.
And when they asked him how he was planning to travel from New York to Hawai, the guy said by bus.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin by Bus noni....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 11:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
TheCongo2:

Lolz! Going to "America outside America" and you want to use bus? Kai, village people got that dude ni! A little research would have helped. And US is quite massive, you wouldn't really know if you aren't told or conversant with this, till you begin to do 3, 4, 4 and half hours on direct flight within the US, eyes go begin "suffry" clear you by then cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by orimahspence: 12:13am On Apr 13, 2018
TheCongo2:

Bus to where Journey not less than 8hrs even by air����
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by DanielPop(m): 5:21am On Apr 13, 2018
POE: Hello, passports please (my wife and i)

Me: Hi (hand passports over)

POE: From Nigeria?

Me: Yes. Excuse me but you are practically glowing and that's a brilliant ring you are wearing!

POE: *blushes* Thank you, I'm getting married in two weeks.

Me: aww congratulations in advance..

POE: Thanks a lot.. First time in America?

Me: absolutely not..another holiday with madam if you ask me..

POE: (stamps passports) enjoy your honeymoon!

Me: shocked (honeymoon??..anyway) Thanks and best wishes to your husband..

POE *blushes* Thank you. Next!

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
DanielPop:
POE: Hello, passports please (my wife and i)

Me: Hi (hand passports over)

POE: From Nigeria?

Me: Yes. Excuse me but you are practically glowing and that's a brilliant ring you are wearing!

POE: *blushes* Thank you, I'm getting married in two weeks.

Me: aww congratulations in advance..

POE: Thanks a lot.. First time in America?

Me: absolutely not..another holiday with madam if you ask me..

POE: (stamps passports) enjoy your honeymoon!

Me: shocked (honeymoon??..anyway) Thanks and best wishes to your husband..

POE *blushes* Thank you. Next!

Nice..
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
folmus:

abeg, this bros dey tell us lie. How many wallets do you have? You said you made mistakes dropping all your things including wallets. undecided undecided
Common man is a crime to have 2 wallets SIGH
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by winterstorm: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
Neljiggy:

Common man is a crime to have 2 wallets SIGH

shocked One is enough trouble bro, why two? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by spartacus11(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
winterstorm:

shocked One is enough trouble bro, why two? lipsrsealed

Lol
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Chuchunana: 12:28am On Apr 14, 2018
Bolaji8552:
Bolaji8552 :
Hello roomies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.
Pls who has the idea of questions they might ask us at the point of entry and will they ask of my parents.
Yes they over stayed @ TheCongo 2

You and your sister will be deported for sure...I can bet my last kobo on that.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by classyfabrics: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2018
seyewest:

Grab that flight... you can always watch movies during the layover.

I ended up booking with British Airways with a 7hours layover in London. I hope I won't be needing a transit visa? though I asked the wakanow agent and I was told I don't need one, I also checked online and it seems it is not required but I just want to be sure from those who have recently flown through the route.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by gbenga4sure(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2018
Seyewest: I appreciate all the work and enlightenment done on the thread: My question is if am given a 2 year Visa; and seeing all the comments made here......How do I get to maximize my stay since am going for green pasture and does the time given at the POE count i. e if nah 6months, must I come out before the 6 month and can I enter again......
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2018
gbenga4sure:
Seyewest: I appreciate all the work and enlightenment done on the thread: My question is if am given a 2 year Visa; and seeing all the comments made here......How do I get to maximize my stay since am going for green pasture and does the time given at the POE count i. e if nah 6months, must I come out before the 6 month and can I enter again......

Wrong thread! Will only tell you for free that whatever makes you do 181 days in the US means you are having issues with the authorities already. In fact, despite the 6months stamp in you get, it may be of disadvantage to do beyond the number of days you told the CBP officer in the first place before being allowed into the US. Of greater disadvantage is doing between say 3 to less than 6months despite telling them you were only there for only 2-3weeks at the POE. You may pay dearly for it once you step out of the US.

Advise yourself from there, I prefer to go silent on what's left to say to do....

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
gbenga4sure:

If you are having this kind of 'mind' before being given a visa, it will be difficult scaling that visa interview... And yes, what you put up there might get you summarily banned from the US for life. You can only legally seek greener pastures on a 'green card' visa and some other categories like work visa etc, not on a visit visa...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
classyfabrics:

I ended up booking with British Airways with a 7hours layover in London. I hope I won't be needing a transit visa? though I asked the wakanow agent and I was told I don't need one, I also checked online and it seems it is not required but I just want to be sure from those who have recently flown through the route.

Relax and enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
gbenga4sure:

Although this is the wrong thread to ask this question but my advise is that what you're about to do is illegal and please please don't try it.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Electroweb(m): 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
Neljiggy:
My POE experience goes thus royal air maroc wasn't bad after all i will give them an 8 star ranking. I had 3hours stopover at casblanca morocco the plane was full to the brim everytime I think Nigerian and Americans really like the airline to cut the long story short after an 8 hours flight over the Atlantic we arrived new York around 7pm we had to que but later the cops told me to go to another que I was interviewed by this cute African American girl she was nice and polite but she questioned why I had not paid for my hotel she asked why i did the booking only so I was told to go. So after getting my luggage I was told by another woman she asked to see my passport so I removed it from my jacket and gave her immidately so she told to go and I was stopped again by another cop who checked the same document after leaving there I decided to put my wallet, passports, my wallet, my ATM passport, drivers license and other valuables in my hand luggage that was my biggest mistake, i left the airport after taking my first two step I was stopped by this huge guy who told me to stop and follow him becauseI thought he was another cop so I was followed him to his escalade he was actually a cab man so he told me he was ready to take me anywhere at first I was nervous because I thought to my I don't even know you but later i summoned courage and followed him after like five minutes drive we got to the car barrier so he told me to give him money I told him my wallet was in his trunk so I gave him 100$ and he paid 35$ and he gave me the change. He said I should pay him 350$ I thought he said 35$, he was adamant about the amount of money. So later he started saying the money was not his, later he started threatening me that he will call the police he said I should give him 100$ first I gave him then later he told me too add 250$ I didn't not answer him so I told to drop me off which he did immidately little did I know the newyork train station was opposite JFK airport I asked for direction so I went inside because this is my first time in new York i missed my way i walked aimlessly for about 2hours finally I got into the train and after like 7mins I got to new jersey train station and I asked a black dude where I could get a sim card because my stupid Airtel sim that I roamed wasn't working my luggage was already spoilt becsuse i was walking aimlessly everywhere so begged a cop to help me kerp my bag I also told a black dude to help me watch it i was gone for about five minutes when I came back my hand luggage was gone. The luggage contained the my wallet, my passports., 2 phones and other valuables so I reported the matter to the cops they told me they will check the security camera. I just got back from there right now they said the police report will he ready on Friday. Model of my long story is American cops don't like black at all so be careful with your belongings. Sorry about the typo. SHALOM

Life is full of experiences. Atleast, haven gone through this, you most likely will not fall for it again. Meanwhile thumbs up for sharing your experience. An advise for others is to always read sign board. The airport is full of it. Just by reading the sign board your need to ask questions reduces drastically. Note that outside the airport, there are private taxi cabs that want you to patronize them, just like our local airports here in Nigeria. They can only beckon on you. They will not touch you. The best is to take taxi from the airport to your destination if your bouyant enough and dont want stress of hopping the train. If you follow the Ground Transport signboards it will take you to where the airport taxis are parked.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by gbenga4sure(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Wrong thread! Will only tell you for free that whatever makes you do 181 days in the US means you are having issues with the authorities already. In fact, despite the 6months stamp in you get, it may be of disadvantage to do beyond the number of days you told the CBP officer in the first place before being allowed into the US. Of greater disadvantage is doing between say 3 to less than 6months despite telling them you were only there for only 2-3weeks at the POE. You may pay dearly for it once you step out of the US.

Advise yourself from there, I prefer to go silent on what's left to say to do....

Thanks Bro, I appreciate you taking time to talk on this...... GOD Bless Bro.
How does one apply for work visa
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by gbenga4sure(m): 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
ayenikunle:

If you are having this kind of 'mind' before being given a visa, it will be difficult scaling that visa interview... And yes, what you put up there might get you summarily banned from the US for life. You can only legally seek greener pastures on a 'green card' visa and some other categories like work visa etc, not on a visit visa...

Thanks for the enlightenment Bro..... How does one apply for work visa and the etc
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by gbenga4sure(m): 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
seyewest:

Although this is the wrong thread to ask this question but my advise is that what you're about to do is illegal and please please don't try it.

Thanks Bro, I appreciate just needed to know how people do it and get to have work permit despite going on visiting
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
Osama10:
Landed JFK Terminal 1 yesterday 11:30pm Naija time.

Walked straight on to the machine for passport scan & printed out the slips.

In the next 10mins was in front of the Cbd officer.

Cbd:Passports Please.
Me: Passed them to him.
Cbd:How long are you staying?
Me:15days.
Cbd:Where are you staying?
Me:Mentioned the hotel.
Cbd:Stamps all 4 passports for 6months.
Me:Picked them & said Cheers.

Went to pickup my baggage & straight up into town.

Pls house how does this passport scan work?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
folmus:

abeg, this bros dey tell us lie. How many wallets do you have? You said you made mistakes dropping all your things including wallets. undecided undecided

My thoughts exactly!!! Now I am not saying its not possible but below are my observations;
1) apart from the 2 wallets stated, my experience shows taxi guys stay outside the airport. Like at the entry and exit area, so how can a man just say follow me?? You come follow? Is it otumokpo?
2) they announce even in Nigeria airport do not leave your stuffs unattended! Okay let's assume you never heard the announcement, but who did you tell to watch your bag?

I don't care what other people say. I feel you either are a VO trying to tempt humble Nigerians or you want to advertise illegally.

Now who is the person that said you should drop your details? Will you give him new passport abi na money? Biko just tell him to private chat or what is it called here??

@seyewest,

My trip to Texas, those immigration officers knows 200% about Nairaland and different groups. They even asked me if I was in the pregnancy group and what my nickname was!!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by hammed71(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

My thoughts exactly!!! Now I am not saying its not possible but below are my observations;
1) apart from the 2 wallets stated, my experience shows taxi guys stay outside the airport. Like at the entry and exit area, so how can a man just say follow me?? You come follow? Is it otumokpo?
2) they announce even in Nigeria airport do not leave your stuffs unattended! Okay let's assume you never heard the announcement, but who did you tell to watch your bag?

I don't care what other people say. I feel you either are a VO trying to tempt humble Nigerians or you want to advertise illegally.

Now who is the person that said you should drop your details? Will you give him new passport abi na money? Biko just tell him to private chat or what is it called here??

@seyewest,

My trip to Texas, those immigration officers knows 200% about Nairaland and different groups. They even asked me if I was in the pregnancy group and what my nickname was!!

are you serious?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
gbenga4sure:

Thanks Bro, I appreciate you taking time to talk on this...... GOD Bless Bro.
How does one apply for work visa
Please stop derailing this thread. This is the wrong thread for that question... Write the U.S Embassy Nigeria and ask them.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

Are you serious? grin grin grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tranxo(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
I'm not surprised
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2018
seyewest:

Are you serious? grin grin grin

What the guy said is very correct oh, especially that birthing thread! CBP officers are even believed to be part of participants there, they know the in and out of that thread, particularly at IAH and now DFW too....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ozymes: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
Once you have the almighty US Visa you donot need a transit visa in LHR
classyfabrics:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 5:10am On Apr 16, 2018
kiss
OmoBendel24:

What the guy said is very correct oh, especially that birthing thread! CBP officers are even believed to be part of participants there, they know the in and out of that thread, particularly at IAH and now DFW too....

Abeg I am a lady..lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.