Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (495659 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2018
ijeomaobi1:
kiss

Abeg I am a lady..lolz

Oh, sorry dear, should have seen that.... Greetings
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 8:52am On Apr 16, 2018
post=66743462:
hell no. If d long layover is overnite. U need a transit visa o. Confirm from ur bookin. Agent o

Transit visa for what purpose? I'm actually asking because of the somewhat exactitude of the "hell no" in your above post.... OP doesn't need a transit visa to transit through the UK using same airport. If not that transit time is 7hrs and isn't long enough, I would even have suggested OP went into town as that Almighty US visa likely will open the UK POE for OP to do no more than two consecutive 12ams (less that 48hrs) in the UK if entry is granted. Prerequisite for doing this is in one of my previous posts here.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by classyfabrics: 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Transit visa for what purpose? I'm actually asking because of the somewhat exactitude of the "hell no" in your above post.... OP doesn't need a transit visa to transit through the UK using same airport. If not that transit time is 7hrs and isn't long enough, I would even have suggested OP went into town as that Almighty US visa likely will open the UK POE for OP to do no more than two consecutive 12ams (less that 48hrs) in the UK if entry is granted. Prerequisite for doing this is in one of my previous posts here.
Oh okay, thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by classyfabrics: 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
ozymes:
Once you have the almighty US Visa you donot need a transit visa in LHR

Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by casid: 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2018
Is someone allowed to board the plane with her laptop in hand luggage for USA flight? I know there was this time laptops were ban.
Thanks all.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:00am On Apr 17, 2018
casid:
Is someone allowed to board the plane with her laptop in hand luggage for USA flight? I know there was this time laptops were ban.
Thanks all.

Yes

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 3:59am On Apr 17, 2018
Hi all, @seyewest
My case is a bit complicated. The father of my kids ( u will understand y i refuse to call him husband)n i Got our first us visa in april 2014 n found out i was pregnant afterwards. Since i did not want to violate the terms of my visa ( visit n not for baby) i stayed in naija to v my baby. I also could not travel cos where i work u dont get an annual leave in d same year u get maternity leave ( u can only v one). I had my baby in september of 2014 n realised i was pregnant again in january 2015. Again i cld not travel dat year cos same situation of annual n maternity leave arose. In addition to dat, i got a double promotion at work n it did not look wise to take a vacation when i had just been promoted. Had my baby in oct 2015. To cut d long story short, dat visa expired n it was not used. I n d father of my kids applied for another visa in dec 2016 n it was granted. The father of my kids travelled early 2017 with d understanding dat he will return after a month. After two months, he stopped communicating with i n d kids n all efforts to reach him prove abortive. I know he s alive n well in d US cos his sisters tell me so. I v put dat aspect of my life behind me n need to be strong for my kids. I want to be able to give dem the best.
My questions are two- 1) i applied for and got visas for my kids in april 2017. I want to travel to the USA with them on vacation for 22 days. I hope their father's defection will not affect our chances of entering the USA?
2) My visa expires early december 2018 n i plan to travel in september 2018 as dat is when i have my annual leave. Is it to close to my visa expiry date? Thanks in advance n no pity party pls ( as regards d father of my kids) life happens n dis i v taken in good faith. I m happy n my kids are

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
pizzler:
Hi all, @seyewest
My case is a bit complicated. The father of my kids ( u will understand y i refuse to call him husband)n i Got our first us visa in april 2014 n found

1. Since you applied for your children after your husband left and got the visas, did any question about your husband come up during the interview?

2. I don't think you should have issues, but as a 1st time traveller with two kids and your ex in the US, be ready to defend any question...

This is an opinion before gurus come

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
pizzler:
Hi all, @seyewest
My case is a bit complicated. The father of my kids ( u will understand y i refuse to call him husband)n i Got our first us visa in april 2014 n found out i was pregnant afterwards. Since i did not want to violate the terms of my visa ( visit n not for baby) i stayed in naija to v my baby. I also could not travel cos where i work u dont get an annual leave in d same year u get maternity leave ( u can only v one). I had my baby in september of 2014 n realised i was pregnant again in january 2015. Again i cld not travel dat year cos same situation of annual n maternity leave arose. In addition to dat, i got a double promotion at work n it did not look wise to take a vacation when i had just been promoted. Had my baby in oct 2015. To cut d long story short, dat visa expired n it was not used. I n d father of my kids applied for another visa in dec 2016 n it was granted. The father of my kids travelled early 2017 with d understanding dat he will return after a month. After two months, he stopped communicating with i n d kids n all efforts to reach him prove abortive. I know he s alive n well in d US cos his sisters tell me so. I v put dat aspect of my life behind me n need to be strong for my kids. I want to be able to give dem the best.
My questions are two- 1) i applied for and got visas for my kids in april 2017. I want to travel to the USA with them on vacation for 22 days. I hope their father's defection will not affect our chances of entering the USA?
2) My visa expires early december 2018 n i plan to travel in september 2018 as dat is when i have my annual leave. Is it to close to my visa expiry date? Thanks in advance n no pity party pls ( as regards d father of my kids) life happens n dis i v taken in good faith. I m happy n my kids are

First of all... Let us thank God that you're capable of looking after the kids and even have the capacity to take them on vacation.. but I have a few question to ask before answering your question which is...
i) When you applied for the children and they asked where is the father presently what did you write/choose.... (This will determine if this is real or not because it's very easy for you to decide stay back with the kids even with the father knowledge.. I'm sorry and apologize if this is not the case)
ii) In the form who did you say wwill be traveling with the kids, is it you and the father or you alone?
and to answer your question and this is from my experience and opinion I don't think the CBP will asked about the dad and if they do it will not because he defected.
2) You have 3 months before the expiration of your visa I don't see any issue with that especially if you have good travel history.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for your response. I v had to refer to my records to answer the questions you v raised and they are as follows
* when filling d form i wrote that the father was in nigeria whereas he was in d states. ( i didnt want to risk my kids being refused visas)
*i filled dat i (not their dad)would be travelling with them n i would be d one to bear the cost.
*as regards my travel history, i v never been to the states but i v been to the UK thrice ( last trip was in 2012) n i v been to south africa once.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
pizzler:
Hi all, @seyewest

My take is always not friendly on this kind of situation. For the past two years plus, I have seen a couple of cases like this, some have had to go change moniker and ask the question again in another format and all.... Yours however is not going to get too much knocks from me, though I 80% of the times think this whole stuff was preplanned without much knowledge at the time on your part.

Well, from the few posts you have made since you joined nairaland, one can deduce that you applied for the kids maybe just few days/weeks (hardly up to a month, at most February 2017 and not April as stated by your here) after their dad's visa renewal and maybe exit (early 2017) from Nigeria. I don't want to bore you with details of my suspicions on the Canada application and the targeted tricks surrounding same. To worsen your situation, you haven't even made any travel with the first and this current visa, and you now want to show up at a US POE with your in fact real ties to naija - your kids, with a missing/overstaying husband on US soil to boot with (nodding my head)..... Hian!

@The bolded holds no water, you need the pity party. Entering the US on a B1/B2 visa may be very very difficult for you now (not entirely impossible), concentrate on Canada maybe.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
OmoBendel24:

My take is always not friendly on this kind of situation. For the past two years plus, I have seen a couple of cases like this, some have had to go change moniker and ask the question again in another format and all.... Yours however is not going to get too much knocks from me, though I 80% of the times think this whole stuff was preplanned without much knowledge at the time on your part.

@The bolded holds no water, you need the pity party. Entering the US on a B1/B2 visa may be very very difficult for you now (not entirely impossible), concentrate on Canada maybe.

From my observation and going through her profile I think she was refused the Canadian visa mainly because of financial reason so U.S visa is like 2nd option.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
seyewest:

From my observation and going through her profile I think she was refused the Canadian visa mainly because of financial reason so U.S visa is like 2nd option.

Yeah (Personal Assets and Financial Status, and maybe Purpose of Visit), very possible if she did go ahead and applied to them. But, it's also possible she shelved the plan to apply too. Either ways, with the current info sharing thing between both countries, her husband's twist may also have a rub-off influence on their Canadian application sef.

Dastardly result of lack of well calculated planning

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
I dont need to share screenshots of my kids visas to assert when they were issued . You are entitled to your opinions and assumptions. Thanks for your time. The next time i ll be on this chat, i must have gone n returned to naija.
As per canada- it was something i was interested in n shelved. I 'm doing just fine in naija.

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
Like I said earlier, I've seen a couple of cases like this, even the ones that will abuse us and throw tantrums. This post below was made on February 28, 2017. How come the date we are now reading they got the visa is April, 2017?

pizzler:
hi,i m very new here.i d appreciate any kind of advise i can get.
i and my two toddlers wish to visit canada.we have valid american visas(not used yet as we intend to visit both countries in one travel).my kids have no travel experience but i do-london and south africa.
what do we need to apply for a canadian visit visa n what r d processes? how much am i expected to v in my account? must i v landed properties n d likes to show ties to naija?
i look to reading ur responses,thanks

Well, we will shake this table again in October right after September.

I however wish you well on your travelling endeavor because of the kids mostly, and the brain drain Nigeria itself seem to be seriously encouraging at the moment too. Be good....

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
At the time i made dat post, i had mine n my kids hadn't deirs but i spoke with faith. Besides judging from my experience when i got my first visa, i knew it was most unlikely my kids wld be denied ( save for deir father's aspect) . At d mention of where i work, d interviewer just googled my name , made a joke n no further questions were asked( pls dont miscontrue this to mean pride or arrogance oh). Thanks for wishing me well.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pizzler: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
Tantrums ke, deres absolutely no need to do so. Afterall na me carry my wares come marketplace�
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tranxo(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
Smh undecided
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mush: 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
pizzler:
@toyrem very insensitive of you. May a worse fate befall every female in your family. I did not cone here to be insulted but to be guided. You will meet your own in front.

Yoi shouldnt have any problems at POE with your kids, if asked bout their dad just say he couldnt come cuz of work, enjoy ur vacation and no need to curse people. Any1 can say what they like, just ignore the bad.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mush: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Houston28:
Who's travelling to Houston around the end of April?
Me...lol CA then Houston.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
Mush:

Yoi shouldnt have any problems at POE with your kids, if asked bout their dad just say he couldnt come cuz of work, enjoy ur vacation and no need to curse people. Any1 can say what they like, just ignore the bad.

Is that not lying.... You shouldn't encourage such no matter what... U.S visa is not by force we have a lot of places to visit apart from U.S.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please house note that not all posts are real issues as it might be a test. Just drop your "valid" advice and walk away

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
Mush:

They can easily verify if the man is in the usa at the poe, no need to lie
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please can we get back to what this thread is all about
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
olumig:
Please can we get back to what this thread is all about

Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kayus2009: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
Gurus in the house. As a married man with a kid and good job. should I apply for family visa or personal? Which one has more advantage in getting visa at the embassy.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:21am On Apr 18, 2018
kayus2009:
Gurus in the house. As a married man with a kid and good job. should I apply for family visa or personal? Which one has more advantage in getting visa at the embassy.

THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WITH U.S VISA WITH INTENTION TO TRAVEL TO U.S AND NO ONE ON THIS THREAD WILL ANSWER YOU. THANK YOU.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by orimahspence: 12:48am On Apr 18, 2018
Holier than thou people full here

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 10:01am On Apr 18, 2018
pizzler:
Hi all, @seyewest

Dear poster, I will be honest with you and tell you that the U.S. knows that your kids father is still in the States. There's a site to check every US visitor's transit in and out of the States, you just put your passport number and details and it shows you date you entered and left.https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
If the person is still in the States it will show on the site. It's run by the U.S. DHS. However, you stated in your form that you will be travelling alone with your kids and all expenses made by you so you should be ok. If at all your kids dad is mentioned at POE simply tell the truth that he left you and his kids and you haven't heard from him. I wish you the very best. The Lord is your strength.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.