Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (495653 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Neljiggy:
My POE experience goes thus royal air maroc wasn't bad after all i will give them an 8 star ranking. I had 3hours stopover at casblanca morocco the plane was full to the brim everytime I think Nigerian and Americans really like the airline to cut the long story short after an 8 hours flight over the Atlantic we arrived new York around 7pm we had to que but later the cops told me to go to another que I was interviewed by this cute African American girl she was nice and polite but she questioned why I had not paid for my hotel she asked why i did the booking only so I was told to go. So after getting my luggage I was told by another woman she asked to see my passport so I removed it from my jacket and gave her immidately so she told to go and I was stopped again by another cop who checked the same document after leaving there I decided to put my wallet, passports, my wallet, my ATM passport, drivers license and other valuables in my hand luggage that was my biggest mistake, i left the airport after taking my first two step I was stopped by this huge guy who told me to stop and follow him becauseI thought he was another cop so I was followed him to his escalade he was actually a cab man so he told me he was ready to take me anywhere at first I was nervous because I thought to my I don't even know you but later i summoned courage and followed him after like five minutes drive we got to the car barrier so he told me to give him money I told him my wallet was in his trunk so I gave him 100$ and he paid 35$ and he gave me the change. He said I should pay him 350$ I thought he said 35$, he was adamant about the amount of money. So later he started saying the money was not his, later he started threatening me that he will call the police he said I should give him 100$ first I gave him then later he told me too add 250$ I didn't not answer him so I told to drop me off which he did immidately little did I know the newyork train station was opposite JFK airport I asked for direction so I went inside because this is my first time in new York i missed my way i walked aimlessly for about 2hours finally I got into the train and after like 7mins I got to new jersey train station and I asked a black dude where I could get a sim card because my stupid Airtel sim that I roamed wasn't working my luggage was already spoilt becsuse i was walking aimlessly everywhere so begged a cop to help me kerp my bag I also told a black dude to help me watch it i was gone for about five minutes when I came back my hand luggage was gone. The luggage contained the my wallet, my passports., 2 phones and other valuables so I reported the matter to the cops they told me they will check the security camera. I just got back from there right now they said the police report will he ready on Friday. Model of my long story is American cops don't like black at all so be careful with your belongings. Sorry about the typo. SHALOM

Bro, I don't know if this is true or not. You sound very naive for someone who had been on an international flight.
Do you mean you end up in New York with no money, no identification on you?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bolaji8552: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello roomies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.
Pls who has the idea of questions they might ask us at the point of entry and will they ask of my parents.
Is your parent back in the country? if not why did they overstay? are you planning to move to U.S?

yes we are planning to move to U.S
My parents are still in U.S @bro seyewest
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolaji8552:
Hello ro
omies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.
Pls who has the idea of questions they might ask us at the point of entry and will they ask of my parents.
Is your parent back in the country? if not why did they overstay? are you planning to move to U.S?

Is your visa B1/B2?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bolaji8552: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello ro
omies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.

yes it's b1/b2@bro seyewest
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolaji8552:
Hello roomies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.

The bolded answers it all. Your family have abused the term of your VISA, expect anything!

If your visa is b1/b2 then it must have expired by now.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolaji8552:
Hello ro

yes it's b1/b2@bro seyewest
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD WE CAN NOT ASSIST YOU.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 12:06am On Apr 11, 2018
Orishirishi! Strange strange tins naim just dey sup for these threads today.... Hope we are safe sha?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 12:09am On Apr 11, 2018
seyewest:

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD WE CAN NOT ASSIST YOU.

lol... seyewest the bad boy ... lol
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 5:31am On Apr 11, 2018
grin cheesy me wey be novice sef don dey laugh since morning, the visit thread is another thing too
OmoBendel24:
Orishirishi! Strange strange tins naim just dey sup for these threads today.... Hope we are safe sha?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ess: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

The bolded answers it all. Your family have abused the term of your VISA, expect anything!

If your visa is b1/b2 then it must have expired by now.

Yeah but truly is his visa still active that he wants to use it?
His parents have taken the exit without their kids grin

Bolaji you might face trouble when entering or seeking a visa to the US!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by casid: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2018
I am a student traveling soon for Florida. My contact is currently assisting me in search for an apartment but I am not fine with the fact that he only suggested Craigslist. Please is there any other website I can use or anyone with information on how I can get an apartment.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
casid:
I am a student traveling soon for Florida. My contact is currently assisting me in search for an apartment but I am not fine with the fact that he only suggested Craigslist. Please is there any other website I can use or anyone with information on how I can get an apartment.

And what is wrong with Craigslist?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I tire ooooo why are we like this?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
Loool no comment thank God I was able keep some money, I had about one thousand in my wallet
TheCongo2:

Bro, I don't know if this is true or not. You sound very naive for someone who had been on an international flight.
Do you mean you end up in New York with no money, no identification on you?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
casid:

Use booking.com or airbnb if you're not okay with craiglist.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by alexandramylee: 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hello, I'm a newbie here. I have a B1/B2 visa that was just renewed recently for the second time. The first was issued sometime in 2014 but wasn't used and I renewed it in 2016 because I planned to travel. However I couldn't use it because of office policy (asper no vacation/leave double promotion). So now I intend to use it for child birth. What kind of questions should I expect at the POE. Note: It's my first time of travelling to the U.S.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
I shareded my story here can learn from nasty experiences I shared the story here have a nice one
eleven:

I am sorry about your experience and thank you for sharing it here. It’s a lesson for us all. No one is perfect, anyone can be vulnerable at any time depending on your state of mind and events before or after. I am sure a lot of us reading this will benefit from your sad experience. I wish you success and strength in recovering your stolen items. Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by folmus: 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
Neljiggy:
Loool no comment thank God I was able keep some money, I had about one thousand in my wallet

abeg, this bros dey tell us lie. How many wallets do you have? You said you made mistakes dropping all your things including wallets. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by folmus: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
alexandramylee:
Hello, I'm a newbie here. I have a B1/B2 visa that was just renewed recently for the second time. The first was issued sometime in 2014 but wasn't used and I renewed it in 2016 because I planned to travel. However I couldn't use it because of office policy (asper no vacation/leave double promotion). So now I intend to use it for child birth. What kind of questions should I expect at the POE. Note: It's my first time of travelling to the U.S.

I hope you know what you want to do? Was the visa given for Child birth ? I know someone who was turned back at the POE. Be careful. cool cool

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by spartacus11(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
folmus:

abeg, this bros dey tell us lie. How many wallets do you have? You said you made mistakes dropping all your things including wallets. undecided undecided

U mean to say people don't experience such in US? Items not stolen abi? So if we google am now we nor go see any negative experience people hav gone through in US abi

Nairaland na wa for una.......

So if dey stole his wallet it totally means he don't hav a single dime on him abi? Some times make una use una sense no insult intended

He shared his experience, take it as dat and move on

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
Neljiggy:

Just be strong everything will be sorted soon.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
alexandramylee:

You will be deported @ the POE.

It's better you apply for a new visa, stating your present intention.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by folmus: 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
spartacus11:

U mean to say people don't experience such in US? Items not stolen abi? So if we google am now we nor go see any negative experience people hav gone through in US abi

So if dey stole his wallet it totally means he don't hav a single dime on him abi? Some times make una use una sense no insult intended

Read the part below and make use of dimwit sense, no insult intended. He said he still had 1k in his wallet and I asked which wallet? Does that mean the experience can't happen?

So after getting my luggage I was told by another woman she asked to see my passport so I removed it from my jacket and gave her immidately so she told to go and I was stopped again by another cop who checked the same document after leaving there I decided to put my wallet, passports, my wallet, my ATM passport, drivers license and other valuables in my hand luggage that was my biggest mistake,

finally I got into the train and after like 7mins I got to new jersey train station and I asked a black dude where I could get a sim card because my stupid Airtel sim that I roamed wasn't working my luggage was already spoilt becsuse i was walking aimlessly everywhere so begged a cop to help me kerp my bag I also told a black dude to help me watch it i was gone for about five minutes when I came back my hand luggage was gone. The luggage contained the my wallet, my passports., 2 phones and other valuables

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
spartacus11:

sorry wrong post

Come on how can you say that what does he have to gain by lying here.... Bro take am easy even though he's lying at least someone will learn from the story.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by keni: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
seyewest:

Come on how can you say that what does he have to gain by lying here.... Bro take am easy even though he's lying at least someone will learn from the story.

You quoted the wrong post grin grin

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
keni:

You quoted the wrong post grin grin
Chai na true oooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
seyewest:
sorry wrong post

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
seyewest:
sorry wrong post

Why in Gods name will I gain from lying about a missing luggage, that is why some people don't like posting on this forum, the pictures im trying to upload are not uploading easily the police report number is with me I have the police report number and the police report itself will be ready on Friday and I will surely post it. SHALOM
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2018
Neljiggy:

Why in Gods name will I gain from lying about a missing luggage, that is why some people don't like posting on this forum, the pictures im trying to upload are not uploading easily the police report number is with me I have the police report number and the police report itself will be ready on Friday and I will surely post it. SHALOM

Your story is quite touching, as funny as it may seem, i have learnt a lot from it. God help you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
Neljiggy:

No worry jare.... just be positive.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by soleexx(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
I need quick response pls...in ma visa documents...its state I'm traveling to Florida...can I get ticket going to newyork instead...will dey query me at POE?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 4:35am On Apr 12, 2018
soleexx:
I need quick response pls...in ma visa documents...its state I'm traveling to Florida...can I get ticket going to newyork instead...will dey query me at POE?
No you will not be queried at the POE just be ready to answer some question and know the address of the exact place you are going to. SHALOM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.